Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! (19746 Views)

How Many Clothes Is Too Much Clothes / Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? / Is The Importation Of Clothes To Nigeria Illegal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by hardbody: 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2013
nairaman66: As a matter of fact! Nothing is illegal in Nigeria if you have of the Oga at the top!! It's only illegal when you are an ordinary man.. You know what I mean??

Bros fashi. dem go don bend your neck before your oga at the top sabi wetin jam you. If you try am, those boys catch you, only you one go sabi say police na your friend
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by mkoabiola: 2:09pm On Apr 03, 2013
It is legal.
U will continue to wonder.
Foolish question.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by OlaAjia(m): 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
boolet: Folly is the only excuse for someone to dress an an imam while he's not one. Why would one choose to use military paraphernalia when he/she is not in d military?

Folly, you say? There is no such thing as dress code for imams in existence, thus there could be no such thing as dressing as am imam. Admittedly, military dress codes do exist, but it is well defined beyond just 'camo', thus wearing camo in and of itself is not neccessarily a violation of the military dress code.

Moreover, you did not answer the question which sought the legality or otherwise of the act.

What I consider folly is passing off the acceptance of oppression and dehumanisation of one's own self as wisdom; and this is perhaps, quite the lucid demonstration on why people remaining oppressed is self indicting; or as has been more eloquently put by Joseph De Maistre, that "Every country has the leadership it deserves".
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
Useless country with useless illiterate Army, camo dat civilians wear freely
all over the world.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by stantob(m): 2:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
Why didn't the military unclad Terry G or is he a military man?By the way what are the military men doing outside in the streets.I thought they should be in barracks training for war undecided undecided undecided Country full of intimidation,corruption and uncountable atrocities.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by Jesuspikin87(m): 2:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
Texas_R:

Are you serious,you mean you've not heard of the POLICE fashion line? eyewears,clothings etc?

Leave am....Na Learner.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by boolet: 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
OlaAjia:

Folly, you say? There is no such thing as dress code for imams in existence, thus there could be no such thing as dressing as am imam. Admittedly, military dress codes do exist, but it is well defined beyond just 'camo', thus wearing camo in and of itself is not neccessarily a violation of the military dress code.

Moreover, you did not answer the question which sought the legality or otherwise of the act.

What I consider folly is passing off the acceptance of oppression and dehumanisation of one's own self as wisdom; and this is perhaps, quite the lucid demonstration on why people remaining oppressed is self indicting; or as has been more eloquently put by Joseph De Maistre, that "Every country has the leadership it deserves".

For all I care, many pple sought d camouflage and went into the military for it. These pple dug it out because they couldn't just buy for it. If anyone believes he wants to wear it at will, let him do likewise. What u regard as dehumanising was the hard prize the valiant and gallant men had to pay with their own sweat, and even blood; did u ever visit a military training institution? Bro, forget about the sentiments... D first thing that comes to mind when one see camouflage is the military, let's leave it to them.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by boolet: 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
femmyb: Useless country with useless illiterate Army, camo dat civilians wear freely
all over the world.

I'm sure the army has @ least a few men and women who are bolder, smarter and more disciplined than you are. For you to call your country useless and those pple who fight for ur mouth not to get bombed illiterate... I reserve my comments.

1 Like

Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by ingoditrust101: 3:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
Scientists reportedly discover gate to hell,what do you think?
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/scientists-reportedly-discover-gate-hell-203918901.html
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by udefrancis: 3:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
Is should only be put on in the barrack, in a barrack, every body is military weather civilian
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by EVERWIN(m): 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
Legal or not, better don't wear it in 9ja as civilian, becos the guys with the gun are always right. I know the designer camo and police t-shirts are popular at parties.

It's similar 2 one thing I meet be4, the importation of a big quantity of ex-army MAN trucks in Nigeria. Be4 importation they need repainting, take all the ammunition and arms out.
Or get permission from the armyoga at the top, for bringing them in and repaint them in Lagos.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
Okija_juju: I have been wondering if it is illegal for civillians to wear camouflage clothing items in Nigeria.

I have heard rumours of military personnel stripping civillians of their camouflage pants and shorts.

Also, is it illegal to wear 'POLICE' designer shirts as well.. Thanks.
TRY WEAR AM 1ST MAKE SOJO TELL U WETIN TIME DEY TALK
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by possibilita(m): 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
decode55: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wear am go bori camp, port harcourt, then you go know wassup smiley smiley
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 03, 2013
boolet:

For all I care, many pple sought d camouflage and went into the military for it. These pple dug it out because they couldn't just buy for it. If anyone believes he wants to wear it at will, let him do likewise. What u regard as dehumanising was the hard prize the valiant and gallant men had to pay with their own sweat, and even blood; did u ever visit a military training institution? Bro, forget about the sentiments... D first thing that comes to mind when one see camouflage is the military, let's leave it to them.
So in countries were you can walk into a store and buy camo and wear it freely on the street
as a civilian, the soldiers there did not go through a military training institution.
The thousands of British and American soldiers that were killed or injured in Iraq or Afghanistan
did not pay the price with there blood or sweat to wear camo, so by your twisted logic they should be
flogging any civilian wearing camo on the street of New York or London SMH keep on defending ur oppressors.

1 Like

Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by OlaAjia(m): 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
boolet:

The only person spewing sentimental and baseless arguments here is you dear friend. I have only given the strict legal basis for the use of what you call camouflage, nothing more.

If anybody really joined the army for camouflage, I strongly advise the person to reevaluate their motivation. As has been suggested, the law doesn't require you to be in the army to use camouflage, so as it turns out, you needn't join the army for such a frivolous reason. Furthermore, the army does not own the concept of camouflage, the idea of camo precedes its usage in any army.

And you are wrong about what I consider dehumanising. It has nothing to do with sweat and blood, or valiantness and gallantness, rather, it is the idea that somebody has the right to brutalise you because you dress in a certain way; and what I consider folly is the acceptance of this dehumanisation.

To answer your question, I did not just visit a military training instituition, I grew up in one and was moulded by the military in more ways than one. 12 years of my life attending schools which include Commands and NMS qualify me as an individual who knows a thing or two about the military.

I wear camo almost every week, and very rarely does the thought of military ever cross my mind, just so you know.

4 Likes

Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by firetrap(m): 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
first of all they are called fatigues and are only referred to as camouflage when used for obscuring ones presence from detection and no it is not illegal to wear them. it is only illegal and therefore tantamount to impersonation when you wear them with a rank or an insignia to pass yourself off as a member of the armed forces
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by arumz(m): 4:17pm On Apr 03, 2013
U'll recieve panebeating 1st and claim right if u stil can later.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by arumz(m): 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
U'll recieve panebeating 1st and claim right if u stil can later.
But its nt legal 4 aswering Que sake as nt in d constitutn.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by adoniza(m): 5:14pm On Apr 03, 2013
I don't just know what to say but, don't try it.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
adebahyor: Its illegal.
Its impersonation.
Camouflage clothes are worn by d military as operational wears or during battles. Camo are of different types, in as much as it make a soldier not easily seen or not even seen at all my his enemies. If you put on any camo dressing, once its not a Nigerian military issue or her design, if its just another design. Ofcourse i as a soldier even in a check point will overlook it. But if its Nigerian issue or our design, then you will be in for it. Once u cannot identify yourself.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by Henzzy(m): 7:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sum1 shuld mail me and tell me hw 2 create a topic on Nairaland.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by Henzzy(m): 7:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sum1 shuld mail me and tell me hw 2 create a topic on Nairaland.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by ini4brandon(m): 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2013
patwhizzy: the one that baffles me pass is the way celebrities are wearing it anyhow now...make dem take heed ooo cuz the day one angry hausa soldier man go catch any of them on camour..dem go dey do frog jump dey xplain...
p-square bee warned.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by Ninilowo(m): 12:25am On Apr 04, 2013
What is so special about this cammo of a thing sef? This shit is designed to blend or hide the combatants while at the front line so why do you want to die cos u are not permitted to wear it by the barrack guyz. Next topic a beg!
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by badesco(m): 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
In abroad it is legal but in Nigeria it is illegal, so dont try it.
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by raeez(m): 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
bisikeys: Just wear am go pose for front of Ikeja cantonment... Na Boxers u go wear reach house
u go enter guard room before u go house
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by Jeyjey4unic(f): 5:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
idnoble135: cee question. U av heard dem ryt?
Re: CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! by Hollaryeenqah: 8:29am On Aug 21, 2014
@adebarhyo

What about if its not Nigeria Army Colour and Short? any case for that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. / The Nu Hair Extension Craze; Brazilian! / Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.