Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,454 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Real Nigerian Housewives Of UK: Prevent Skin Bleaching Affecting Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Real Nigerian Housewives Of UK: Prevent Skin Bleaching Affecting Children (1246 Views)

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta. / The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! / The Real Housewives Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Real Nigerian Housewives Of UK: Prevent Skin Bleaching Affecting Children by ell77(f): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
Hi Ladies,

I'm back again.

Watch the video in my link: http://realnaijwife..co.uk/2013/04/nigerias-booming-skin-bleaching-market.html

This post is perhaps going to be a little more interactive than posts of past. Today I would like to talk to you about an issue that affects all Nigerian women in Nigeria and here in the diaspora (as well as many other ethnicities).

I would like to talk to you about skin bleaching/lightening/toning! This is not a "how to" article although I may write something on it after more research. This is not a debate on if bleaching is right or wrong (this is debatable) nor is it a research article on the dangers of overuse/misuse. I can write about all of this at later date. This article is a discussion on the mindset behind bleaching/lightening and your opinions on how this affects families as a mother and/or wife.

THE QUEST FOR BEAUTY
With my focus on business and home economics you may be surprised to see me of all people write about something as trivial sounding as lightening or anything relating to beauty for that matter. But, I ask you, why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't a married woman, entrepreneur, housewife, professional, etc care about beauty and take note of the trends in lightening as a supposed beauty tool. After all we are all women, many of us have partners and those without would like to have partners who first of all see your appearance before they know your personality or character. Even in work and business how you look, from skin, hair to clothes and shoes makes a difference in your success as people perceptions of you are inextricably linked to your appearance also. So beauty is important to the majority (if not all) of us. Even those who do not care what men see them as physically become intimidated when met with a beautiful woman.

So what is our perception of beauty? If you look at the video, bleaching apparently accounts for the skin colour/texture of approximately 80% of Nigerian women and it even claims it is the most common place in the world for skin bleaching. Is this the Nigerian perception of beauty? Is this a statistic to be proud of?

For continued discussions and to follow my possible trial of these products check out:
http://realnaijwife..co.uk/2013/04/nigerias-booming-skin-bleaching-market.html
Re: Real Nigerian Housewives Of UK: Prevent Skin Bleaching Affecting Children by ell77(f): 7:30am On Apr 10, 2013
I'm updating the site, there should be increased functionality now.
Re: Real Nigerian Housewives Of UK: Prevent Skin Bleaching Affecting Children by divineappo(m): 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
Great

(1) (Reply)

Passengers Turned Against Mobile Pastor / Iyabo Obasanjo,no One Would Wish To Have A Child Like You / Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.