Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,649 members, 7,844,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

She Is Not A Liability!!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Is Not A Liability!!!! (9654 Views)

Liability Wives / A Liability @ 30 / Mothers Stop Being A Liability In That Home Of Yours From Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Jide correctly diagnozed you. This is the voice of "a plastic lazy bone who wants to spend her own money on her self solely and hide under labor pains and drinking donut & bournvita after child birth and call it a duty."

I agree with you and I think the poster should have lived in 1888. She definitely has a very "traditional" mindset. She will end up marrying a "traditional" man, who after ten years of marriage will decide to marry another wife. After all, if all you do is cook, clean and wash, wouldn't you need a younger woman to help you. According to our tradition, a man can marry as many wives as he wants as long as he feed them finish.

I cant believe there is someone in 2013 who feels the only function of wives are to cook, clean, wash, have children and have sex.
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2013
Thanks Chaircover

A man works earn money to feed to housewife and kids But the money isn't enough, Now whats the solution, According to the OP: He should work more and more and more until he kills himself so that one woman can fulfill her "TRADITIONAL ROLE" of washing plates and clothes

So when the husband now gets stroke or falls down and die from overwork I hope you would be a Happy traditional widow. At least that time you would learn to work and feed yourself and kids or maybe the dead man should revive and work to feed you again
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover: How about if she has the best character but the husband ends up dying from a heart attack from working himself to death just to sustain his family because wifey wont work and relieve him from his financial burden

This childbirth we are talking about, 9 months pregnancy and a few hours labour is more than worth all the years of joy and love that child will give us. If anything its the men I feel sorry for, because they are the ones splitting guts to provide for these same children but most times the children tend to love their mums and are more close to their mums.

Many many men still go to work and come home and do chores, look after baby etc. There is no you and me anymore. Roles have merged and its a partnership and so if there is any woman out there sitting at home praying while her husband is out there killing & stressing himself to maintain his family, his extended family and her extended family on top because she doesn't have her own income, then she is a bad liability wife digging an early grave for her husband period.
Excuse me maam, but a woman with a good xter will definitely posses some very good home/money management skills. A good wife will definitely know how to help her husband save money. She will also be able to advice her hubby on how to spend money, how and where to invest. These are VERY strong virtues and something not all working women have.
Virtues that can and will most likely lead the man to wealth. So such a man has very little or no chances of dying from heartattack of working too much (as if you don't know that men with working class wives also develop ailments and die everyday!!!lol! Nice try!)
I'm surprised you of all people could not understand my point. I am not saying that a woman is exempted from working, I'm just trying to explain that there are other valueable things a woman can do that are just as valuable as having paid employment

1 Like

Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by dayokanu(m): 9:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Excuse me maam, but a woman with a good xter will definitely posses some very good home/money management skills. A good wife will definitely know how to help her husband save money. She will also be able to advice her hubby on how to spend money, how and where to invest. These are VERY strong virtues and something not all working women have.

And this has been proven that all SIT at home ALABODO housewives have these fantastic virtues? When we know most of them spend the whole day gossiping and watching Nollywood

Virtues that can and will most likely lead the man to wealth. So such a man has very little or no chances of dying from heartattack of working too much (as if you don't know that men with working class wives also develop ailments and die everyday!!!lol! Nice try!)

Why not use these fantastic virtues to make yourself wealthy? Abi is the woman exempted from being successful and wealthy? Obviously na mugu you dey find. You sef go out by 5am come back by 11pm while the husband sit at home and help you manage the money. LOL Monkey dey work Baboon dey chop

I'm surprised you of all people could not understand my point. I am not saying that a woman is exempted from working, I'm just trying to explain that there are other valueable things a woman can do that are just as valuable as having paid employment

Yes we agree valuable things like washing plates and clothes of max 6 people for 24hours, Even people that run canteen dont wash plates for 12hours

Its just a lazy and WICKED woman that wishes to sit at home while the husband slaves away
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by biolabee(m): 9:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
dayokanu: Traditional role of women

How many people live the traditional way?

You want to be a traditional housewife yet you dont sweep with brooms, You have washing machines, You dont go to market to sell, You dont wash plates with hand. So what are the traditional responsibilities of the wife?

To bear kids? So you mean any woman who cant bear kids is useless?

You bear kids for how many years of your married life?

If you are not married, what are your plans for feeding yourself if I may Ask?

Any woman who doesnt contribute to the house (Unless she is in school, sick laid off or mandated by husband not to) is a liability. SIMPLE

JUDGED!!
jidegirl12: @lemon whatever you are grin like that knucklehead Biolabee used to say: 'you're a learner', just shut it.

Jejely passing by
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by biolabee(m): 9:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Jide correctly diagnozed you. This is the voice of "a plastic lazy bone who wants to spend her own money on her self solely and hide under labor pains and drinking donut & bournvita after child birth and call it a duty."

What of kunu? cheesy I hear it's beneficial

Lolz
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover:

Character has nothing to do with a man working himself to stupor. One Naira is one Naira and will only buy One Naira worth of stuff, whether or not the wife has a good character, has good money advise, makes the house a home and can pray very well.

Sorry we dont get it . . . I certainly dont anyway. What says that I cant have good character AND still have an income?

Nope! A good wife can take one naira and save it, invest it, and make it grow to 10 naira!
That's what I'm talking about ma!
Sorry ma, but don't tell me you didn't see where I have been saying that I work. So you would have seen where I said that both working and non-working wives alike can be liabilities and assets. It all depends on her ability to turn one naira to ten naira
Chikena!

3 Likes

Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by biolabee(m): 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover: How about if she has the best character but the husband ends up dying from a heart attack from working himself to death just to sustain his family because wifey wont work and relieve him from his financial burden

This childbirth we are talking about, 9 months pregnancy and a few hours labour is more than worth all the years of joy and love that child will give us. If anything its the men I feel sorry for, because they are the ones splitting guts to provide for these same children but most times the children tend to love their mums and are more close to their mums.

Many many men still go to work and come home and do chores, look after baby etc. There is no you and me anymore. Roles have merged and its a partnership and so if there is any woman out there sitting at home praying while her husband is out there killing & stressing himself to maintain his family, his extended family and her extended family on top because she doesn't have her own income, then she is a bad liability wife digging an early grave for her husband period.

SwEet!!
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by kay9(m): 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sexylemon: Excuse me maam, but a woman with a good xter will definitely posses some very good home/money management skills. A good wife will definitely know how to help her husband save money. She will also be able to advice her hubby on how to spend money, how and where to invest. These are VERY strong virtues and something not all working women have....

^^
You know the most ridiculous thing about your statements above? It is that you are convinced that men need wives with ''good character'' to teach them ''to save money and how and where to invest''... And this is supposed to be a woman that stays at home and has never managed someone else's investments before....

OP, no offence but are you high? Since when did ''virture and good character'' equate with ''good investment skills''? Your reasoning has lots of holes in it, sincerely speaking.

1 Like

Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
this topic is making me laugh - madam poster - what exactly is your point.

oh yes Chaircover - which one is a few hours of labour - i was in labour for nearly 24 hours!! few hours kei
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by slimyem: 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nashville:

I agree with you and I think the poster should have lived in 1888. She definitely has a very "traditional" mindset. She will end up marrying a "traditional" man, who after ten years of marriage will decide to marry another wife. After all, if all you do is cook, clean and wash, wouldn't you need a younger woman to help you. According to our tradition, a man can marry as many wives as he wants as long as he feed them finish.

I cant believe there is someone in 2013 who feels the only function of wives are to cook, clean, wash, have children and have sex.
Believe it.They still abound.
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by dayokanu(m): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Nope! A good wife can take one naira and save it, invest it, and make it grow to 10 naira!
Sorry ma, but don't tell me you didn't see where I have been saying that I work. So you would have seen where I said that both working and non-working wives can be liabilities and assets alike. It all depends on her ability to turn one naira to ten naira
Chikena!

And only Housewives know how to save and Invest money to make it grow to 10naira?

Why cant this woman use this fantastic virtue to make money for herself and be a rich woman like Alakija?
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by biolabee(m): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
@kay9

^^^OUCH!!
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
I don't agree that ability to be pregnant and bear a child is the strongest reason for supporting stay at home wives but the OP has mentioned some stronger points over the course of the thread.

That being said, I could not personally be a housewife with no income waiting for someone to feed me everyday.

I will disagree with the assertion that the domestic duties of a woman have no economic value. Of course they do! If you were to hire different people to do all that she does, moreso for a woman with young kids, you might have appreciation for the economic value of the housewife. Some organizaions have tried to economically quantify the domestic work a woman does and it is no small amount. There are many families where one of the spouses decides to stay at home instead of working primarily because of economic reasons.
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Sorry ma, but don't tell me you didn't see where I have been saying that I work. So you would have seen where I said that both working and non-working wives can be liabilities and assets alike. It all depends on her ability to turn one naira to ten naira
Chikena!

A housewife who hasn't worked for years will turn one naira to ten naira. Lol. If she could, she would be earning a living working or doing business. She wouldn't be a housewife washing, cooking and cleaning.
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
ileobatojo: I don't agree that ability to be pregnant and bear a child is the strongest reason for supporting stay at home wives but the OP has mentioned some stronger points over the course of the thread.

That being said, I could not personally be a housewife with no income waiting for someone to feed me everyday.

I will disagree with the assertion that the domestic duties of a woman have no economic value. Of course they do! If you were to hire different people to do all that she does, moreso for a woman with young kids, you might have appreciation for the economic value of the housewife. Some organizaions have tried to economically quantify the domestic work a woman does and it is no small amount. There are many families where one of the spouses decides to stay at home instead of working primarily because of economic reasons.

The amount she save would almost be equal to the amount she drains from feeding her clothing her, taking care of all her expenses. So basically she isnt contributing anything to the household and not an ASSET
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by kay9(m): 9:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Nope! A good wife can take one naira and save it, invest it, and make it grow to 10 naira...

And she does this by being ''a good wife''?? Her good character, house-keeping, and money-saving skills will multiply N1 into N10??

Smh...

I'm outta here, abeg. grin
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by biolabee(m): 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
ileobatojo: I don't agree that ability to be pregnant and bear a child is the strongest reason for supporting stay at home wives but the OP has mentioned some stronger points over the course of the thread.

Sweet!!

And I think she has bEen given credit for this but to say that a mans role is to work and slave for his wife and it is his fault that he is not earning enuff smacks of unwholesome logic
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by kay9(m): 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
cotton101: this topic is making me laugh - madam poster - what exactly is your point.

oh yes Chaircover - which one is a few hours of labour - i was in labour for nearly 24 hours!! few hours kei

Eyaa. smiley
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by biolabee(m): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
dayokanu:

The amount she save would almost be equal to the amount she drains from feeding her clothing her, taking care of all her expenses. So basically she isnt contributing anything to the household and not an ASSET

Dayo not true
Baby care costs + cleaning costs + other things (medical trips) etc are not baby play o

Some people in the West deliberately tell their wives not to work for this same exact reason though my friends wives do courses and part time jobs etc
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by biolabee(m): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover:

. . . and when you look into your beautiful princesses eyes, do you still remember the pain? talk true ooooooo lipsrsealed grin

LOL some people still dey remember the pain o
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Aha! Not an asset, but not a liability! grin Okay, please close thread now.. grin grin grin
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nashville:

A housewife who hasn't worked for years will turn one naira to ten naira. Lol. If she could, she would be earning a living working or doing business. She wouldn't be a housewife washing, cooking and cleaning.
As long as she's not an illiterate, she can and she will turn one naira to ten naira if she is prudent by advicing the man on how and when to spend and invest.
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by dayokanu(m): 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sweetlemon:
As long as she's not an illiterate, she can and she will turn one naira to ten naira if she is prudent by advicing the man on how and when to spend and invest.

Most men who make the money have the knowledge on how to invest it.

Let the housewife use her knowledge to advice herself on how to turn her 0 income into 1000
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by biolabee(m): 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover:

Let cotton answer the question . . . are you a woman ni? tongue

Fair enough .. I have friends who still remember
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by biolabee(m): 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover:

Its a figment of their imagination cool wink

Okies cheesy
LOL
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sweetlemon:

So if she can advice her husband on how to turn one naira to ten naira, she should focus on that and earn a living as a financial adviser or investment manager. Not sure why you assume a man that works very hard everyday has no clue how to invest his money. And a woman who cleans and cooks all day is the best financial adviser in the world. So anyone that is not an illiterate can turn one naira into ten naira overnight? Gets even more interesting!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can U Marry A Lady That Has A Child / What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? / How Do You Choose Your Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.