Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh (30901 Views)

Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Pharaoh:scientific Mummification Or Qur'anic Preservation? / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by yuzjet(m): 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Allahu Akbar

Kindly please start the story of Yusuf ASAP.

Proud to be named Yusuf.

May Allah reward u abundantly!

1 Like

Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hmmn
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by ayusco85(m): 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by Babyboy1986(m): 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
I hear u.
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
Booked
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by shadowwalker101: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
cool
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by sufficientGrace: 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Bible story

3 Likes

Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by experimentist: 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
Wow! Bible is copied from Qur'an but many thangs changed..
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by Oklander: 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
Masha'Allah...Interesting.
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by experimentist: 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
victorazy:

grin for ur little mind abi? grin
Just reason the story and what is hapening now among the Israelites and the Alah dwelling neighboring countries. So Alah later come they fight His ppl? grin
Qur'an dey envy Bible
wat r u sayin young man! Everybody is Allah's..
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by CircleOfWilis: 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Fellow bible guys...leave these people alone and their book, its non of ur business!
Pls ignore and leave thr thread

2 Likes

Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by hotwax: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
tbaba1234: Stories from the Quran

The way we tell stories in the Quran is pretty tragic.. I am starting this thread and i hope it would be useful particularly for parents with young kids.

Stories in the Quran are incredible. The amount of detail in every ayah is mind-blowing.. Allah takes you to the scene; It is as if you are witnessing it yourself... No one tells a story better than Allah, the subtleties are incredible.. Every story serves a purpose and there are no unnecessary details that serve no purpose to the story being told. The story is told to address a point and is related to the central idea or theme of the surah.

Example: Allah talks about the story of dawud and Ǧālūt (David and Goliath) in surah baqarah, where a young man kills a great commander Ǧālūt. Here, a small army was able to defeat a big army... Just before this story, the muslims have just been commanded to fight in badr for the first time.... Allah uses this story to encourage the small Muslim army that was coming up against a bigger army.

Allah says when telling the story : ‘How often a small force has defeated a large army with God’s permission! God is with those who are steadfast.’ (Surah baqarah). Allah also reveals the prayer made by Talut(Saul) army asking for patience before battle: Ufrigh ‘alayna sabran wa thabbit aQdaamanaa wa aNSurnaa ‘ala-al Qawmi al kaafireen' - ‘Our Lord, pour patience on us, make us stand firm, and help us against the disbelievers,’

The early muslim were given the courage, the hope and even the prayer to say for the battle that was coming just by Allah relaying the story... All stories in the Quran serve a purpose and are related to the general theme of the surah, there are no unnecessary details. Even when stories are repeated, There is always something remarkable that addresses the theme of the surah.

Parents should understand the depth of these stories and be able to tell their kids... They are fascinating stories... We would start with Musa (Alayhi salam) and then move to the most beautiful story, the story of Yusuf (Alayhi salam).

Please make du'a

Moses story was not from the quran. It was from the bible. Moses is a jew. The bible is a book about Jews. Moses is not an arab.

Mohammed adapted the story from the book of prophets (Torah).

Anyways, I am not against this story (Islamic version). It all buttress bible account.

Stay cool

9 Likes

Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by experimentist: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Awon Pharaohs, them wan tek over dis beautiful thread.. *tears race to romance section* cry
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by Vock(m): 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
I didn't read it...only came for the comments
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by bwideity: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
All i knew was that , Mohammed study the Jewish old Scripture which is called Torah and he learn from the Jews Rabi old scripts which is called Talmud.

All these scriptures are at least 3000 years old than Mohammed, so why do you think ALLAH will need to re tell these stories to Mohammed which is already out there and all he need is just to reach-out and get a copy.

Just imagine a new person called him self a prophet and tell you that ALLAH came to him and telling him all the stories in the Qur'an for him to rewrite again.

That's just my opinion.

11 Likes

Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
bwideity: All i knew was that , Mohammed study the Jewish old Scripture which is called Torah and he learn from the Jews Rabi old scripts which is called Talmud.

All these scriptures are at least 3000 years old than Mohammed, so why do you think ALLAH will need to re tell these stories to Mohammed which is already out there and all he need is just to reach-out and get a copy.

Just imagine a new person called him self a prophet and tell you that ALLAH came to him and telling him all the stories in the Qur'an for him to rewrite again.

That's just my opinion.

All of the quaran before Muhammad were copied from the Jews.
Record has it that Muhammad was a merchants who travelled extensively to istreal.

2 Likes

Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
The David, Moses et al never said they were Muslims (nor Christians). Infact, they were merely dramatist persona in Jewish history, why fraudulently or ignorantly weld them to the other religions they had nothing to do with, some type of validation seeking?

Anyone should correct me if I am wrong, I am yet to read where it is verifiably recorded in History of North Africa (specifically Egypt) that Israelites, Israelis or Jews were held captives for decades.
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
bwideity: All i knew was that , Mohammed study the Jewish old Scripture which is called Torah and he learn from the Jews Rabi old scripts which is called Talmud.

That's just my opinion.

Brilliant!

1 Like

Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by hotwax: 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
9jacrip: The David, Moses et al never said they were Muslims (nor Christians). Infact, they were merely dramatist persona in Jewish history, why fraudulently or ignorantly weld them to the other religions they had nothing to do with, some type of validation seeking?

Anyone should correct me if I am wrong, I am yet to read where it is verifiably recorded in History of North Africa (specifically Egypt) that Israelites, Israelis or Jews were held captives for decades.

You got to be kidding me. Or is that bolded a mere joke?

The prophets were not muslims. They were Jews. And Jews can never be muslim. Jews hate Islam with passion. Infact quran urge muslims to kill them.

SO they are not muslims.

1 Like

Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by hotwax: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2014

That's just my opinion.

Muslims dont want the world to know this.

Quran was drafted from Torah. I respect quran because its an echo of God's words. But God doesnt need to repeat what he has already spoken.

1 Like

Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by lorRhyMeZ: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
Suprisingly no Muslim has even replied any of d comments above mine...Allahu Akbar! Pls my Muslims Brothers and Sisters,I urge u to ignore these people,no matter how compelled u feel to reply and b dragged into blasphemy..

Juma'at Kareem.

5 Likes

Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by experimentist: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
victorazy:

If ur thinking so bro, ur making a very big mistake "Allah is diff from God" you can find that in the characters of their warshipers, one is gentle but the other is mad.
ok
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
hotwax:

You got to be kidding me. Or is that bolded a mere joke?

The prophets were not muslims. They were Jews. And Jews can never be muslim. Jews hate Islam with passion. Infact quran urge muslims to kill them.

SO they are not muslims.

It is not recorded in any form - art, music, folklore, wall/pyramid murals that Israelites were enslaved in Egypt at the biblically stated period.
Re: Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh by HarrveySpecter(m): 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
lorRhyMeZ: Suprisingly no Muslim has even replied any of d comments above mine...Allahu Akbar! Pls my Muslims Brothers and Sisters,I urge u to ignore these people,no matter how compelled u feel to reply and b dragged into blasphemy..
Juma'at Kareem.
That's the best thing to do. I just wonder where the mods are?

Juma'a mubarak

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The "Fingerprints" Of GOD / Nigerian Pilgrim Falls To Death In Saudi-Arabia / Guide On How To Slaughter Your Ram On Eid Il Adha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.