Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,120 members, 7,852,797 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist (45089 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / The Council That Created Jesus - By Former Pastor, Ray Hagins / Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Rexyl(m): 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
laylow001: What is the best proof of God existence?Once this question was asked to a scholar by an Atheist. The scholar replied that he would reply it in public rather than to an individual on a particular day. The scholar lived in other village other side of a river. The Atheist and people gathered at one place and waited for the scholar.People waited for many hours, the Atheist started joking and laughing at the scholar and spread rumors that scholar cannot prove God's existence, he does not have courage to face the public, so he has escaped . At last the scholar arrived. People were eager to know the reason of coming late. The Scholar said, ' Friends! I am Sorry I could not come on time,when I reached the river i did not find any boat to cross the river. You all know that this river is large and cannot be crossed without boat,so I kept on waiting. Suddenly I saw a big tree fell, all branches cut by themselves and its stem transformed into wooden planks by itself. The Atheist shouted ," Stop! Stop! Don't fool others. In fact you don't have answer for my question". The scholar said, "Dear brothers! let me finish my story". People supported him. The scholar continued, "In front of my eyes these wooden planks arranged themselves and within few minutes they transformed into a small boat. It started moving towards water. I ran and jumped into it as i saw it's direction was towards this village.It sailed towards this village without a rower and a sailor. As it reached the bank I got down and thus I am in front of you to answer this man's question. Before any could talk the atheist shouted, you are a liar. How can this happen that a tree transform into boat by itself. It is impossible. How could this happen without wood cutters and a team of boat makers. How can a boat sail without a sailor. You are a lair." . The scholar kept silent. The atheist said, "Answer my question first" . The Scholar said, "Dear! you have answered my question yourself". Then he said, " brothers! this man says that a tree cannot be shaped by itself into wooden sheets and planks. wooden sheets and planks cannot be transformed into a simple boat by itself and a boat cannot take you to a particular destination by itself. Then how can he says that this world has come into existence without any maker. How he thinks that this universe,sky, sun, moon, planets came into existence without any creator.
can he explain how this earth and we came into existence?

God exists. Each and every creature in this universe is witness to existence of God.
The vast universe with skies, galaxies, innumerable solar systems, stars , planets, moons, shining of sun, twinkling of stars, the earth, the mountains., the glaciers, the oceans, the trees, the leaves,m fruits and flowers, germination of seeds, plants and grass and above all the human beings. all are witness to existence of God for those who have wisdom.

simple illustration showing something existing is the product of a maker.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Rexyl(m): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
laylow001: What is the best proof of God existence?Once this question was asked to a scholar by an Atheist. The scholar replied that he would reply it in public rather than to an individual on a particular day. The scholar lived in other village other side of a river. The Atheist and people gathered at one place and waited for the scholar.People waited for many hours, the Atheist started joking and laughing at the scholar and spread rumors that scholar cannot prove God's existence, he does not have courage to face the public, so he has escaped . At last the scholar arrived. People were eager to know the reason of coming late. The Scholar said, ' Friends! I am Sorry I could not come on time,when I reached the river i did not find any boat to cross the river. You all know that this river is large and cannot be crossed without boat,so I kept on waiting. Suddenly I saw a big tree fell, all branches cut by themselves and its stem transformed into wooden planks by itself. The Atheist shouted ," Stop! Stop! Don't fool others. In fact you don't have answer for my question". The scholar said, "Dear brothers! let me finish my story". People supported him. The scholar continued, "In front of my eyes these wooden planks arranged themselves and within few minutes they transformed into a small boat. It started moving towards water. I ran and jumped into it as i saw it's direction was towards this village.It sailed towards this village without a rower and a sailor. As it reached the bank I got down and thus I am in front of you to answer this man's question. Before any could talk the atheist shouted, you are a liar. How can this happen that a tree transform into boat by itself. It is impossible. How could this happen without wood cutters and a team of boat makers. How can a boat sail without a sailor. You are a lair." . The scholar kept silent. The atheist said, "Answer my question first" . The Scholar said, "Dear! you have answered my question yourself". Then he said, " brothers! this man says that a tree cannot be shaped by itself into wooden sheets and planks. wooden sheets and planks cannot be transformed into a simple boat by itself and a boat cannot take you to a particular destination by itself. Then how can he says that this world has come into existence without any maker. How he thinks that this universe,sky, sun, moon, planets came into existence without any creator.
can he explain how this earth and we came into existence?

God exists. Each and every creature in this universe is witness to existence of God.
The vast universe with skies, galaxies, innumerable solar systems, stars , planets, moons, shining of sun, twinkling of stars, the earth, the mountains., the glaciers, the oceans, the trees, the leaves,m fruits and flowers, germination of seeds, plants and grass and above all the human beings. all are witness to existence of God for those who have wisdom.

please ooman the Atheist from this simple illustration explain which one came first, bird or egg.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by elmajor(m): 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
This is coming from an immature and morbid mind. This man must get the inane notions verbalized above out of his mind. God have mercy on us all.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by matrixme(m): 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Wheew! Maybe the enemy came to take his soul on holiday. I sincerely pray that God blows the whistle that would get him back soon. I wouldn't want to reach down this stage, where he can look straight into the cold, dangerously deceptive eye of the devil. I honestly don't think that the points he gave can cause me to change my mind anyway. Yes, call me a deluded entity in the 21st century, but I would rather be appear to be decieved than knowing am getting a false hope perhaps, no hope at all. I hope science will be there for him as he faces the inevitable or Richard Dawkins blessings will lead him onwards. Of what use as the Bible said will it be for a man to gain the whole world, and loose his soul? Faith is what pulls us through in life, though many like him makes the mistake of not combining it with reason.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by dusty84(m): 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
e b like say wan demon don enter you intead of the holyspirit...beter go use holywater wash that you small brain.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rexyl:

please ooman the Atheist from this simple illustration explain which one came first, bird or egg.

^^^ good story but it is a dumb analogy. he would have done better if he could provide evidence for his analogy of self assembly of planks. that is naturally impossible.

to your question - the egg came first, from a previous ancestor - mutations and artificial selection produced the chicken we have now.

nature lacks intelligence, and so nature does not naturally produce boats but woods that could be cut into both and furniture because nature lacks intelligent control, which makes it certain that god does not exist.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2013
ooman:

^^^ good story but it is a dumb analogy. he would have done better if he could provide evidence for his analogy of self assembly of planks. that is naturally impossible.

to your question - the egg came first, from a previous ancestor - mutations and artificial selection produced the chicken we have now.

nature lacks intelligence, and so nature does not naturally produce boats but woods that could be cut into both and furniture because nature lacks intelligent control, which makes it certain that god does not exist.

So what laid d egg or it laid itself by mutation?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Rexyl(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
ooman:

This reasoning is very absurd and misleading hold onto. Still deficient.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
Proffdada:

So what laid d egg or it laid itself by mutation?

a very primitive oviparous dino-bird laid the first egg!
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rexyl:

This reasoning is very absurd and misleading hold onto. Still deficient.

how so?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Posman(m): 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
famous ex-atheists

General Lew Wallace (1827-1905)

The story of General Lew Wallace is an interesting one. Wallace, a retired Civil War General, was riding on a train with Republican Party candidate Robert Ingersoll. Both were heavy opponents to Christianity, Ingersoll was even nick-named the “the Great Agnostic,” authoring many books that were anti-Biblical in topic. While on this train ride Wallace and Ingersoll were discussing their hostility to Christianity and the Bible. The conversation motivated Wallace to author a book that would expose the flaws in the Bible rendering Christianity false. However, while studying the history of Jesus and the Bible, Wallace discovered that he was mistaken. He became a Christian and ended up writing the pro-Christian novel Ben-Hur. Which was subsequently made into a major “epic” motion picture of the same name. Ingersoll unintentionally brought about Wallace’s salvation.

Sir William Ramsay (1852-1916)

Si r William Ramsay was an archaeologist and skeptic of the Bible’s accuracy. Throughout his career he studied countless artifacts from the New Testament period which ultimately convinced him of the New Testament’s accuracy. Ramsay especially credits the Gospel of Luke, considering Luke a true historian. Ramsay also authored the famous book, St. Paul the Traveler and Roman Citizen.

Quote: “Christianity did not originate in a lie; and we can and ought to demonstrate this as well as believe it.”

Peter Stoner- (1888-1980)

Stoner was a famous mathematician and astronomer that served as chairman of the Mathematics and Astronomy Division for Pasadena City College as well as the Science Division for Westmont College. Stoner turned to Christ after calculating the odds of Jesus fulfilling just 48 the prophecies spoken about Him in the Old Testament. His conclusion was that the odds of one man fulfilling just 48 of the prophecies in one lifetime was 1 in 1x 10157 (or 1 with 157 zeros after it). Then take into consideration Christ fulfilled more than 48 prophecies and it became obvious to Stoner of Christ’s divinity. His work was published in his book, Science Speaks.

CS Lewis- (1898- 1963)

C.S. Lewis, a leading figure and English professor at Oxford University and author of many acclaimed books was baptized catholic as a child but fell away from the faith as a teenager. Later in his late twenties Lewis began to study and investigate the word of the bible with the intention of discovering its flaws and exposing them in his writings. In his studies he became so overwhelmed and moved by what he was learning, that at one point he wrote, that he dropped to his knees and began to pray to God. At age 30, he was baptized Christian. He became known as the “Apostle to Intellectuals,” writing many intellectuals books such as The Screwtape Letters, Miracles, Mere Chstianity, etc. The book he is most famous for however is The Chronicles of Narnia.

Quote; “Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.”

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (1918-2008)

Solzhenitsyn was a Russian Soviet novelist and historian. Though his writings were often suppressed by government, they exposed much of the atrocities happening in Soviet Russia. His writing eventually landed him in prison where he was subject to brutal punishment. But it was in prison he was introduced to Christianity and gave his life to Christ. When he was released years later he would escape to America and was eventually awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

Quote; “The meaning of earthly existence lies not, as we have grown used to thinking, in prospering but in the development of the soul.”

George R. Price (1922-1975)

Price was a man heavily involved in science being a geneticist, physical chemist and science journalist. For a time he even worked at the famed Galton Lab as a theoretical biologist. In 1970 Price admitted that he had experienced many “coincidences” in his life that drove him to investigate religion. He looked into the New Testament eventually becoming a very passionate scholar on it. Convinced of its authenticity he became a Christian.

Anthony Flew- (1923-2010)

Flew, a famous British Philosopher, was world famous for his outspoken atheism. He always claimed to follow the argument where ever it led, and boasted that until evidence of God is discovered there is no logical reason to believe in God. Flew even debated CS Lewis on one occasion and is famed for defeating Lewis. However, keeping true to following the argument where ever it lead, Flew began to realize at a very old age that scientific findings in both biology and cosmology left no reasonable alternative but to accept that there is an Intelligent Designer behind our existence. Though whether he accepted Christ before his death is unverifiable, he did admit that Christianity was the most logical religion on God. I’ve personally read his book, There is a God, and highly recommend it.

Quote; “”It now seems to me that the findings of more than fifty years of DNA research have provided materials for a new and enormously powerful argument to design.”

Dr. Rick Oliver

Dr. Oliver has a MS in life science and a PhD in evolutionary biology from the University of California Santa Cruz (where he also minored in geology). He is also the founder and CEO of Confound the Wise Ministries and founder of the Mount Hermon Outdoor Science School. Originally an atheist, Dr. Oliver admits that in studying the anatomy of specimens it became very apparent that life was “designed.” He became a Christian in 1987.

Quote; “I remember how frustrated I became when, as a young atheist, I examined specimens under the microscope. I would often walk away and try to convince myself that I was not seeing examples of extraordinary design, but merely the product of some random, unexplained mutations.”

Francis Collins (1950-_)

Collins is a world renowned physician and geneticist that was the head of the Human Genome Project. We was described by the Endocrine Society as “one of the most accomplished scientists of our time.” During college however, Collins was a self-described atheist. It wasn’t until the death of his parents that he began to investigate religion and God. He credits C.S. Lewis’ Mere Christianity as one of the books that aided him in re-examining his beliefs, which lead to his conversion to an evangelical Christian one day while hiking in the Pacific Cascades. He is also known for his book, The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief and he currently serves as the Director of the National Institute of Health.

Quote; “”Science is the only reliable way to understand the natural world [but] is powerless to answer questions such as ‘what is the meaning of human existence… We need to bring all the power of both scientific and spiritual perspectives to bear on understanding what is both seen and unseen.”

Lee Stroble (1952-_)

Investigative journalist Lee Stroble is well known in the Christian community for his many books and articles on Christian apologetics. But before he became a Christian he was a strong atheist and looked at Christianity as an old fable or even cult-like. The fact that his wife became Christian upset him so much, that he began to research the true story of Jesus Christ and read the bible in an attempt to point out to her how false and inaccurate Christianity is. But day by day he began to realize that just the opposite was true. He was so shocked to find the teachings and happenings of the bible were more than just accurate, but that they were indeed divine. His attempt to disprove Christianity led him to becoming a Christian. He has since authored famous books such as The Case for Christ, The Case for Faith, and The Case for a Creator.

Quotes: “It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.”

Alister McGrath (1953-_)

McGrath is a theologian, apologist and scientist, holding a PhD in Molecular Biophysics and Doctor of Divinity from Oxford. A former atheist, he has now become an outspoken Christian writing the anti-atheism book The Twilight of Atheism, but is most notably known for his book The Dawkins Delusion? A formal response to famed atheist Richard Dawkin’s book The God Delusion. On an interesting side note, Dawkin’s himself personally interviewed McGrath for the television documentary The Root of All Evil?, but McGrath’s entire interview was not included in the final cut.

Quote: “Atheism, I began to realize, rested on a less-than-satisfactory evidential basis. The arguments that had once seemed bold, decisive, and conclusive increasingly turned out to be circular, tentative, and uncertain.”

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Rexyl(m): 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
ooman:

how so?

you said previous ancestor - mutation - which took its origin from what is non existing!
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rexyl:

you said previous ancestor - mutation - which took its origin from what is non existing!

did you read this

ooman:

a very primitive oviparous dino-bird laid the first egg!
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by laidback(m): 9:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
My Father, My father, all I want to say is, even if the whole world decides to ignore you, I will worship you till I die because you are awesome!
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Rexyl(m): 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2013
ooman:

did you read this

uuhm “primitive oviparous“ souds repeating the question. Pls all the world I want answer. Not twisting the truth!
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2013
This pastor turn atheist is confused and needs loads of help and these are my reasons for saying this:

1. The Christian faith and belief in God is not based on logic. Jesus Himself said that we should accept the gospel like little children. If u tell ur little boy that u would buy him an aeroplane, he would believe u with all his heart even if u don't have up to N10,000 in ur account. Our minds are too small to understand all the mysteries around God. Someone asked where did God come from, how did He begin because everything must have a beginning but here again we are limited because 'Begin' is an English word. There are spiritual expressions beyond English language and indeed every other language that mere humans cannot comprehend.

2. The whole concept of life and existence is God's game. God is really having fun being God. He is sovereign and does whatever pleases Him and answers to nobody that is why God says in the bible that He will have mercy on whoever he pleases. The creation of Adam & Eve, the garden of Eden experience etc are all God's big ludo game and up till today, the whole world is His ludo game. Any wise man would only pray for God's mercies every day and try to stay in His good books.

3. [b]Atheism is foolishness do u know why? Let's look at this scenario. I choose to believe that there is a God and I believe the bible, I try each day to live as the bible has instructed with the hope and assurance that when I die, God would take me to heaven and save me from hell. Now my bible tells me that all those that reject God will burn in the fires of hell forever. Now u on the other hand have chosen to believe that there is no God and that he does not exist. If we both die and it happens to be that u were right and that God never existed, I haven't lost anything really, after all I lived a good life (married, raised children, had nice friends, acquired education, kept a job or business, enjoyed Christmas, etc). If on the other hand, it turns out to be that I was right, that there was a God all the while then u're completely finished. U will continue to burn in unquenchable fire powered by brimstone while worms will continue to eat through your body for ever and ever and ever. The words with which to describe how horrible hell fire is can not be found in any dictionary; only one hour in the ferocious fires of hell will convince u.

ANY TRULY WISE MAN CAN CLEARLY SEE THAT I AM SMARTER THAN THE ATHEIST!!!!!

Dear Pastor turn atheist, there is no need for all these logic and foolish debates to question the existence of God. Time will certainly answer all questions. Na body go tell u for hell when u and Satan embrace each other in flames![/b]

3 Likes

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rexyl:

uuhm “primitive oviparous“ souds repeating the question. Pls all the world I want answer. Not twisting the truth!
ok, i understand you. you want me to start this lecture from the very beginning. I have dont this time, i have done this times without number on nairaland refer here - https://www.nairaland.com/1254148/why-idea-god-fraud
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
EUROBOMBER: This pastor turn atheist is confused and needs loads of help and these are my reasons for saying this:

1. The Christian faith and belief in God is not based on logic. Jesus Himself said that we should accept the gospel like little children. If u tell ur little boy that u would buy him an aeroplane, he would believe u with all his heart even if u don't have up to N10,000 in ur account. Our minds are too small to understand all the mysteries around God. Someone asked where did God come from, how did He begin because everything must have a beginning but here again we are limited because 'Begin' is an English word. There are spiritual expressions beyond English language and indeed every other language that mere humans cannot comprehend.

2. The whole concept of life and existence is God's game. God is really having fun being God. He is sovereign and does whatever pleases Him and answers to nobody that is why God says in the bible that He will have mercy on whoever he pleases. The creation of Adam & Eve, the garden of Eden experience etc are all God's big ludo game and up till today, the whole world is His ludo game. Any wise man would only pray for God's mercies every day and try to stay in His good books.

3. [b]Atheism is foolishness do u know why? Let's look at this scenario. I choose to believe that there is a God and I believe the bible, I try each day to live as the bible has instructed with the hope and assurance that when I die, God would take me to heaven and save me from hell. Now my bible tells me that all those that reject God will burn in the fires of hell forever. Now u on the other hand have chosen to believe that there is no God and that he does not exist. If we both die and it happens to be that u were right and that God never existed, I haven't lost anything really, after all I lived a good life (married, raised children, had nice friends, acquired education, kept a job or business, enjoyed Christmas, etc). If on the other hand, it turns out to be that I was right, that there was a God all the while then u're completely finished. U will continue to burn in unquenchable fire powered by brimstone while worms will continue to eat through your body for ever and ever and ever. The words with which to describe how horrible hell fire is can not be found in any dictionary; only one hour in the ferocious fires of hell will convince u.

Dear Pastor turn atheist, there is no need for all these logic and foolish debates to question the existence of God. Time will certainly answer all questions. Na body go tell u for hell when u and Satan embrace each other in flames![/b]

where you will be doomed is if it is the Muslim god that truly exist. Then you would have wasted your time worshiping the xtian god and still go to hell. tongue

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
End Time fast approaching. All religious books from recognise Jesus Christ either as a messanger, prophet or son of God. The Bible never recognised any of their founders. Science have not proven life after death nor where dead souls go after death. There shall be suprises on the last day then we shall know who is actually right. ''Lord please save me by your grace.''
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by emmatok(m): 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
Why do most Atheists fight Christians.

Are Muslims, Buddhist and Pegans not also call God?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
ooman:

where you will be doomed is if it is the Muslim god that truly exist. Then you would have wasted your time worshiping the xtian god and still go to hell. tongue

Like I said, only time will tell whether the God we Christians worship is the Almighty or ur allah. Then if the Christian God is the real God and not ur allah, u will roast in hell. Infact, i suggest u start practicing now ahead of time with ur oven and ur stove at home so that when u get to hell u may be able to cope a bit with the fire.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by lorenzos1: 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
I. Believe that there is. God but what I don't know is if He is still interested in the salvation of men..because there is so much wickedness and sin..tthe devill has eaten so deeply into the heart of man..too much immorality in this world.Jst look around sin and immoraality is now celebrated..!
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Rexyl(m): 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
ooman:

did you read this

If egg was formed through mutation of skeleton or fossil why the likes of you and other scientists have not been able to produce a living egg this way?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by GagaBoy: 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
PREACH!!!! Religion is just dumb
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Tracetruth: 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
ooman:

To begin with, i must tell you that your ignorance is not an excuse for the existence of God.

I quite agree that there are many phenomenons in Africa that dont have scientific explanation YET, due to shortage of evolutionary scientists in Africa. Geysers that occurs in northern hemisphere also have many spiritual explanations given by the natives, until scientists told us what causes those phenomenons.

I am certain that once God is off our community and evolutionary scientists become many, we will start to understand our land much more.

I am also certain that your explanation of spirits is just as a result of ancient myths.

Ask yourself, do you sound reasonable with such explanations? No, you dont
though you have said we lack evolutionary scientist, however I think you should be able to explain this. This event happened in abakpa in ogoja of crs,nig. A man called jerry died in 2000 then his wife became pregnant in 2003 when asked how she said it was her man who did it since no one would believe such claim it was agreed by the reltives findout how it happened the wife ask them to open the tomb when it was open behold the man was alive

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by brunels: 11:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
Professor : You are a Christian,
aren’t you, son ?
Student : Yes, sir.
Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?
Student : Absolutely, sir.
Professor : Is GOD good ?
Student : Sure.
Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?
Student : Yes.
Professor: My brother died of
cancer even though he prayed to
GOD to heal him. Most of us would
attempt to help others who are ill.
But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD
good then? Hmm?
(Student was silent.)
Professor: You can’t answer, can
you ? Let’s start again, young fella.
Is GOD good?
Professor: Is satan good ?
Student : No.
Professor: Where does satan come
from ?
Student : From … GOD …
Professor: That’s right. Tell me son,
is there evil in this world?
Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t
it ? And GOD did make everything.
Correct?
Professor: So who created evil ?
(Student did not answer.)
Professor: Is there sickness?
Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All
these terrible things exist in the
world, don’t they?
Student : Yes, sir.
Professor: So, who created them ?
(Student had no answer.)
Professor: Science says you have 5
Senses you use to identify and
observe the world around you. Tell
me, son, have you ever seen GOD?
Student : No, sir.
Professor: Tell us if you have ever
heard your GOD?
Student : No , sir.
Professor: Have you ever felt your
GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your
GOD? Have you ever had any
sensory perception of GOD for that
matter?
Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I
haven’t.
Professor: Yet you still believe in
Him?
Professor : According to Empirical,
Testable, Demonstrable Protocol,
Science says your GOD doesn’t exist.
What do you say to that, son?
Student : Nothing. I only have my
faith.
Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the
problem Science has.
Student : Professor, is there such a
thing as heat?
Professor: Yes.
Student : And is there such a thing
as cold?
Professor: Yes.
Student : No, sir. There isn’t.
(The lecture theater became very
quiet with this turn of events.)
Student : Sir, you can have lots of
heat, even more heat, superheat,
mega heat, white heat, a little heat
or no heat. But we don’t have
anything called cold. We can hit 458
degrees below zero which is no
heat, but we can’t go any further
after that. There is no such thing as
cold. Cold is only a word we use to
describe the absence of heat. We
cannot measure cold. Heat is
energy. Cold is not the opposite of
heat, sir, just the absence of it.
(There was pin-drop silence in the
lecture theater.)
Student : What about darkness,
Professor? Is there such a thing as
darkness?
Professor: Yes. What is night if
there isn’t darkness?
Student : You’re wrong again, sir.
Darkness is the absence of
something. You can have low light,
normal light, bright light, flashing
light. But if you have no light
constantly, you have nothing and its
called darkness, isn’t it? In reality,
darkness isn’t. If it is, well you
would be able to make darkness
darker, wouldn’t you?
Professor: So what is the point you
are making, young man ?
Student : Sir, my point is your
philosophical premise is flawed.
Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain
how?
Student : Sir, you are working on
the premise of duality. You argue
there is life and then there is death,
a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are
viewing the concept of GOD as
something finite, something we can
measure. Sir, Science can’t even
explain a thought. It uses electricity
and magnetism, but has never seen,
much less fully understood either
one. To view death as the opposite
of life is to be ignorant of the fact
that death cannot exist as a
substantive thing.
Death is not the opposite of life:
just the absence of it. Now tell me,
Professor, do you teach your
students that they evolved from a
monkey?
Professor: If you are referring to
the natural evolutionary process,
yes, of course, I do.
Student : Have you ever observed
evolution with your own eyes, sir?
(The Professor shook his head with
a smile, beginning to realize where
the argument was going.)
Student : Since no one has ever
observed the process of evolution at
work and cannot even prove that
this process is an on-going
endeavor. Are you not teaching
your opinion, sir? Are you not a
scientist but a preacher?
(The class was in uproar.)
Student : Is there anyone in the
class who has ever seen the
Professor’s brain?
(The class broke out into laughter. )
Student : Is there anyone here who
has ever heard the Professor’s
brain, felt it, touched or smelt it?
No one appears to have done so.
So, according to the established
Rules of Empirical, Stable,
Demonstrable Protocol, Science says
that you have no brain, sir. With all
due respect, sir, how do we then
trust your lectures, sir?
(The room was silent. The Professor
stared at the student, his face
unfathomable.)
Professor: I guess you’ll have to
take them on faith, son.
Student : That is it sir … Exactly !
The link between man & GOD is
FAITH. That is all that keeps things
alive and moving.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Seunzz(m): 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
To all Atheists...
Psalms 14v1: The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

To all Christians...
Proverbs 12v23 A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.

Proverbs 14v7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.

Atheists should know...
1Cor 1v25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Cor 1v27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty

1Cor 3v19-20. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Finally, why a Christian should Never Argue with Atheists...
Luke 8v10. 10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Elxandre(m): 12:26am On Apr 19, 2013
How would you explain to me all those pinpoint visions and prophecies that comes to pass in my church? undecided

The fact is this man never found the holy spirit..
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by sonickay(m): 1:25am On Apr 19, 2013
God is d uncaused cause, dis discussion might get nowhere as far as I see it. HE is d uncaused cause who has caused every other thing to exist....dats all
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Lenny5000(m): 1:34am On Apr 19, 2013
ooman:

Only a fool will let ignorance control him.

The whites keep the statutes in their museum and they call Them African relics. where do you get the idea that they worship them?

No one ever said christians are born with the bible. I was a christian myself.

Science is natural observation and our observation say that God does not exist and that is what am telling you. God does not exist-that is a fact. You are delusional.

Real Scientist and I mean real, will never put FACTS behind such a claim I have watched some of the best, Debate with Creationists and what they said is "We dont have ENOUGH facts to support the claim that God exist, they never use the words it is a FACT... By using thoes words, you lost every point you are trying to make... By using that word, you are claiming you know the source of everything in this world and every other Galaxy that exist. So where did the SUN come from? See I reside in the WEST like lots of people here on NL and have been here most of my life, so while I can understand some Westerners saying they dont believe in GOD, I personally find it difficult to believe there are true Nigerian Atheist because strange powers, occurrence that so many has personally witnessed...There are Dark powers, There are daily Ritual Killings...etc Also I have traveled to so many countries in the world and it baffles me to see people actually saying there is no GOD, truth is people are Lazy or just dont want to bother.. If you visit Indian, spend sometime there with their Mystics, Yogis, Sharma, you will understand that you can spend 10 life times on earth and still dont know anything about the world we live in... I have watched countless documentaries on these subjects and what i found out is, Western Scientist dont even wanna venture or Bother with these Indian mystics because they loose themselves and all their scientific stuff when faced with the reality of these guys.. What I believe is this, we have different types of what you would call Science.. 1.Eastern Science (Mystics, Yogis, Astral Travel..etc) 1. African Science (Powers, Ifa Divination? people who could take live bullets..etc) 3.Western Science (Which they teach in school) and this western science wants to be seen as the True and only Science... this is a big fraud and lie. Now like I said I have watched some of them with the Indian mystics on discovery Channel and I see them get completely lost.. I have sat down with people that came from Africa on foot, crossing the Sahara desert on foot with no maps, how do you think that is even possible? Maybe you should sit down and talk with them if you ever have the opportunity.... They will tell you how the Illiterate Mali or Gambia guys taking the across.the deserts without any maps. When they get lost in the desert which happens a lot of times, these guys brings out their beads..etc and starts chanting incantation, burning little fire and allow the direction of the smoke guide them... And this is how they cross the vast desert, such stuff should be filmed and documented ... sit with these people that have truly experienced the deep mysteries of life and tell them that you know for a fact that there is no GOD! Finally, Knowing, Meeting and Experiencing GOD is PERSONAL so nobody on earth has the right to call another a fool for believing because you do not know my experience just as I dont know yours. Let us all live with our individual experiences (while keeping our mind open without bias and be ready to learn) and live at peace with each other, someday we will all die and find out... But if the guy knew that he would hit another car on the road and pay a very heavy fine, he would have taken a car Insurance.. To some, believe in God, is a life Insurance... If he dies and find out there is no God, he loses nothing as believe in God cost nothing other than to love and treat your fellow man right.. And if there is God, he wins BIG and spends eternity in eternal Bliss... Stay Blessed..
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by heisenberg33: 1:51am On Apr 19, 2013
EUROBOMBER: This pastor turn atheist is confused and needs loads of help and these are my reasons for saying this:

You are most correct when you said this whole universe is like a game to God. I am a strong believer in science, and what man can do. I do a lot of critical and analytical thinking, and i believe in science so much. I admire the reasoning of atheists a lot, as most of them sound intelligent, but still in that intelligence lies a lacuna that begs for wisdom. The issue with most atheists is that they try to rationalize God and his actions, they want to explain God like they would explain some sub-atomic particles. I was thinking like this before, but come to think of it, if you were God, would you give your creatures ability to explain all the things you do??If we could rationalize God and explain him using human laws and theories, then he can not be God any more. There must and should be things that must remain mysterious about him. Why is it that when an atheist can't explain something such as why there is evil in this world etc, they simply attribute it to the non-existence of God or a wicked God? As for me, i think God is really having fun with the arguments going on this world, as to whether he exists or not, he must be loving it. Personally, i take issues with religious extremists (that is those who believe in God without wanting to do anything for themselves), and those atheists who trust completely in science and excluding God, i think these 2 extremes should be avoided. I believe in God and i believe in science too, i have done a personal research into these things and i do not believe God and science are mutually exclusive. God invented science and was indeed the 1st scientist, that is why most things in the universe obey fixed mathematical laws. Why then are people scared of marrying God and science??Is there a law that forbids belief in both?? Personally as a believer in God and science, i know science is a subset of God and as such should never be used to explain anything about God. But this should not stop us from believing in science to the extent our human knowledge can discover, but we should know that we shall always have limits as humans, because God will always make sure he is infinite steps ahead of us
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by victorv12(m): 2:48am On Apr 19, 2013
Christians believe in Science when it cures their Illnesses...But attack it when it exposes absurd biblical lies.

The plain truth is that most Christians lack the ability to "Think out" of the mental box in which they are imprisoned by the Bible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

The EXPERIENCE 2019 (Live Updates) / Difference Between Xmas And Christmas / Why History Says Jerusalem Belongs To The Jews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.