Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? (42936 Views)

Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) / Eating Mango After Drinking Fanta Or Coke, Is It Dangerous? / I Eat Dry Gari Everyday. Is This Healthy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by seuen: 12:58pm On Apr 03, 2008
I've been warned on several occassions never to soak Garium Sulphate after eating Mango and I'm yet to find out what consequences there are in doing so. Has anybody done this before? If so, what were the side effects?
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by TOYOSI20(f): 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2008
I heard the same too when i was younger, I guess they just don't go well with the digestive system. shocked
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by eniyan(m): 9:44am On Apr 04, 2008
I've heard this myth too when I was younger. But now that I am older, I think there is nothing wrong eating such at the same time. cool But rather it sounds unusual to eat such.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by tglaz(m): 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2008
I tried it before and I m still alive as you can read.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Ladytemi(f): 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2008
I've heard alot about this myth but can anyone provide proof( a person who actually died from eating Gari and Mango in one sitting).

1 Like

Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by CURIOUST(m): 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2008
Do you think any combination of any sort of food or fruit is dangerous. , Who or which doctors or dietician decides which combination is good or bad?
, until i see or hear someone die of eating something which is edible and proved by autopsy, no way would i believe any food is poisonous.

1 Like

Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2008
I've been warned on several occassions never to soak Garium Sulphate after eating Mango and I'm yet to find out what consequences there are in doing so. Has anybody done this before? If so, what were the side effects?

yea yea,everybody has heard about dis myth,but there is a kinda misunderstanding somehow,drinking garri after eating mango is not dangerous,wat is dangerous is putting SUGAR in that garri and drinking it,after eating mango
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by NaJaHaJe(f): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2008
am really curious. . . . . . so who is ready to be a scapegoat?

Poster-Man, I think it should be you since you brought this topic up. what do you think? wink wink grin grin grin
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Viante(f): 8:05pm On Apr 15, 2008
I know people who have tried it, nothing happened except an upset stomach

thats what will happen to you, constant visits to the White house
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Druss(m): 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2009
is this for real - am interested in finding out!!
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by iniguy(m): 7:34am On Jun 30, 2009
First time i hearing this! I know of Coke + mango = deadly combination grin
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by afix(m): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2009
Well it is just a myth and indeed the one i take as the real story is that story that stated clearly that after those school children take the mango,the gari which they take next was in short containing poison.HOW CAN ONE FORM OF SUGAR(RIPE MANGO) + carbohydrate(gari)=dead OR TATARIC ACID(UNRIPE MANGO)+cabohydrate(gari)=INSTANT DEAD
THIS IS INDEED A MYTH
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by dominique(f): 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2009
it might be a myth but that doesnt mean it doesnt have some devastating effects.i've unknowingly tried it before; ate eba then mango shortly after. i had a terrible indigestion all night. . .thought i was actually going to die embarassed sad
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by nairafan: 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2009
iniguy

Please elaborate about coke n mango being a deadly combo.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by DoubleN(m): 8:08am On Jul 01, 2009
jennykadry:

yea yea,everybody has heard about dis myth,but there is a kinda misunderstanding somehow,drinking garri after eating mango is not dangerous,wat is dangerous is putting SUGAR in that garri and drinking it,after eating mango
[
Do you know anybody that died after eating that combo?
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Druss(m): 8:23am On Jul 01, 2009
dominique - you sure that wasnt caused mentally?
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 01, 2009
Topic.

Research [b]has not [/b]stated it wrong.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Gekko(m): 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
Wow! listen to grown men and women still believing in concocted myths.  In America ive seen people eat the most absurd combination of foods and people don't die from it, for instance Pineapple+ HAM+ Mozzarella cheese-tomato sauce+ bread consumed all in one sitting.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Gabry(f): 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2009
gari and Mango? YUCK! Thats disgusting.

Recently on the news theres a family whom ate Prawns and aftr that they had Mango for dessert and they all got a bad reaction to it./ 2 days before my family did the same thing cause we were unaware of the news and nothing happened to us. Than the following day I just read the news about it. The outdated news that is
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by olaleye101: 2:13am On Jul 03, 2009
its UNTRUE>>, heard it when i was young and i tried it immediately due to the way i was back in the days (very naughty), am still alive and kicking
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Naturez(m): 3:10am On Jul 03, 2009
Na wa oooo! Why we naija too dey fear death or sickness? Meanwhile, we dey among the disease carrying country in Africa. That thing no dey shake anybody,if anyone takes it and fell sick its coincident. I have done it several times when still kid,in fact i went to the extent of using mango juice (mango water) drink garri sef but, man pikin never die.

Its not good though hygienically,but black man no dey shake with such little mixture. What about people wey dey take over dose concussion of agbo,jedi etc?

You wey dey find scape goat,no try am o at your age now, because that compartment wey dey prevent young black man getting affected from such things go don weak for una body oo (I sure say you go don dis-virgin almost 100x) grin

Enjoy!!!

1 Like

Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Fhemmmy: 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2009
too acidic.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by nature262(m): 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2009
What about coke n mango has anyone also tried that
lab rat needed
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by davidif: 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2009
I used to hear the same thing.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by mamagee3(f): 12:05am On Jul 08, 2009
What the heck. shocked
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Naturez(m): 12:16am On Jul 09, 2009
nature262:

What about coke n mango has anyone also tried that
lab rat needed
You can volunteer yourself as the lab rat. Try it and let us hear the result. We'll gladly welcome your result Mr Nature262 grin
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by nature262(m): 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2009
Lol
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by nature262(m): 7:33pm On Jul 15, 2009
Lol., wud av but i dont eat mango u try , If the result is true find a way to post b4 u exit
at least do it for name sake cool
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by MrCrackles(m): 7:40pm On Jul 15, 2009
Nigeria and stupid myths! angry

But wait a minute? why eat mango after garri?

No wonder ya'all have kwashiorkor and Co.!

Pssf
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Naturez(m): 8:53am On Jul 16, 2009
nature262:

Lol., wud av but i dont eat mango u try , If the result is true find a way to post b4 u exit
at least do it for name sake cool

You brought the idea my dear friend. We are still waiting your response about the result.
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by Naturez(m): 8:56am On Jul 16, 2009
MrCrackles:

Nigeria and stupid myths! angry

But wait a minute? why eat mango after garri?

No wonder ya'all have kwashiorkor and Co.!

Pssf

Kai shut up there aje-butter! We all know its not good but was that was causes kwashiokor?
Re: Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous? by nature262(m): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ok i recently meet somone who tried it and the result: No Shaking. But if u try it u ar on ur own

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC / Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria / Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.