Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary (28274 Views)

Ameachi To Get "Ordinary" Chairman Of Amnesty From Buhari / Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets / Breaking News, Boko Haram Rejects Amnesty, From Abubakar Shakau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by KBrown: 9:54pm On Apr 12, 2013
“Surprisingly, the Nigerian government is talking about granting us amnesty. What wrong have we done? On the contrary,
it is we that should grant you pardon,” he said, listing what he described as the state’s “atrocities” against Muslims.

One cannot but marvel at the audacity of these group with the above statement. They are truly misguided. One of the basic teachings of Islam about RIGHT AND WRONG is that whoever is doing something right will never be afraid of people seeing him in the act but whoever is doing something wrong will never want people to see him doing it. If truly the sect believe that all their acts of killing and maiming of innocent people is right, why have they been hiding their faces and identities. They are fooling none but themselves. THEIR FOLLY WILL SOON CATCH UP WITH THEM.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by manya(m): 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
BH and FG amid their dramatic scene. Tell us who is your director!
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by ProfOwah(m): 7:37am On Apr 13, 2013
Hmmmmmm i no talk
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 13, 2013
I read somewhere the military top brass isn't happy with the Presidency as a result of the amnesty issue. I hope the usual suspects don't give our GOCs and Brigade commanders funny ideas
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 13, 2013
toksesho: I read somewhere the military top brass isn't happy with the Presidency as a result of the amnesty issue. I hope the usual suspects don't give our GOCs and Brigade commanders funny ideas
Frankly I think only a coup could save Nigeria. Nigeria is too unstable for civilian rule. The president lives in constant fear of everything, and acts according to who he fears most, not in the interest of the nation.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 13, 2013
patriot4:
Frankly I think only a coup could save Nigeria. Nigeria is too unstable for civilian rule. The president lives in constant fear of everything, and acts according to who he fears most, not in the interest of the nation.

I fear the Army in power would take us back to the dark days of August 27 1985-June 7 1998 - 13 years that set us back decades.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by don33310(m): 11:28am On Apr 13, 2013
You guys don't understand,Jonathan has no solution to bokoharam and he does not give a damn!what is thinking and doing now is how to win 2015 elections.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
toksesho:

I fear the Army in power would take us back to the dark days of August 27 1985-June 7 1998 - 13 years that set us back decades.
I just hope that that would not be the cace. You have to admit that the politicians see Nigeria like a business company, to them all that matters is money, and every problem can be solved with bribe.
A good patriotic army general would take power for 3 years and execute all the corrupt politicians, and sentence the corrupt civil servants to hard labour. And the general would change the constitution so that the next civilian prsident will have to follow rules that will make the country better.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
toksesho:

If a general increases the size of the army by giving training to our youths and makes them the reserve force, and if he creates imployment then there would be no security challenge anymore. But of course politicians will never do that because it makes the people too powerful and it requires the money the politicians keep stealing.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2013
Under true Fedralism it will be up to the people of the North to either choose democracy or to live in a State Governed by strict sharia laws

this is why devolution is the answer to most of our problems not amnesty.
Re: Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary by MiloRambaldi(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2013
don33310: You guys don't understand,Jonathan has no solution to bokoharam and he does not give a damn!what is thinking and doing now is how to win 2015 elections.

What can GEJ do about BH? When lots of people were asking for State Police, the Northern governors made it clear they don't want State Police.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/northern-governors-reject-clamour-for-state-police/121018/

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/northern-govs-reject-state-police-true-federalism-national-conference-want-increased-oil-revenue

If Northerners would rather not take responsibility to solve BH in their region, why really should GEJ or the rest of the country give a damn?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Retires 15 Generals From Engineering School / Obasanjo Dances At His 79th Birthday (Video) / Army Kills 25 Boko Haram Terrorists, Rescues 18 Persons (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.