Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? (2876 Views)

Afraid To Be Intimate With My Pregnant Wife / How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? / How Long Should The Wife And Mother-in-law Stay Under Same Roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by MurderX: 11:35am On Apr 14, 2013
nep2ra:

You think there are Nigerian parents who would allow their teenage children take their boyfriends/girlfriends into the privacy of their rooms? I'm really intrigued by your liberal perspective.
You asked a question and I'm answering my bit. I can't speak for every Nigerian Parent. Sexual desire is a natural instinct, I didn't create it so I wouldn't attempt to restrict his/her self discovery all I can do is guide their understanding.
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by nep2ra(m): 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
Murder_X:
You asked a question and I'm answering my bit. I can't speak for every Nigerian Parent. Sexual desire is a natural instinct, I didn't create it so I wouldn't attempt to restrict his/her self discovery all I can do is guide their understanding.

It's interesting to see a Nigerian who takes a liberal stance on this issue as against the pseudo-conservative attitude of most Nigerians. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
i have already said on another thread on the same subject that: "if a child think they are old/wise/strong enough to do an adult act, then they should do so IN THEIR OWN HOMES (like most people do). my house my rules and sex is not permitted under any circumstances .......simply because I MAKE THE RULES!"

if a person raises their kids the right way, then chances are that he wouldnt come up with such dilemma as the one the OP brought.

funny enough i talked to a 16yr old girl working with me who has been having her BF sleep over (in her parents home) since she was 14 yrs old. i guess to each their own!

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by biolabee(m): 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
MRbrownJAY: i have already said on another thread on the same subject that: "if a child think they are old/wise/strong enough to do an adult act, then they should do so IN THEIR OWN HOMES (like most people do). my house my rules and sex is not permitted under any circumstances .......simply because I MAKE THE RULES!"

if a person raises their kids the right way, then chances are that he wouldnt come up with such dilemma as the one the OP brought.

funny enough i talked to a 16yr old girl working with me who has been having her BF sleep over (in her parents home) since she was 14 yrs old. i guess to each their own!

Sweet!!

25 Likes
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
Rudysmith?
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
ileobatojo: Rudysmith?

Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by coogar: 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
MRbrownJAY: i have already said on another thread on the same subject that: "if a child think they are old/wise/strong enough to do an adult act, then they should do so IN THEIR OWN HOMES (like most people do). my house my rules and sex is not permitted under any circumstances .......simply because I MAKE THE RULES!"

this is very harsh....
i intend giving my son his "independence" at 14/15.
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
coogar:

this is very harsh....

Will you allow the same liberty to your 14/15 yr old daughter too?

Why not? Is it not someone's 14 yr old daughter your newly unleashed son will be looking to sleep with?
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by coogar: 9:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
ileobatojo:
Will you allow the same liberty to your 14/15 yr old daughter too?

a teenage male and a teenage female are not the same.

Why not? Is it not someone's 14 yr old daughter your newly unleashed son will be looking to sleep with?

14 year-old? nah......he would be setting his aim higher.
most 14 yr-old boys are unwrapped by older chics - boys of that age are generally shy and inexperience to complete the square. cheesy grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
coogar:

a teenage male and a teenage female are not the same.

14 year-old? nah......he would be setting his aim higher.
most 14 yr-old boys are unwrapped by older chics - boys of that age are generally shy and inexperience to complete the square. cheesy grin

So how will you ensure he will not go unwrapping other people's 14/15yr old daughters? Any plans for that?
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by coogar: 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2013
ileobatojo:
So how will you ensure he will not go unwrapping other people's 14/15yr old daughters? Any plans for that?

of course.....
there are plans to make him stay away from jailbaits. the earlier you let a boy pop his first cherry, the further away from homoeroticism. i am too homophobic not to safeguard my son in that delicate age. the schools here are not helping - they have been telling kids not to feel weird if they see brian and pete kissing.
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
coogar:

of course.....
there are plans to make him stay away from jailbaits. the earlier you let a boy pop his first cherry, the further away from homoeroticism. i am too homophobic not to safeguard my son in that delicate age. the schools here are not helping - they have been telling kids not to feel weird if they see brian and pete kissing.

Bwaaaaahahahaha!! grin grin Oh dear lord!! You know what, just be going your way jare. I can't shout again..
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by coogar: 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
ileobatojo:
Bwaaaaahahahaha!! grin grin Oh dear lord!! You know what, just be going your way jare. I can't shout again..

i don hear you.....
mama biology - you are good at native/witch-doctoring but i am the guru of orthodox scientific methods. tongue
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
coogar:

i don hear you.....
mama biology - you are good at native/witch-doctoring but i am the guru of orthodox scientific methods. tongue

Of course.. The same orthodox science that taught you that allowing a 14yr old have s*ex is adviceable in order to prevent him from being gay, not so? You're a true guru I tell ya..Yimu.. tongue tongue
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by coogar: 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
ileobatojo:
Of course.. The same orthodox science that taught you that allowing a 14yr old have s*ex is adviceable in order to prevent him from being gay, not so? You're a true guru I tell ya..Yimu.. tongue tongue

it works like a genie in a bottle......
look around you and smell the coffee. the teenage boys would probably shäg behind you anyways so what's the pretence for? you can't raise today's kids the nigerian way in america or in the uk. 2 forces are at war with each other - the government and the parents. think!!!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
coogar:

it works like a genie in a bottle......
look around you and smell the coffee. the teenage boys would probably shäg behind you anyways so what's the pretence for? you can't raise today's kids the nigerian way in america or in the uk. 2 forces are at war with each other - the government and the parents. think!!!!

@ first bolded. The reason for that would probably be because you never equipped them with tools to resist the peer pressure and outside influences they are bound to face. You the parent are in the best position to lead your child the way you want him to go. Take advantage of the power you have and use it for good, instead of unleashing ho*rny 14yr olds into the world!

@ Second bolded. The government? Hahahaha!
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by coogar: 11:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
ileobatojo:
@ first bolded. The reason for that would probably be because you never equipped them with tools to resist the peer pressure and outside influences they are bound to face. You the parent are in the best position to lead your child the way you want him to go. Take advantage of the power you have and use it for good, instead of unleashing ho*rny 14yr olds into the world!

stop deceiving yourself - teens are getting bolder these days. what teens couldn't do 20-30 years ago are child's play for today's teens. no amount of preaching or equipped tools can guarantee abstinence. at least, i am sure he is doing it in a safe environment under my roof rather than bushpaths, public toilets and other obscure corners of the streets.

@ Second bolded. The government? Hahahaha!

who do you think teaches kids to dial 999 at the first sign of trouble? parents? when was the last time you had a chat with today's teens? i am the team manager of my local football side and i get to chat with these lads. the gems they come up with would make your nostrils enlarge........you would think you are speaking to 30 year-olds.
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
coogar:

stop deceiving yourself - teens are getting bolder these days. what teens couldn't do 20-30 years ago are child's play for today's teens. no amount of preaching or equipped tools can guarantee abstinence.

Not necessarily abstinence. Just delay till he is older and more mature.
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by coogar: 11:09pm On Apr 15, 2013
ileobatojo:
Not necessarily abstinence. Just delay till he is older and more mature.

when these kids are hitting puberty at 12?
all the local boys in my borough have had sëx, majority of them claimed they did at 12/13. facial hair, height and thick guttural voice to go with it. you are living in lala land thinking these boys are not driven by hormones. they are so ready and their female counterparts are readier.
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 16, 2013
coogar:

when these kids are hitting puberty at 12?
all the local boys in my borough have had sex, majority of them claimed they did at 12/13. facial hair, height and thick guttural voice to go with it. you are living in lala land thinking these boys are not driven by hormones. they are so ready and their female counterparts are readier.

So tell me again why you won't give your 14yr old daughter her independence? Afterall, she's 'readier' than her brother at the same age.

*this will go on forever won't it?* grin When will I learn?
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by coogar: 12:51am On Apr 16, 2013
ileobatojo:
So tell me again why you won't give your 14yr old daughter her independence? Afterall, she's 'readier' than her brother at the same age.

*this will go on forever won't it?* grin When will I learn?

because she faces greater consequences should the worst happen. with a boy, he's got nothing to worry about, life goes on. with a girl, life stops. cheesy grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
coogar:
this is very harsh....

indepen what?! if that is so then pls ask him to go and rent his own home and pay his own bills too (since you gave him his independence, lol). there is no such thing as half independence, if you are still paying for his bloody EVERYTHING, then technically you are his guardian.......and as the guardian, you make the rules!

if a child is taught about the DANGERS of inexperienced and underaged sex (and have their heads on their shoulders), then they are properly equipped against anything thrown out them in the real world. you are making it sound like everything out there is stronger than how you have raised your child to be, lol! if you did a proper job teaching&raising your lil prince and princess then you need NOT to worry about all the negativities of the real world.
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
coogar:

stop deceiving yourself - teens are getting bolder these days. what teens couldn't do 20-30 years ago are child's play for today's teens. no amount of preaching or equipped tools can guarantee abstinence. at least, i am sure he is doing it in a safe environment under my roof rather than bushpaths, public toilets and other obscure corners of the streets.

who do you think teaches kids to dial 999 at the first sign of trouble? parents? when was the last time you had a chat with today's teens? i am the team manager of my local football side and i get to chat with these lads. the gems they come up with would make your nostrils enlarge........you would think you are speaking to 30 year-olds.

You will be sure he won't do it in such places and how will you prevent your daughter from doing it in these places?
I hardly expect a reasonable answer after reading that you think that letting a boy at the age of 14 sleep with girls will stop him from being gay.
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 02, 2013
coogar:

this is very harsh....

May you be blessed by 3 daughters IJN
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by coogar: 6:40pm On May 02, 2013
nwando:
May you be blessed by 3 daughters IJN

no chance of that happening -
it would be 4 chubby sons waiting to cause mass hysteria in your area. grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? by lexy4me(m): 7:16pm On May 02, 2013
We all to a great extent understand and have experienced in one form or the other, the consequences of ineffective governing and management of our resources, this has led to severe outcomes as many families live in abject poverty, poor assessibility to the basic neccesities of life, power and water!!!!!of outmost import is the issue of POWER(electricity)......However, hardworking and innovative entreprenuers has made it a priority to resolve this long issue!!!! Welcome to the Generation of Inverters and solar electricity........REHOBOTH idealtec LTD is a company with the sole aim and passion for resolution of power issues....your family needs not bother about PHCN anymore, nor GENERATORS!!!!!!its for real!!!!! Simply install and enjoy constant power supply!!! We offer various installation packages for both Home and Industrial purpose!!! And for the month of may, WE are glad to announce our Light Up Nigeria PROMO......offering 20% DISCOUNT on all our packages........at our branches in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt and other Parts of the Federation.... For more inquiries Call: 08037969051;07045798908;07045196538;07045196536. ....Offers Lasts Till the 31st of May....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Story Of A Man Who Killed His Best Friend, Took Over His Brand New Car / Prayers For Our Children / I Need A Divorce From My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.