Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist (45032 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / The Council That Created Jesus - By Former Pastor, Ray Hagins / Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by means(m): 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
[q[b]uote author=Billyonaire]There is no evidence to proof there is a being called God. But there is a supreme force that Governs the Universes, that force or Energy, we are a part of. Chose to call the Energy - God, then you are theist, choose to just call it Energy and not God, then you are Atheist. God, as religion depicts, does not Exist.[/quote][/b]

I always respect your non-political posts!
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by signalpower: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
Even as i serve the Amighty God in this my present life, and later if i die and discover there is no God, i must tell you that i will be happy that living a Godly LIfe and relying on God was the best thing i did
THERE IS GOD, i see his works in my life.let scientist raise the dead just as Jesus did ,even using sincere men of God to achieve that in our time.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 2:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
ayenny02:
Deuteronomy 21:23
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shall in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

An accursed messiah, prophet and “son of god”?impossible! He could never have being killed and therefore he never “died” for your sins (thus no human sacrifice” and therefore no resurrection!

With all the crying and weeping of Jesus, Christians hold that Jesus was killed and therefore become “cursed” as a human sacrifice that “died” for their sin”. Is that how a loving God (your so called “heavenly father”) treats his beloved son? Do Christian fathers sacrifice their sons and give them up to save the wicked and those who have committed atrocities? Is it just to punish the innocent in the place of the criminal?

Deuteronomy 24:16
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
This is the word of God himself but yet Christians claim that Jesus came to die for our sins. If every man dies for his own sins then where does that put Jesus?

* If Jesus cancelled this statement by God then that means that God's word isn't eternal and hence can be changed right?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nwogbe: 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
naijaobi:
what if adam was black and eve white or vice versa?
Pls don't be a fool cos only a fool says in his heart that there's no God.
Pls be polite in your response. I am not the low life type. Can a black and white couple give birth to either a complete black skinned person or vice versa Just asking oo
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
Dude does sound very mad at God indeed!
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by basilo101: 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ayoakinkahunsi: Sorry
the first man that existed,what was his origin?
If God was created in the image of man
Evolution
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by drmat: 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
Your denial of the existence of God stem from the fact that you really never had faith nor belief in Him; and your so called christian background was mere gimmick.
Like you rightly said, "you can't disprove what you never really had peoof of." Sorry you never really had the relationship with your creator; now you can adopt the one you desire - satan.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
This is the word of God himself but yet Christians claim that Jesus came to die for our sins. If every man dies for his own sins then where does that put Jesus?

* If Jesus cancelled this statement by God then that means that God's word isn't eternal and hence can be changed right?
mr man u guys don't know what u are saying
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by chukiz(m): 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
cause I no Dat u are alive
you came to fix my broken life now
am save to glorify your holy
Jesus Christ

God is real. believe it or not

Ye be wise.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
Cultured: God ( Supreme Being ) exist , He's just ( variant ). I agree with most of what the author said , however,one of the mistakes he made was viewing God from religious worldview- I don't blame him much though , because no discerning mind can view God from the religious worldview without denouncing His existence . Meanwhile , the problem with people who embraces Atheism is that the lack proper words to defined God .

- To know about God's existence , one must imbibe freethinking ( neutral ) worldview
- Religion is the worst thing that has ever happened to mankind
- God has no rival - So , Satan exist only in the imagination of religious proponents
- God is Just ( Variant ) - This is the reason why we have good and evil
- Jesus was a great personality , one of the greatest men that has ever lived , but he's not God

"Just like destiny and opportunity - Spirituality is not by chance ; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for , it is a thing to be achieved ".

I'm spiritual .

Hello big bros ! Please , grant me audience I sought for , to enable me discuss something very important with you .

Thanks
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
Nwogbe:
Then why is part of the old testament being quoted in churches especially when it comes to tithe? I suppose that portion should have gone with d old testament as well.

New doesn't mean getting rid of d old but reformation
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by EnOuGh90(m): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
solidbroda: I would love if this nice write-up go up to the frontpage.
The fact that we have So many religion and even sub-religion is an indication that religion is a sham, fraud, MLM tactics and pure social control.
THe existence of God still get me confusing. but i don't want to believe all those write ups in the so called ''Bible'' because if it is Holy, why would they (elites) put Holy in from of the Bible.? Is it to use subliminal messages to control us into believing that it is Holy?
Reading the bible all through, you can see some mind controlling tactics and so much more.
Humans were the ones who wrote the bible, Quran ect for selfish reasons which are obvious till date.
Pastors soooo rich, religious violence and so much more.
I am not a christian nor a mulim, nor all these religious non senses.
I am who i am.
Don't say what u don't know if u don't know what 2say....''The Quran wasn't written by anybody''
Not even Prophet Mohammod(saw)...
Or may be u'v gat any proof??
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by mikeell: 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
Inova:
See all you quoted there are just stories my brother. They are only good for extracting morals. You go and fast for forty days and nights according to the bible and tell me if you will live to tell us.
The day you start asking questions and ur not getting reasonable answers you will then understand his point.
The man realLy made points there. You hav just chosen not to admit.

the fact that without religion the world would be in jeopardy still remains. but when it gets to the extreme its also not good. Why getting angry because you were taught to endure and be contented rather than strive and die for nothing is quite absurd
he talked about his mates using beautiful cars and him using a station wagon the truth is God does not help you work for money but he gives you power to make wealth. Knowledge is power the world of God teaches how to make wealth but obviously reading is not knowing so you might have read the bible a hundred times and still have nothing to show that is why we still have poor pastors as much as we have poor pagans.

Hell is a Mind control mechanism use by the ancient church to reduce crime in their time but here is the truth Jesus never preached hell yes he talked about the lake of fire but we know him he always speak in parable His main emphasis was the kingdom of God and how You can be there he never threaten any one with fire he even listened and pardoned demons when they ask him if they could go in to the swine he permitted them on this note we know that yes

God is not threatening us with hell fire neither has he created the earth to later empty it of humans since he knows the beginning from the end and vise versa but Has offered us joy and peace
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by myjobsfinder(m): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
Well thats good for him @ [size=20pt]http://leoweblink..com[/size]
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by vowiski(m): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
This is the first time I will use the word "END TIME" on public forums, I wonder why he has not felt God's presence. He probably was not prepared. I was worse than this OP at a certain time in my life. Was there any book I didn't read to question existence and the almighty God.

But when God callet, Who can say NO?

I do not believe neither do I agree with the numerous fraudulent doctrines and ridiculous teachings by some clergy-men, but Indeed God does exist.

They are a few of us who are willing to reform the entire church that mere mortals have manipulated for their selfish gains. THE ENTIRE CHURCH IS POLLUTED BUT WE STILL HAVE SOME PEOPLE(God's Temple)WHO WILL REFORM AND EXPOSE FRAUDULENT CLERGY-MEN.

My Dear, I type this under the authority of God, through his son Jesus that you pray for forgiveness and get back to your primary assignment of spreading the Gospel, not just the gospel, but the Gospel truth.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nwogbe: 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
pmc01: If there was no God or we are independent of God's influence, why don't we the liberty to choose when we will die?
U have the free will to choose when to die. If u doubt me just go and hug the transformer in your street. Peeps do commit suicide hope u knw ? Is their choice and they definitly knw when they will die.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by seye15627(m): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
kambo: ancient relic called a bible -- sweeping comments u atheists make.
"the bible is FILLED WITH LIES AND bla bla " -- ur not qualified to make this comment.
"all facts must be proven" - this is the favorite tripping stone of u atheists.
all PHYSICAL AND LOGICAL facts are/may be provable? right. but not all facts are PHYSICAL
the bible makes the proposition u /and self-deluding people deny that the WORLD is more than THE PHYSICAL AND LOGICAL DIMENSION- science which is your bastion can only comment on
issues subject to physical (five senses) and (logical) investigation.
Welcome to the new world - God is a spirit! You are a spirit , the devil is a spirit, and he wants your soul. which you'r giving to him without a f ight anyway.
Science , even if it wanted to cannot investigate spiritual phenomenom - because it is out of the realm of the five senses, it is out of the realm of the logical - , therefore it labels it MYTHOLOGY. SCIENCE, and the creed of atheists, goes a step further and makes a fatal logical error which you support: if it is not PHYSICALLY VERIFIABLE AND NOT LOGICALLY DISCERNABLE it is NOT REAL!! (THIS IS WRONG REASONING) . YOU ARE DEFINING ,reality as physical and logical substance - you are choosing your subset of reality - you ar wrong wrong wrong.
so much an appeal for science, a physical tool for determining a spiritual allegation -
a foremost logician,kurt Godel, proved that even science CANNOT discover all LOGICAL TRUTHS!!
WHAT'S WORSE - they're some computable problems in mathematics that cannot be discoverd by the best
tools given to man in any feasible time frame !! i mean (man at his best - will only know less of what can be known!)
yet in his ignorance , men go trying to disprove God with their shallow brains and tools.

In case you dont know it . The bible is completely logical.
if you cannot physically discern a phenomenom and you cannot logically deduce it. Then the only way, such a phenomenom can be communicated to you is supernaturally, GOD , inspired men by his HOLY SPIRIT to write the Bible - so that the things you cannot
know with you mind and 5 senses can be revealed to you in writing. This is completely logical.
if A blind man has never seen what a picture of mona lisa looks like, does that mean
that painting doesnt exists? - it just means he the blind man can't see it.
the only way he can prove the fact is to see it - but until he see it the only thing he can do is accept the description of it as told him by ONE who has seen it.
One day you'll see the spirit realm . But until then, you either have to accept the description of it as given by the Bible or reject it. the choice is yours.
God is real.

Cul! I luv this, Ummmmh!dis's a spirit of discernment.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by G12(m): 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
"By strength shall no man prevail"... May we never fall short of grace and may His grace be sufficient for us always. Amen
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by naijaobi(m): 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
Nwogbe:
Pls be polite in your response. I am not the low life type. Can a black and white couple give birth to either a complete black skinned person or vice versa Just asking oo
is peter odemwingie white or black??
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: mr man u guys don't know what u are saying
Is that the answer to my question?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
EnOuGh90:
Don't say what u don't know if u don't know what 2say....''The Quran wasn't written by anybody''
Not even Prophet Mohammod(saw)...
Or may be u'v gat any proof??

Wow!Quran written by anybody? I totally agree cuz animals can be taught how to scribble
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by naijaobi(m): 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by naijaobi(m): 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
@NWOGBE..read this www.afroromance.com/fyooz/white-mother-white-father-black-baby/

read the first comment under the article
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
mike ell:

the fact that without religion the world would be in jeopardy still remains. but when it gets to the extreme its also not good. Why getting angry because you were taught to endure and be contented rather than strive and die for nothing is quite absurd
he talked about his mates using beautiful cars and him using a station wagon the truth is God does not help you work for money but he gives you power to make wealth. Knowledge is power the world of God teaches how to make wealth but obviously reading is not knowing so you might have read the bible a hundred times and still have nothing to show that is why we still have poor pastors as much as we have poor pagans.

Hell is a Mind control mechanism use by the ancient church to reduce crime in their time but here is the truth Jesus never preached hell yes he talked about the lake of fire but we know him he always speak in parable His main emphasis was the kingdom of God and how You can be there he never threaten any one with fire he even listened and pardoned demons when they ask him if they could go in to the swine he permitted them on this note we know that yes

God is not threatening us with hell fire neither has he created the earth to later empty it of humans since he knows the beginning from the end and vise versa but Has offered us joy and peace

Mtcheeew jehova witness, hell is so real demons cook up stories to decieve more souls there
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by abolyem(m): 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
wow! Anoda mmisguided pawn. Tonnes of unsound arguments some consolation to them atheists. One thing this convert shud ponder is whether there is a Hell- cuz science cant help him here. If there is a hell then d devil will laff in his face when he discovers too late that d bible he mock'd at was actually true . Is d rapture going to occur!? If d bible is a farce then dats balooney but if d rapture occurs what will he say.. One world government, d mark without which no one can buy or sell all these are events foretold many centuries ago, if d bible is false and God dnt exist he can laff it off but if not he'd better pray tht science will bail him out cuz he'll hav a lot of regreting and teeth gnashg to do... Let him b waitg 4 everythg to make "sense" b4 he aknowledges God .. Abraham responded to God's call by simply believing God and taking Him at his word even when all was hopeless .. But this man is lookg 4 irrefutable proof . God gave abraham his word nothing more and God is giving this type His word only God wnt change principles for no confused doubter.. But d consequences of throwg his soul away so trivially is immeasurable.

4 Likes

o boy, u better wake up from ur illusion.
1. How can you prove hell is even real? have u seen somebody went dia and come back. Even if real, is wont be as was painted in the bible or quran because there are lot of exagerations there to even make it a fiction. All i have to tell you is that if u believe a law that says "Action and reaction are equal and opposite" then u will knw this is what karma too explain (what you sow you shall reap".
I know you will not see any sense in all what that guy explained because u will not be able to read those with a neutral mind of if u are not even a christian. i believe if u can read again without sentiment u will see sense in them.

if there has to be God truly, then religions do not represent God because what God shud stand for are LOVE and PEACE. But if u check wia these 2 things mentioned are missing, i tell u the source will be religion.

RELIGION IS THE PROBLEM OF HUMANITY (Religions will be seen by any sensible human being as Political parties that are using name of God to control power and economy)

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by chucky234(m): 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
Why am I not surprised by this well sewn devil fabric,atheists the world over are known documented derailed goons and nothing positive is expected of them.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by anonimi: 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
G.12:
"By strength shall no man prevail"... May we never fall short of grace and may His grace be sufficient for us always. Amen

Please stop day dreaming and get on with your work to earn an honest day's pay.
That is what the religions prescribe not waiting for some grace to bless you. It won't happen except some sucker aka mugu shows up so you can beg or scam him.

Why do you think manna that God gave the Israelites in their Bible story could not be stored overnight

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
abolyem:

o boy, u better wake up from ur illusion.
1. How can you prove hell is even real? have u seen somebody went dia and come back. Even if real, is wont be as was painted in the bible or quran because there are lot of exagerations there to even make it a fiction. All i have to tell you is that if u believe a law that says "Action and reaction are equal and opposite" then u will knw this is what karma too explain (what you sow you shall reap".
I know you will not see any sense in all what that guy explained because u will not be able to read those with a neutral mind of if u are not even a christian. i believe if u can read again without sentiment u will see sense in them.

if there has to be God truly, then religions do not represent God because what God shud stand for are LOVE and PEACE. But if u check wia these 2 things mentioned are missing, i tell u the source will be religion.

RELIGION IS THE PROBLEM OF HUMANITY (Religions will be seen by any sensible human being as Political parties that are using name of God to control power

and economy)
jehova witness have atheist notion of hell,funny u can't sit on the fence
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by tjfulloption(m): 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
Emusan:

Is this all what you can say?

What can you say to these?
I'm a native of Oke-agbe Akoko in Ondo state of Nigeria, you can ask any atheist in Nigeria to find out these story for you especially residing in south west.

There was a road that link my village to another village called OYIN. When they are about to construct this road a rock fall along the route where the road suppose to passed. The white man that constructing the road said "if the rock is being blasted the whole of this village would be wipe out with water because the evil spirit inside it is a spirit of water. In this village we don't have big river, or close to sea or ocean even about 3km diameter no river near us. Up till now that particular point is full of pot holes, if you like bring the whole asphat in this world and place it there in the next two-three weeks it will spoil again.

Another one, in 1995 something great happened also in my village along that road I was talking about just like 1-2km away from that very point there was a rock beside the road, (not along the route but a little bit close to the road) at that very point accident usually occur almost every week. Traditional rulers, christians, muslims are complaining and it was revealed that there was an evil spirit inside the rock but who will confront it, Nobody? Churches, muslims they begin to pray, the tradition people they do their own too. 1995 was the year that God save us from that evil spirit, what happened? Around 4:00pm it seems rain wants to fall, breaze up & down and the rain begins to wet the ground not up to ten minutes a powerful thunder struck and behold it hit the rock and pieces it. I couldn't go there but the people that went there says there was splashing of bloods on those broken stones. But there was a place you can stand and you will see the path that the thunder created anything along that path was removed being trees or stones it looks as if bulldozer worked there. That is how accident cease from that road.

Another one happened also at the main market there was a big three in that market though it's not the only tree there. It was revealed to some churches that this particular tree is bewitched it was thunder that uprooted this same tree. Surprisingly, under the tree we (I saw it with my naked eyes) saw pot, stove, spoons, bloods e.t.c because the tree has hole inside and the hole did not link to outside.

I was told about stories of thunder in that village too.

All these happened in the day time not overnight so don't think maybe it is people's handiwork and nobody knows that rain with thunder will occur that day.

I want your say because you said nothing like evil spirit & God.

hmmmmm, faaabu o, ko ma rose! cheesy
Emusan:

Is this all what you can say?

What can you say to these?
I'm a native of Oke-agbe Akoko in Ondo state of Nigeria, you can ask any atheist in Nigeria to find out these story for you especially residing in south west.

There was a road that link my village to another village called OYIN. When they are about to construct this road a rock fall along the route where the road suppose to passed. The white man that constructing the road said "if the rock is being blasted the whole of this village would be wipe out with water because the evil spirit inside it is a spirit of water. In this village we don't have big river, or close to sea or ocean even about 3km diameter no river near us. Up till now that particular point is full of pot holes, if you like bring the whole asphat in this world and place it there in the next two-three weeks it will spoil again.

Another one, in 1995 something great happened also in my village along that road I was talking about just like 1-2km away from that very point there was a rock beside the road, (not along the route but a little bit close to the road) at that very point accident usually occur almost every week. Traditional rulers, christians, muslims are complaining and it was revealed that there was an evil spirit inside the rock but who will confront it, Nobody? Churches, muslims they begin to pray, the tradition people they do their own too. 1995 was the year that God save us from that evil spirit, what happened? Around 4:00pm it seems rain wants to fall, breaze up & down and the rain begins to wet the ground not up to ten minutes a powerful thunder struck and behold it hit the rock and pieces it. I couldn't go there but the people that went there says there was splashing of bloods on those broken stones. But there was a place you can stand and you will see the path that the thunder created anything along that path was removed being trees or stones it looks as if bulldozer worked there. That is how accident cease from that road.

Another one happened also at the main market there was a big three in that market though it's not the only tree there. It was revealed to some churches that this particular tree is bewitched it was thunder that uprooted this same tree. Surprisingly, under the tree we (I saw it with my naked eyes) saw pot, stove, spoons, bloods e.t.c because the tree has hole inside and the hole did not link to outside.

I was told about stories of thunder in that village too.

All these happened in the day time not overnight so don't think maybe it is people's handiwork and nobody knows that rain with thunder will occur that day.

I want your say because you said nothing like evil spirit & God.

hmmmmm, faaabu o, ko ma rose!

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2013
chucky234: Why am I not surprised by this well sewn devil fabric,atheists the world over are known documented derailed goons and nothing positive is expected of them.
Really? So if I should go by your thought process then a disbelief in God equals negativity right?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
Proffdada:

Dumb nitwit!
Manna is a kinda fungi with day long life span,the miracle mainly is its existence in d desert @ that time n for it to last over sabath
Jesus would be so proud of you! You have replied like a true Christian should.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Nigerians Protest In UK Over DSS Attempt To Arrest Apostle Suleman(photos) / Dunamis Gospel Music Concert: Dogara, Sinach, Chioma Jesus, Nathaniel Bassey / Leke Adeboye Shades Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.