Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,014 members, 7,814,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry (2728 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus / To The Muslims, Why We Dont Follow The Old Testanment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 12, 2013
THIS IS WHY IT IS A SIN TO MAKE ANY GRAVEN IMAGES TO THE MAN. EXODUS 20 VS 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE. THIS IS WHAT JESUS IS. THE WORD, NOT THE MAN. FOLLOWING THE MAN IS IDOLATRY

REVELATION 19 VS 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God <<< HIS NAME IS THE WORD OF GOD WHICH IS THE BIBLE

JOHN 1 VS 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. <<< THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH. OK SO THE WORD SUPERSEDES THE FLESH OF THE MAN. SO TRYING TO WORSHIP THE MAN IS IDOLATRY. THE WORD IS WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FOLLOWING.

IN CONCLUSION-DO NOT FOLLOW THE MAN. THIS IS CARNAL. FOLLOW THE WORD.
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 12, 2013
Dis message don nak me akpako..

1 Like

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by ATMC(f): 8:07am On Apr 12, 2013
This is contrary to his words to peter. If we aint supposed to follow him why then did he tell peter 'follow me'. Again, he says he's d way to d father and that nobody comes to d father except by him jesus...paul says follow me as i follow christ, even paul did d 'following'...by the way, how can one follow jesus outside of d word of god? You err bruv
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 12, 2013
musKeeto: Dis message don nak me akpako..
WHAT IS AKPAKO ? SOUNDS FUNNY THOUGH
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by ATMC(f): 8:08am On Apr 12, 2013
undecided
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 12, 2013
ATMC: This is contrary to his words to peter. If we aint supposed to follow him why then did he tell peter 'follow me'. Again, he says he's d way to d father and that nobody comes to d father except by him jesus...paul says follow me as i follow christ, even paul did d 'following'...by the way, how can one follow jesus outside of d word of god? You err bruv
FOLLOW ME AS IN FOLLOW THE WORD. NOT THE MAN. THE WORD BECAME THE MAN.

JOHN 1 VS 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I DO ERR LOL BUT NOT ON THIS HERE ISSUE
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by ATMC(f): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2013
Judge in yourself can you follow d man without following his words?
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 12, 2013
ATMC: undecided
morning dear, I see u and ur *coughs* are up early this morning.. Please tame him for us grin
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by amanda2013(f): 8:13am On Apr 12, 2013
bt seriously mr obadiah are u a christian?

1 Like

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 12, 2013
ATMC: Judge in yourself can you follow d man without following his words?
ERMM YOU AINT SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW THE MAN. HAVE YOU MET THE MAN ? NO. BUT YOU HAVE MET THE WORD.

3 Likes

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 12, 2013
amanda2013: bt seriously mr obadiah are u a christian?
LOL YOU GUYS ARE GETTING HUNG UP ON TECHNICALITY. OK I IMPLORE YOU TO OPEN YOUR SPIRITUAL EYE. THEN STUDY THESE TWO VERSES

JOHN 1 VS 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

JOHN 1 VS 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

LET ME ADD ONE MORE

EXODUS 20 VS 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,

1 Like

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 12, 2013
Herein lies the mystery of GODLINESS...the body houses the man{ Spirit}. as JESUS THE CHRIST told HIS apostles to follow HIM, HE meant THE WORD, which HE embodies...Obadiah sure knows what He talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 12, 2013
ON A SIDE NOTE SOMETHING JUST JUMPED AT ME

<<< SAYS THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH AND DWELT AMONGST US. THAT WAS CHRIST

JOHN 1 VS 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God <<< AND THEN HERE IT SAYS THE WORD WAS GOD

HMMM COMBINING THE TWO DOES THAT MEAN CHRIST WAS GOD shocked cheesy ALL WILL BE REVEALED
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 12, 2013
PastelChic: Herein lies the mystery of GODLINESS...the body houses the man{ Spirit}. as JESUS THE CHRIST told HIS apostles to follow HIM, HE meant THE WORD, which HE embodies...Obadiah sure knows what He talking about.
THANKS HUN. FINALLY SOMEONE WITH THEIR SPIRITUAL EYE ON POINT.
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Mobsync(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2013
And what do you mean by "don't follow Jesus?"... Is he on twitter?
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 12, 2013
obadiah777: ON A SIDE NOTE SOMETHING JUST JUMPED AT ME

<<< SAYS THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH AND DWELT AMONGST US. THAT WAS CHRIST

JOHN 1 VS 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God <<< AND THEN HERE IT SAYS THE WORD WAS GOD

HMMM COMBINING THE TWO DOES THAT MEAN CHRIST WAS GOD shocked cheesy ALL WILL BE REVEALED
..YES, THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS GOD ALMIGHTY...Who else can claim to be THE ALPHA AND OMEGA, I AM?...Remember Jesus Christ the same Yesterday, Today and Forevermore.. + check out 1 Timothy 3 vs 16.

1 Like

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by ATMC(f): 8:45am On Apr 12, 2013
musKeeto:
morning dear, I see u and ur *coughs* are up early this morning.. Please tame him for us grin
to dt effect, obadiah you got mail *wink*
Btw how your exams going? What is akpako? Abi you ma no know and come dey use am because some peep dey use am kwo?
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2013
ATMC: to dt effect, obadiah you got mail *wink*
Btw how your exams going? What is akpako? Abi you ma no know and come dey use am because some peep dey use am kwo?
Cool. Done with first paper. Next is tomorrow.

Nak me akpako means the message sunk in. Not sure its the same meaning Terry G had in mind.
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by ATMC(f): 8:59am On Apr 12, 2013
I see. How many more to go?
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Joagbaje(m): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2013
@op
Let bible speak

1 Corinthians 11:1
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
Mobsync: And what do you mean by "don't follow Jesus?"... Is he on twitter?
LMAO YOU GOT JOKES BRUV
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
PastelChic: ..YES, THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS GOD ALMIGHTY...Who else can claim to be THE ALPHA AND OMEGA, I AM?...Remember Jesus Christ the same Yesterday, Today and Forevermore.. + check out 1 Timothy 3 vs 16.
HMM HMM HMMM THAT WAS A HOT VERSE. STRAIGHT TO THE POINT. THE 1 TIMOTHY 3 VS 16.
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by alfaman2: 12:13pm On Apr 12, 2013

ol boy the thing do me knock out.
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
ATMC: to dt effect, obadiah you got mail *wink*
FLY ENTER YA EYE ? LOL
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2013
Joagbaje: @op
Let bible speak

OGA JO HE AINT FOLLOWING THE CHRIST THE MAN. THATS CARNAL. THE MAN IS JUST THE TEMPLE OF THE WORD.

JOHN 1 VS 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. <<<< THATS THE CHRIST HE IS FOLLOWING. THE WORD. WHEN YOU GO TO CHURCH ARE YOU WORSHIPPING THE BUILDING ?
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by alfaman2: 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2013
Joagbaje: @op
Let bible speak

Does the bolded mean christians should start following Paul as well?

Where would the follow follow stop?

I think Paul meant follow his words as he follows those of Christ.

I think Obadiah has a point.

1 Like

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
frosbel2:
why you look like you are confused ? lmao
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
alfaman2:

appreciate bruv. you need to come on this side bruv. you have too much scriptural understanding to be an atheist.
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by alfaman2: 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
obadiah777: appreciate bruv. you need to come on this side bruv. you have too much scriptural understanding to be an atheist.

I am atheist/Satanist because I have scriptural understanding. When I start lacking understanding, I might rebecome a christian.
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2013
alfaman2:

I am atheist/Satanist because I have scriptural understanding. When I start lacking understanding, I might rebecome a christian.
lmao. suit yourself bruv. a satanist ? more power to you bruv grin
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Joagbaje(m): 6:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
alfaman2:

Following is living by the teaching of such. Jesus reveals revelations of truth to his ministers .following the teaching is followership.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mosques Why Do Women Sit Behind Men / Fraudstar On Face Book Impersonating Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka / Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.