Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) (34727 Views)

5 Fascinating Reasons You Should Drink Cucumber Water Everyday / A Mango With Human Face Seen In Nasarawa State (Photo) / Eating Mango After Drinking Fanta Or Coke, Is It Dangerous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by wazobiaforu(m): 7:39am On May 11, 2015
If you go to any market this days, you will realized the fruit that that dominate now is Mango, #ItsMangoSeason

Health Benefits of Mangos

1. Prevents Cancer:

Research has shown antioxidant compounds in mango fruit have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. These compounds include quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat, as well as the abundant enzymes.

2. Lowers Cholesterol:

The high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C help to lower serum cholesterol levels, specifically Low-Density Lipoprotein (the bad stuff)

3.High iron for women:

Mango is rich in iron, hence it is a great natural solution for people suffering from anemia. Menopausal and pregnant women can indulge in mangoes as this will increase their iron levels and calcium at the same time.

4. Eye Health:

One cup of sliced mangoes supplies 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.

5. Alkalizes the Whole Body:

The tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid found in the fruit help to maintain the alkali reserve of the body.

6. Helps in Diabetes:

Mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood. The traditional home remedy involves boiling leaves in water, soaking through the night and then consuming the filtered decoction in the morning. Mango fruit also have a relatively low glycemic index (41-60) so moderate quantities will not spike your sugar levels.

7. Improved Sex:

Mangos are a great source of vitamin E. Even though the popular connection between sex drive and vitamin E was originally created by a mistaken generalization on rat studies, further research has shown balanced proper amounts (as from whole food) does help in this area.

8. Improves Digestion:

Papayas are not the only fruit that contain enzymes for breaking down protein. There are several fruits, including mangoes, which have this healthful quality. The fiber in mangos also helps digestion and elimination.

9. Remedy for Heat Stroke

Juicing the fruit from green mango and mixing with water and a sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm to the body. From an ayurvedic viewpoint, the reason people often get diuretic and exhausted when visiting equatorial climates is because the strong “sun energy” is burning up your body, particularly the muscles. The kidneys then become overloaded with the toxins from this process.

10. Boosts Immune system

The generous amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A in mangos, plus 25 different kinds of carotenoids keep your immune system healthy and strong.

11. Weight loss:

Mango has a lot of vitamins and nutrients that help the body feel fuller. Also, the fibrous fruit boosts the digestive function of the body by burning additional calories, helping in weight loss.

13. Aids concentration and memory:

Studying for exams? This fruit is rich in glutamine acid– an important protein for concentration and memory. Feed mangoes to children who find it difficult to concentrate on studies.

14. Skin cleanser:

Mangoes help you unclog your pores and add freshness to the face. Mangoes are applicable to any skin type. They help clear clogged pores that cause acne. Just slice a mango into thin pieces and keep them on your face for 10 to 15 minutes and then take bath or wash your face and see the results.

15. Great Conditioner:

Mango can be used in preparing a home-made conditioner. For this purpose, mix mango pulp with a spoonful of yogurt and two egg yellows. Apply this on your hair and leave for 30 minutes. This will condition your hair by making them soft and manageable.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/17-reasons-why-you-need-a-mango-every-day/

Cc:lalasticlala cc:ishilove

Like if you Appreciate the information

57 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by aristocrazzy: 8:04am On May 11, 2015
wink grin cheesy My season has arrived - Rainy Season.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by DollyParton1(f): 8:17am On May 11, 2015
I eat like 10 mangoes a day, and I end up living in the loo for the rest of the day. BUT, I still love my mangoes.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by bolod(m): 8:17am On May 11, 2015
Kt

1 Like

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by haibe(m): 8:17am On May 11, 2015
Mongoro grin

41 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Nairalane: 8:17am On May 11, 2015
Mango Is For Men While Womango Is For The Women, I Schooled In France. Its Just A Joke Jare

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by boxypane(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2015
Its time for Agricultural revolution. Food stuff like dis should nt b seasonal.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Bisjosh(f): 8:18am On May 11, 2015
I prefer the one I can slice not the soft ones

16 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Mammangaddafi(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2015
Oh my God. When am I going to be the FTC...
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by IamOpemipo(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2015
I only see num 7 advantage..

*can I av a sack of mango pls?

5 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by haibe(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2015
bolod:
Kt
what is kt you this guy angry

2 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Abimloaded(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2015
favourite!!!
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by yurme(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2015
Ion jst lyk it dunno y
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Nobody: 8:18am On May 11, 2015
I hate that fruit like werey

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by haibe(m): 8:19am On May 11, 2015
But mango dey purge person sha angry
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Affable0709(m): 8:19am On May 11, 2015
And the mangos here finished in February undecided
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by sheguy(m): 8:19am On May 11, 2015
Nice one.
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by haibe(m): 8:19am On May 11, 2015
booqee:
so you be werey? shocked

10 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Nobody: 8:20am On May 11, 2015
Mango season comes with flies.

5 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by lonelydora: 8:20am On May 11, 2015
DollyParton1:
I eat like 10 mangoes a day, and I end up living in the loo for the rest of the day. BUT, I still love my mangoes.
Only 10? A times I lost count of how many I have eaten. My favorite is the longitudinal one they call "Number 1" or "Opioro mango" with green back.

Nairalane:
Mango Is For Men While Womango Is For The Women, I Schooled In France
Funny you. Lol.

6 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by trigar12(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2015
That fruit dat attracts flies, with those yellowish stuff ...... Am not a fan, gimme hundred AGBALUMO and watch me dismantle it
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Nairalane: 8:20am On May 11, 2015
booqee:
Try Womango Then

2 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2015
Love it,especially the one without all those ropes inside.
As kids,we used to mobilise to the plantation where we would get filled for lunch.

The ones we buy in the cities are either artificially ripened or as useless as the ones we used as football in the late 70s

6 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:20am On May 11, 2015
DollyParton1:
Moderation is the key babe!

3 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by SAMBARRY: 8:21am On May 11, 2015
I see

1 Like

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:21am On May 11, 2015
I eat it four days a week
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Babysho(m): 8:22am On May 11, 2015
Gta V!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,sorry...wrong thread
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by akpanikpe(m): 8:22am On May 11, 2015
Mammangaddafi:
Oh my God. When am I going to be the FTC...
When another mango season returns. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by realest247(m): 8:22am On May 11, 2015
I'll Keep Eating Mango everyday from this Day. grin
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by kingarizona1(m): 8:22am On May 11, 2015
Option 7 thou..... Grab My ATM, off to the market....

6 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by SuperSuave(m): 8:22am On May 11, 2015
I like the ones they call "Kerosene Mango" others swerve»»»»»»»

4 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by LMAyedun(m): 8:22am On May 11, 2015
Nairalane:
Mango Is For Men While Womango Is For The Women, I Schooled In France
Dry!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Food You Like / Hilda Baci Was Dancing And Cooking (Video) / Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.