Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,682 members, 7,844,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

She Is Not A Liability!!!! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Is Not A Liability!!!! (9655 Views)

Liability Wives / A Liability @ 30 / Mothers Stop Being A Liability In That Home Of Yours From Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover:

She doesnt have one naira to invest to make it grow because there is nothing to invest in the first instance. The guy is just about struggling to put food on the table talk less of having extra one naira to invest

Nothing personal oooo! I am not attacking you personally. I just dont agree with your arguments.
Oh really?
Well no, as long as a man earns something, I strongly, STRONGLY believe that something can be taken out every month and stashed somewhere for future investment.
Let me tell you something. There are some women who may not enjoy going to the office or doing doing their own business but they are very good at nuturing and standing by others, and boy do they do a damn good job at that!
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by kay9(m): 9:36pm On Apr 11, 2013
ileobatojo:
Aha! Not an asset, but not a liability! Okay, please close thread now..

Typo-errors don't count as arguing points! grin grin
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Oh really?
Well no, as long as a man earns something, I strongly, STRONGLY believe that something can be taken out every month and stashed somewhere for future investment.
Let me tell you something. There are some women who may not enjoy going to the office or doing doing their own business but they are very good at nuturing and standing by others, and boy do they do a damn good job at that!

The plot thickens

Some human are not good in working not good in running business but their talent is in standing behind others?

Then why cant she get a job as an Aide e camp or SSS or wetin dem dey call those soldiers and black boned guys who stand beside Fashola and Jonathan

cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Most men who make the money have the knowledge on how to invest it.

Let the housewife use her knowledge to advice herself on how to turn her 0 income into 1000
Not most men. In fact, just a few men invest their money. In my office, there are men who borrow money before the middle of the month. Many of them have working wives o! Many of these men spend large chuncks of their salaries partying every friday night and going out on saturdays. Don't forget many men have a weakness for electronics. Some just spend to impress friends.
Now this is where a good wife comes in, she can advise her husband on how to spend wisely. A good wife is also on the look out for investment opportunities, always wanting to know where she can buy the best things at the cheapest prices, buys things in bulks, and is a compulsive saver.
Now is this kind of woman not an informal bank/investment house?
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by dayokanu(m): 9:50pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Not most men. In fact, just a few men invest their money. In my office, there are men who borrow money before the middle of the month. Many of them have working wives o! Many of these men spend large chuncks of their salaries partying every friday night and going out on saturdays. Don't forget many men have a weakness for electronics. Some just spend to impress friends.
Now this is where a good wife comes in, she can advise her husband on how to spend wisely. A good wife is also on the look out for investment opportunities, always wanting to know where she can buy the best things at the cheapest prices, buys things in bulks, and is a compulsive saver.
Now is this kind of woman not an informal bank/investment house?

You mean the working wives of these men are not advising them already not to party, spend less

Why cant these housewives spend these knowledge to make money and invest it why do they have to give someone and not use it themselves

Like a poor man teaching people how to make money
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover:

. . . . Something taken out to save when he hasn't paid his rent or his kids school fees? I dont think so!!!

Yes maam, it is very, very possible to take something out before or after the school fees has been paid. Like I said, only a prudent woman will know the trick
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by armyofone(m): 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Oh really?

haha, like buying 1 tatashe instead of 2, 1 pack of oxtail instead of two, one pint of salt, one maggi instead of 2, forget kpanla/oporoko, too expensive eh? lol. Leave traditional/stay at home mom to white americans.
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
The wife can only advise and not force the husband to follow her advise, so whether or not she is the best investment manager or has the best character in the world, it doesn't matter. A wise woman will even get tired of asking the husband for money and look for a way to improve the family's income by working, instaed of asking for money for toothpaste, tampons etc. The husband will even be happier knowing that in times of financial turbulence, the wife has his back. so yes a woman that doesn't work is a liability.

1 Like

Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 10:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
dayokanu:

You mean the working wives of these men are not advising them already not to party, spend less

Why cant these housewives spend these knowledge to make money and invest it why do they have to give someone and not use it themselves

Like a poor man teaching people how to make money
Like I said, some women are good at nuturing others to wealth better than creating the wealth for themselves. While some can both nuture others and create their own wealth.
The bottom line is that they are both useful in their own ways.
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by dayokanu(m): 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Like I said, some women are good at nuturing others to wealth better than creating the wealth for themselves. While some can both nuture others and create their own wealth.
The bottom line is that they are both useful in their own ways.

Can I say there might also be some men that are better at Nurturing rather than creating wealth?

Let the man and the wife sit at home and be nurturing to create wealth and lets see what would happen

You think say you smart? Who doesnt want to stay at home and nurture instead of waking up at 6am to go find money

3 Likes

Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
armyofone:

haha, like buying 1 tatashe instead of 2, 1 pack of oxtail instead of two, one pint of salt, one maggi instead of 2, forget kpanla/oporoko, too expensive eh? lol. Leave traditional/stay at home mom to white americans.

Nope! By knowing where to buy 5 tatashes for the price of 3. 3 packs of oxtail for the price of 1. A packet of money instead of buying bit by bit cos bulk buying is cheaper than buying in bits
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Can I say there might also be some men that are better at Nurturing rather than creating wealth?

Let the man and the wife sit at home and be nurturing to create wealth and lets see what would happen

You think say you smart? Who doesnt want to stay at home and nurture instead of waking up at 6am to go find money

That is classic. We will both nurture each other and pray for manna. Can't believe she is still arguing. Anyway, poster, I wish you the very best in your future marriage. But before you marry I will advice you get an MBA or CFA qualification so that you can help your husband invest his money while cleaning, cooking and washing.
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Nope! By knowing where to buy 5 tatashes for the price of 3. 3 packs of oxtail for the price of 1. A packet of money instead of buying bit by bit cos bulk buying is cheaper than buying in bits

Some people are just used to suffering. Is there a law that says only housewives know where to buy cheap toothpaste. Goodluck to you!
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
kay9:

Typo-errors don't count as arguing points! grin grin

Lol grin Nice try. grin grin
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by kay9(m): 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover:

. . . . Something taken out to save when he hasn't paid his rent or his kids school fees? I dont think so!!!

Not some but many many people dont enjoy waking up in the morning to go to work but it has to be done. There is no father Christmas anywhere. I can nurture and stand by others and still go to work. Its called multitasking cool

seriously what good is a tired, irritable, stressed man to me? A man who comes back from working his finger to the bone too tired to even spend any quality time with me and the kids. A man who works overtime 24/7. Even if I am putting £100 down a month, that £100 means that he doesnt have to stress about where he is going to get that from.

Mehhhnnnn... kiss Damnn, woman i genuflect @ your feet! Na your comments dey still drag me come back this thread. Honestly.

Abeg, do u have a younger sister? Like seriously... smiley
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Lol! It's not about being smart. I'm not here to prove smart but to share my ideas which I believe will make life much easier for us with others. It's not by force to take them but at least give me fair hearing.
Men are mainly providers. That's why he must go out and work. Afterall why is he a man? In every relationship, one person HAS TO BE the head and the main characteristic of the head is to provide. Yeah sure, we are in 2013, but remember that some things are everlasting. Show me a home where a woman is the head and the man the nuturer and I will show you a man who has been jazzed.
Chikena!
So men and the head of the family need to go and work. That's is where a good wife comes in. He will need a good wife that can help him nuture the works of his hands (and she can also do this alongside her own)
That's what I'm trying to say
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nashville:

Some people are just used to suffering. Is there a law that says only housewives know where to buy cheap toothpaste. Goodluck to you!
Wait o! Are you guys purposely closing your eyes to where I have reapeatedly stated that both working and non-working wives can do these things or do you guys have some kind of allergy to new posters in family section?
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by kay9(m): 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
dayokanu:

grin grin grin Dis nurturing of wealth seems to be a rewarding career path...
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 10:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover:

But most women know how to scout for a bargain regardless of whether they are housewives or working. Infact I would have thought that people who go out and mix with other people are at an advantage of knowing where the bargains are. You wont believe how many money saving tips I have found out and shared with my colleagues
You too? You too cannot see where I keep drumming into your ears that both working and non-working women alike can be liabilites and non-liabilties, good or bad wives?
Are you allergic to new posters invading your territory?
Ok ok! I'm off. I believe I was able to change the mindset of one or two people and that is cool for me.
Bye!
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover:

My sister is a housewife tongue grin grin grin

ur crazy!!!

Madam CC the one I did today - free internet for a year and £250 credit towards my mobile bill - I am def not a liability grin
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
call them and say - i am thinking of leaving and going to sky/BT/O2 etc - they will put your thru to retentions team and ask what can we offer you to stay or what is the competition offering then they will either match it or offer a better deal.

my dear do you know about the cash back site that lets you link the cash back to your children's savings account(s)
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover:

We have already tried that with sky and got hd boxes free for 3 months and free installation plus 6 months free movies so f i try it again they will tell me to get on my bike and get lost grin

I will try it on my broadband and see what happens. Thanks for reminding me jare.

u need to be shameless like me - i have been getting deals on my broadband since i got it - when i took it out i demanded a deal - yes demanded (ok i was suffering from PND at the time so was a bit crazy) then last year i said i was jumping ship - got 6 months free and 6 months half price - then today I was like I will not pay the full price I want to go to US later this year and that flight ain't going to pay for itself so I called O2 and said i'm leaving you, going to sky (is it not now the same company? - lol) ok they said we will give you one year free and £250 credit towards ur bill - my dear I almost crashed my car in shock - i was just expecting half price for a year and this - chei!!!

i am def not a liability
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by kay9(m): 10:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
chaircover:

My sister is a housewife tongue grin grin grin

*suffers heart attack*

Please...oh please dial 991...
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by kay9(m): 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
cotton101:

u need to be shameless like me - i have been getting deals on my broadband since i got it - when i took it out i demanded a deal - yes demanded (ok i was suffering from PND at the time so was a bit crazy) then last year i said i was jumping ship - got 6 months free and 6 months half price - then today I was like I will not pay the full price I want to go to US later this year and that flight ain't going to pay for itself so I called O2 and said i'm leaving you, going to sky (is it not now the same company? - lol) ok they said we will give you one year free and £250 credit towards ur bill - my dear I almost crashed my car in shock - i was just expecting half price for a year and this - chei!!!

i am def not a liability

Chineke... See osho-free enjoyment. And mtn and airtel are here beheading us. This cut-throats must be seriously making a killing here in naija. God, i feel like crying. sad This is...OPROBRIOUS!!!
Re: She Is Not A Liability!!!! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 11, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can U Marry A Lady That Has A Child / What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? / How Do You Choose Your Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.