Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

NERC Recruitment: What's the update? - Jobs/Vacancies (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NERC Recruitment: What's the update? (205027 Views)

Nigerdock Recruitment: What is the Latest? / NNPC RECRUITMENT. What Happens Now? / NERC Massive Recruitment 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
@Davidt001: Wow. This is good news if true. This shows that the HQ recruitment will also soon be settled. I pray so. How recent were the zonal letters issued? This week or last week? Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Davidt001: 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
this week
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
@brosiye99, the information is true, i heard the same but the house is quite on the issue, does that mean nobody gets called? NO i doubt it, those successful kindly share, particularly any info as regards the HQ.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
@GMB4Real and Davidt001: Are you for the HQ recruitment? Also did the zonal candidates do the second interview at the HQ after the one with the consultants? I am for the HQ recruitment and waiting to hear if anyone has been called for second interview or if the second interview won't hold for the HQ recruitment. I know some peeps here have gotten letter for the zonal and are quiet about it. Please let's share info. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
@brosiye99, i am 4 d HQ. The zonal candidates did d 2nd interview wit NERC after the 1st one wit Restral, that interview took place b4 d HQ's 1st interview wit Restral. I dont know & dont think either wether 2nd interview 4 d HQ has been called.

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 8:44am On Apr 11, 2015
@GMB4real: thanks for the heads up. Congrats to the successful or should I say new NERC zonal staff. We await the conclusion of the HQ process soon enough with or without the second interview. Best wishes to all.

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Yusufi(m): 8:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hi peeps. I hav it on good authority that some zonal prospects rcvd letters up until last wk thurs (3 dayz back). It is probable dat letters re being issued out in batches. Lets remain hopeful
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by dano123: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Yusufi:
Hi peeps. I hav it on good authority that some zonal prospects rcvd letters up until last wk thurs (3 dayz back). It is probable dat letters re being issued out in batches. Lets remain hopeful

@yusufi, long time. Hw was d elections?. Pls whats d probability dat letters will be issued in batches?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Yusufi(m): 5:12am On Apr 13, 2015
dano123:

@yusufi, long time. Hw was d elections?. Pls whats d probability dat letters will be issued in batches?

It is certain dat letters are being issued in batches because reports hav it dat letters began being issued abt a couple of wks bk and a close aly confirmed to hav rcvd his this past thurs.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by dano123: 5:59am On Apr 13, 2015
Yusufi:

It is certain dat letters are being issued in batches because reports hav it dat letters began being issued abt a couple of wks bk and a close aly confirmed to hav rcvd his this past thurs.

thanks. Wishing all expecting candidates the best.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 4:52am On Apr 14, 2015
HOME / COVER STORIES / NEWS / BUHARI CAN CANCEL POWER PRIVATISATION – NERC BOSS
sam-amadi-nerc1

Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – NERC Boss
By Juliet Alohan
— Apr 13, 2015 | 17 Comments
The chairman, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Dr Sam Amadi, has said that there is the possibility that the incoming government of General Muhammadu Buhari can undo the privatisation of the power sector.

Amadi who stated this during an interview in his office in Abuja, in response to the question whether such was possible, said: “Everything is possible; there’s no impossibility with government to, through due process or through extra-legal actions, reverse any policy or decision.”

The NERC chairman explained that a government that comes into power has a responsibility for making policies, in which regard, it can change existing policy, review existing policy or vigorously pursue existing policy.

Amadi further explained that every government is at liberty to decide what should be its dominant economic philosophy; he. However, added that whatever philosophy adopted will definitely have a trickle-down effect on other policy areas, especially a sector as significant as power.

He said: “To undo privatisation could mean using the existing framework to rewind; for example, there are clauses in the agreements signed by the Distribution Companies (Discos) who bought the assets, of things that could happen in which they can pull out if they are no longer satisfied, or which government can pull out with cost.

“So from a legal point of view, there’s due process for undoing. The other one is extra-legal, maybe, some kind of nationalization; it’s still theoretically possible in today’s world for government to nationalize privately owned assets.”

However, Amadi noted that such decisions may be followed by consequences some of which can be financial or legal, with some possibly having serious fundamental impact on the economy and social wellbeing.

Speaking further, Amadi maintained that from his understanding of the two major political parties, their policies are line with the framework of the national electric power policy issued in 2,000 by the PDP-led government which is clearly premised on privatisation and securing the financial viability of the sector as a way of improving power supply by sustaining investments.

“The national electric power policy is a sound policy but can be reviewed; that will mean there are certain things we didn’t factor. Year 2,000 to date is over a decade, so there are new insights as to how things should work. We have seen how institutions work or fail to work and this means that there’s nothing wrong in government reviewing the reform process in terms of going back to the founding documents and doing some forensic.

“Find out what policies have been completed, what are we learning from the already undertaken process? How do we make the process better and what should we not undertake? It’s not just about undoing privatisation because privatisation in itself is not a problem,” he said.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Davidt001: 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
kunleezra:
HOME / COVER STORIES / NEWS / BUHARI CAN CANCEL POWER PRIVATISATION – NERC BOSS
sam-amadi-nerc1

Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – NERC Boss
By Juliet Alohan
— Apr 13, 2015 | 17 Comments
The chairman, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Dr Sam Amadi, has said that there is the possibility that the incoming government of General Muhammadu Buhari can undo the privatisation of the power sector.

Amadi who stated this during an interview in his office in Abuja, in response to the question whether such was possible, said: “Everything is possible; there’s no impossibility with government to, through due process or through extra-legal actions, reverse any policy or decision.”

The NERC chairman explained that a government that comes into power has a responsibility for making policies, in which regard, it can change existing policy, review existing policy or vigorously pursue existing policy.

Amadi further explained that every government is at liberty to decide what should be its dominant economic philosophy; he. However, added that whatever philosophy adopted will definitely have a trickle-down effect on other policy areas, especially a sector as significant as power.

He said: “To undo privatisation could mean using the existing framework to rewind; for example, there are clauses in the agreements signed by the Distribution Companies (Discos) who bought the assets, of things that could happen in which they can pull out if they are no longer satisfied, or which government can pull out with cost.

“So from a legal point of view, there’s due process for undoing. The other one is extra-legal, maybe, some kind of nationalization; it’s still theoretically possible in today’s world for government to nationalize privately owned assets.”

However, Amadi noted that such decisions may be followed by consequences some of which can be financial or legal, with some possibly having serious fundamental impact on the economy and social wellbeing.

Speaking further, Amadi maintained that from his understanding of the two major political parties, their policies are line with the framework of the national electric power policy issued in 2,000 by the PDP-led government which is clearly premised on privatisation and securing the financial viability of the sector as a way of improving power supply by sustaining investments.

“The national electric power policy is a sound policy but can be reviewed; that will mean there are certain things we didn’t factor. Year 2,000 to date is over a decade, so there are new insights as to how things should work. We have seen how institutions work or fail to work and this means that there’s nothing wrong in government reviewing the reform process in terms of going back to the founding documents and doing some forensic.

“Find out what policies have been completed, what are we learning from the already undertaken process? How do we make the process better and what should we not undertake? It’s not just about undoing privatisation because privatisation in itself is not a problem,” he said.

this has since been debunked by Sam Amadi as quoted out of context.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 7:16am On Apr 21, 2015
5 more weeks to the end of this administration. Is there any hope that the Management of NERC will conclude the HQ interview and final recruitment before handover? I will like it to be concluded before handover so that the new political appointees(senators,ministers,reps) won't come and put pressure on NERC for their candidates.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by starfox(m): 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
Zonal Candidates, any update? make una talk now.......
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by dano123: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
starfox:
Zonal Candidates, any update? make una talk now.......
Some guys have collected their appointment letters since, but someone here in nairaland said dat he believe the letters will be issued in batches.
Is there any update on Headoffice recruitment and forum office?

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by opuama(f): 8:09am On Apr 26, 2015
Thank God I have gotten a job far better than NERC. Did one recruitment for 2yrs plus and still yet to conclude it.

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Congratulations
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
@opuama , what position did you apply for in NERC?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
@Opuama: Congrats. Now you don't need to worry on NERC and their delay. Wish all expectant peeps the best with NERC or any other place.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 10:32am On Apr 28, 2015
I expected much from Dr.Sam Amadi than this
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 2:23am On Apr 29, 2015
@Kunleezra , what exactly are you expecting from Dr Sam Amadi. For those Zonal Applicants who are still curious, i would suggest they try and contact some of these mobile numbers displayed alongside the Zonal office addresses earlier posted in this thread. Perhaps, there could be useful first-hand info there......
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by opuama(f): 11:27am On Apr 30, 2015
teekay77:
@opuama , what position did you apply for in NERC?
Secretary

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
@Opuama , then you must probably at some oil companies, CBN or NNPC since you stated that you've got a better job than NERC....... Congrats again!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 12:26pm On May 01, 2015
The delay by National Assembly in passing the 2015 budget was a major factor..... Since this was finally passed last week, i believe we should expect some news from NERC sooner than thought (my opinion anyway)
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Furrylow: 3:19pm On May 01, 2015
teekay77:
The delay by National Assembly in passing the 2015 budget was a major factor..... Since this was finally passed last week, i believe we should expect some news from NERC sooner than thought (my opinion anyway)
Not so sure about dat ma bro, NERC is a revenue generating agecy hence it pays its staff and runs itself from within. Dere is only 1 item contained under the proposed min of power budget for 2015 for NERC, cant remember the sub head n its jst about N200 mill. Annual budget 4 Nerc. Shld b 6-7.5 billion less capital. Budget definitely not the issue here. Lets hope 4 d best. Cheers
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 7:20pm On May 01, 2015
@Furrylow , thanks for that!. Of course NERC is a revenue-generating agency but they still receive subventions from the Federal Government. If you visit the NERC website check ''About'' page and find out that although NERC is generating revenue, the Federal Government still fund it and that sometime in the nearest future NERC would be FULLY independent of the Federal Government in terms of revenue generation. You would agree with me that at every point in time when NERC is having its recruitment money is involved in the whole logistics......
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by FESTAC101: 7:32pm On May 01, 2015
Zonal recruitment has been concluded.You can contact NERC HR on 094621417 for more information.

Regards
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 1:22pm On May 12, 2015
With the new government coming in by may 29th there will be an intense focus on the electricity sector\industry. I wonder how that will impact on NERC operations as a whole. Some newspapers are reporting that the Buhari government wants to use the Lagos model for electricity generation,distribution and transmission. This may bring a radical paradigm shift in NERC as the regulator. Anyways, we are waiting for the conclusion of the HQ recruitment. I hope the change in government won't scuttle the current recruitment process.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by u3fine(m): 11:03am On May 13, 2015
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by hayzed31: 8:15pm On May 13, 2015
u3fine:
https://www.nairaland.com/2311320/nigerian-electricity-regulatory-commission-just

I guess this should be for the zonal recruitment. HQ recruitment still on! I am optimistic
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 11:48am On May 14, 2015
@u3fine , you are most likely correct
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 3:42pm On May 14, 2015
@teekay77: Do you reckon they won't take any positions for the HQ recruitment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply)

Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Currently Recruiting / Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 / Nigerian Navy Recruiting Graduates!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.