Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,393 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Margaret Thatcher Is Dead - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Margaret Thatcher Is Dead (44320 Views)

An Open Letter To Mrs Margaret Thatcher From General Olusegun Obasanjo / Watch Margaret Thatcher’s Funeral Highlights / Margaret Thatcher's Death Greeted With Street Parties In Brixton And Glasgow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Idowuogbo(f): 1:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
Red-Light:
that b1atch is dead cool
they should go and throw her body into soak away smiley
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
Godman_n:

Why won't they be paddies when they imposed him on us and used him to destroy all our productive capacities, our industries and our economy via SAP.

They tried the SAP thing with Shagari and Buhari and met resistance; until they brought in a drug-infested rogue called IBB and used him to destroy us.

Word... They also introduced the fraud and drug thing Nigeria is known for now to the country..

A lot of Nigerians don't even know that...

Ronald Reegan + Thatcher + IBB = Death of Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Symphony007: 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2013
The iron lady bows out!! No matter what anybody says, this woman was a great lady!! She was great!! She helped crush communism, she paved the way for female leadership!! She saved the united kingdom from collapes. She made tough choices to save a nation collapsing under it's own weight. Whatever suffering anyone suffered under her reforms was a necessary price to pay for the continual survival of the nation. History will judge her incredibly!!

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by ochukoccna: 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
Most people tend to live out their latter years in regret at actions they took while younger or in a position of authority
I wonder what her's was especially as the gtim reaper beckoned through ill-health
Too bad racists (especially white ones) tend to spawn faster before we can decapitate them
NL dee jay,please play MAKAVELI's White Man's World to celebrate Thatcher's departure

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
adaobi123:

LMAO ! I'll check it now.

Anyway, I'm done with Maggi - only Ronald Reegan beat that... grin

It's just a pity she had to die twice - one in life and the other by her haters on news media... sad

R.I.P Maggi!! wink
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by ishmael(m): 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
cap28:

Good riddance
to what? Complete d sentence; abi u dey fear? Mother apathied has gone to rest finally. Hope she finds a place to rest in God's kingdom.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by ochukoccna: 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
shymexx:

Ronald Reegan + Thatcher + IBB = Death of Nigeria...
And to think IBB's on death row too (healthwise)
They sure have a lot of catching up to do cheesy cheesy
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by FXKing2012(m): 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2013

1) Magaret Thatcher killed several civilians and innocent Argentines during the Falkland war.

2) She kept Nelson Mandela in jail; Mandela was only able to leave jail after she stepped down as prime minister. Little wonder she suffered stroke several times and died before Mandela.

3) Unemployment was at its peak during her reign.

4) She was vehemently against the reunification of East Germany and West Germany.

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by naptu2: 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
I remember her first visit in 1988. Babangida, who used a Peugeot 504 at that time, brought out the old Mercedes 600 Pullman (which was used by Ironsi, Gowon and Shagari and which is used during inauguration ceremonies today).

Security was tight, because Ife students had vowed to disrupt the visit (in protest against Mrs Thatcher's stance on issues in South Africa).

Admiral Aikhomu received her at the airport and took her to State House Marina, where General Babngida was waiting. They received the national salute, 21 gun salute and she inspected the guard of honour.

Although soldiers and policemen were able to prevent Ife students from getting to State House, they couldn't stop them from burning british flags on Awolowo Road as her motorcade drove by on its way to Dodan Barracks.

I suspect that it was during this visit that the secret deal to sell tanks to Nigeria was struck.

5 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Desola(f): 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2013
anonimi:

You should speak for yourself please.
She turned the British economy around by placing emphasis on productivity and entrepreneurship. Understandably the lazy loafers who are so dependent on government handouts would not like her.
Britain is much better for her administration and those with their heads properly screwed on their shoulders would wish she were PM now to take the drastic measures needed to revamp the economy that is now in doldrums again after many years of Labour handouts to lazy bums.
BTW, why don't you come to Nigeria where everyone is just sharing the Niger Delta oil wealth and producing next to nothing
RIP Margaret Thatcher, Iron Lady.

couldn't agree more!

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by cap28: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
shymexx:

Anyway, I'm done with Maggi - only Ronald Reegan beat that... grin

It's just a pity she had to die twice - one in life and the other by her haters on news media... sad

R.I.P Maggi!! wink

Remember how her statue was decapitated? This is how much she is hated in this country:

[b]On July 3, 2002, Paul Kelleher decapitated a £150,000, eight-foot (2.4 m), 1.8-tonne (2.0-short-ton), marble statue of the former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher on display at the Guildhall Art Gallery in central London.[1]
Having unsuccessfully swiped the statue with a Slazenger V600 cricket bat concealed in his trousers, Kelleher used a metal rope support stanchion to decapitate the statue.[1][2][3][4] After the beheading, he waited to be arrested by the police who arrived minutes later. He said on capture, "I think it looks better like that."[4]
The statue had been commissioned in 1998 from sculptor Neil Simmons by the House of Commons Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art,[5] paid for by an anonymous donor and intended for a plinth among statues of former Prime Ministers in the Members' Lobby of the House. However, the House did not permit a statue to be erected there during its subject's lifetime, so the statue was temporarily accommodated in the Guildhall.[6] It was unveiled there by Thatcher in May 1998.[1][7] Following the loss of its head, it was removed from display. Although it was estimated that the work could be repaired for £10,000, statue experts worried that it would never be the same.[4]
At Kelleher's first trial, he said in his defence that the attack involved his "artistic expression and my right to interact with this broken world". The jury, despite nearly four hours of deliberation and a direction from the judge that it could decide by majority, failed to agree on whether or not he had "lawful excuse".[3] He was retried in January 2003, found guilty of criminal damage and sentenced to three months in jail.[/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decapitation_of_a_statue_of_Margaret_Thatcher
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
These folks for yahoonews dey yarn sha.

Lewl . 24 minutes ago
"what a sad sad day, I know they are getting older and with time their stature will diminish however it is still so very sad to see these great and very strong people, not just leaders, pass on, these were people with great strong moral character and fiber so strong that no matter what side you were on they commanded respect and received what they deserved, we're losing these people only to replace them with what? a whole generation of people who can't keep their pants up or their hats on straight and think covering their bodies with so much ink and piercings is a more important statement than having the moral fortitude to do the right thing no matter the cost, we have no leaders with any foresight to the future and a path to choose they only think of themselves and what makes them feel good for the moment, Margaret and Ronnie send us down some good strong people to lead our children please, rest in peace great lady your battle has been won!"

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by tomakint: 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
Margaret Thatcher will be forever remembered as the 'Iron Lady' of British politics, I still remembered when she visited Nigeria during IBB's regime, where she said, 'Nigeria is an artificial creation of the British government' she remained a Tory till death!
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by cap28: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
Lets see if Cameron has the balls to give this woman a state funeral - I can't see the British people tolerating that.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Orikinla(m): 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
Farewell the first Iron Lady of British government.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by sakahalimat: 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
Y so soon we luv u, buh God luvs u more RIP magrt tacther cry
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by http(m): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
Good riddance
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
Thatcher na Friend to Botha and Reagan

Won fa gbo yooo

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Venchy: 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
RIP MAGGY but she's not "Popular" if you know what I mean to lots of people from the Nagative comment among my colleagues as well as the entire UK because she has Ruined a lot of lives.....

Legacy !!!, I wonder what legacy NIGERIAN leaders are leaving behind because good or bad will down the history.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by fiolaP(f): 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
RIP MAGGI
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
Gwan?? shocked

Bomboclart rudeboy, mi girlie Maggi afi dead?? Jah why ya do dis to mi bludclart self? Mi luv Maggi the iron lady, ya noe? And maggi know seh mi luv her pass mi rasclart ganja! angry

Da page ya a fi all a di Jamaican and naija dem who waan fi pay condolences to mi queen maggi.

Rastafari - Jah bless... Inna ah inna ah.. sad
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
isale_gan2:

Don't mind them, bros. It's the same sort of uncleTom Nigger mentality that's forever on display on NL for all the world to laugh at us. Self-loathing ignorant B.S.
https://www.nairaland.com/1250160/photo-queen-elizabeth-ii-oba/3

Gwan, girlie?
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2013
I've heard that she will receive a ceremonial funeral.

It's gonna be on our TV screens y'all
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
adaobi123: I've heard that she will receive a ceremonial funeral.

It's gonna be on our TV screens y'all

Alie?

Mi maggi fi get all that?

Finna get mi bludclart ganja ready fi that, ya noe? dun noe.. wink
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
R.I.P Iron lady!!!!!
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
She was great and she was terrible, it would be hard to find a more divisive figure of the last 30-40 years in British Politics. RIP
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Venchy: 2:36pm On Apr 08, 2013
ShymmexLion: Gwan?? shocked

Bomboclart rudeboy, mi girlie Maggi afi dead?? Jah why ya do dis to mi bludclart self? Mi luv Maggi the iron lady, ya noe? And maggi know seh mi luv her pass mi rasclart ganja! angry

Da page ya a fi all a di Jamaican and naija dem who waan fi pay condolences to mi queen maggi.

Rastafari - Jah bless... Inna ah inna ah.. sad

With all due respect, I wonder if majority of the people on this forum understand you.....lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says / Man Arrested After Allegedly Touching Spanish Journalist’s Bottom Live On Air / Germany Bans Gathering Of More Than 2 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.