Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. - Foreign Affairs (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. (94013 Views)

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens, Images that shamed Britain !!!! / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
bebe2:

This got me laughing loud, I went to my friends house in abbey wood we were busy gisting ( shouting/yelling Naija style) nexthing there was a bang at the door, she jumped up and threw her self on the floor, grabbed me to the floor. " babes, dat na tv licence pple" we stayed down for some time wen it went quiet we went to the door only to find that ir was Argos dat were trying to deliver her fridge that she ordered grin

On top less than £200 na hin una wan kee una selves grin grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Lexoria: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
naijababe:

Done.

Send to me also, Pleeease! Chickdnoble@gmail.com
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by maclatunji: 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2013
chaircover: i haven't read all 50 pages lol, but I am hoping that some people are thinking out of the box. Yes £500 sounds like a lot of money especially if you haven't got it, however lets look beyond this and look at other things.

On Tuesday, i drove up the motorway doing 80mph to 100mph, I wasn't stressed at that speed because I knew that I had original brakes, good tyres and a good road and no sudden craters or debris appearing in the road.

My kids go to school free, they have free dental and medical treatment, one has free public transport travel and If I wasn't working, they will have free school dinners. There are also heaps of activities that they attend free or subsidized such as Italian lessons, music lessons, sports and all what not. We have 4 library's in my city and they can take out books, Cd's, magazines etc for free.

If I dial 999, I will have an ambulance, police officer or fire engine within 5 minutes. If I am too ill to to my regular doctor, I call him and he comes out free. I go to A&E and I am seen for free and treated like a human being. I am not left to die because I cant afford to pay for my treatment. My local NHS hospital also has a helicopter on standby to get people to hospital in an emergency. Ive actually seen the helicopter land on the motorway to take an accident victim to hospital and you will be amazed at the speed in which the emergency services stop the traffic and get the traffic moving again afterwards.

When I am pregnant I get free medication and dental treatment for a year and the govt gives me approx £60 a month for each child till they are 18 years old regardless of what I earn.

I have access to my MP that I voted in and if I am not happy with the service of any company that I visit I report to the trading standards and it is looked into. I can buy things from a shop, take it home, change my mind and return the item to the shop for a full refund.My bins are emptied every week and my close is swept every week too. The bushes and the grass is cut too from time to time. There are street lights outside my house which come on every evening and go off in the morning. There is a big park within a 2 minute walk from my house with benches and children's outside play swings etc

There is also accountability. A month ago my husband was stopped by the police and accused him of letting my daughter ride in the car without a seat belt. She did have a seatbelt on BTW but he accused her of putting it on after she saw him. Basically he called her a lair. My husband was livid and made a formal complaint to the police commission. They sent 2 senior police officers out to our home within days to come and sort things out. They listened to what happened and They apologized on behalf of the police force, but we said it was my daughter they upset and she was at school at the time. They came back the very next day and apologized to her personally and took her to their car to show her the gadgets (you know kids and gadgets)

When I am paying my bills, I am not just paying for gas and electric, I am paying for peace of mind and a sane lifestyle.

For your invaluable services to Queen and country. I, the totally unrecognised Nairaland Viceroy of Queen Elizabeth II hereby dub thee Chaircover, Baroness of Nairaland. tonguetonguetongue

2 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by funnyx(m): 12:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
bebe2:

This got me laughing loud, I went to my friends house in abbey wood we were busy gisting ( shouting/yelling Naija style) nexthing there was a bang at the door, she jumped up and threw her self on the floor, grabbed me to the floor. " babes, dat na tv licence pple" we stayed down for some time wen it went quiet we went to the door only to find that ir was Argos dat were trying to deliver her fridge that she ordered grin

Lmao grin grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by cap28: 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2013
dayokanu: In Naija you dont have to worry about these bills

yeah, just kidnappers and armed robbers.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2013
cap28:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by otunoba1(m): 12:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
Check your email

Many thanks Adaobi!

Bless ur soul
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
Lmao thank you grin
please, can you email me the link: codebrew85@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Lexoria: 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
cap28:

Thank you very much.I wonder which is worse, bills and peace of mind or societal vices coupled with fear and no bills.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by maclatunji: 12:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
obadiah777: ALL THESE BELLIGERENT NAKKAZ COMPLAINING ABOUT TV LICENSE. THE TV LICENSE WOMAN CAME TO MY HOUSE, I HAPPILY OPENED THE DOOR. SHE SAID ERMM WHY YOU AINT PAY TV LICENSE FOR THIS HOUSE. I SAID, YOU CRAZY WOMAN ( NOT EXACTLY BUT IN MY HEAD I CALLED HER THAT ) DO YOU SEE ANY TV IN MY HOUSE ? I DONT WATCH TV. SO JUST TO MAKE SURE SHE DOES NOT COME BACK, I TOOK HER AROUND AND SHOWED HER EVERY NUKE AND CRANNY OF MY HOUSE. NO TV. SO SHE SAW MY COMPUTERS AND ASKED DO YOU WATCH TV ON YOUR COMPUTER ? I DAMN NEAR SLAPPED HER ( WELL NOT EXACTLY ) AND I TOLD HER I DO NOT WATCH TV BECAUSE IT CONTAINS LOTS OF INFORMATION USED TO BRAINWASH PEOPLE. THEN SHE LOOKED AT ME LIKE A CRAZY MAN AND QUICKLY EXITED MY HOUSE BEFORE I SHANKED HER WITH A KNIFE ( OR SO SHE THOUGHT AFTER MY RESPONSE. SHE PROLLY THOUGHT OH OH, I AM IN THE HOME OF A CONSPIRACY THEORY TIN FOIL HAT NUT JOB ). AS SOON AS SHE LEFT I TURNED ON MY COMPUTER AND CONTINUED WATCHING CORONATION STREET ON ITV PLAYER grin grin grin

MORAL OF THE STORY ? ALL YOU BELLIGERENT AZZ NAKKAZ NEED TO THROW YOUR TV IN THE GARBAGE CAN. WITH NO TV, YOU CAN CONFIDENTLY SHOW THEM AROUND YOUR HOUSE AND PROVE YOU DONT WATCH TV INSTEAD OF HIDING FROM THEM.

LMFSO!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by tellwisdom: 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
ogeelove:

Hoy, there is such a thing as decorum, being mindful of people, seen and unseen. U just slapped me on the face but I forgive u. And my name is not ogechi.
Decorum?? I no go school jor undecided..."Can I hug u?"is the subject matter here? wink
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by funnyx(m): 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
chaircover: i haven't read all 50 pages lol, but I am hoping that some people are thinking out of the box. Yes £500 sounds like a lot of money especially if you haven't got it, however lets look beyond this and look at other things.

On Tuesday, i drove up the motorway doing 80mph to 100mph, I wasn't stressed at that speed because I knew that I had original brakes, good tyres and a good road and no sudden craters or debris appearing in the road.

My kids go to school free, they have free dental and medical treatment, one has free public transport travel and If I wasn't working, they will have free school dinners. There are also heaps of activities that they attend free or subsidized such as Italian lessons, music lessons, sports and all what not. We have 4 library's in my city and they can take out books, Cd's, magazines etc for free.

If I dial 999, I will have an ambulance, police officer or fire engine within 5 minutes. If I am too ill to to my regular doctor, I call him and he comes out free. I go to A&E and I am seen for free and treated like a human being. I am not left to die because I cant afford to pay for my treatment. My local NHS hospital also has a helicopter on standby to get people to hospital in an emergency. Ive actually seen the helicopter land on the motorway to take an accident victim to hospital and you will be amazed at the speed in which the emergency services stop the traffic and get the traffic moving again afterwards.

When I am pregnant I get free medication and dental treatment for a year and the govt gives me approx £60 a month for each child till they are 18 years old regardless of what I earn.

I have access to my MP that I voted in and if I am not happy with the service of any company that I visit I report to the trading standards and it is looked into. I can buy things from a shop, take it home, change my mind and return the item to the shop for a full refund.My bins are emptied every week and my close is swept every week too. The bushes and the grass is cut too from time to time. There are street lights outside my house which come on every evening and go off in the morning. There is a big park within a 2 minute walk from my house with benches and children's outside play swings etc

There is also accountability. A month ago my husband was stopped by the police and accused him of letting my daughter ride in the car without a seat belt. She did have a seatbelt on BTW but he accused her of putting it on after she saw him. Basically he called her a lair. My husband was livid and made a formal complaint to the police commission. They sent 2 senior police officers out to our home within days to come and sort things out. They listened to what happened and They apologized on behalf of the police force, but we said it was my daughter they upset and she was at school at the time. They came back the very next day and apologized to her personally and took her to their car to show her the gadgets (you know kids and gadgets)

When I am paying my bills, I am not just paying for gas and electric, I am paying for peace of mind and a sane lifestyle.

You nailed it!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by ogeelove(f): 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
tellwisdom:
Decorum?? I no go school jor undecided..."Can I hug u?"is the subject matter here? wink

Well, well, see, a gentle response turns away wrath. We owe it to ourselves and to GOD to bring out the good in others.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2013

So overpriced electricity bill is what pays for all the story-of-methuselah that you wrote up there?? Do you understand English and actually know the difference between electricity bill and taxes If you want to pay 4 times the amount you're supposed to pay for your electricity bill, good luck to you... As for me, I won't let anyone rip me off... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:
So overpriced electricity bill is what pays for all the story-of-methuselah that you wrote up there?? Do you understand English and actually know the difference between electricity bill and taxes If you want to pay 4 times the amount you're supposed to pay for your
electricity bill, good luck to you... As for me, I won't let anyone rip me off... undecided undecided

the winter months are usually like that......
besides, there are things to analyse. firstly, are your windows double-glazed? if they are not then you have shot yourself in the foot. the standard temperature the house should run is also very confusing. there's no point running the hot water only for you to dilute it with cold water(that's waste of heat energy).....

if you stay at home all the time too, you would use more heat. these are the reasons your bill went as far as £500. i paid around the same amount this time last year too - shymmex, go and pay your bill before british gas sends the bailiffs to come and remove your boiler...... grin

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:
the winter months are usually like that......
besides, there are things to analyse. firstly, are your windows double-glazed? if they are not then you have shot yourself in the foot. the standard temperature the house should run is also very confusing. there's no point running the hot water only for you to dilute it with cold water(that's waste of heat energy).....

if you stay at home all the time too, you would use more heat. these are the reasons your bill went as far as £500. i paid around the same amount this time last year too - shymmex, go and pay your bill before british gas sends the bailiffs to come and remove your boiler...... grin

My windows are double-glazed and I'm never at home, to be honest... I've been paying electricity bill since I was 17/18 and I've never paid anything close to this(even when I was in uni outside London and stayed indoors most of the time)... It's just the normal thing with these rip-offs to overcharge people for the services they didn't render...

I should've changed my meter to the pre-paid one when I moved in... Who likes paying bills, anyway Even the richest people in the UK don't like paying taxes, hence why most of them hide their money in tax-free countries... Most of the clowns running their mouths on the internet probably cry every time the postman drops their letters every Monday morning, to be honest... I'm a real guy and I don't care about fronting to people in Nigeria... grin

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
chaircover:

No I don’t. I'm Sorry embarassed

Cool... Write your 5000 words essay next time when the topic is about what your taxes pay for... undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
The super-rich are using loopholes to avoid paying £2billion a year in income tax, official figures have revealed.
Only one in six of those earning more than £10million a year is paying tax on their earnings - with the rest using loopholes to dodge the burden.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/only-one-in-six-of-uks-richest-men-is-paying-any-income-tax-6591876.html

^^^^The super-rich don't even like paying taxes... If you don't fall within that tax bracket - stop running your mouth on the internet... undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
chaircover:

Yes sir

No animosity - however, I can't stand people who like showing off...

Well, if you think your money is long - next time when you give your service provider your meter reading...tell them to charge you 4x your normal bill... wink
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by HarvardGrad: 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
chaircover:

Yes sir

You are really mature, me likey. Don't pay attention to Shymexx joor
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by ogeelove(f): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
chaircover:

Ok

You r making me smile. Well done Sis.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
Harvard-Grad:

You are really mature, me likey. Don't pay attention to Shymexx joor

If chatting crap and arguing off tangent is what maturity entails - I definitely don't want to be "mature." grin

Electricity bill and blah blah blah about services provided by taxes - what's the correlation??
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by softangel(m): 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
redsun:

I was mistaking you for a big boy.

You still mourn about bills.Are a you student?

N grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by seguno2: 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
obadiah777: NAIJABABE ISHI AND PATAKI CHECK YOUR EMAILS. LEARN HOW TO NAVIGATE THE SITE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALSO WATCH EVERY FOOTBALL, TENNIS, BASKETBALL, ANY THING CALLED SPORTS YOU CAN WATCH ON THAT SITE IF YOU TO TO THE BLUE TAB CALLED 'LIVE SPORTS'

Abeg PM the site to me too oh!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
Buzugee

What's your opinion about these overly anglophile Nigerian freshies?? Bro., most of them are worse than BNP and EDL members, just run when you see them... I don't go near them... wink
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by redsun(m): 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

Yeah, student loan is another piss-taker that won't just go away...

Fvck the system - they're ripping us off!!!!!!!!!

That is the only way a system can run effectively.It services itself by recycling its resources.

But for the tories drastic changes,uk is one the sanest country in terms of caring for her people.It is a rat race in america,even with less tax and winners takes all policies.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by redsun(m): 2:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
cap28:

Extremists and ritualists.The Blood suckers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (157) (Reply)

Two Kenyan Government Staff In Sex Act. Photo Goes Viral / "It Means I Won" - Trump Reacts To Georgian Governor's Tweet / This Picture Will Change Your View About Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.