Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,577 members, 7,837,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry (2736 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus / To The Muslims, Why We Dont Follow The Old Testanment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by greatgenius: 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
alfaman2:

The bolded says it all.
what's your point .. what she can't be honest? You think being an atheist is better than being a Christian? You are just as lost as a Christian my friend
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by FromGuiriga(m): 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
obadiah777: THE WORDTHE ALMIGHTY KJV BRUV. THE SHARPEST TWO EDGED SWORD IN THE BUSINESS. CAN CUT THROUGH GRANITE ( HEBREWS 4 VS 12 ) cheesy

There is nothing Almighty about KJV (in my opinion). It's just a a translation/compilation of books. In fact this compilation of books you call Almighty KJV is continually being revised. There are lots of verses that are in your Almighty KJV but if you look at the foot note those verses are omitted. Further more, the current KJV does not include the Apocrypha, books that were in the 1611 bible.

When Hebrews 4:12 was written the KJV was not even compiled yet. So, the Almighty KJV was not Almighty then? It's just problems all the way.
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by FromGuiriga(m): 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2013
obadiah777: HE IS THE FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION ? EASILY EXPLAINED. >>>> JOHN 1 VS 1 In the beginning was the Word >>>> SO THE WORD IS THE FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION. AND THE WORD BECAME >>> JOHN 1 VS 14 The Word became flesh <<< AND THE FLESH WAS CHRIST. PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER, CHRIST IS THE FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION wink

Anything eternal CANNOT be a firstborn of any creation. By it's very definition, eternal is ever existing. I mean, anything created is a creation of someone or something else.

The word became flesh but the word was not "The God" the word was "Godly" You can do research on John 1:1 if you like. I'm no Greek scholar to give anyone lessons.
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
obadiah777: PEEP GAME >>> JEREMIAH 17 VS 9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

If you must follow the bible,be prepared to condole stoning kids to death,offering animal or human sacrifies to please "god". Obadiah777 its about time you grew up and start reasoning beyond the bible. People who reason like you do not move forward,they keep re incarnating to this planet because they are yet to be themselves. Shiit if you have to,lie if you have to,do good thing because you want tonot because a book says so. That way you can learn to be more of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
ifeness:

If you must follow the bible,be prepared to condole stoning kids to death,offering animal or human sacrifies to please "god". Obadiah777 its about time you grew up and start reasoning beyond the bible. People who reason like you do not move forward,they keep re incarnating to this planet because they are yet to be themselves. Shiit if you have to,lie if you have to,do good thing because you want tonot because a book says so. That way you can learn to be more of yourself.
TOO MANY SCOFFERS
1-STONING KIDS TO DEATH MEANS REBUKING KIDS TILL THEY DIE TO THEIR WICKEDNESS ( JOHN 11 VS 8 FOR PRECEPT TO STONING )
2-SACRIFICES OR SHEDDING OF BLOOD MEANS KILLING YOUR OLD SELF
3-YES I WILL KEEP REINCARNATING BACK TO THIS PLANET. IT IS THE CYCLE OF LIFE
4-NOBODY WANTS TO DO GOOD THINGS BECAUSE THEY WANT. I JUST QUOTED YOU A VERSE ABOUT THE HEART OF MEN undecided

IFENESS YOU DONE HAD YOUR FUN NOW. ITS TIME TO GET OUT OF THAT FOOLISHNESS CALLED ATHEISM. YOU DONE DID YOUR LIL THING, HAD YOUR LIL FUN, NOW ITS TIME TO GROW UP BRUV. YOU CANT KEEP ROAMING THESE STREETS LIKE A HEADLESS CHICKEN WITH NO DIIRECTION angry
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
obadiah777: TOO MANY SCOFFERS
1-STONING KIDS TO DEATH MEANS REBUKING KIDS TILL THEY DIE TO THEIR WICKEDNESS ( JOHN 11 VS 8 FOR PRECEPT TO STONING )
2-SACRIFICES OR SHEDDING OF BLOOD MEANS KILLING YOUR OLD SELF
3-YES I WILL KEEP REINCARNATING BACK TO THIS PLANET. IT IS THE CYCLE OF LIFE
4-NOBODY WANTS TO DO GOOD THINGS BECAUSE THEY WANT. I JUST QUOTED YOU A VERSE ABOUT THE HEART OF MEN undecided

IFENESS YOU DONE HAD YOUR FUN NOW. ITS TIME TO GET OUT OF THAT FOOLISHNESS CALLED ATHEISM. YOU DONE DID YOUR LIL THING, HAD YOUR LIL FUN, NOW ITS TIME TO GROW UP BRUV. YOU CANT KEEP ROAMING THESE STREETS LIKE A HEADLESS CHICKEN WITH NO DIIRECTION angry

Did the bible God not ask people to be physically stoned to death? Is it not written in that garbage book that they were actually stoned to death.The parable you are adding to it makes what you wrote look suspicious. A "God" who claimed he created humans,created the world in 6 days,commanded light to exist finding it hard to make humans love him willingly. Isn't that weird? A rapist god for that matter molesting the mind of people like you.

The fact remains, Man created god in his own image,wrote the bible to put lower thinking humans like you in bondage. Imagine having to get permission from the bible before going to toilet- checking if it is OK with Yahweh. Bros please stop acting like a kid!

Atheism is normal,after all all babies were born atheists before some misinformed parents turned them to bible slaves.
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by oiseworld: 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
So the person of Jesus can be seperated from the word.
Nawa ooh....
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
so wait wait wait wait wait waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit,

I'm super confused. the word became flesh and dwelt with us, i understand

so We are only meant to say I believe in God? end of story?

And what about Jesus christ being the son of God?

is it not believing in the son that leads to eternal life?
Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Macelliot(m): 12:57am On Nov 12, 2013
obadiah777: THIS IS WHY IT IS A SIN TO MAKE ANY GRAVEN IMAGES TO THE MAN. EXODUS 20 VS 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE. THIS IS WHAT JESUS IS. THE WORD, NOT THE MAN. FOLLOWING THE MAN IS IDOLATRY

REVELATION 19 VS 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God <<< HIS NAME IS THE WORD OF GOD WHICH IS THE BIBLE

JOHN 1 VS 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. <<< THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH. OK SO THE WORD SUPERSEDES THE FLESH OF THE MAN. SO TRYING TO WORSHIP THE MAN IS IDOLATRY. THE WORD IS WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FOLLOWING.

IN CONCLUSION-DO NOT FOLLOW THE MAN. THIS IS CARNAL. FOLLOW THE WORD.
No wonder, Jesus said, "false prophets will arise and by their fruit, u will know them." 'obadiah777' don't u know that 777 means something. Cloud 777 a level above 666.
JESUS CHRIST is the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through HIM.

1 Like

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Nobody: 2:27am On Nov 12, 2013
Macelliot:
No wonder, Jesus said, "false prophets will arise and by their fruit, u will know them." 'obadiah777' don't u know that 777 means something. Cloud 777 a level above 666.
JESUS CHRIST is the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through HIM.
777 means 7th seal 7th vial and 7th trumpet. the 7th trumpet aka the 3rd woe is the kingdom of God on earth wink by the way i modified the topic title cuz many people cant see past the shocking title.

4 Likes

Re: Dont Follow Jesus the man. Following Jesus the man Is Idolatry by Kei144(m): 6:07am On Nov 12, 2013
1Jn. 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched — this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.
1Jn. 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.
1Jn. 1:3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

Jn. 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the only begotten who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

This passage from 1 John mentions the Word of life and Jesus Christ separately. Is Jesus Christ the same with the Word of life and since when? How did the Word of life become flesh?

Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Da. 2:45 This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands — a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces. “The great God has shown the king what will take place in the future. The dream is true and the interpretation is trustworthy.”

God is the mountain of Da 2:45. The Mountain brought forth a Rock out of Himself. If we connect Da 2:45 with Jn 1:1: In the beginning was the Rock, and the Rock was with the Mountain, and the Rock was (one with) the Mountain. The Rock (the Word of life) is the arm of God (Is 53:1). The main body of God is in heaven, but His arm reaches everywhere.

Pr. 8:22 “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old;
Pr. 8:23 I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began.

Pr. 8:24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth, when there were no springs abounding with water;
Pr. 8:25 before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth,
Pr. 8:26 before he made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world.
Pr. 8:27 I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
Pr. 8:28 when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
Pr. 8:29 when he gave the sea its boundary so that the waters would not overstep his command, and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
Pr. 8:30 Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence,
Pr. 8:31 rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind.

Jn. 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Jn. 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Jn. 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

The book of Proverbs calls Him “Wisdom”. But if you compare Pr 8:22-36 with the beginning of John 1, you will see that “Wisdom” in the book of Proverbs is “the Word of life” in the books of John. In Jn 1:3 we see that all the creations of God were made through the Word. In Pr 8:30, Wisdom says that He was the craftsman by God’s side during the creations. Since the Word of life or the Rock or Wisdom was brought forth by and from God, is He the Son of God? The Bible never calls Him that. The Bible calls Him the arm of the LORD (Is 53:1). He is just an arm of God and not a separate God.

He. 10:5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;

"Christ" in Heb 10:5 is the Word of life, the arm of God. In order for the Word of life to dwell in a human being, God had to prepare a new Adam (man), because the old man (Adam) is not suitable. That was how the Word became flesh.

Re. 2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

Human beings that qualify to participate in the rapture of the saints will receive "white stone" as their eternal inheritance. The white stone is hewed out of the Rock. The stone (the Word) will dwell in them forever. They become exactly like Jesus--gods. That is the goal that every Christian should be pursuing.

Do we follow Jesus or the Word? We follow Jesus, who is a human being like us. If Jesus could transform from humanity to divinity, we too could transform.

1Jn. 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
1Jn. 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn. 3:3 Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack / STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg / Got Married At Age 36 As A Virgin. Thank You Jesus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.