Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,330 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! (2453 Views)

Ladies ; How To Identify A Potential Molester / I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family / Im Going To Nigeria This Dec, What Shall I Get For His Entire Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Mbechun007: 10:52am On Apr 09, 2013
I got a phone call from a hysterical mum who just discovered a shocking crime. She had gone to visit her daughter in school. Her daughter, a boarder, had attended a Sex Education class a day prior to her visit. During that class, the facilitator talked about the subject and also about rape - what it meant, who likely offenders were, signs he children should look out for and what those who had been raped should do.

She noticed her daughter was unusually reserved and with instincts only a mother can have; she asked if there was anything her daughter wanted to tell her. And that was the catalyst that revealed a story made for the world of fiction. Fighting the tears that spilled over her house wear, she told her mum everything. How a male relative from their father’s side who had been living with them for a couple of years had been sexually abusing her since she was in primary four.

It got worse.

Her younger sister was also a victim.

Amidst tears, her younger sister who had tagged along for the visit confirmed it was true.

With her husband who worked out of town not picking up his call, the mum thought to call me, someone who just loves children and happened to be close to hers.

I found myself trembling.

I entered my car and sped to the house; I wanted to be there when they returned to offer my support but most importantly, I wanted to be there to prevent what I felt would be the murder of a young man who deserved to die.

So it was that the younger daughter told me in graphic detail, how the abuse started and continued for so long; in her case since she was in primary two. Most of the time her mum, a homemaker, would be in the house cooking a meal or caught up with something in her room. Then her ‘uncle’ would call out to her to bring something- a glass of water, newspaper; something. Once she knocks on the door he pulls her and the object into his room and shuts the door. I could see she was clearly distraught. She would wring her hands and stammer and swallow and look at everything else but me.

Eventually the father picked up his call and was told the sordid news. His response? More investigation was needed. The accusation was too grave and he didn’t see his own relative, who he had brought in and trained and given a better life, doing what was being insinuated to his children.

The father came back home the next day and a meeting was arranged with him, another relative who lived around, the mum and the accused present. Facing intense scrutiny from all parties, the accused told a story that still chills my blood to this day. According to him, the rape was all a fabrication from a desperate woman. She was cheating and she knew he knew and fearing he would tell her husband, she doctored the children to frame him up so she could get him out of the way.

And boy, did it work?

In a cruel twist of events, the hunter became the hunted. No one wanted to know the details. No one asked questions. The ruse of rape was a good one but unfortunately, too grave to be pegged on an innocent, hardworking soul like the accused.

The incoherent ranting of the mum and her kicking and yelling was interpreted as signs of a woman who wanted to cover her shameless act. She found herself trying to disprove his allegation rather than the rapist disproving his. Narrating her story to me, I could hear the pain in her voice. The one place where she should have gotten support had swept the rug from under her feet.

The accused insisted they call the younger daughter and ask her side of the story. The poor seven year old was brought to sit in front of four grown ups asking if she had been abused and for how long. With her mother crying by her side and all three men barking all sorts of questions at her; it proved too much for the kid. After stuttering a few times, she broke down in tears.

‘There you have it’ the accused said. If she hadn’t been doctored she would have been able to tell a coherent story.

Defeated, the mum asked for her daughters be examined by a qualified doctor; the father agreed and made the necessary arrangements.
It was a nurse that came out first, crying.
‘Who did this? Who did this to your children?’
The husband hastily told her it was a neighbour.
And then the Doctor came out and confirmed their worse fears. Their hymen was gone and their private parts had bruising and showed other signs of continuous abuse, more severely in the case of the younger daughter who lived in the house, than the oldest who was a boarder.
It was then the father broke down, crying like a mumu on the floor of the hospital reception.

It got worse.

The children’s minder, a teenager who was brought from the village told her own story when they got back from the hospital. Thankfully, her assault stopped at waking up to find his hand under her sleeping dress in the night or him squeezing her budding boobs and bum when he thought no one was looking.

Shocked, the mum held her last daughter and cried. She said every time she bathed the 3-year-old, the girl would never allow her wash her ‘bum bum’. She would complaint about pain and only allow the mum wash it when she promised to be gentle. Out of fear of what she might find out; she didn’t mention it to the father and never arranged for an examination.

Faced with such overwhelming confessions, the adultery story lost its hold and the accused was sent back to the village where he came from.

He never admitted to the crime, never apologized and was never prosecuted. The father said it would bring shame to the family name.

Its easy to cast blame on the parenting skills of the mother for negligence or carelessness or for not being observant but if you have never raised a kid, maybe you shouldn’t.

Trust is good. Trust is also bad. The saddest thing that can happen to anyone is to think you are safe with someone and wake up to find you’re sorely mistaken.

©Naomi Lucas
http://naomilucas..com/2013/04/when-rapist-devours-entire-family.html
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by yamakuza: 11:46am On Apr 09, 2013
To think the mother was just a door away?

What nerve!

I think being too harsh on kids also contributes to this.

They are afraid to report problems to their parents, [s]and might choose solace in the arms of 'nice' uncles.[/s]
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by kay9(m): 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2013
@OP, your post is copyrighted. Is this story real?

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by baby124: 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sounds like a script. The guy for see wetin dem dey call "beating to just an inch of his life".
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
Mbechun007:
Shocked, the mum held her last daughter and cried. She said every time she bathed the 3-year-old, the girl would never allow her wash her ‘bum bum’. She would complaint about pain and only allow the mum wash it when she promised to be gentle. Out of fear of what she might find out; she didn’t mention it to the father and never arranged for an examination.

http://naomilucas..com/2013/04/when-rapist-devours-entire-family.html
What will you call this if not the highest level of negligence undecided
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by EzePromoe: 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
This is a lesson to parents. TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN YOURSELVES! Bringing in a Nanny isn't always the best solution.
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by gramci: 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
The enemy within

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by mysticgal(f): 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
this brings a sour memory,if i was to be in this position,i will kill the the accused go to the police and report myself,or better still......

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by yuzedo: 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2013
Read this earlier on facebook and her blog, omo, i just cold like deadi-body. MAD STUFF I TELLYA!

My prediction: This should be on Front Page in less than 4hrs. I give it 4hrs.

Shout out to the author, Naomi Lucas... Your biggest fan. kiss

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
.....And all the man of the house could do is send him back to the village??some men are not worthy of their manhood,you can't ruin my kids innocence and go scott free.This offense is to die for!!

Besides,I can't trust anyone with my kids in the first place.Mothers should be more sensitive to this awful possibilities please.

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Amigoz(f): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
yamakuza: To think the mother was just a door away?

What nerve!

Nothing stops a paedophile undecided

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
This guy deserves to have his balls yanked off, not cut, YANKED.

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Amigoz(f): 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2013
byvan: .....And all the man of the house could do is send him back to the village??some men are not worthy of their manhood,you can't ruin my kids innocence and go scott free.This offense is to die for

Word!
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by greatgod2012(f): 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2013
Being too simple is not good as a parent, but being too harsh can be more than deadlier to the kids. So, parents, lets all try to balance this.
May God help us all.

Btw, God forbid!, if this happens in my family, i wont mind going to jail for the sake of my kids, because, i must to kill that evil dude and i mean it.................but.........GOD FORBID!!!

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by GraceBestowed(f): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
The second in line to carry shame is that so called 'father'/'husband', he's nothing but a warm body in that family!

How can your girls be defiled, and you take it with a pinch of salt!?! HOW?!? This is sickening, and I'm disgusted by a man who can condone such depravity against his family!!!

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by taryour(f): 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
greatgod2012: Being too simple is not good as a parent, but being too harsh can be more than deadlier to the kids. So, parents, lets all try to balance this.
May God help us all.

Btw, God forbid!, if this happens in my family, i wont mind going to jail for the sake of my kids, because, i must to kill that evil dude and i mean it.................but.........GOD FORBID!!!

I completely agree with u madam. And as for their father I will make sure he dosnt set his eyes on those kids until he is ready to take the actions he ought to have taken.

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by greatgod2012(f): 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
taryour:

I completely agree with u madam. And as for their father I will make sure he dosnt set his eyes on those kids until he is ready to take the actions he ought to have taken.

and do you know, my sister, that there are some fathers who are just "father figure" in the house? such is the father in this case.
May God never let us end up with such a man as hubby/father.

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by taryour(f): 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
greatgod2012:

and do you know, my sister, that there are some fathers who are just "father figure" in the house? such is the father in this case.
May God never let us end up with such a man as hubby/father.

Amin o Jesu. Just the thought of him not doing anything could make the kids hate him and deny him as their father. I wonder what he would have done if his wife had reported to him that the same insane brother had raped her..
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
Even when I was a kid,I could still remember how our house-help molested me,and my brother,putting his d1ck in our bumbum,that memory get stuck to my brain,Never told anyone,first time am saying this out.only God know how many more kids,he would have tried that with.

Never trust a child in hand of anybody.

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by pomporiking: 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
This niccur needs to get his priorities straight?so ur wife and kids aren't family abi or your children who have been traumatised for life now are not ur daughter.
They better go seek professional advice so those kids can get help,cos if they grow up like this don't be surprised if they na po*no dem go do

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Winneygirl(f): 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
Truth is, most pple say nothing.
It's now dat we are adults, U hear it slip out. But whn it happens, most kids don't tell.

I am yet to understand why. U cant tell me dat kids cant report dis 2 parents.

I guess, as parents, U just have 2be observant. Very observant. Because no matter how close 2 U Ur kids are, there's d likelihood dat they will not open up if faced wt dis.

2 Likes

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Mbechun007: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
kay9: @OP, your post is copyrighted. Is this story real?

It is, sadly...
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Mbechun007: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
yamakuza: To think the mother was just a door away?

What nerve!

I think being too harsh on kids also contributes to this.

They are afraid to report problems to their parents, [s]and might choose solace in the arms of 'nice' uncles.[/s]

You actually have a point...

1 Like

Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Mbechun007: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
baby_123: Sounds like a script. The guy for see wetin dem dey call "beating to just an inch of his life".

Its not o.
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Mbechun007: 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ujujoan:
What will you call this if not the highest level of negligence undecided

Or just a mother overwhelmed by the weight of the crashing walls around her...
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Mbechun007: 8:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
Eze Promoe: This is a lesson to parents. TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN YOURSELVES! Bringing in a Nanny isn't always the best solution.

But the nanny didn't molest the children na?
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Mbechun007: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
mysticgal: this brings a sour memory,if i was to be in this position,i will kill the the accused go to the police and report myself,or better still......

Aw...
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Mbechun007: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
yuzedo: Read this earlier on facebook and her blog, omo, i just cold like deadi-body. MAD STUFF I TELLYA!

My prediction: This should be on Front Page in less than 4hrs. I give it 4hrs.

Shout out to the author, Naomi Lucas... Your biggest fan. kiss

Thanks yuzedo
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Mbechun007: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
byvan: .....And all the man of the house could do is send him back to the village??some men are not worthy of their manhood,you can't ruin my kids innocence and go scott free.This offense is to die for!!

Besides,I can't trust anyone with my kids in the first place.Mothers should be more sensitive to this awful possibilities please.

You know, that was the real tragedy sad
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Mbechun007: 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
fresh_dude: This guy deserves to have his balls yanked off, not cut, YANKED.

lol. Sorry I had to laugh, it's not funny I know smiley
Re: When A Molester Devours An Entire Family! by Mbechun007: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
Winneygirl: Truth is, most pple say nothing.
It's now dat we are adults, U hear it slip out. But whn it happens, most kids don't tell.

I am yet to understand why. U cant tell me dat kids cant report dis 2 parents.

I guess, as parents, U just have 2be observant. Very observant. Because no matter how close 2 U Ur kids are, there's d likelihood dat they will not open up if faced wt dis.

The fear of the accused keeps them quiet...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics: Funny: Mothers, when you leave Your Babies alone With Their Dads. / 49yrs Old Woman Slumps As Court Dissolves Her 21 Years Maage Over Childlessness / Hotel Address And Condoms In Your Wife's Bag? What Would You Do ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.