Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola (10601 Views)

Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 / A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE / Where Are The Seaport And Airport In Abia State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
After their initial attempt to claim whole sale credit for the project was ABORTED with FACTS, the ACN internet kids have fallen back to talking about "ideas". Incredible! What has played out on this thread is the MOST SILLY debate I'v ever witnessed since joining NL. But trust the insecure and attention seeking ACN internet kids. What wont these insecure ACN internet rats drag? From debating origin of project "ideas", they'll soon degenerate to debating who fouled the air at project site. Fools!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: After their initial attempt to claim whole sale credit for the project was ABORTED with FACTS, the ACN internet kids have fallen back to talking about "ideas". Incredible! What has played out on this thread is the MOST SILLY debate I'v ever witnessed since joining NL. But trust the insecure and attention seeking ACN internet kids. What wont these insecure ACN internet rats drag? From debating origin of project "ideas", they'll soon degenerate to debating who fouled the air at project site. Fools!
INSECURE9IGERIAN WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED ABOUT FASHOLA AND ACN? YOU SHOULD PAY MORE ATTENTION TO GEJ'S PRODIGY IN BAYELSA STATE WHO RECENTY SET UP A COMMITTEE ON RUMOUR MONGERING

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2013
lakhadimar: INSECURE9IGERIAN WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED ABOUT FASHOLA AND ACN? YOU SHOULD PAY MORE ATTENTION TO GEJ'S PRODIGY IN BAYELSA STATE WHO RECENTY SET UP A COMMITTEE ON RUMOUR MONGERING

The guy is simply a clown. He once confessed to living in Enugu and knowing nothing about Lagos yet he is always fermenting mischief over the affairs of Lagos. What kind of individual is that if not an extremely insecure one? What inclination does a normal person have for discussing others 24/7?

I just laugh because fools like Insecure9gerian don't understand that balanced Nairalanders see through them. What interest, for example, should I have in Enugu, Bayelsa, Anambra or Kano affairs let alone be the one here discussing those State obsessively and 24/7? Do I not have the issues of my own State and region to worry about?

Well-adjusted folks focus on landmass they use. This is how the developed world attained the status we laud. You won't find Britons obsessing about the issues of Spain when they are better served seeking solutions for the problems of Britain.It is insecure folks and those suffering from inferiority complex , relating to where they are from, who are obsessed with others. A bit like the man who cannot ever stay in his house with his family and prefer standing over the fence to be observing everything the family next door, not at all interested in him, are doing. Bl00dy Weirdos.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: After their initial attempt to claim whole sale credit for the project was ABORTED with FACTS, the ACN internet kids have fallen back to talking about "ideas". Incredible! What has played out on this thread is the MOST SILLY debate I'v ever witnessed since joining NL. But trust the insecure and attention seeking ACN internet kids. What wont these insecure ACN internet rats drag? From debating origin of project "ideas", they'll soon degenerate to debating who fouled the air at project site. Fools!
I expected you to understand the concept that the said project under construction is as a result of the "idea" generated by the LASG and not your FG but it seems you're too daft to get that. You're simply an unexposed slowpoke that celebrates the crumbs he receives like a well trained dog.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by chino11(m): 12:32am On Apr 09, 2013
Another project joining the list of abandoned projects grin grin

A project without timeline and lack of funding, a project planned in advance to fail. What a clueless people.. cheesy
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 09, 2013
The Lekki seaport will definitely place Lagos as the commercial/economic nerve-center of West Africa. Lagos alone will have 3 commercial seaports.
As for the Lekki airport, its scale may be reduced to a cargo or private jet terminal, due to the on-going expansion of MMIA. Or maybe, there will be enough trafic in Lekki to sustain a full-fledged international airport, since around 70% of the MMIA users live in the Lagos island areas.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 1:39am On Apr 09, 2013
PapaBrowne:

You see, I totally agree with you. Lagos is a place of Grand masterplans!!

The sad reality however is that it's been 14 years and nearly $50 Billion since Tinubu and Fashola started telling us about these grand masterplans and none, I repeat none of these projects have come anywhere near completion.
How can a state like Lagos talk about paucity of funds? What are other states suppose to say?
We have a good number of mini road rehabilitation(I repeat mini)in a lot of places but I can bet you, their value is not anywhere near 1 Billion dollars in all. So what happened to the over $50 billion budgeted by the state over the years.
How come these monies were not used to execute these Grand Masterplans.

Fashola's Budgetary allocation for six years is close to $30 Billion and yet I cannot see one single project in the entire state worth above a 100 million dollars that has been completed. Not one. The only one nearing completion is the Lekki Ikoyi Bridge which will be tolled. Name one please, if I'm wrong.

Interestingly, we are here talking about a project that is still on paper after 5 years of inception and I'm supposed to be excited when the most villified Governor(Uduaghan) in the country didn't leave his own on paper, he actually brought it to fruition.

Lets face the facts here. Fashola is an excellent Governor but his hands are totally tied by Tinubu's Grand Power ambitions. Tinubu never complains of funds when executing a project for himself. Ikeja Mall was built on schedule. Oriental II never stopped construction. The dredging of Eko Atlantic "Estate" continues. Infact the money wasted on the purchase of planes for the moribund First Nation Airways would have comfortably kick started the Airport Construction.

No new BRT lanes six years after!
The 52km Lekki Epe Expressway has taken 10 years and stays incomplete.
Light Rail project: Less than 30% completion.
Fourth Mainland Bridge: Mirage!
Lekki FTZ/Seaport/Airport: Paper

I saw schools Amaechi built in Rivers state the other day and I wondered at Fashola- he has totally ignored education in the state. Same with healthcare. Same with

Still I think Fashola is a great performer. He has laid a solid foundation for Lagos state by building institutions and systems that would outlive generations and he has established certain standards that no new Lagos State Governor would have the courage to fall below. I respect him wella but must ask him the real questions. And I like his answer. Paucity of funds. And that points straight in the direction of Tinubu. Free Fashola from Tinubu and all these projects would have been commissioned before 2011.

Are you not too old to be spewing ignorance on the internet.?

Lagos state budget for 2008 = $2.7 Billion
2009 = $2.7 Billion
2010 = $2.86 Billion
2011 = $2.96 Billion
2012 = $3.2 Billion
2013 = $3.3 Billion

Total = 17.66 Billion

So please tell or show us where your phantom $30 Billion came from?

1. Since you are so fixated on Tinubu and how he's messing with Fashola and development in Lagos, please state exactly how and what Tinubu is doing.

2. Please tell or show us any official document stating that the businesses you mentioned are in anyway related to Tinubu and how they siphon funds from the Lagos state government.

Dozens of projects from bridges to roads power plants, 15 water works, schools, hospitals, libraries, 17 skills acquisition centers, parks, rec centers, orphanages, safe home for abused women, jetties and jetty terminals housing estates have been completed and we've posted them on NL.

I know you are a comedian, but you are also an ignorant goofball.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by mensdept: 2:19am On Apr 09, 2013
What are the other governors doing with all their state allocations?
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 2:27am On Apr 09, 2013
^^^^^^^ Wonderful question..
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 4:23am On Apr 09, 2013
I'd hate to sound tribalistic but why are these visionless critics only from one part of the Country?? From the moment they post, i automotically know where they're from and i'm always right. Am i psychic or its a trend amongst them??

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ektbear: 6:35am On Apr 09, 2013
Fashola baba
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 09, 2013
mens dept: What are the other governors doing with all their state allocations?
THEY ARE BUSY SETTING UP RUMOUR MONGERING COMMITTEE JUST AS GOVERNOR DICKSON OF BAYELSA STATE DID LAST MONTH. ISNT THAT A LAUDABLE PROJECT?
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 7:03am On Apr 09, 2013
Rumor mongering committee is a massive project o, just wait till they commission that project.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 09, 2013
lakhadimar: THEY ARE BUSY SETTING UP RUMOUR MONGERING COMMITTEE JUST AS GOVERNOR DICKSON OF BAYELSA STATE DID LAST MONTH. ISNT THAT A LAUDABLE PROJECT?

Lwkmd grin grin
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 09, 2013
ba7man: I expected you to understand the concept that the said project under construction is as a result of the "idea" generated by the LASG and not your FG but it seems you're too daft to get that. You're simply an unexposed slowpoke that celebrates the crumbs he receives like a well trained dog.
I thought you tried to play an apolitical neutral sensible figure previously. But now desperation has made you come out full fledged to show your true colours as another ACN internet rat. Keep fooling yourself having silly debates about origin of some ideas. You'll soon get an award for that. Some fools are just irredemable
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 10:11am On Apr 09, 2013
lakhadimar: THEY ARE BUSY SETTING UP RUMOUR MONGERING COMMITTEE JUST AS GOVERNOR DICKSON OF BAYELSA STATE DID LAST MONTH. ISNT THAT A LAUDABLE PROJECT?

grin grin grin grin Imagine. You won't get these jobless charlatans berating such lack of focus and openly brainless leadership. Rather they prefer to make a fool of themselves disturbing a Governor that is certainly one of the best in Nigeriua and celebrated worldwide while international dislike of their messiah, plus open call for his removal, grows daily. Mentally disturbed clowns.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 11:16am On Apr 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I thought you tried to play an apolitical neutral sensible figure previously. But now desperation has made you come out full fledged to show your true colours as another ACN internet rat. Keep fooling yourself having silly debates about origin of some ideas. You'll soon get an award for that. Some fools are just irredemable
My reaction is a reflection of your projected image. Do you think i would react that way if you hadn't added the word "Fools"?....... Mr know all, you better do some soul searching. Its not by being head-strong online that determines your morality. It seems you think you're always right. Kneel to learn and stop walking around with that false sense of knowledge you think you have. I thought you were here to provide us with insight on the GEJ administration but you're just here on an Ego trip to prove that you're always right.....Keep deceiving yourself. BTW, you know nothing of being a politically neutral figure so all your posts tend to tilt in one direction which confirms it. I can't reason with you.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by stupor(m): 11:24am On Apr 09, 2013
Sòmetimes I can easily analyse the level óf some so called graduates even if they've bought their Phds' with whatever !

What is the meaning Of Timeline !

Why nót just fôld yóur palms and scròll !

Say Pröject Timing òf pròject duration ór just fóld yòur palms.

Secôndly.
If yóu can cómprehensively read thròugh the article befòre making yòur lame comments,you wóuld have seen that the project time elapses by 2016,its clearly written.

Haba ! What sòrt óf peôple are these anyway !

Lastly.
Only a fòol will see the strides Of Uncle Fashola and say its nót wôrthy of emulating !
he is Nigeria's best and I am yet tò see any óther public servant clòse tó achieving all his laudable ccónquests.

Nigerians will bite their fingers if they allòw such an asset slip thróugh their hands,excluding me and few Others.

NB.
Nairaland thanks fòr hiding my tòpic last weekend,:THE BAD EFFECTS OF SPENDING TOO MUCH OF A TIME ONLINE !

Thank yòu !!!
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 11:28am On Apr 09, 2013
ba7man: My reaction is a reflection of your projected image. Do you think i would react that way if you hadn't added the word "Fools"?....... Mr know all, you better do some soul searching. Its not by being head-strong online that determines your morality. It seems you think you're always right. Kneel to learn and stop walking around with that false sense of knowledge you think you have. I thought you were here to provide us with insight on the GEJ administration but you're just here on an Ego trip to prove that you're always right.....Keep deceiving yourself.

You are simply giving him too much credit. The charlatan knows absolutely nothing tangible. A total 'airhead'. Even propaganda and sycophancy he fails at woefully.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 11:40am On Apr 09, 2013
Gbawe.:

You are simply giving him too much credit. The charlatan knows absolutely nothing tangible. A total 'airhead'. Even propaganda and sycophancy he fails at woefully.
To himself, he appears always right.I never meant "He's always right". Its a function of his mindset and not reality. I think its best he's left in the World he's created in his mind.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2013
ba7man: To himself, he appears always right. I think its best he's left alone in the World he's created in his mind.

Indeed. I really pity him. Such an insecure and pathetic example of what a man should be. Here, for example, it is obvious he is not making sense and just commenting for the sake of it and out of total envy for the celebrated person of Fashola while his own 'messiah', GEJ, can only deservedly attract condemnation home and abroad these days.

When was the last time foreigners were openly asking for the impeachment of a Nigerian President? That is how bad GEJ is. Yet these charlatan attacking Fashola idiotically are the same clannish twerp supporting the ultra-mediocre GEJ rabidly. Just shows Nigeria has many aberrant and damaged minds.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by stupor(m): 11:54am On Apr 09, 2013
molujagun: Oga Fash! and how are you going to protect the water ways.

Or are you going to wait for it to become infested with Armed Robbers and Terrorist and Pirates before you start thinking of security?

Always the Nigerian mentality ... bolting the stable doors after the animals have escaped

What stops you from having a comprehensive security operation now, people living along the water are already facing security challenges.

I tire for this country o!

You just come out an make small cheap talk and expect everyone to start hailing you smh

Have Yóu tried pirating òr ròbbery on the sea and yòu have not been caught befOre ?

Whò told you the seas are insecured ôr you só think The nigerian Navy is a celestial church ?

Please get a life and let it be a real life !
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
ba7man: My reaction is a reflection of your projected image. Do you think i would react that way if you hadn't added the word "Fools"?....... Mr know all, you better do some soul searching. Its not by being head-strong online that determines your morality. It seems you think you're always right. Kneel to learn and stop walking around with that false sense of knowledge you think you have. I thought you were here to provide us with insight on the GEJ administration but you're just here on an Ego trip to prove that you're always right.....Keep deceiving yourself. BTW, you know nothing of being a politically neutral figure so all your posts tend to tilt in one direction which confirms it. I can't reason with you.
Mr "know all" indeed. I never claim to "know all". I have been corrected a number of times on this forum and I ALWAYS reply to appreciate such corrections or extra information as the case maybe.

Even on this particular thread, I was not the person that laid bare the FACTS that the project is being funded 20-20-60. This happened after some ACN internet dogs tried to claim wholesale credit for the project. But I find it absurd, senseless and ridiculous that the argument later degenerated to who takes credit for the "idea". Who takes credit for the "idea", between state and FG, became an issue. Like I said earlier, that is the most ridiculous and senseless arguement I'v ever witnessed since joining NL. Can you in all honesty stand in front of tv camera and hold such a silly debate? Is the anonymity of the internet the reason for the SENSELESS debates that is common here?

Anyway, its good to know where you belong. And there's absolutely no problem with being an ACN e-warrior.

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Mr "know all" indeed. I never claim to "know all". I have been corrected a number of times on this forum and I ALWAYS reply to appreciate such corrections or extra information as the case maybe.

Even on this particular thread, I was not the person that laid bare the FACTS that the project is being funded 20-20-60. This happened after some ACN internet dogs tried to claim wholesale credit for the project. But I find it absurd, senseless and ridiculous that the argument later degenerated to who takes credit for the "idea". Who takes credit for the "idea", between state and FG, became an issue. Like I said earlier, that is the most ridiculous and senseless arguement I'v ever witnessed since joining NL. Can you in all honesty stand in front of tv camera and hold such a silly debate? Is the anonymity of the internet the reason for the SENSELESS debates that is common here?

Anyway, its good to know where you belong. And there's absolutely no problem with being an ACN e-warrior.

Ideas matter because without ideas and vision, you have no project, no growth and development just like what Nigeria is experiencing because of your asholeroack uncles lack of ideas and vision.

When you lack your own ideas and vision, you do attache all over the place...

Stick to your cassava bread idea abeg...
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Katsumoto: 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Who ever employed you as a propagandist is just as clueless as you are.

If the project is a success; Lagos takes the credit, investors make profit, and consumers have choices

if the project is a failure; Lagos takes the fall; investors make loses, and consumers are no worse off.

The credit is not just for the idea doofus but implementation as well. If you have ever tried to start a business you would know that an entrepreneur is constantly playing with different ideas and choice of business/project is never an easy one. The work that goes into getting data for NPV, IRR, and feasibility studies is a project in itself. Quit trying to belittle idea generation.

The 20% attache funds from your sponsors do not come into play.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by karlmax2: 4:19pm On Apr 09, 2013
mens dept: What are the other governors doing with all their state allocations?
uduagha of delta has built and completed an airport in asaba while fasholas own is still on paper u get it.akpabios ibaka port is almost completed with the help of FG but fasholas own is still on paper!!.peter obi has built a refinary in anambra without making too much noise but fasholas own is still on paper!!!! All this I mentioned above can be verified!!

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Everything around you wherever you are is born of someone's IDEA so never downplay its importance. I don't know if you've heard the saying "Ideas rule the World".....I'll add "When acted upon" to it. Proving the think-tank of the project is the most important factor rather than who provided the funding. Major Companies pay people to "think". I will stand on CNN and give credit to the originator of a good idea any day because they are visionaries. I live in Lagos and I'm surrounded by ACN so pardon my political preference. The PDP you represent have little or no presence here so we naturally don't share the same views as you.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
ba7man: Everything around you wherever you are is born of someone's IDEA so never downplay its importance. I don't know if you've heard the saying "Ideas rule the World".....I'll add "When acted upon" to it. Proving the think-tank of the project is the most important factor rather than who provided the funding. Major Companies pay people to "think". I will stand on CNN and give credit to the originator of a good idea any day because they are visionaries. I live in Lagos and I'm surrounded by ACN so pardon my political preference. The PDP you represent have little or no presence here so we naturally don't share the same views as you.
Your debate was who takes the credit for the idea between FG and state govt. I cannot engage in such silly debate because govt is an institution and a public one for that matter. Its a different thing if we'r talking about persons or private institutions.

I've read about several partnership programmes between tiers of govt but never heard of debates about who owns the idea. I know for sure that with regards to public institutions, their number one problems is ALWAYS funding and some times diligent implementation if funding is available. I'v never heard of any public institution complain of lack of ideas because public institutions are always bombarded with different ideas and various proposals. For instance, that the second Niger bridge has not been constructed is not for lack of ideas. The idea of the bridge was first mutted in the early 80s. The design for the bridge has existed for decades now. Same with several other projects, including 4th mainland bridge.

Well, if you wish to continue the silly debate, I wish you luck. I will comment no more on it.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 09, 2013
Katsumoto:

Who ever employed you as a propagandist is just as clueless as you are.

If the project is a success; Lagos takes the credit, investors make profit, and consumers have choices

if the project is a failure; Lagos takes the fall; investors make loses, and consumers are no worse off.

The credit is not just for the idea doofus but implementation as well. If you have ever tried to start a business you would know that an entrepreneur is constantly playing with different ideas and choice of business/project is never an easy one. The work that goes into getting data for NPV, IRR, and feasibility studies is a project in itself. Quit trying to belittle idea generation.

The 20% attache funds from your sponsors do not come into play.
Some fools are best IGNORED.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Your debate was who takes the credit for the idea between FG and state govt. I cannot engage in such silly debate because govt is an institution and public ones for that matter. Its a different thing if we'r talking about persons or private institutions.

I've read about several partnership programmes between tiers of govt but never heard of debates about who owns the idea. I know for sure that with regards to public institutions, their number one problems is ALWAYS funding and some times diligent implementation if funding is available. I'v never heard of any public institution complain of lack of id For instance, that the second Niger bridge has not been constructed is not for lack of ideas. The idea for the bridge was first mutted in the early 80s. Same with several other projects, including 4th mainland bridge.

Well, if you wish to continue the silly debate, I wish you luck. I will comment no more on it.

Apart from cassava bread, how many great and manifested ideas have your masters in abuja blessed Nigeria with?

The answer is zero and this is why Nigeria is stagnating...
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Some fools are best IGNORED.

Like you of course..

Bystander 20%...lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Security Studying Shiites' Audio Message Threatening Revenge Of Zaria Attacks" / Make Details Of NASS Budget Open, Saraki Orders / Goodluck Jonathan: Ballot, Not Courts, Should Determine Election Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.