Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... (2882 Views)

Hilarious Picture Of Girls Taking Pics In A Sexy Way / "I Love You" And "I'm In Love With You" What Is The Difference? / My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by marvelck: 11:05am On Apr 08, 2013
From what age should a man or woman be considered to be old? Is it when they are in their 40s, 50s or 60s? I'm asking, cos these days you always hear people calling themselves old men or women when they are only in their 40s or 50s. Especially here in Nigeria. Unlike abroad, where those in their 5os are still grooving and don't see themselves as being old.
Kris Jenner (the mother of Kim Kardashian), is in her 50s and having the time of her life. Same thing with our own Sen. Florence Ita-Giwa, who is in her 60s, but feels younger. Forget about the plastic surgeries both she and Kris Jenner must have done to look younger than their age. I'm talking about how they feel, because aging comes from the inside. It's usually how you feel, that reflects on your looks. if you feel you're old, you'll definitely look it. I'm always at a loss each time I hear a woman in her 40s saying she's old. And tend to feel she's no longer attractive. Why condemn yourself before the public. A lot of women in their 40s tend to develop low self esteem, cos of their age and 'fading' beauty. And also when they are approaching menopause. Most women usually feel by the time they get to their mid 40s they'd no longer be attractive to their hubby or to the opposite sex. That's why some of them go under the knife (plastic surgery) to look younger or good. But it's somehow funny, cos some of these gorgeous women are in their 40s. They radiate beauty and charm. They carry themselves well, and are ever confident. So, why feel bad or lose confident in yourself cos you're in your 40s or close to 50? Abeg, you're not old, but still 'very' young.
And as for men, we do have a lot of them who feel they are still young and tend to indulge in some of the activities meant for younger people despite being in their 50s. They do this, in order to keep fit, make their heart healthy, spice up their lives and also develop a positive mindset about life. Cos some usually become sober or depressed as they approach 50. They think more of dying than living. Worried about their family or the wealth they are going to leave behind when they are no more. This is suppose to be a period for them to have fun, love life, feel good, and also get closer to God. Instead of getting depressed, sober or losing interest in most things, you ought to go out there and have fun. Spice up your life too. Being in your 40s or 50s doesn't mean the end of the road for you.
Maybe it has to do with our culture or mentality. When those in their 40s start feeling they are old or less attractive. And the younger ones (especially girls) are not helping matters as well. cos most of them tend to see those in their 40s or 50s as old folks. They call a man of forty something or fifty, an old man. Can you imagine? And if you're in your late 40s as a man and want to date a younger lady, you're bound to be seen or referred to as a sugar daddy or an old man. Ain't those in their 40s part of the youth in our society. Why color their hair grey when it's not yet time. Biko nu. Forget that some people develop grey hair early these days. That doesn't make them old. It's how they feel or carry themselves that matters.
Please if you are in your 40s or 50, (either man or woman), feel good about yourself, be happy and love life!

2 Likes

Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by outrage: 11:25am On Apr 08, 2013
Show your pic naw! Na just to talk ne?
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by tpia5: 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2013
Most nlers who insult people on account of their age, lack home training.

Eod.

Could also be a sign of mental problems since most of them tend to display this even in their general posts.

1 Like

Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by AtheistD(m): 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
I agree that there should not be discrimination based on age etc but a 40 year old is no longer a youth. Doesnt it look silly when you go to clubs and see older women dressed really tacky and trying to outdo the younger girls. This new "COUGAR" mentality is really making the older women take things too far. Aside from that no reason why someone in their 40s cant feel sexy with herself and have some fun.
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by tpia5: 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
To the best of my knowledge, there's no policy in clubs stating certain ages are or are not allowed there.

The fact remains its extremely distasteful the way nlers tend to go on and on about age as if nobody in their families ever reached those milestones. They are cursed is what they're indirectly telling us.

As per older women acting as cougars, that is the concern of them and their sugar sons.

Do we not see their pictures here every other week when they're getting married to their 28 years junior, and do these same nlers not curse out anyone who raises objections to such unions.

If an older woman is gallivanting around under the impression there's something wrong with being the age she is ( maybe she's ashamed of being older), then those of you who are offended by the sight, can form your own age specific group and kick yourselves out when you reach the age in question.

As per the older women who are being abused here, well, hope you're happy being disrespected by a bunch of aging cockatoos feeling funky. undecided
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by Scarpon(m): 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
good achievement take am go collect money for CBN
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by tpia5: 4:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
When you base your entire life on physical attributes- everything revolves around the opposite sex and the deadbeats who know nothing else besides talking crap anyhow, why wont you consider "sexiness" a priority at any age.

No interest in anything else besides attracting the opposite sex.

Such a pity.

If some m.oron does not consider somebody sexy or attractive for whatever reason, including age, and so what?
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by tpia5: 4:21am On Apr 09, 2013
big hiss. angry
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by Nobody: 4:31am On Apr 09, 2013
Why tpia dey vex naw? All these bitter old women sha grin

@op: glanced through your post, too lazy to read all that. I'm sure you're sexy, do not let anyone tell u otherwise because of your age. Do what makes you feel good and see yourself how you want to be seen.

Ppl need to stop seeing growth in age or being old as a bad thing. To me, a 40 yrs old woman is old, so is a 20 yr old woman. We are all old, just that some are older than the other grin tongue
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by Walexz02(m): 4:35am On Apr 09, 2013
What is the Op thinking when creating this thread? Mtschew!
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by tpia5: 4:50am On Apr 09, 2013
Shollypopz: Why tpia dey vex naw? All these bitter old women sha grin

@op: glanced through your post, too lazy to read all that. I'm sure you're sexy, do not let anyone tell u otherwise because of your age. Do what makes you feel good and see yourself how you want to be seen.

Ppl need to stop seeing growth in age or being old as a bad thing. To me, a 40 yrs old woman is old, so is a 20 yr old woman. We are all old, just that some are older than the other grin tongue

this is what i'm talking about.

were you people not trained at all, or what kinds of homes do you come from where mad behaviour is considered normal?

must you constantly rain your ill manners and ugliness on threads, learn to act like a lady, save the bitchy talk for your female supporters and the deadbeat guys you hang out with.

in a context where you are not among your bitchy crew, speak with decorum.

your first sentence is exactly what i'm talking about. When these men start raining insults on you and calling you out, then you start catching i.diotic feelings, forgetting how you presented yourself at your so-called young age.
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by tpia5: 4:54am On Apr 09, 2013
these are some of the things your fellow nigerian men are saying about you:

just reading the comments here made by some Nigerian women ,i am so glad i married a South African woman. When it comes to beauty Nigerian women can't stand near South African women. I have lived in both countries and that is just the honest fact. Those of you Nigerian women who are mouthing off here should post your pictures if you have the liver. I bet many of you look like chimpanzees but here you are calling SA women ugly. Please prove that they are ugly.

FYI the picture attached to the OP's article is not the picture of the actual Nigerian wives who went to protest. That picture is the picture of the rural wives of the miners who were killed in the marikana shootout so don't get it twisted. Come to SA and see the goddesses we are married to with knockout hips, angel faces, juicy Bosoms and succulent azz not all this extreme lepa shandy you find in Nigeria who can’t even make a p.o.r.n actor's manliness hard because of how f.u..ck!ng ugly they are. Furthermore SA girls are odorless not like SOME naija girls whose bodies smell due to excessive bleaching. You all know i am speaking the truth so i don't care what insults you shell on me.

You are insulting SA women and calling them HIV positive women. Now here is the deal ,in SA they have a competent health system which carries out regulars tests and confirms how many people are infected with HIV.In Nigeria our health system just like everything else is sh*t ,no one really knows how many are infected in Nigeria. The health ministry is just guessing the number, the health sector is led by incompetent people so how can they know anything? They don't even have labs that can do DNA testing in Nigeria and the politicians don’t use Nigerian hospitals. I bet you if a reputable foreign medical firm is hired to conducted general tests in Nigeria ,it will be discovered that Nigeria has the Highest HIV rate in the world. Benue state alone is estimated to have 1 million infected. If one state has 1 million people infected what about the remaining 30 states? So please spare us the mumbo jumbo. I know how SA works and i know how Nigeria works.

It is only in Nigeria that Nigerian women have “mouth”, here in SA Nigerian women can hardly find men to date. Nobody wants them, they are usually ugly and lack personal hygiene.95% of the Nigerian guys in SA want nothing to do with Nigerian women. I can't blame them though ,it is hard to go back to a Volkswagen beetle once you have driven a Bentley continental. One thing Naija guys like about SA women is that they don't form. If they like you ,they will tell you straightaway that they dig you. Some of them will even woo you themselves or through a friend. They are not like most Nigerian women who like to form fake level and make you spend your last Naira before they even give you face.SA women take Nigerians guys out and pay for the whole outing, they are on another level. Abeg Naija women must waka far,SA women pass their level by 12 million light years.

isnt it nigerian men you're hoping to date and marry?
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by tpia5: 4:57am On Apr 09, 2013

Lmao @ the bolded... I never claimed that I was more suited to non-Nigerian women - I'm just giving these wonderful women props for showing me love and appreciating me for who I'm... and that's something most Nigerian women don't do, to be honest... However, it's better to call Nigerian women out from time-to-time for their excessiveness... Really and truly, most Nigerian women overdo everything and that's why guys are trying other options....

Also, women from these other countries tend to be more cultured and traditional than Nigerian women... and no matter how you look at it, that's every single guy's kryptonite... We all want to be catered to, pampered, and loved... and most Nigerian women don't exude these qualities... Nigerian women are most times rude, arrogant, and all-up-in-your-face type of women - ain't no one got time for that ish, tbh... grin

@ shollypopz and her likes

learn to look at yourselves thoroughly and yes, put a sock in it occasionally!!!!

everything is not about blurting out whatever crap comes to your brain!
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by Nobody: 5:00am On Apr 09, 2013
Hahahahaha Iya tpia, who stole your meat?? Cool down for Jesus, no one is fighting with you.

If u had made use of your useless preaching, maybe u would have a man and won't turn out to be the the bitter old witch that u are!

Read my post again, this time a Lil calmer, your rage is blocking your sense of reasoning.
Your post does not in any way exude class, your hypocrisy is even more disgusting than your self hate and bitterness towards young ppl.

My earlier post is not in any way rude, if only u can remove the stick in your eyes and read diligently. Don't pour your frustrations on me woman! I'm not the reason for your loneliness and the insults that gets poured on you on NL.
You don't know me neither do you know the guys I hang with, act your age ma'am.
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 09, 2013
When did this become a SA vs Nigeria thread??

I don't even know where this Ill-mannered cougar is from....

tpia, this thread is not about the failures and disappointments in your life. This thread is about the op, and her question is simple-Can and should 40yrs be considered old? Isn't the op Nigerian, what the fvck are you on about??

You are hollering and screaming for what exactly? Is it my fault u haven't had a man to service your rickety, dusty, old a*ss pussyy??
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 09, 2013
tpia@:

@ shollypopz and her likes

learn to look at yourselves thoroughly and yes, put a sock in it occasionally!!!!

everything is not about blurting out whatever crap comes to your brain!
Lmao, bitter tpia, me and my likes look at ourselves every time we have the chance, trust me! Unlike you, we don't hv to look at the devil's puke you call a face.

Get some manners, act like a grown woman and stop disgracing yourself.
You look pathetic attacking a girl half your age for no reason. What if Naija men make fun of you?? Who cares if life hasn't been fair to you?? How is that Sholypop's fault?

I know old age doesn't guarantee maturity but at your age and state, it would be expected for you to carry yourself with a Lil bit of class and not some area tout ready to fight every young woman that expresses a different opinion from yours or simply for her youthfulness.

Jealous b1tch, hating on young women will never make you happy neither will it make you any more attractive. Stop ranting and causing drama where its unnecessary.

And for your last line, it would do you a whole Lotta good if you heed your own advice wink
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by pleep(m): 8:36am On Apr 09, 2013
I am not attracted to women past the age of 27 unless they are Indian. undecided

Weird i know.
Re: I'm In My 40s and I'm Still A Sexy Woman... by fruityjojo(f): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2013
See op examples! Kris jenner nd Ita-giwa shocked. Epitome of immorality.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria`s Prettiest Soldier... / LESBIAN Needs Help / For Guys Only, Ladies Keep Off !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.