Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri (42968 Views)

How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) / Spiced Kulikuli Available In Wholesale And Retail / Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Olusharp(m): 1:04am On Apr 08, 2018
For an average Nigerian and some citizens of some West African countries,

”there is nothing more satisfying like getting home on a hot afternoon to meet Garri (Cassava flakes), chill water, Sugar (may be) and some rolls of Kulikuli.”[url][/url]

Kulikuli is one favourite snack (though many don’t know it is a snack) in Nigeria and some West African countries.

Below are some West African countries where KuliKuli is popular, they include Nigeria, Northern Cameroon, Ghana and Benin.

The snacks come in different sizes and shapes.

With the amazing feature been it Cheapness which is why it is loved by most people living an average life.

And even those who are well to do.

Apart from been taken with Garri, Kulikuli can be taken with koko, fura, kamu; and is sometimes put in salad, although in a grounded form.

Another unique feature of Kulikuli is the ways it sounds in the mouth.

That action which ths teeth undergoes why grounding it is interesting.

It is available in virtually all markets in Nigeria.

Despite it origin been traced to Northern part of Nigeria, it had become one snack that is consumed by all and sundries.

However, many of us eat Kulikuli without understing some facts about it.

Below are some top facts about Kulikuli:

1. Kulikuli is made from peanuts or groundnut.

This means whenever you are eating Kulikuli, you are indirectly eating groundnut.

The groundnuts are grounded into paste known as Labu.

2. It is a major ingredients (when grounded) in the preparation of Kilishi and Suya.

3. It contains salt, spice and at times ground pepper.

4. It is fried with groundnut oil.

In most cases, the oil gotten from groundnut are used for frying.

An advise to sellers and makers of Kulikuli, this snack needs to be rebranded and packaged so that it can go beyond Africa.

https://thrillngr.com/2018/04/07/kulikuli-check-out-mindbowing-facts-about-the-popular-snack-found-in-west-africa/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by chukxie(m): 6:03am On Apr 08, 2018
I used to eat lots of kulikuli back in the days when I was living in Bonny Camp. There was this Hausa lady in our barracks who used to make it. Have it while hot and you'd be addicted!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Olusharp(m): 6:28am On Apr 08, 2018
chukxie:
I used to eat lots of kulikuli back in the days when I was living in Bonny Camp. There was this Hausa lady in our barracks who used to make it. Have it while hot and you'd be addicted!
should I say you were the chairman of Kulikuli eaters then? cheesy

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 7:00am On Apr 08, 2018
OP, can you please list the steps to making it. I think I need to start the "packaging"
Tired of 8-5 undecided undecided undecided

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Mustack: 7:25am On Apr 08, 2018
nice one... this are the things we red to see on FP not teddy and bambam sh*t

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by oyatmicah(m): 7:25am On Apr 08, 2018
i will create another Nairaland account if this kulikuli topic should make front page.
but wait OP, whats ur definition of "snack"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 08, 2018
i love kulikuli too...

1 Like

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by chukxie(m): 9:00am On Apr 08, 2018
Olusharp:
should I say you were the chairman of Kulikuli eaters then? cheesy

You wouldn't be far from the truth, bro. Because of kulikuli people would 'dodge' each time I broke wind grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by naturalwaves: 9:45am On Apr 08, 2018
Olusharp:
For an average Nigerian and some citizens of some West African countries,

”there is nothing more satisfying like getting home on a hot afternoon to meet Garri (Cassava flakes), chill water, Sugar (may be) and some rolls of Kulikuli.”[url][/url]

Kulikuli is one favourite snack (though many don’t know it is a snack) in Nigeria and some West African countries.

Below are some West African countries where KuliKuli is popular, they include Nigeria, Northern Cameroon, Ghana and Benin.

The snacks come in different sizes and shapes.

With the amazing feature been it Cheapness which is why it is loved by most people leaving an average life.

And even those who are well to do.

Apart from been taken with Garri, Kulikuli can be taken with koko, fura, kamu; and is sometimes put in salad, although in a grounded form.

Another unique feature of Kulikuli is the ways it sounds in the mouth.

That action which ths teeth undergoes why grounding it is interesting.

It is available in virtually all markets in Nigeria.

Despite it origin been traced to Northern part of Nigeria, it had become one snack that is consumed by all and sundries.

However, many of us eat Kulikuli without understing some facts about it.

Below are some top facts about Kulikuli:

1. Kulikuli is made from peanuts or groundnut.

This means whenever you are eating Kulikuli, you are indirectly eating groundnut.

The groundnuts are grounded into paste known as Labu.

2. It is a major ingredients (when grounded) in the preparation of Kilishi and Suya.

3. It contains salt, spice and at times ground pepper.

4. It is fried with groundnut oil.

In most cases, the oil gotten from groundnut are used for frying.

An advise to sellers and makers of Kulikuli, this snack needs to be rebranded and packaged so that it can go beyond Africa.

https://thrillngr.com/2018/04/07/kulikuli-check-out-mindbowing-facts-about-the-popular-snack-found-in-west-africa/
This write-up is very terrible OP. Try and always make someone proof read your write-ups before publishing them. If a primary 6 pupils writes this, such child deserves being flogged talkless of an adult that blogs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by kentochi(m): 10:40am On Apr 08, 2018
I used to eat it back in school
Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by olasaad(f): 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
Kulikuli issa bae

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Obinoscopy(m): 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
oyatmicah:
i will create another Nairaland account if this kulikuli topic should make front page.
Why? Are you saying this thread isn't front-page worthy?

1 Like

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Ifylicious: 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2018
Here is the packaged kulikuli

38 Likes

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Olusharp(m): 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
naturalwaves:

This write-up is very terrible OP. Try and always make someone proof read your write-ups before publishing them. If a primary 6 pupils writes this, such child deserves being flogged talkless of an adult that blogs.
Bro I admit my errors but can you show me one thing you have ever written in your life?

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Olusharp(m): 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
oyatmicah:
A snack is a portion of food, smaller than a regular meal, generally eaten between meals. Read more https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snack

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by naturalwaves: 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
Olusharp:

Bro I admit my errors but can you show me one thing you have ever written in your life?
Is this how you admit your errors? There is no short cut to success my dear. It takes efforts.

1 Like

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Samsimple(m): 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
Kulikuli and garri saving lives since 1928...

1 Like

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by maduxs: 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
Ok
Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by TurboWorld(m): 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2018
Take it with very chilled garri. Yumyum

1 Like

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Pavore9: 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2018
Was addicted to it! cheesy
Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Tanmusparties: 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2018
according to Samvita advert tongue hmmmmmmmn yum yum

www.facebook.com/kiddiesparadise.ng
For all your kids party supplies

2 Likes

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Amirullaha(m): 7:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
Chess balls type are the best...
Tho the makers don't like that type as it usually consume more groundnut oil...
Very yummy...
Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by psychologist(m): 7:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
Can I ever forget kulikuli alata? Mbanu that's not possible

Growing up in the north was sweet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by snowden9(m): 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
Seriously though, this indomie generation children won't really know the love we had for kuli kuli those days. I remember then when if a neighbor or family member puts to bed, we always anticipate to go to their home to lick nzu, pack enough kuli kuli to eat and rub white powder on our face and body.
Damn. Those were the days. The good old days.
We need to turn back this clock.

11 Likes

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Offpoint: 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
Greatest discovery of all time... Government should set aside a day for it celebration. Like 'World Kulikuli Celebration Day'
even the name's so sweet the discoverer had to name it twice 'Kuli--kuli'.

As a Chairman Association of Gari Drinkers(AGD) I dedicate this page to Gari/Kwilikwili'

I demand that everyone reading this post should please in a standing ovation mode give some honour to Gari and kwili, the life-saver.
Gari unarguably is the greatest discovery of all time, the greatest lifesaver.
Imagine how many Nigeria students would have died without this great discovery. The man that discovered Gari deserves to be celebrated. Beans and bread saved thousands, but the almighty Gari saved millions. In times of difficulties Gari stood by me, when I had nothing it stood by me, when indomie, salad, rice and co looked down on me- Gari was there for me. It time management is out of this world 'cuz within a twinkle of an eye... it's ready for consumption, without you Gari: the numbers of dropped out students in Nigeria would had/have increase(d) drastically. Oh, Gari! my beautiful Gari... imagine the world without you!... I celebrate you.... your loyally fans. Thank you Gari, Thank you kuli-kuki. I don't know how long you guys have been in existence, but one thing I know for sure is... you guys and your cousin's groundnut had been some hell of faithful and loyal servants. Salute!!!

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
They said aboki uses armpit to roll it sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by nnokwa042(m): 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2018
I use to like kulikuli before I learnt that northern women kulikuli seller's use to roll kukikuli on their laps to make it long like cigar since then I stopped

6 Likes

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by NLEFCC(m): 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2018
I bought loads of kulikuli in Lokoja on my way from Abj to Delta state...Kept it on the passengers sit...Policemen left paper they were suppose to check, preferred to beg kulikuli. I was happy to give them since my licence had expired.

Moral lesson if you want to beat Naija police just by plenty Kulikuli...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by samuelchimmy(m): 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2018
I stopped eating, when they said they used spittle to roll them

2 Likes

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2018
Stopped eating after I saw a dirty Hausa lady rolling the long type kulikuli on her lap while covered on groundnut oil

2 Likes

Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by MiamiePizza(m): 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
Kulikuli and Garri...saving lives on Nigeria students since 60s grin
Re: Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
Awww, Kulikuli is my best fruit.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria / Eating Mango After Drinking Fanta Or Coke, Is It Dangerous? / Show Us Your Easter Cooking And Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.