Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 (45440 Views)

Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by crisycent: 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
frederal: Is dt a masquerade-looking horrific

You are such a FOOL

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
nwando:

Clown ke
He looks like a mad man wey im madness don mature well well
It is called culture, you dumb! It is right their king must dressed that way. However, I can never allowed myself in this present generation to put on such costume.
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by isalegan2: 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
nwando: Looks like he must also stink under all those rags

Osisi/Babymama/Nwando,

You not only hate Yorubas and Muslims with virulent passion, you also hate all African cultural heritage.

You are hands down the sickest poster on this site.

If you really are a woman, I pity your children.

And if you are indeed in the health care profession, I pity your patients.

Seek help. You are mentally and emotionally damaged.

12 Likes

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by isalegan2: 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
It is too bad the Omo N'Oba bowed, but what do we expect; those racist colonial bastards tried to do away with that kingdom and many others.

But there is nothing wrong with his traditional kingly attire when you see it upclose. It is regal and resplendent.

Have some pride in your culture for God sakes!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by Rossikk(m): 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2013
32-D:

if na u person wan shake with this thorn-like clothes n garbage , u no go just wave am from afar? She try sef say contact dey

You're an absolutely worthless peabrain.

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by dominique(f): 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
Thanks for the history lessons maclovington, I learned a few things from this thread smiley
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by dominique(f): 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2013
isale_gan2:

Osisi/Babymama/Nwando,

You not only hate Yorubas and Muslims with virulent passion, you also hate all African cultural heritage.

You are hands down the sickest poster on this site.

If you really are a woman, I pity your children.

And if you are indeed in the health care profession, I pity your patients.

Seek help. You are mentally and emotionally damaged.

I agree, she really needs help.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by dayokanu(m): 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
It's not so hard to know those people who wake their fathers from bed with sliding tackles
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by Okijajuju1(m): 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2013
PurpleHouse:

you know nothing about History....... so STFU.....
she is the QUEEN......... QUEEN OF ENGLAND....
OBA of BENIN.....QUEEN OF ENGLAND.......

So what if she is the Queen of England?!

Does that make her higher than the Oba?! angry

You must really have a low opinion of yourself. Na your type we been dey sell give Oyinbo as slave for 1845.. angry

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy:
Abobi go jab and pay ur bills before U begin yarn okpata!!...no be you dey cry for the other post say UK bills don finish U?? Mumu

Go meet BlueArrow or Brookstreet for Highstreet make dem give U extra shifts...Ewu

Fvkc ya rasclart life, wasteman.

Ya people never had a culture, hence why you loathe those who had one... I bet ya ancestors were running butt-naked somewhere in the Ijaw swamps looking for fish to eat when Benin Kings were travelling around the world!!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by sazycul: 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
OBA GHA TOKPERE
ISE
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by spicyp(f): 2:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
Okija_juju: That Oba is a Biitchass!! angry angry angry angry

Why is he bowing to the Queen?! angry

He even left his palace to meet her at the Airport?!

She is shaking him with her gloves on sef!!

Yet his foolish Grandson would not even come out to see the President? angry

#Typical Nigga Mentality!! angry
No oba is not a bitchass,that's the normal warm welcome every individual is suppose to give he's or her vistor,and that gloove the queen is putting on has been a normal tradition since ages.
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by mafioso2(m): 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
Okija_juju:

You must really have a low opinion of yourself. Na your type we been dey sell give Oyinbo as slave for 1845.. angry

STFU...He had to greet her like that cos he was in her Domain.."Domain"..you can't just type rubbish because you feel like sometimes you ask questions man

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by gentle12: 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: I hope dem fumigate this Oba with enuuuuf insecticides and pesticides before e see the Queen? The guy just be like mobile sanctuary for rodents and insects... lipsrsealed

Farmer fit kukuma position the Oba for corn field as scare-crow...no bird go near grin

I cant stop to laugh my eyes out
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by blaqoracle: 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
Ufeolorun: Those who do not have kings or do have kings without history are out here in full force,yes the dressing is heavy but come on!
my brother don't mind these people who are both landless and kingless.how do you expect them to show respect to royalty when they have none?if it were to be one of their local chief that dressed like that,they would have praised him to high heaven as an emblem of custom. they disturb the whole nation with the celebration of new yam festival, yet they don't have.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by mafioso2(m): 3:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
To Ya'll Castigating the Oba for bowing to the Queen, first thing first She was the Commander in chief of Nigeria armed-forces as at that time, let me tell Ya'll i once argued with my Dad about this fotos and he explained to me...Incase you don't know that Photo was not in benin the one he shook hand with Prince Philip was when they came to Benin and he never touched her cos that's the Culture an Oba never get close to a Lady(Not A Queen)

And for your information Our Oba never visits anybody not even his best friend but this case was different she is a Queen for God Sake.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by sazycul: 3:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
frederal: Is dt a masquerade-looking horrific
you are such a big fool, this is an old bini culture, and this photo was taken b4 you father and mother were born, so shut up your mouth
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by Okijajuju1(m): 3:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
mafioso2:

STFU...He had to greet her like that cos he was in her Domain.."Domain"..you can't just type rubbish because you feel like sometimes you ask questions man

Does the Oba bow to greet the President of Nigeria?!

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by gentle12: 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
If the Oba is presented with the same opportunity again,I'm sure he would not opt for the same attire this time.
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by mafioso2(m): 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
Okija_juju:

Does the Oba bow to greet the President of Nigeria?!

Is The President a Monarch?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by sazycul: 3:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: I hope dem fumigate this Oba with enuuuuf insecticides and pesticides before e see the Queen? The guy just be like mobile sanctuary for rodents and insects... lipsrsealed

Farmer fit kukuma position the Oba for corn field as scare-crow...no bird go near grin
your father yanch, i don't think u have elders in your village talkless of a king, and dis photo was taken when you mum first miscarried you, so shut your fuckin mouth lipsrsealed

your father yanch, i don't think u have elders in your village talkless of a king, and dis photo was taken when you mum first miscarried you, so shut your fuckin mouth
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by mafioso2(m): 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
[quote author=sazycul]
your father yanch, i don't think u have elders in your village talkless of a king, and dis photo was taken when you mum first miscarried you, so shut your fuckin mouth lipsrsealed

Leave that Lost soul...Guess if the Oba was Wearing Gold and Diamonds they would have been screaming and loving it but since they have eyes they can't see just leave them alone....The Oba was wearing an attire filled with beads real beads which we the Binis are know for and those fools are spewing shit...anyway they don't even have history not to talk about Culture
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by mafioso2(m): 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
sazycul:
your father yanch, i don't think u have elders in your village talkless of a king, and dis photo was taken when you mum first miscarried you, so shut your fuckin mouth

Leave that Lost soul...Guess if the Oba was Wearing Gold and Diamonds they would have been screaming and loving it but since they have eyes they can't see just leave them alone....The Oba was wearing an attire filled with beads real beads which we the Binis are know for and those fools are spewing poo...anyway they don't even have history not to talk about Culture
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by Balkan(m): 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
One would mistake OBA for a masquerade coming to entertain the queen

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by cashmentor(m): 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
Okija_juju:

by their post ye shall know them!!
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by esanland: 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
Okija_juju: That Oba is a Biitchass!! angry angry angry angry

Why is he bowing to the Queen?! angry

He even left his palace to meet her at the Airport?!

She is shaking him with her gloves on sef!!

Yet his foolish Grandson would not even come out to see the President? angry

#Typical Nigga Mentality!! angry

Your thinking sticks. Stop making a fool of yourself calling yourself nigga. Did you think that makes you civilized, you acting like a ghetto animal? So, thats all you can learn in American being ghetto like. Shame on you if you making a fool of your race.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by Okijajuju1(m): 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
esanland:

Your thinking sticks. Stop making a fool of yourself calling yourself nigga. Did you think that makes you civilized, you acting like a ghetto animal? So, thats all you can learn in American being ghetto like. Shame on you if you making a fool of your race.

Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by pampy: 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2013
That is Awo in the black and white agbada o
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by Bondd: 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
The dude has inferiority complex sad
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by nmagirl(f): 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2013

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by mamagee3(f): 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
She looks very young here!!!
Re: Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Oba Of Benin In 1956 by dayokanu(m): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2013

That is the Number 1 man in the world bowing to the King of Saudi

It doesnt take much to know people who wake their parents up with kicks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Dark Skinned Women (thread Dedication.) / New Photos Of Olori Badirat Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Last Wife / Bunch Of Plantain Spotted With 'Juju' Tied On It To Scare Off Thieves In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.