Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,589 members, 7,823,551 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? (4464 Views)

What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. / Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 6:15am On Apr 12, 2013
I hv come across sum ladies and guys sayin “I must marry from a rich family“. Some still believe dat love is blind wether rich or not. WOULD YOU MARRY FROM A POOR FAMILY?

Honest answer pls!
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 12, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
I hv come across sum ladies and guys sayin “I must marry from a rich family“. Some still believe dat love is blind wether rich or not. WOULD YOU MARRY FROM A POOR FAMILY?

Honest answer pls!
Why not? If I truly love the lady then what is the problem again?
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 6:29am On Apr 12, 2013
@ OP women no no love dis days without money attached to it!
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by Kevwyben: 6:56am On Apr 12, 2013
Growing up poor is not a sentence to eternal poverty. There are so many people who grew up "shoeless" and today are very rich it all depends on working hard to rise from the gutter.

So to answer the question, I can marry someone from a poor background who is demonstrating/has shown that he is leaving poverty behind (not political "earnings" -they are usually frittered away but wealth gained through honest hardwork).

Meanwhile wealth is relative, being able to comfortably provide for the basic needs of life should be enough for any honest person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by possibilita(m): 7:04am On Apr 12, 2013
looking at nowadays?there are many things to consider before marriage but background is not one of them e.g,love,education,character,and somethings about the gal,but this are questions you have to ask yourself before marriage.
1.do i love this gal?
2.does she have a character i can withstand?
3.how good is her education and can i help her on that?
3.does she have the same feelings i have for her?
4.if she don't love me now,will she ever love me?
5.is she a wife material and will she make a good wife?
Yes i will marry anybody from any background.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by Princeparix(m): 7:21am On Apr 12, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
Some still believe dat love is blind wether rich or not. WOULD YOU MARRY FROM A POOR FAMILY?

Honest answer pls!
my own love open eye like Segun Arinze come hold Torch incase of darkness
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:34am On Apr 12, 2013
I can.
But I once dated a biatch from poor family. Her mouth was wide & she kept asking what her father couldn't provide for her. She forgot totally where she came & saw me as a goldmine. I had to chase her when I realised how poverty has eaten deep her mentality.
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by AK481(m): 8:48am On Apr 12, 2013
I pity for all the poor shakara looking golddigger
girls wey dey find rich guys..hear this!!!
No paddy for jungle a.k.a olayiwola(money enter
money)
1.A poor man vs poor girl;you work together to build
your own from scratch
2.Comfortable vs comfortable
3.Rich vs rich(or king's daughter or billionaire's
daughter e.t.c)
That is why a dbanj will fucck you and engage to a
billionaire's daughter
A naeto c will fucck you and marry a well to do girl.
The only exception is wen he started dating you wen
he has shi shi(him neva get moni) e.g 2face n annie
Conclusion: all these shakara girl stop forming for us
wey neva hammer because wen we hammer we go
fucck u and marry own fellow billionaire or our first
or early love wey tander gidigba for our back wen we
never get.
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by LEvuls(m): 9:24am On Apr 13, 2013
Marryin from poor background menh for me itz very risky

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by Mamaflex(f): 9:40am On Apr 13, 2013
I can marry from a poor background cos, i can elleviate poverty.
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by greatgod2012(f): 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
Does coming from poor family means the person will also be poor, if not, then why not?? I, personally think character and prospect of the person is more important than his/her family background.

I married my man and hels from poor background, he was also still poor financially then, but very rich in character and prospect, 8+ years now and still counting, i've never regretted marrying him, because we've built outselves together, we've pooled our resources together, though we aint very wealthy, but now, we are comfortable to some extent, so, op, there is nothing wrong in someone marrying from a poor background, its the person involved that matters.
May God help us all.
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
Not everyone is intrested in rich arrogant PaPa dash me kinda guys.Yes, I married my man irrespective of poor background.Being from a poor background doesn't make you perpetually poor,it makes you A Man,a self made man.

There is always a difference b/w a man that made his money and a man living off PaPa's inheritance.
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by biolabee(m): 1:49am On Apr 14, 2013
always an epitome of wisdom.....

Most of our rich men came from poor backgrounds
Some even had no shoes

MKO for example sold firewood to pay his school fees
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by greatgod2012(f): 9:48am On Apr 16, 2013
biolabee: always an epitome of wisdom.....

Most of our rich men came from poor backgrounds
Some even had no shoes

MKO for example sold firewood to pay his school fees

abi o Is not better for one to first be poor and later become rich than for one to first enjoy and suffer later.
"ayipada eni ti ko lowo san ju ayipada olowo"...........so many examples full ground yakata for us like our country's president, baba Obj, MKO Abiola, etc
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by TableLeg(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2013
LEvuls: Marryin from poor background menh for me itz very risky
Why is it very risky?!
Look at your mushroom mouth moving, are you not poor?!
Ode!

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by dayokanu(m): 11:22am On Apr 16, 2013
Money or wealth is very transient

Go check all the so called rich men of those days and where they are today

Some women even left their poor husband to marry those rich men, Go and check what became of them today

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 16, 2013
I can marry from a poor background, as long as he loves me sincerely and he has prospects, he is hardworking, he has a job and a heart, why not? ... And if the family does not see me as a milking machine but have pride and dignity.. I will definitely love to marry from such family... Am not ready to be financial messiah for another family, when my own family responsibilities full ground, I still dey manage to keep afloat... That's the conditions involved, if I were to choose.
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
Yes... If he isn't still poor grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
for me financial backround is not a problem. i would marry a nigga from the gutter if there was real love involved because love is from the heart not from yesterday
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by greatgod2012(f): 11:11am On Apr 19, 2013
Amelian: I can marry from a poor background, as long as he loves me sincerely and he has prospects, he is hardworking, he has a job and a heart, why not? ... .

this is exactly what we are saying.
Re: Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? by vivianc(f): 11:19am On Apr 20, 2013
Its only on Nairaland that I hear this " financial background" non-sense. I don't hear about it in the real world, at least the part of the world I live in.
I'm from a poor background btw, and no body has ever bothered about that. I don't give a rat's azz about financial background either. I just believe together we would make our own background.

I'd rather stick to a poor guy with prospects than a spoilt brat who flexes his old man's money.

(1) (Reply)

Is He Secretive Or I'm Being Nosy? / Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. / Don't let this happen to your child! (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.