Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Redacted - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Redacted (8399 Views)

President Umaru Yar´adua Is Dead! (False Rumor Redacted By Source) / Umaru Yaradua, The President Of Nigeria Is Dead (False Rumor Redacted By Source) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redacted by driand(m): 10:53am On Apr 07, 2013
confusion247:
Islam is a religion of peace and groups like boko haram, alqaeda, Al-shabab, jihadist, mujahideen, talibans, hezbollah etc are good apostles of peace.
u sound like ur name....

2 Likes

Re: Redacted by kirian202: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2013
Dats good news for me but dere is only one thing dat dey can't reject which is dere ass being kick by Nigerian army
Re: Redacted by simongonner: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2013
2011 news,we r nw in 2013..moderator u dn high?

2 Likes

Re: Redacted by taharqa: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2013
confusion247:
You are wrong with your baseless post. Even the president of Afghanistan denied the rumor. USA doesn't dialogue with terrorists.
LOL... How many times hv u eva seen me mk 'baseless' Assertns on dis forum. President Kazai himself was in Kuwait just last week to see d Emir of Kuwait so that d Taliban can open their Office in d capital of Kuwait. So which Afgan President denied it? Very senior US officials hv admittd negotiatns with d Taliban b4 their withdraw in 2014. Its no longer a Secret.... By d way, am not PERSONALLY in support of these kinds of 'negotiations' with Extremists, but I wantd to point out to that poster that Matters of State is way more COMPLEX/COMPLICATED than our personal idiosyncracies and preferences wud hv us belief
Re: Redacted by Chibabi(m): 10:54am On Apr 07, 2013
Let dem(Buhari) go to hell den, Gej shud gv odas so d can b wipe out once n for al
Re: Redacted by Laptopbiz(m): 10:54am On Apr 07, 2013
confusion247:
Islam is a religion of peace and groups like boko haram, alqaeda, Al-shabab, jihadist, mujahideen, talibans, hezbollah etc are good apostles of peace.
ur fada...
Re: Redacted by Fesisko(m): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2013
Why on earth should amnesty be granted to these blood sucking demons who derive fullfilment in killing unarmed innocent citizens?one needs to absorb Alemo bitter to digest certain happenings in the country.for christ sake,why can't the fg grant divide this country for good?see as una spoil my mood for inside church.*Vex commot for church,buy dey call my uncle wen dey US to see iF him fit rellocate me*.
Re: Redacted by thepo(m): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2013
I still find this boko boys and our president amazing. This is the only president who cares less about those in the first place should be his greatest concern. Maybe if his son or daughter dies in one of these attacks he would spring to action. His fAmily is not better than those that have been murdered.
Re: Redacted by seunfly: 10:57am On Apr 07, 2013
Re: Redacted by Lovethywilbedon: 10:57am On Apr 07, 2013
KingPradas: [size=14pt]FG should create one state for them, and let them have sharia government. if that what they want. [/size]
something must be roung with your head. with this were do we stop in giving them more states?
Re: Redacted by naija2(f): 10:57am On Apr 07, 2013
Based on the link, this was reported in 2011,u guys should read B4 commenting.
Re: Redacted by naptu2: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2013
1) This is ancient news (Kashim Shettima, governor elect? I remember this article from 2011).

2) Even if Boko Haram rejects the amnesty, the government should ignore the rejection and continue with the programme. I said previously that the core members of boko haram are not interested in amnesty, however, you can weaken the organisation and get valuable intelligence by offering amnesty to weaker elements of boko haram. Remember that MEND also rejected the Niger-Delta amnesty.
Re: Redacted by obicentlis: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2013
Nigeria was designed to fail, how can you convince a blood thirsty fool to accept dialogue where his own version of Islam instruct hIm to kill for Allah. BH has come to stay, North should beta accept it.
I am not pessimistic abt the amnesty but this insurgency is very diverse. If the radIcal islamIsts accepts amnesty, what of Political Boko Haram? What of Criminal Boko haram that hide under BH to carry out its act?

These guys watch CNN , BBC, Aljazeera, etc, they watch abt explosion carried out by related gangs and you think after watching other islamist threats, they will mellow down? Jihad is a global problem and it needs global solution.
Re: Redacted by kingpinwon: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2013
No one can use sharia law here in 9ja.... Killing n bombing won't help nigerians understand what sharia laws mean.., it will only add to the problem. BK aims to islamise 9ja using sharia tin as a constitution which can never work. Yet, some illiterate Muslims will still be arguing dat BK are not Muslims, can't u see them making references to the Quran. Better 9ja divide and let Northern be using the law over there pple... Simple.. GEJ, let there be division asap.. The only fear i have in division is that, there will be a war on lands, not in north alone but west, south and east... Though, we will quickly get ride of it in west, east n south than the northern fools. Sharia state..
Re: Redacted by Abmarshalo(m): 11:00am On Apr 07, 2013
confusion247: Sharia is sweeter than amnesty.

You are a swine. A fool
Re: Redacted by taharqa: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2013
BY THE WAY, THIS 'NEWS' IS 2011, NOT 2013. Smtin must be wrong with d MOD that brought it to FP...although, I fully expect d CORE BH Extremists to reject d 'Amnesty' offer wheneva it is eventuali presently. The President and his Security team know that. That's one of d reasons why d Smart ones know that d recent move by d Govt is part of d GAME to be usd to furda obliterate d CORE BH and dier few Northern Sympathizers. It WUD NEVER WORK
Re: Redacted by onatisi(m): 11:01am On Apr 07, 2013
wetting go make Nigerians happy sef , when he was using force ppl came here to say that the army or military solution wont solve the problem that he should dialogue with them , even the former pdp bot chairman obj said the same thing , now he is offering them ammesty and yet ppl are saying that he is wrong , ok can someone pls give me a solution to boko haram here ? i will like to hear from Nigerians how some of here will have tackled this boko haram menace without Nigerians complaining ?na wah for Nigerians
Re: Redacted by lourash(m): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2013
Old news check the date.. confusionist
Re: Redacted by ajayi147(m): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2013
Goodluck u fall my hand,were is baba
Re: Redacted by dabrake(m): 11:04am On Apr 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Mischief makers and enemies of progress at work. The said report and link is dated 2011. How can the moderators move thread to the front page without verifying its authenticity and relevance?
Smh

The report states:

**Boko Haram rejects Amnesty offer 0
May 9, 2011 | 6:15 pm
News

By Ndaihi Marama

"The members of the Yusufiyya sect popularly known as Boko Haram said that they will not accept the amnesty, which the Governor Elect Alhaji Kashim Shettima promised to offer them...."

How can a 2011 report make front page in 2013? Enemies of peace and progress at work. Well done!
idiot! We need your input here. Retardeen's bumbum lickerwww.nairaland.com/1249387/amnesty-boko-haram-wickedness-oritsejafor
Re: Redacted by quest003: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2013
seun, ow many times i cal u? One time. Dis is a very sensitive issue prsntly, remove dis item from the front page without delay.
Re: Redacted by Burger01(m): 11:06am On Apr 07, 2013
confusion247:
Yeah right, good apostles of the 'piss'..... sad
Re: Redacted by confusion247(m): 11:07am On Apr 07, 2013
Noblechyk:
For ur mind. No country in d world dialogue with terrorists more than d U.S. They even make use of terrorists when d need arises. Though I like America, but they are d most corrupt nation on earth. So it's stupid of u start drawing comparisons btw Nigeria & America over an issue u know nothing about. Happy Sunday
Back up your post with facts and figures. USA doesn't dialogue with terrorists. Left for you, USA is having dialogue with alqaeda and hezbollah.h
Re: Redacted by k2039: 11:07am On Apr 07, 2013
kourhage:
How are they apostles of peace? Bombing of churches, killing of uniformed men and women, common grow up if you are not infected you are affected. I lost an Uncle in maiduguri to the sect. Go back to you dictionary and check for the meaning of peace
You couldn't spot sarcasm in his post?.
Re: Redacted by nduchucks: 11:10am On Apr 07, 2013
naptu2: 1) This is ancient news (Kashim Shettima, governor elect? I remember this article from 2011).

2) Even if Boko Haram rejects the amnesty, the government should ignore the rejection and continue with the programme. I said previously that the core members of boko haram are not interested in amnesty, however, you can weaken the organisation and get valuable intelligence by offering amnesty to weaker elements of boko haram. Remember that MEND also rejected the Niger-Delta amnesty.

Thank you for noticing the error as well.

The story is deceptive and is actually 2 years old. I'm sure it was placed on the homepage in error. The same story was reported in May 2011 in Allafrica.com

It should be removed from the Homepage immediately because of the appearance that NL is helping to spread falsehood.
Re: Redacted by xtremeinv(m): 11:15am On Apr 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Mischief makers and enemies of progress at work. The said report and link is dated 2011. How can the moderators move thread to the front page without verifying its authenticity and relevance?
Smh

The report states:

**Boko Haram rejects Amnesty offer 0
May 9, 2011 | 6:15 pm
News

By Ndaihi Marama

"The members of the Yusufiyya sect popularly known as Boko Haram said that they will not accept the amnesty, which the Governor Elect Alhaji Kashim Shettima promised to offer them...."

How can a 2011 report make front page in 2013? Enemies of peace and progress at work. Well done!
BROS YOU TOO MUCH!
NA PEPUL LYK U WE DEY LACK FOR OBODO 9GERIA.
I BEEN TINK SAY NA ONLY ME NOTICE AM.
Oga seun mk U and Ur moderators mind ya sef o!
God put this nairaland idea in Ur head for the good of mankind.
My mama bin tell me say With Great power comes great responsibility.
I rest my case.
Cooourrrt!!!
[X-INV]
Re: Redacted by Ama28(f): 11:15am On Apr 07, 2013
Its even better so you save us all from the stress of this dialogue!
Don't accept what we cannot give!

No amnesty for terrorism in Nigeria, Mr Jonathan should be moving to enact a law that sets hanging as a punishment for terrorism and not paying them!

He who lives by the gun shall die by the gun!
Re: Redacted by Ama28(f): 11:17am On Apr 07, 2013
Thoughts of a Seeker..OF DIALOGUE, CASH BACKED AMNESTY FOR BOKO HARAM and THE REST OF US..I have but a very terse and laconic response to the ethnic jingoists and tribal bigots who against logic permit and argue for a cash backed amnesty regime for the Haramists. I am profusely opposed to this cash backed amnesty gibbersh and tommyrot being bandied by the Northern Elders and the Arewa groups and methinks unreservedly that he is clueless who supports it. Abi terror na business Who compensates the many who lost lives and properties? Who heals the trauma of families dislodged and dislocated? Who pays for the dent on our collective psyche? And who atones for the many injustices dished out to all by the villains? So sad SMH!! Do we think through the anus? Do we fear God? Must we seek to view even the manifestly satanic, devilish and impish from ethnic and primordial prisms? Sad. Amnesty from prosecution is the only permissible chip for dialogue with the Haramists anything more offends the sensibilities of the living and the memories of the dead. Say NO Nigerians to any cash backed amnesty regime for the Haramists. May God teach us the right path to tread. So Mote It Be. Amen.- Dr. ChukwuDumebi Nkemcho Nwaokobia Snr. BB 33175219. Join THE THIRD FORUM the peoples republic on facebook.com/thethirdforum and follow us on twitter.com/thethirdforum . Please re-broadcast and make viral until the sane is done.
Re: Redacted by omiobo: 11:17am On Apr 07, 2013
Ricoluv:
Boko Haram rejects Amnesty offer

The members of the Yusufiyya sect popularly known as Boko Haram said that they will not accept the amnesty, which the Governor Elect Alhaji Kashim Shettima promised to offer them.

The spokesman of the sect who gave his name as Abu Dardam in a BBC Hausa programme monitored in Maiduguri, stressed that their reason of not accepting the amnesty is that they don’t recognise democracy as a form of government.

The group also faulted the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, saying that justice can only be found in the Holy Quran, that is Shariya system of government.

Reacting the Borno state Commissioner of Home Affairs Information and Culture Mr. Hyeladi Inuwa Bwala, appealed to the group to see reason and embrace dialogue with a view to restore lasting peace in Borno state.

He said most wars and crisis in the world were settled mostly through dialogue, and therefore called on the group to see wisdom in the amnesty offer and come to a round table for dialogue.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/boko-haram-rejects-amnesty-offer/

Mod,kai this early morning, you are already on 10th bottle of Odeku.
Re: Redacted by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 07, 2013
MODERATOR PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD BECAUSE THE NEWS IS MISSLEADING.CHECK THE DATE FROM THE SOURCE,THIS CLEARLY SHOWS HOW INEFFICIENT YOU ARE.

MODERATOR PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD BECAUSE THE NEWS IS MISSLEADING.CHECK THE DATE FROM THE SOURCE,THIS CLEARLY SHOWS HOW INEFFICIENT YOU ARE.
Re: Redacted by oniwo(m): 11:19am On Apr 07, 2013
confusion247:

Islam is a religion of peace. It is against any form of Bloodshed and Almighty Allah causes those who killed the fellow human being.
Re: Redacted by Maxymilliano(m): 11:20am On Apr 07, 2013
This is 2011 newsand bear no relevance to the present situation... It will be appropriate if the thread is yanked off the home page.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

11 Emir Palace Guards Killed In Ghastly Auto Accident In Jigawa / Northern Elders’ Forum Didn’t Endorse Atiku, Says Junaid Muhammed / Buhari Wins Adamawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.