Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats (17152 Views)

BREAKING NEWS*Mpumalanga (South Africa) On High Alert Following Ebola Outbreak / US Mobilizes War Ships And Missile Radars To North Korea - With Pictures / The Beginning Of WW3: "China Mobilizes Military,on 'high Alert' Over North Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by MacLovington(m): 9:56pm On Apr 03, 2013
Intresting
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by sparkwil(m): 10:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
1st ola: [size=16pt]CHINA AND N.K WILL CRUMBLE U.S, THEN IRAN WILL... ISRAEL.
CHINA IS CAPABLE - EVERYTHING IS MADE IN CHINA...
[/size]
your ignorance is at its zenith. Pls do urself a favour by typing '6-day war' on google and see what Israel did to d whole arab world. If u wanna blessed, bless Israel; if u wanna be cursed, hate Israel. @op for u info, d 3WW will start in d moddle east(most likely btw radical arab nations notably iran and german-led europe) not asia. I seriously wish SK with d backin of d U.S will teach this NK goon of a president a life tym lesson.
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by RealMccoy2(m): 10:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
Michaeljones36:

The US invaded Iraq because GW Bush had some perverse daddy issues or something. Bush's father had problems with Saddam and ended up as a one term Presido.
I don't think many people still think the Iraq war was about oil. The US never received any oil anyway. The US isn't even taking full advantage of the TRILLION dollars in mineral deposits in Afghanistan. It was about pure, and unadulterated, stupidity. Most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi.

The US demanded that Saudi Arabia pay for oil in dollars because the OPEC nations (which are a political group whose members are all major oil producers) decided to artificially raise prices in the 1970's. This caused a MAJOR panic in the world markets and was an unmitigated disaster for all of the oil importing nations of the world. All of them. Not just the US.

Economists came to the conclusion, that it was a major problem for oil producing nations to receive foreign currency (in the form of money paid for oil) and for them not to recycle that currency back into the global markets. The solution was for oil producing nations to agree to purchase dollars, so that currency would continue to circulate in the world markets, and also so that there would be stability in the exchange rates. For example, if Saudi Arabia traded with each country in it's own currency, then Finland would always be worried about the exchange rate of it's currency relative to Saudi Arabia. Using the stable US dollar makes oil importing nations happier.

The Euro, and British Pound, are stable currencies, and some oil producing nations prefer to use their currencies as a benchmark. Iran and Venezuela both quote their oil prices in Euros. It's not a big deal.

The thing you have to remember about currency, is that it is always changing. If I have $100 dollars of purchasing power, and I transfer my money to Russian Rubles, I run the risk of my money either losing absolute value (through the devaluation of the ruble on the world markets), or I run the risk of my money gaining absolute value (through the increasing valuation of the Russian ruble). This risk is dangerous because all money has to be denominated in some currency. The only way to try to limit this risk, is for everyone to use a common currency that is VERY STABLE. The US dollar fits the bill (no pun intended).

The end result of petro dollars is that oil prices have been relatively sane since the 1970's. However, zero oil importing countries think having to import something as fundamentally important as oil is a good thing. They all (including China - which is investing heavily in renewables) want to be able to produce their own energy, just like they produce their own food.

Some oil producing nations (like those in Northern Europe) also heavily invest in renewables, for the opposite reason. They want to limit their domestic use of oil, so that they can sell more of it on the world markets.

The global economic markets are controlled by private corporations, not governments. Conspiracies that large wouldn't last.
At the end of the day solar, wind, etc are horribly inefficient when compared to oil. It is going to take decades for those technologies to catch up.

It's also important to remember that oil is used for a lot more than powering cars. It is used for jet fuel, electricity, plastic, fertilizer, and I could go on forever. A million uses have been found for hydrocarbons. This creates the demand, not politics.

I hope this answered your questions once and for all.
You are helping that diaper wearing lad to get educated. I wouldn't be surprise he decides to write his primary school leaving certificate exams next week after reading all your post. That kid is about to As social studies.....lol

2 Likes

Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by Kairoseki77: 10:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
*556#:

Which F-22 are you talking about? The grounded ones with unresolved on board oxygen problem capable of killing the pilot?. Stop exposing your ignorance.

You are thinking about the F-35.
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
Feed me more:
This kid, (Kim) is in charge of a huge army, has delusions of grandeur and a willingness to use all of his power as absolute dictator to create havoc. The world had better start figuring out how to reign him in before he does some real damage and starts a war.

Another Osama... Dey will find him.
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by solomon111(m): 10:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by loswhite(m): 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
12 inches!:

Finally!!! Someone with a like-minded mentality and sees the bigger picture. The U.S has so much nuclear warheads it entered a nuclear arms disarmament agreement with russia (the nation with the second largest stock pile.) That is just the amount each country has declared not to forget the ones they have in secret for the rainy day that are undeclared. War is not a matter of the number of troops anymore. One successful target is enuff to destabilise a nation. We all see the great havoc ordinary Al-Qaeda caused America using simple aeroplane terrorist attack strategy. Now imagine a successful ICBM attack on the pentagon and other secret key U.S military installations we know nothing of. It's not the amount of stockpiles owned by each country but the effectiveness of the technology that will enable the safe delivery of the nuclear warhead to its target. Don't be too quick to forget is it iran now (not too sure) that redirected a U.S drone to its soil using hacking technology so they can study the drone. Also remember that NK is not a open society like the U.S. Communist state.Very Secretive. This is what scares the U.S. Only God knows what kind of nuclear technology they have been developing. We Africans have no business in their show of might. Na to sit down and watch because e no concern us.
anti US so when they are striking US pentagon US will b sleeping abi? Play chess and u will know dat war is not talking abt David using one stone to kill Goliath and everybody goin home after dat
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 03, 2013
Michaeljones36:

You are thinking about the F-35.

Nah, you are the one not thinking right. Lemme help you, since must guys on this thread are not only naive but lazy.

Oxygen questions

Questions regarding the oxygen system being at the center of the
Tyndall crash were quickly dismissed by Air Force officials. The
November incident remains under investigation.

Still, the F-22 has been plagued with a string of incidents of pilots
experiencing hypoxia symptoms dating back several years. An
Associated Press investigation revealed Air Force officials were
aware of flaws as early as 2005.

More recently, the Air Force has contended a valve inside the flight
gear of an F-22 pilot allowed a “pressure garment” vest to inflate
when it shouldn’t, causing hypoxia symptoms in the pilot. Earlier
this year, Air Force officials said they fixed the problem.

But, Air Combat Command in Langley, Va., said they were
inundated with requests for a response regarding the two pilots
from the Virginia Air National Guard who said in a report May 6
on CBS’ “60 Minutes” that they do not feel safe flying the F-22
Raptor — and that they are not alone.

F-22 Raptor pilots Jeremy Gordon and Josh Wilson said they came
forward for the safety of all pilots involved.

The pilots said they loved flying the F-22 but had experienced
hypoxia, which investigators said could stem from a
malfunctioning onboard oxygen system. The problems grounded
the F-22 for months, including at Tyndall Air Force Base in 2011,
where F-22 pilots train.

Pierre Sprey, who helped develop the A-10 and F-16 jets, said he
believes the glues that hold the F-22 stealth “skin” in place is
emanating chemicals that are making the pilots sick. The Air Force
has downplayed Sprey’s accusations.

On top off all that, the time schedule for the 7th Fighter Wing
Squadron move from New Mexico to Tyndall was delayed. The new
fighter squadron of F-22 Raptors originally was scheduled to arrive
in January.

http://m.newsherald.com/news/government/no-2-f-22-problems-persist-1.71929/

F-22 can't be deployed in any combat.
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by bettercreature(m): 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
Americans preparing to test most powerful earthquake bomb in north korea....source (anonymous)
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by cronsberg: 10:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
Come to think of it, i see the reason why some countries will do anything to keep the koreas divided. Can you imaging if north and south korea united? The industrial and technological power of the south, and the military power of the north(two million strong army,nuclear capable,manufactures tanks, long range missiles e.t.c ) The united country will easily become a major world power, certainly overshadowing japan and the rest of asia(except china)and am sure with the will, both south and north korea can compromise a little and find common ground to unite, but its clear some external powers don't want that to happen.

3 Likes

Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2013
PSA:

Michaeljones36 is a troll - please ignore him.. grin
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by Kairoseki77: 10:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
cronsberg: Come to think of it, i see the reason why some countries will do anything to keep the koreas divided. Can you imaging if north and south korea united? The industrial and technological power of the south, and the military power of the north(two million strong army,nuclear capable,manufactures tanks, long range missiles e.t.c ) The united country will easily become a major world power, certainly overshadowing japan and the rest of asia(except china)and am sure with the will, both south and north korea can compromise a little and find common ground to unite, but its clear some external powers don't want that to happen.

This would be just like Western (democratic and rich) and Eastern (communist and poor) Germany combining into modern day Germany (the largest economy in the EU and the third largest exporter in the world).
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by monkvirus(m): 10:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
shymexx:

Perhaps, our definition of what a strong leader should be differs... Personally, I think Kim is defending the sovereignty/integrity of his people and country albeit in a psychotic manner - and that's what a strong leader should do... NK is an independent country and the people there should be allowed to lead their lives how they want to, devoid of foreign interference... I also don't think NK intentionally isolated itself from the rest of the world - the US isolated NK from the rest of the world with neck breaking sanctions... Let me cite an example: NK was lambasted and sanctioned for testing a rocket but when SK did the same thing a few months later, it was applauded for it... Can you see the hypocrisy there??

Also, how do you know he subjects his people to perpetual starvation when sanctions are the primary cause of the starvation?? Perhaps, the blame for the starvation should be on those who placed devilish sanctions on NK because every known academic would tell you that sanctions are the biggest anti-people policies ever... but, they're always ineffective against governments...It's a free world...

NK's style of government is reminiscent of Maoism under Chairman Mao, and we know he's still the greatest Chinese leader ever despite being hated by the West... So labelling it "the most extreme example of Orwellian Big Brother Totalitarianism in modern times" is just your personal opinion based on your ideology... American can also be labelled as "the most extreme example of Orwellian Big Brother Totalitarianism in modern times" - with the almighty dollar acting as the "big brother." Perhaps, both sides are two sides to the same coin, don't you think??

Honestly, I just hope the tensions don't escalate further because it might lead to a wider catastrophic war(s)..

Erm.. I agree with what you said about the romance section... I didn't know you visit the sexuality section... grin Damn!! Feed_me_more is showing off her other side... lipsrsealed tongue

PS: I'm not siding with NK here, I'm basically just trying to be as objective as possible based on what an unbiased/free-world should look like...
I concur with u on the Americans being biased nd two sided, but I will want to quote the words of one of Albert Einstein's quote
shymexx:

Perhaps, our definition of what a strong leader should be differs... Personally, I think Kim is defending the sovereignty/integrity of his people and country albeit in a psychotic manner - and that's what a strong leader should do... NK is an independent country and the people there should be allowed to lead their lives how they want to, devoid of foreign interference... I also don't think NK intentionally isolated itself from the rest of the world - the US isolated NK from the rest of the world with neck breaking sanctions... Let me cite an example: NK was lambasted and sanctioned for testing a rocket but when SK did the same thing a few months later, it was applauded for it... Can you see the hypocrisy there??

Also, how do you know he subjects his people to perpetual starvation when sanctions are the primary cause of the starvation?? Perhaps, the blame for the starvation should be on those who placed devilish sanctions on NK because every known academic would tell you that sanctions are the biggest anti-people policies ever... but, they're always ineffective against governments...It's a free world...

NK's style of government is reminiscent of Maoism under Chairman Mao, and we know he's still the greatest Chinese leader ever despite being hated by the West... So labelling it "the most extreme example of Orwellian Big Brother Totalitarianism in modern times" is just your personal opinion based on your ideology... American can also be labelled as "the most extreme example of Orwellian Big Brother Totalitarianism in modern times" - with the almighty dollar acting as the "big brother." Perhaps, both sides are two sides to the same coin, don't you think??

Honestly, I just hope the tensions don't escalate further because it might lead to a wider catastrophic war(s)..

Erm.. I agree with what you said about the romance section... I didn't know you visit the sexuality section... grin Damn!! Feed_me_more is showing off her other side... lipsrsealed tongue

PS: I'm not siding with NK here, I'm basically just trying to be as objective as possible based on what an unbiased/free-world should look like...
I concur with u on the Americans being biased nd two sided, but I will want to quote the words of one of Albert Einstein's quote
shymexx:

I concur with u on the Americans being biased nd two sided, but I will want to quote the words of one of Albert Einstein's quote " Albert Einstein's quote on the Third
and Fourth World Wars.
"I know not with what weapons World
War III will be fought, but World War
IV will be fought with sticks and
stones.".
For I fear that seems to becoming into reality, just imaging NK striking SK nd the US wit nuclear war heads, nd the US spring back with nuclear war heads nd let's not forget the NK nd Russians are allies just like they are with the Chinese, then let's now imagine world powers exchanging nuclear war heads wit one another, just imaging the catastrophe that would occur nd now tell me if his word would not come to past.
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by Kairoseki77: 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2013
shymexx: PSA:

Michaeljones36 is a troll - please ignore him.. grin

Ok... grin
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by jawjaw1: 10:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
I laugh every time people on this forum talk about China, Iran, Russia, North Korea and the likes being able to stand the US. For goodness sake a country that spends between USD 600 - 800bn on defence alone every year doesnt do it for fun (that is about 10 times more than the closest country). They do it simply to remain number 1 and have no challenger whatsoever.

I can understand peoples anger with the US behaving like a big bully, yes its true they are. But the fact is, I did rather have them police the world than Russia or china. It is better imagined than experienced what the world would be like if the power the US has was in the hands of China or Russia. Every black man would most likely be hiding in a cave now just to survive. It is only the US that has people who can oppose the govt. based on moral grounds and the president would feel the heat. Try that in Russia and China and you will instead disappear for a long time. These countries have no moral basis for anything they do. All they are interested in is growing their economies at any cost including human lives. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the US has not been guilty of this in the past. The difference is that these days there are people within the US who will fight the govt on moral grounds. Such fights alone can cost the president a second term.

In summary, it is plain foolishness to fight the US military wise. You will never win because they are light years ahead of everyone. These guys build new weapons every year and test them in every war zone they are involved in and update them if necessary. Before the weapons are even sold out, you can be sure a better one for their personal use is already on the production line. They have gone as far as building strong allies that will back them any day any time and some of them are nuclear powers with great military mights.

The only way to fight the US is using your economy. Grow your economy a great deal and the yankees will start to fear you. This is what China seems to have achieved a bit. Even at that China is still no match for the US and will do everything to avoid a war. They are smart enough to know they are no match and would be the bigger loser if a war breaks out. Can their economy sustain a war? That is yet to be seen. The US has done it for over 10 - 20 years or even more and are still standing.

So please forget North Korea and Iran. They are just noise makers. The smarter ones like Russia and China would instead quietly find a resolution.

3 Likes

Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by loswhite(m): 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2013
hotwax:
Doom for US and no doom for China? Waooo. China is really the world most powerful country.
And why is somebody under rating south Korea? They have are A̶̲̥̅​ large military power. Remember Japan is another world power. its behind the USA. Need I say more about Australia? Philipin? Singapore? Taiwan? China is out-numbered. + US alone can deal with China and North Korea.
Lol, somebody has also forgoten that UK is A̶̲̥̅​ world power and ally of USA and will not sit by while USA her baby is getting beaten by china.
The war is funnier than you thought.
USA get beating by china hmmmm pls who is d underdog ?
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by Kairoseki77: 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
*556#:

Nah, you are the one not thinking right. Lemme help you, since must guys on this thread are not only naive but lazy.

You are absolutely right. I was the one thinking about the wrong plane. The F-35 has a whole different set of problems that are keeping it from flying as well.
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by dailywealth1967: 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
Iraq had access to chemical weapons and used it on their own people(kudish repels).Syria recently used chemical weapons on her own people.America doesnt want North Korea,south korea,iran,china ,Nigeria to have access to nuclear weapons becos these countries would use them to destroy the earth.We call them countries but the truth is that these countries are not emotionally matured to be allowed to have access to nuclear weapons.
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by mentorken05(m): 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2013
tonididdy: abeg leave naiijaa out of this.na God be our guider.NO BOMB FASHIONED AGAINST US SHALLL EXPLODE
amen oooo
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by Kairoseki77: 11:00pm On Apr 03, 2013
jaw jaw: I laugh every time people on this forum talk about China, Iran, Russia, North Korea and the likes being able to stand the US. For goodness sake a country that spends between USD 600 - 800bn on defence alone every year doesnt do it for fun (that is about 10 times more than the closest country). They do it simply to remain number 1 and have no challenger whatsoever.

I can understand peoples anger with the US behaving like a big bully, yes its true they are. But the fact is, I did rather have them police the world than Russia or china. It is better imagined than experienced what the world would be like if the power the US has was in the hands of China or Russia. Every black man would most likely be hiding in a cave now just to survive. It is only the US that has people who can oppose the govt. based on moral grounds and the president would feel the heat. Try that in Russia and China and you will instead disappear for a long time. These countries have no moral basis for anything they do. All they are interested in is growing their economies at any cost including human lives. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the US has not been guilty of this in the past. The difference is that these days there are people within the US who will fight the govt on moral grounds. Such fights alone can cost the president a second term.

In summary, it is plain foolishness to fight the US military wise. You will never win because they are light years ahead of everyone. These guys build new weapons every year and test them in every war zone they are involved in and update them if necessary. Before the weapons are even sold out, you can be sure a better one for their personal use is already on the production line. They have gone as far as building strong allies that will back them any day any time and some of them are nuclear powers with great military mights.

The only way to fight the US is using your economy. Grow your economy a great deal and the yankees will start to fear you. This is what China seems to have achieved a bit. Even at that China is still no match for the US and will do everything to avoid a war. They are smart enough to know they are no match and would be the bigger loser if a war breaks out. Can their economy sustain a war? That is yet to be seen. The US has done it for over 10 - 20 years or even more and are still standing.

So please forget North Korea and Iran. They are just noise makers. The smarter ones like Russia and China would instead quietly find a resolution.

I don't think black people are treated that bad in China.
I have never been, so maybe some Nigerians will chime in, but I watched this documentary recently:

It is called "Black Money: The Future is in Africa" and it is about black people in China. The website is in dutch, but everyone in the movie speaks English after the first few minutes of intro.

Check it out: http://tegenlicht.vpro.nl/afleveringen/2012-2013/de-toekomst-komt-uit-afrika.html
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by hotwax: 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
*556#:

It seems you are still dwelling on the past. Happy masturbating. So, does it mean the oxigen issue cannot be fixed.
FYI, this was fixed two months ago. Do us A̶̲̥̅​ favor and read the current news.
This is the same war plane deployed to south korea on Tuesday aloang with B-52 and spirit bombers.
Boeing also has battery problem, it doesn't mean it can not be fixed again.

So oxygen problem is riddle dat cannot be solved?
FYI, J22 is still d most effective JSF war plane in the world. F-35 is only better on paper but hasa not seen live combat.

So much for oxygen problem. Ask North Korea, they wil tell you what flies in their neighborhood.
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by loswhite(m): 11:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
cap28:

So the United States is this benevolent power that comes to the rescue of the weak ?

How come she didnt come to the rescue of the rwandans when over a million of them were massacred in less than 3 months.

Do you not see that there is a pattern to the way the US operates - have you ever heard of the petro dollar system?

I would advise you to research it.

The US attacks any nation that tries to trade outside this system, its most recent casualites are:

Iraq
Libya

other countries who do not want to trade within this system are:

Russia
China
north korea
Syria
Venezuela
Iran

are you getting the picture now?
is petro dollar ur beef with US. Pls every country have their Interest including the china and Russia that u r supporting , afterall in 80 soviet invaded Afghanistan for some reason so as much as u luv doin research on US pls also do on ur Russia and Chinese and spare us dis petrodollar stuff as if US is d first to protect intrest. And those nation u mentioned have always been anti US so don't act as if it is petrodollar that is their problem plus pls remove North Korea frm ur list cos dem no get oil to trade In d first place.

1 Like

Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by cap28: 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
Michaeljones36:

The US invaded Iraq because GW Bush had some perverse daddy issues or something. Bush's father had problems with Saddam and ended up as a one term Presido.
I don't think many people still think the Iraq war was about oil. The US never received any oil anyway. The US isn't even taking full advantage of the TRILLION dollars in mineral deposits in Afghanistan. It was about pure, and unadulterated, stupidity. Most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi.

I can't beleive you could make the above statement without being ironic - i mean seriously! you think that the united states spent millions of US tax payer's money to go to war based on some "perverse daddy issues"
how about the fact that Saddam started selling his oil in euros dont you think that had something to do with it?

You are one of the few remaining people who still beleive 9/11 was carried out by a group of arabs - i mean have you even attempted to think about it in your mind, dont you think that it defies all logic to beleive that a handful of saudis armed only with box cutters could singlehandedly outwit NORAD, US intelligence, the US airforce, US air traffic control, the Pentagon and the US national security council - those arabs must not only be terrorists they must be super human!
Also if we are to beleive your story about the involvement of the saudis - why was bin laden's family allowed to leave the US the day after 9/11 ?

if the Iraq war was not about oil - what was it about?

The US demanded that Saudi Arabia pay for oil in dollars because the OPEC nations (which are a political group whose members are all major oil producers) decided to artificially raise prices in the 1970's. This caused a MAJOR panic in the world markets and was an unmitigated disaster for all of the oil importing nations of the world. All of them. Not just the US.

No you are talking about the OPEC embargo which is totally different and which was carried out by the arab OPEC countries to punish america and its allies for supporting israel during the Yom Kippur War of 1973, the arab OPEC countries also wanted to redress the unfair trading agreements that they had with many western oil companies who were able to buy oil from them at rock bottom prices. this is a totally different issue and it was only after the embargo had been lifted that the US then came up with the idea of crude oil purcahses and sales being conducted in the US dollar, this was done in order to take away power from OPEC and transfer control of oil prices to the US.

Economists came to the conclusion, that it was a major problem for oil producing nations to receive foreign currency (in the form of money paid for oil) and for them not to recycle that currency back into the global markets. The solution was for oil producing nations to agree to purchase dollars, so that currency would continue to circulate in the world markets, and also so that there would be stability in the exchange rates. For example, if Saudi Arabia traded with each country in it's own currency, then Finland would always be worried about the exchange rate of it's currency relative to Saudi Arabia. Using the stable US dollar makes oil importing nations happier.

The above makes no sense - the US dollar has never been stable and was definitely not stable as at the time it became the only acceptable currency for trade in crude oil- as a matter of fact the dollar had been depreciating in value very badly by the early 70s and this is why Nixon decided to take it off the gold standard and transform it into a fiat currency. And to say that the US dollar is stable now means that you have been living undr a rock for the past 10 years, if it is so stable why are the BRICS countries now using their own currencies to trade with each other?

1 Like

Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by mentorken05(m): 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2013
mmmustapha: u r an idiot wetin concern nigeria wit these countries
oga if fights gets serious,den d fighting countries may seek for support and automatically it will be a world war...imagine russia,china,iran and co backing NK and US,isreal,UK and co backing SK..na world war e be naa
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by Kairoseki77: 11:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
cap28:

I can't beleive you could make the above statement without being ironic - i mean seriously! you think that the united states spent millions of US tax payer's money to go to war based on some "perverse daddy issues"
how about the fact that Saddam started selling his oil in euros dont you think that had something to do with it?

You are one of the few remaining people who still beleive 9/11 was carried out by a group of arabs - i mean have you even attempted to think about it in your mind, dont you think that it defies all logic to beleive that a handful of saudis armed only with box cutters could singlehandedly outwit NORAD, US intelligence, the US airforce, US air traffic control, the Pentagon and the US national security council - those arabs must not only be terrorists they must be super human!
Also if we are to beleive your story about the involvement of the saudis - why was bin laden's family allowed to leave the US the day after 9/11 ?

if the Iraq war was not about oil - what was it about?

No you are talking about the OPEC embargo which is totally different and which was carried out by the arab OPEC countries to punish america and its allies for supporting israel during the Yom Kippur War of 1973, the arab OPEC countries also wanted to redress the unfair trading agreements that they had with many western oil companies who were able to buy oil from them at rock bottom prices. this is a totally different issue and it was only after the embargo had been lifted that the US then came up with the idea of crude oil purcahses and sales being conducted in the US dollar, this was done in order to take away power from OPEC and transfer control of oil prices to the US.

The above makes no sense - the US dollar has never been stable and was definitely not stable as at the time it became the only acceptable currency for trade in crude oil- as a matter of fact the dollar had been depreciating in value very badly by the early 70s and this is why Nixon decided to take it off the gold standard and transform it into a fiat currency. And to say that the US dollar is stable now means that you have been living undr a rock for the past 10 years, if it is so stable why are the BRICS countries now using their own currencies to trade with each other?

As soon as you start saying that 9/11 was a secret US Government plot to kill it's own citizens, you sound like a nutcase. I was in NY on September 11th.

It's not worth talking to you anymore.
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by cap28: 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
Michaeljones36:

As soon as you start saying that 9/11 was a secret US Government plot, you sound like a nutcase.

It's not worth talking to you anymore.

At least have the decency to admit that you have no answers to any of my questions instead of taking the coward's way out.

If i sound like a nut case because i beleive that 9/11 was an inside job that means that over 30% of americans are also nutcases as well as one of the co chairmen of the 9/11 commission who beleives the same thing too.

Have you heard of Operation Northwoods?

[b]Operation Northwoods was a series of false flag proposals that originated within the United States government in 1962, but were rejected by the Kennedy administration.[2] The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit perceived acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation, which had recently become communist under Fidel Castro.[3] One part of Operation Northwoods was to "develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington".
Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated:
The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere.
Several other proposals were included within Operation Northwoods, including real or simulated actions against various U.S. military and civilian targets. The plan was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, signed by Chairman Lyman Lemnitzer and sent to the Secretary of Defense. Although part of the U.S. government's Cuban Project anti-communist initiative, Operation Northwoods was never officially accepted; it was authorized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but then rejected by President John F. Kennedy.
According to currently released documentation, none of the operations became active under the auspices of the Operation Northwoods proposals [/b]

Does it sound familiar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

1 Like

Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by loswhite(m): 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
Michaeljones36:

China pegged their currency to the dollar, so I have no idea what you are talking about.
No one is forcing them to buy US treasury bills either.

I don't know what the rest of those countries want to do. They all earn 'petro dollars' as foreign exchange, because they want to. No one is stopping them from trading in Euros. (look up petroeuros and the use of British Pounds as petrocurrency in the North Sea). The US dollar is a stable currency. No one wants to risk massive exchange rate fluctuations.

Lastly, Russia is the world's largest oil producer. If they wanted to trade in other currency, nobody could stop them.

In other word's...your theory is a failure. grin
the countries he quoted are anti US hav bin anti US and will do anything to see the US fall
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by Kairoseki77: 11:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
cap28:

At least have the decency to admit that you have no answers to any of my questions instead of taking the coward's way out.

If i sound like a nut case because i beleive that 9/11 was an inside job that means that over 30% of americans are also nutcases as well as one of the co chairmen of the 9/11 commission who beleives the same thing too.

Have you heard of Operation Northwoods?

Does it sound familiar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Yes, sounds very familiar. Sounds like the mutterings of homeless escaped mental patients.
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by cap28: 11:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
loswhite: is petro dollar ur beef with US. Pls every country have their Interest including the china and Russia that u r supporting , afterall in 80 soviet invaded Afghanistan for some reason so as much as u luv doin research on US pls also do on ur Russia and Chinese and spare us dis petrodollar stuff as if US is d first to protect intrest. And those nation u mentioned have always been anti US so don't act as if it is petrodollar that is their problem plus pls remove North Korea frm ur list cos dem no get oil to trade In d first place.

Sorry but i have to bring up the petro dollar angle because that is the source of america's power. Most people do not know this and think america's power comes from its ingenuity and its belief in freedom, justice and democracy. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Also North Korea is on that list because it refuses to buy oil in dollars not because it has oil, you dont have to have oil in order to trade in oil.

1 Like

Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by cap28: 11:45pm On Apr 03, 2013
Michaeljones36:

Yes, sounds very familiar. Sounds like the mutterings of homeless escaped mental patients.

okay, you are obvioulsy one of those blinkered individuals that hate the truth and prefer to live in your own little world.
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by cap28: 11:47pm On Apr 03, 2013
loswhite: the countries he quoted are anti US hav bin anti US and will do anything to see the US fall

The countries i mentioned want to have control over their own affairs, they want to be able to control their own political and economic development - why is that a bad thing?
Re: China Mobilizes Military, On 'high Alert' Over N. Korea Threats by panafrican(m): 11:50pm On Apr 03, 2013
Let all of us keep in mind this: a nuclear war will not benefit humanity if it survives.

Here are some "official data" ( the hidden data are far more alarming than what you see here).

Source: http://www.ploughshares.org/world-nuclear-stockpile-report?gclid=CJKFxLDKr7YCFaI-Mgod6kMA5Q

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mali, Niger, Burkina Juntas Sign Mutual Defence Pact / Trump Accepts Deal For Temporary End To Painful Shutdown / Alexei Navalny’s Former Chief Of Staff Volkov Attacked In Lithuania(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.