Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola (10604 Views)

Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 / A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE / Where Are The Seaport And Airport In Abia State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Katsumoto: 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Some fools are best IGNORED.

Who is the fool?

Surely it must be the individual who has to defend a clueless and incompetent president for a few bread crumbs.

No matter how hard you try, you can't brand a mouse as a lion.

Instead of wasting your time on a futile branding exercise, why don't you supply your boss with a few ideas?

Seriously, what president in the world associates with a wanted international criminal?

Tell Alams to take a holiday to Europe or board a British Airways plane if air hostesses won't arrest him.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by PapaBrowne(m): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
Katsumoto:

Who is the fool?

Surely it must be the individual who has to defend a clueless and incompetent president for a few bread crumbs.

No matter how hard you try, you can't brand a mouse as a lion.

Instead of wasting your time on a futile branding exercise, why don't you supply your boss with a few ideas?

Seriously, what president in the world associates with a wanted international criminal?

Tell Alams to take a holiday to Europe or board a British Airways plane if air hostesses won't arrest him.

I love the way you guys ignore real issues and focus on the inane. It says a whole lot.
This thread is about a deep sea port and an international airport in Lagos. How that one that concern Alams, I don't know.
Where credit is due, I will give Fashola. He is a very excellent administrator and has worked pretty hard to sanitize Lagos. But he is short, and I repeat very short on project delivery. A lot of the projects he started have all fallen short of the completion date with most of them achieving less than 25% on the projected delivery date.

I have challenged you all on this thread to show me just one Project in Lagos above the sum of 100 Million Dollars that has been completed. Just one!! Uduaghan started his airport at the same time Fashola announced his own. Uduaghan's airport has been operational for almost 2 years now, Fashola's own is still on paper. If you would defend that, then you will defend anything and that displays extreme bias.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Katsumoto: 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
PapaBrowne:

I love the way you guys ignore real issues and focus on the inane. It says a whole lot.
Where credit is due, I will give Fashola. He is a very excellent administrator and has worked pretty hard to sanitize Lagos. But he is short, and I repeat very short on project delivery. A lot of the projects he started have all fallen short of the completion date with most of them achieving less than 25% on the projected delivery date.

I have challenged you all on this thread to show me just one Project in Lagos above the sum of 100 Million Dollars that has been completed. Just one!! Uduaghan started his airport at the same time Fashola announced his own. Uduaghan's airport has been operational for almost 2 years now, Fashola's own is still on paper. If you would defend that, then you will defend anything and that displays extreme bias.

Your post is based on the position that I am an ACN member and I am not. Who did you issue the challenge to? Everyone or ACN members or posters who think it is a good project?

I support ACN so far because it is the best alternative to PDP in the SW. But I have been known to also criticize ACN; my post history can vindicate me on that. On this thread I took particular exception to posts that tried to belittle the project and enhence the FG's involvement. If Uduaghan finished his airport project, then that's commendable but I would also add that Uduaghan is one of the worst governors in Nigeria based on his overall record and not just for completing an airport.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by purpleclouds: 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
What is this airport going to look like at least
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2013
PapaBrowne:

This thread is about a deep sea port and an international airport in Lagos. How that one that concern Alams, I don't know.

PapaBrowne:

You see, I totally agree with you. Lagos is a place of Grand masterplans!!

The sad reality however is that it's been 14 years and nearly $50 Billion since Tinubu and Fashola started telling us about these grand masterplans and none, I repeat none of these projects have come anywhere near completion.
How can a state like Lagos talk about paucity of funds? What are other states suppose to say?
We have a good number of mini road rehabilitation(I repeat mini)in a lot of places but I can bet you, their value is not anywhere near 1 Billion dollars in all. So what happened to the over $50 billion budgeted by the state over the years.
How come these monies were not used to execute these Grand Masterplans.

Fashola's Budgetary allocation for six years is close to $30 Billion and yet I cannot see one single project in the entire state worth above a 100 million dollars that has been completed. Not one. The only one nearing completion is the Lekki Ikoyi Bridge which will be tolled. Name one please, if I'm wrong.

Interestingly, we are here talking about a project that is still on paper after 5 years of inception and I'm supposed to be excited when the most villified Governor(Uduaghan) in the country didn't leave his own on paper, he actually brought it to fruition.

Lets face the facts here. Fashola is an excellent Governor but his hands are totally tied by Tinubu's Grand Power ambitions. Tinubu never complains of funds when executing a project for himself. Ikeja Mall was built on schedule. Oriental II never stopped construction. The dredging of Eko Atlantic "Estate" continues. Infact the money wasted on the purchase of planes for the moribund First Nation Airways would have comfortably kick started the Airport Construction.

No new BRT lanes six years after!
The 52km Lekki Epe Expressway has taken 10 years and stays incomplete.
Light Rail project: Less than 30% completion.
Fourth Mainland Bridge: Mirage!
Lekki FTZ/Seaport/Airport: Paper

I saw schools Amaechi built in Rivers state the other day and I wondered at Fashola- he has totally ignored education in the state. Same with healthcare. Same with

Still I think Fashola is a great performer. He has laid a solid foundation for Lagos state by building institutions and systems that would outlive generations and he has established certain standards that no new Lagos State Governor would have the courage to fall below. I respect him wella but must ask him the real questions. And I like his answer. Paucity of funds. And that points straight in the direction of Tinubu. Free Fashola from Tinubu and all these projects would have been commissioned before 2011.

Are you not too old to be spewing ignorance on the internet.?

Lagos state budget for 2008 = $2.7 Billion
2009 = $2.7 Billion
2010 = $2.86 Billion
2011 = $2.96 Billion
2012 = $3.2 Billion
2013 = $3.3 Billion

Total = 17.66 Billion

So please tell or show us where your phantom $30 Billion came from?

1. Since you are so fixated on Tinubu and how he's messing with Fashola and development in Lagos, please state exactly how and what Tinubu is doing.

2. Please tell or show us any official document stating that the businesses you mentioned are in anyway related to Tinubu and how they siphon funds from the Lagos state government.

Dozens of projects from bridges to roads power plants, 15 water works, schools, hospitals, libraries, 17 skills acquisition centers, parks, rec centers, orphanages, safe home for abused women, jetties and jetty terminals housing estates have been completed and we've posted them on NL.

I know you are a comedian, but you are also an ignorant goofball.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
PapaBrowne:

I have challenged you all on this thread to show me just one Project in Lagos above the sum of 100 Million Dollars that has been completed.

Lagos Unveils N29b Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge

The Lagos State Government has completed the Lekki-Ikoyi suspension bridge built at a cost of N29 billion

http://www..mobi/output.php?id=4923

Just go away or bury your despicable head in shame...
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by PapaBrowne(m): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
Katsumoto:

Your post is based on the position that I am an ACN member and I am not. Who did you issue the challenge to? Everyone or ACN members or posters who think it is a good project?

I support ACN so far because it is the best alternative to PDP in the SW. But I have been known to also criticize ACN; my post history can vindicate me on that. On this thread I took particular exception to posts that tried to belittle the project and enhence the FG's involvement. If Uduaghan finished his airport project, then that's commendable but I would also add that Uduaghan is one of the worst governors in Nigeria based on his overall record and not just for completing an airport.

And that exactly is my point. If one of the worst Governor( most villified i Think) in Nigeria could set out to build an airport and complete it on schedule, what excuse would "one of the best" have for not even getting his own out of paper. And if we find ourselves defending him for not having his out of paper after 6 years on the saddle, then it is because of bias.

Jonathan is failing on some fronts and is succeeding in many.
Fashola has failed on some and is succeeding in many.
Bias dictates that we would blind our eyes to Jonathan's successes and magnify his failures, while we blind our eye to Fashola's failures and magnify his successes and vice versa.
The big question then becomes: what is the nature of our bias? Ethnic, Political, Classist or mere selectionist?

It's sad that we make to compare Jonathan and Fashola. Its like comparing our local League with the world cup or better still comparing Enyimba with Brazil! Makes no sense! Thier job descriptions are miles apart!

By the way, I also think ACN is the best alternative to PDP in the south west and in my state. I will not trade Oshiomole for anything. But I will keep supporting Jonathan for making strides in areas others before him absolutely failed- and that's Infrastructure(Power, Roads, Aviation, Rails) and Agriculture!

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by PapaBrowne(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
Eko Ile:

Just go away or bury your despicable head in shame...

Thanks for showing this one. I mentioned that Its the only nearly completed(still uncompleted) project above the sum I mentioned. And the funny reason it is completed is that Tinubu would soon start collecting tolls on it! He needs the money fast so they hastened it.

I'm still waiting for projects above 100 million dollars.
The reason I used the 100 million dollars mark is because that is the cost of Ikeja Mall. It was built under 18 months. Getting the money for that wasnt a problem. Same with Oriental II. But for projects that would benefit the majority of Lagosians, nothing!

As per the budgets, you forgot to add the regular disbursements from excess crude funds and the local Government accruals as well as the bonds issued. When you collate all of that you'll see where my figure of nearly $30 billion originated from.

And once again, I think Fashola is an excellent performer, and I am his biggest fan but his problem is the Business savvy lion of Bourdillion.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
PapaBrowne:

And that exactly is my point. If one of the worst Governor( most villified i Think) in Nigeria could set out to build an airport and complete it on schedule, what excuse would "one of the best" have for not even getting his own out of paper. And if we find ourselves defending him for not having his out of paper after 6 years on the saddle, then it is because of bias.

Bias dictates that we would blind our eyes to Jonathan's successes and magnify his failures, while we blind our eye to Fashola's failures and magnify his successes and vice versa.
The big question then becomes: what is the nature of our bias? Ethnic, Political, Classist or mere selectionist?

It's sad that we make to compare Jonathan and Fashola. Its like comparing our local League with the world cup or better still comparing Enyimba with Brazil! Makes no sense! Thier job descriptions are miles apart!

By the way, I also think ACN is the best alternative to PDP in the south west and in my state. I will not trade Oshiomole for anything. But I will keep supporting Jonathan for making strides in areas others before him absolutely failed- and that's Infrastructure(Power, Roads, Aviation, Rails) and Agriculture!

Well done. That was the post of the day
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Katsumoto: 9:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Can you supply the schedule of both airport projects as well as the completion date of the Delta Airport?

As for performance, it is relative. On the whole, I don't have any reason to cheer GEJ's performance. Fashola's performance is lauded by many foreign observers while one foreign observer is calling for GEJ's impeachment. what is the nature of their (foreign commentators) bias? Ethnic, Political, Classist or mere selectionist?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 11:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
Katsumoto:

Can you supply the schedule of both airport projects as well as the completion date of the Delta Airport?

As for performance, it is relative. On the whole, I don't have any reason to cheer GEJ's performance. Fashola's performance is lauded by many foreign observers while one foreign observer is calling for GEJ's impeachment. what is the nature of their (foreign commentators) bias? Ethnic, Political, Classist or mere selectionist?

Katsumoto, stop wasting you time with this silly charlatan and mischief-maker. He loves nothing more than for his asinine mischief to be entertained. I can dig up thread where his mischief is laid bare such as when he claimed it was a lie that Fayemi has embarked on massive road works in Ekiti. He demanded pictures and called Fayemi a liar. Once shown pictures that put things in perspective conclusively, he changed tact to say road infrastructure was not really important anyway. I think you actually even contributed on the thread via asking how anyone can say road infrastructure is not important for a nation where it is virtually the main means of transportation. that is the person you are indulging.

We should ask him when has building an International airport like Heathrow , from scratch and with private sector funding, ever been equal in scale, planning, financing/fund raisng effort and delivery with constructing a small airport with State funds? The Lekki airport is meant to be on the scale of MMIA as a truly international standard airport. Only a charlatan would compare that with what Uduaghan has delivered that, till now has only , two listed operators. Someone should explain to the mischief-maker the difference between Uduaghan's effort, sponsored by State funds, and the effort of Lagos that utilises the PPP model heavily reliant on private sector funding.

Asaba Airport , totally funded from Delta coffers, cost N27.7 billion for one of the states with the largest allocations in Nigeria. The Lekki International airport will cost over N100 billion for the most burdened and most unsupported State in Nigeria that has to proactively do a lot for itself. Go figure.

https://plus.google.com/105773933653322307579/posts/RoAvrAgQjLb

The proposed N102 billion International Airport designed to complement the activities of the Lekki Free Trade Zone as well as provide alternative air transport services in the state has its master plan on the 3,500 hectares of land earmarked for the project.

The airport was also designed to handle about five million passengers annually with provision for a modular terminal for future expansion. Preliminary work on the project had commenced with the clearing of 4.5 km of the access road and 9km of perimeter road.

The first phase of the project consists of Airport Terminal Building, Air Traffic Control Facilities, Airfield Ground Lighting, Navigational Aids and Aircraft Ground Services, Digital Surveillance for Transportation, Baggage and Cargo Handling Systems and Equipment and Airport Terminal and Runway Clearing.

To ensure the success of the project, a new outfit, Lagos Airport Development Company (LADC), has been established purposely for the management of the proposed Lekki Airport.

“Besides, the primary objective for the development of the Lekki Airport is to complement and support the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), the only functional international airport in Western Nigeria”, the government had said in a release, adding that, it is the state’s desire for the airport to develop into the new hub for business and travel in the west Africa sub-region, creating an environment of excellence for national and international companies.

Last year, Chief Executive Officer of the project’s financial, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Sola David-Borha, said the Bank has made available Request for Pre-Qualification (RFPQ) to 33 Nigerian and international firms who have indicated interest to participate in the ambitious project. The companies had earlier submitted Expression of Interest (EOI) in August 2011, bidding for the project under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asaba_International_Airport

Asaba International Airport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Asaba Airport (IATA: ABB, ICAO: DNAS) is an airport serving Asaba, the capital of Delta State of Nigeria. It is also the closest airport to Onitsha, the largest city in Anambra State which is located across the River Niger from Asaba. The airport is still not fully completed, but there are skeletal flights being operated. The Delta State government has not provided the completion schedule.
[edit]Airlines and destinations

Airlines Destinations
Arik Air Abuja, Lagos
Overland Airways Lagos
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
@ Gbawe: I'm truly excited about the Lekki Airport. It's total land area is bigger than that of Heathrow's 5 terminals combined! However, I think the recent plan by the FG to construct a new international terminal at MMIA, may lead to a revision of the proposed scale of the Lekki Airport. What do u think?
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 2:10am On Apr 10, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Thanks for showing this one. I mentioned that Its the only nearly completed(still uncompleted) project above the sum I mentioned. And the funny reason it is completed is that Tinubu would soon start collecting tolls on it! He needs the money fast so they hastened it.

I'm still waiting for projects above 100 million dollars.
The reason I used the 100 million dollars mark is because that is the cost of Ikeja Mall. It was built under 18 months. Getting the money for that wasnt a problem. Same with Oriental II. But for projects that would benefit the majority of Lagosians, nothing!

As per the budgets, you forgot to add the regular disbursements from excess crude funds and the local Government accruals as well as the bonds issued. When you collate all of that you'll see where my figure of nearly $30 billion originated from.

And once again, I think Fashola is an excellent performer, and I am his biggest fan but his problem is the Business savvy lion of Bourdillion.

1. Furnish us with official documents detailing the source of your phantom 30 billion dollars and the breakdown just like I did or keep quiet and never repeat that lie.

2. Ikoyi link bridge is a completed so quit the ignorant rubbish and accept the fact that you goofed as usual.

3. Show us official documents detailing ownership of all the business you attributed to Tinubu and how they relate to any state project in Lagos.

4. Explain exactly how Tinubu is affecting state projects in Lagos state.

I've asked you these questions before, but because you are a troll and since trolls just say thinks that they can not support with facts, you run away like chicken bamby.

With your infatuation with Tinubu, sounds like you and Remi Tinubu are married to the same man.

Trolls like you should never be taken seriously especially after spewing that you support the most corrupt, lazy and incompetent president in the history of Nigeria. You are obviously a replica of GEJ, you clowns swim in the same polluted pool.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 8:11am On Apr 10, 2013
CFCfan: @ Gbawe: I'm truly excited about the Lekki Airport. It's total land area is bigger than that of Heathrow's 5 terminals combined! However, I think the recent plan by the FG to construct a new international terminal at MMIA, may lead to a revision of the proposed scale of the Lekki Airport. What do u think?

in my opinion, both project do not necessarily threaten each other. The Lekki international airport will open up a new corridor of travel that will complement MMIA. The new airport could become an important transit route. In any case, it is instructive the FG is building a new MMIA terminal with roughly the same amount the new Airport will cost.

Ask yourself why the FG can simply not invest in the new airport aggressively. At the core, you will find the usual jealousy, insecurity and enmity politics that has essentially meant the FG is unwilling to be a proactive partner to Lagos. The state , despite its importance to Nigeria, is shamefully left on its own and to fend for itself whereas in other Countries the FG would be partnering with the State to assist it develop to its maximum potentials to the glory of Nigeria. Same reason some clowns are here mocking the efforts of Lagos when, if we all feel Nigerian completely, then we should accept these are project that strengthen our Nation and even West Africa.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 10, 2013
^^^
True. The FG has already already secured a $500 million loan facility from the Chinese to build the MMIA terminal and 4 other international terminals. I guess the FG don't want to invest in the Lekki airport because their hands are already full with the 22 airports under their supervision.
Anyway, the FG is planning to concession the 5 new terminals upon completion in 2015.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ihedioha Suspends Salaries Of 'Illegal' Workers In Imo / Atiku's Former Spokesman, Segun Showunmi, Visits Former President Buhari / Fg Pays Oil Marketers Outstanding N48.2b Subsidy Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.