Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Margaret Thatcher Is Dead - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Margaret Thatcher Is Dead (44316 Views)

An Open Letter To Mrs Margaret Thatcher From General Olusegun Obasanjo / Watch Margaret Thatcher’s Funeral Highlights / Margaret Thatcher's Death Greeted With Street Parties In Brixton And Glasgow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 4:07am On Apr 13, 2013
So you rate her because of her "curtsy to Saudi royalty" and the billions of barrels of crude oil the country is sitting on, no And not the lack of regard/respect she had for the people under her rule?? undecided undecided You think she would have been respectful to the Saudi Royal if Saudi were to be another shytehole with zero resources. no??

You might ask Nelson Mandela what his opinion(s) is/are about her... undecided undecided

It just shows that she only cared about the interests of those put here there for selfish reasons!!

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by cap28: 9:54am On Apr 13, 2013
pleep: I dunno about her racism and all, ill have to do more research on that

All i know about thatcher is that [b]she was dignified enough to curtsy[/b]to Saudi royalty even though she was a million more powerful and important than they were.

That is the essense of humility, she was a real lady.

yeah she curtsied to the golden goose that lays the golden egg - Saudi Arabia a brutal dictatorship which beheads people in the 21st century - i wonder whether her grovelling had anything to do with the fact that they have the world's largest oil reserves ?

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by cap28: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
shymmex - a very interesting analysis of Thatcherism from a black british brother's perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuHpGWqj62s
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by cap28: 2:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
shym

another excellent analysis from the brother in the video above about how the british media depicts black people in this country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv8dRB63YPY
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2013
Great videos, Cap28..

Who's that guy, anyway??
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by cap28: 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
shymexx: Great videos, Cap28..

Who's that guy, anyway??

Glad you liked them - I came across his videos on youtube but i dont know much about him apart from the fact that he is very articulate, intelligent and into panafricanism.

You can check his youtube channel if you'd like to know more about him or link up with him.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 14, 2013
There is lot of activists on the Trafalgar Square under the rain causing mayhem. I am a little bit disturbed of the Brit dispositions about the dead. At least, they should let bygone be bygone.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:58am On Apr 14, 2013
all4naija: . I am a little bit disturbed of the Brit dispositions about the dead.

I respect them for it. At least they arent pretentious
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by debosky(m): 10:52am On Apr 14, 2013
Protesting against a dead woman who left power over 20 years ago - that's what happens when you chop belleful. grin
No protests against Blair/Brown who propagated similar policies for the nearly 13 years they were in charge. grin

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 14, 2013
cap28:
Glad you liked them - I came across his videos on youtube but i dont know much about him apart from the fact that he is very articulate, intelligent and into panafricanism.

You can check his youtube channel if you'd like to know more about him or link up with him.

Oh ok, bro.. The Pan-Africanism and Afrocentrism consciousness is spreading fast in the UK as well... So many black kids are starting to wake up from London to Birmingham and Manchester... They also do different symposiums and lectures to enlighten the next generation from time to time...and I've been to a few in Brixton and Birmingham... I'll probably send you an invite when next they're having one, bro.

Hotep...
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

I respect them for it. At least they arent pretentious

TOH, why do always go ghost whenever ya boy is trying to get some tekkers on you??

You need to come more often...
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by cap28: 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2013
shymexx:

Oh ok, bro.. The Pan-Africanism and Afrocentrism consciousness is spreading fast in the UK as well... So many black kids are starting to wake up from London to Birmingham and Manchester... They also do different symposiums and lectures to enlighten the next generation from time to time...and I've been to a few in Brixton and Birmingham... I'll probably send you an invite when next they're having one, bro.

Hotep...

thanks bro, look forward to receiving it.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by cap28: 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
debosky: Protesting against a dead woman who left power over 20 years ago - that's what happens when you chop belleful. grin
No protests against Blair/Brown who propagated similar policies for the nearly 13 years they were in charge. grin

watch this - it will help you :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqxxqKiltTc
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by coogar: 11:10pm On Apr 14, 2013
debosky: Protesting against a dead woman who left power over 20 years ago - that's what happens when you chop belleful. grin

it beats me.....
abacha's death wasn't celebrated as this in nigeria and i am sure thatcher wasn't as horrible as general abacha!
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 14, 2013
coogar:

it beats me.....
abacha's death wasn't celebrated as this in nigeria and i am sure thatcher wasn't as horrible as general abacha!

Must be talking about a different Abacha or a different Nigeria.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by coogar: 12:20am On Apr 15, 2013
naijababe:

Must be talking about a different Abacha or a different Nigeria.

people threw parties at the national theatre or tinubu square to celebrate abacha's death? oh please.....
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by naptu2: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
It's the subject of discussion on Nigeria Info FM at the moment. Is it right to hold good ridance parties, or is it a sign of disrespect?

The anchor just made the same analogy. She remembers when Abacha died, people came out on the streets and where dancing, but his funeral was more sombre and people behaved respectfully. I'm very interested in what callers would say.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
coogar:

people threw parties at the national theatre or tinubu square to celebrate abacha's death? oh please.....

If they could, they would have. But street parties were a dime a dozen. There even reports of people frying and dashing out free akara to passers-by in Ibadan.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by naptu2: 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
naijababe:

If they could, they would have. But street parties were a dime a dozen. There even reports of people frying and dashing out free akara to passers-by in Ibadan.

I'll never forget that day. I heard about his death around 2 o'clock, but most people had not heard about it then. At 6 o'clock (RayPower news) I heard a loud roar. People came out on the streets to celebrate. It was crazy!
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by naptu2: 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
Nigerians are very sympathetic people. One caller angrily told the presenter "Don't compare Thatcher to Abacha. Compare Abacha to Idi Amin and people like that".
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
naptu2:

I'll never forget that day. I heard about his death around 2 o'clock, but most people had not heard about it then. At 6 o'clock (RayPower news) I heard a loud roar. People came out on the streets to celebrate. It was crazy!

I won't either. I was doing my 'A'-levels and had bunked off my afternoon Chemistry class home early when I heard the news. I called my sister to ask if she'd heard, she put the phone down and said wrong number as soon as I said Abacha is dead grin.

It was the days of fixed lines and everyone feared Abacha and his goons monitored people's phone lines.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Katsumoto: 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
naijababe:

I won't either. I was doing my 'A'-levels and had bunked off my afternoon Chemistry class home early when I heard the news. I called my sister to ask if she'd heard, she put the phone down and said wrong number as soon as I said Abacha is dead grin.

It was the days of fixed lines and everyone feared Abacha and his goons monitored people's phone lines.

If only you attended your chemistry class on dat day, you may have passed your A levels and gained admission to a university. Instead you are selling meat at dugbo market. grin grin grin

If only.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
Katsumoto:

If only you attended your chemistry class on dat day, you may have passed your A levels and gained admission to a university. Instead you are selling meat at dugbo market. grin grin grin

If only.

Dugbo? shocked shocked shocked

I will keep my quip to myself and not expose your yansh this time grin
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Katsumoto: 10:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
naijababe:

Dugbo? shocked shocked shocked

I will keep my quip to myself and not expose your yansh this time grin

It was a small typo. grin

How would that have exposed my yansh? angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says / Man Arrested After Allegedly Touching Spanish Journalist’s Bottom Live On Air / Germany Bans Gathering Of More Than 2 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.