Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

A Profound Point In the Story Of Adam And Satan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Profound Point In the Story Of Adam And Satan (1112 Views)

Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory / Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error / Do Nigerian Muslims Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Profound Point In the Story Of Adam And Satan by tbaba1234: 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2013
A profound point in the story of Adam and Shaitan

Allah already said He created Adam for the earth, that was the first announcement, before anything happened and shaitan made him slip, the announcement was that he was created for the earth.

Allah made this announcement to the angels, He didn't say it to Adam . Adam was not created when the announcement was made to the angels.. Allah expressed His plan to create Adam and put him on the earth as a Khalifa. The plan was shared with the angels.

Iblees, a jinn was in the ranks of the angels, Therefore Iblis knows that Adam was created for the earth. So Iblis and all the angels know that Adam was created for the earth.

But Allah does not put him on the earth, does He? Allah told us He created him for the earth but He put him in Jannah. That's strange..

Iblis comes along and says: "Hey, you know that tree you are not supposed to go near, Let me tell us something, You were created for the earth. The only people that get to stay here are people that are either angels or permanent residents. " So shaytan tells them that the tree will cement their place in Jannah

In Surah Araf we see this:

Satan whispered to them so as to expose their unclothedness, which had been hidden from them: he said, ‘Your Lord only forbade you this tree to prevent you becoming angels or permanent residents,’ and he swore to them, ‘I am giving you sincere advice’– (Surah 7 20-21)

What attracts Adam/Hauwa to eat from the tree? Answer: They don't want to go to the earth..

Shaitan puts this idea in their head that from eating this tree is going to prevent their eventual fate...

What is the punishment after eating from the tree? Allah says: Descend from here all of you, one group will be enemies to the other group. And on the earth with be a temporary place of rest for you and utilities until a given time..

Now wait a second:

Adam (Alayhi Salam) could have said: Wait, this was the plan all along, this was all a set-up, I was supposed to go to the earth all along, It is not my fault i ate from the tree because either way i was going to end up on the earth.

This is important because

A lot of times people say: Allah already knows what i am going to do, How is it my fault?

Allah already knew Adam was going to go to the earth, How was it Adam's fault?

We are learning that this question of predestination, people think that they are so smart they just came up with it. That is the oldest question in philosophy.. These are the questions for people who do not want to face-up to reality.

The first human being was the first human being who could have asked that question, Adam could have asked that question but He doesn't... Rather He sought forgiveness..

Now, Iblis refused, In Surah Araf, Shaitan tries to justify why he disobeyed Allah:

....he said, ‘I am better than him: You created me from fire and him from clay.’(Surah Araf:12)

Shaitan is saying here: You created me from fire therefore, i am clearly superior.,

Creatures like jinns that can travel into the stars are clearly more powerful than a human... It is a logical complaint.. Also he has been around for a longer time, Adam has no resume, he just got created.

Now, what am i saying?

Adam could have made a logical complaint but didn't and Iblis did make a logical complaint .. One believed and the other disbelieved

Logic when it comes to complaining against Allah is kufr. Adam and Iblis have a lot in common

i. Both creatures were honoured by Allah

ii. Both creatures disobeyed Allah

iii. Both creatures were given the opportunity to either repent or rationalize their mistake

The one who rationalizes his mistake is Iblis

The one who admits his wrong even if it was known to Allah, is the one that gets forgiven -Adam

One is cursed for eternity, the other is forgiven..

This story occurs 7 times in the Quran, and each time Allah reminds us that we have two choices, The choice of Adam or the choice of Iblis

So

i. It is either you are going to justify and rationalize your sins and give a logical explanation as to why you are sinning

or

ii. You are going to admit your wrong and stop, and seek forgiveness

That is the bottom line of this story.... If you do not understand this bottom line ... You have missed the entire point of this story. Make your choice today..

For more: https://www.nairaland.com/1007823/journey-through-quran-amazing-quran/3

2 Likes

Re: A Profound Point In the Story Of Adam And Satan by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 13, 2013
Christianity and Islam, 2 Arabic Ideologies, should spare us the crap. This is 21st century.
Re: A Profound Point In the Story Of Adam And Satan by vedaxcool(m): 8:27am On Apr 13, 2013
^
I didn't know Jesus was an arab! I see no difference btw u and "good"luck, just know boot licking is very difference from sound thinking!

Anyway thaba nice write up, one of the problems we face these days is rationalizing our misdeeds, in essence satan made their actions seem fair to them! When an individual does that it makes repenting seem remote!
Re: A Profound Point In the Story Of Adam And Satan by Maisuya1: 1:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
never looked at it from that perspective, but beautiful nonetheless (Allah help us)
Re: A Profound Point In the Story Of Adam And Satan by BetaThings: 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2013
vedaxcool: ^
I didn't know Jesus was an arab! I see no difference btw u and "good"luck, just know boot licking is very difference from sound thinking!

Don't mind people of double face

Billyonaire: Christianity and Islam, 2 Arabic Ideologies, should spare us the crap. This is 21st century.

Yes since Oga at the Top goes to a Church to kneel down, you will agree with the leader of that church at the other section that a private jet is a good thing but you will come here to call it crap

Where is conviction and integrity?
Lacking from top to bottom!

Billyonaire: Jesus did not have overseas membership Goddamnit. Our pastors have millions of members in over 160 countries. How many members did Jesus have ? Jesus needed a boat and a donkey and he used them. There was no private jet then, I am sure Jesus would have got one, if there was jet then and if he could afford to.

2 Likes

Re: A Profound Point In the Story Of Adam And Satan by tbaba1234: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2013
I think some of these GEJ spokesmen are just too fake. I suspect some might even be employed by the government. Particularly sincere9gerian.
Re: A Profound Point In the Story Of Adam And Satan by maclatunji: 10:44am On Apr 18, 2013
tbaba1234: I think some of these GEJ spokesmen are just too fake. I suspect some might even be employed by the government. Particularly sincere9gerian.

Duh! grin

Stating the obvious.tongue
Re: A Profound Point In the Story Of Adam And Satan by ghazzal: 10:45am On Apr 19, 2013
Its always been about choice.

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Concept Of Human Nature / Please Help A Muslim Brother In Need-urgent / Notable Dates Islamic Calender 1438 AH 2016 To 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.