Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,320 members, 7,839,527 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery (22526 Views)

Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos / Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy / Dangote To Site $8bn Refinery In Olokola FTZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by sheedy407(m): 9:51am On Apr 13, 2013
At ELITE MODEL MGT,We manage/handle models of all sort,from runway,petit,plus size,glamour,TVC,Billboard/face,lingerie,pregnancy,nude,road shows & many more.
ff @elitemodelmgt
When you follow,tweet us you are from Nairaland and you get an instant gift/pack from ELITE MODEL MGT.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by alaoeri: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2013
oluwadare26: I'm wouldnt be surprise if the refinery is built in one of the Northern state.
Where did u expect him to build it niger/delta abi? He 'll surely build it where it 'll be secure & one thing about hausa is if the refinery come to reality the abokis 'll do anything within their ability to protect it.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2013
OK, I'VE HEARD! RETURN HENCE TO ILLUMATI, WE'VE MISSED IT.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by jeffizy(m): 9:52am On Apr 13, 2013
It's a nice move if we consider the job opportunity it will bring on the table for Nigeria ns.
....dangote = carlo slim
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Bishop4bella(m): 9:53am On Apr 13, 2013
If state Govt and FG can be doin lyk diz there will be more job opportunities. Dangote u ar great.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ichommy(m): 9:53am On Apr 13, 2013
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Brotherman(m): 9:54am On Apr 13, 2013
come to abia we will give land free for the refinery
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by wengerjay(m): 9:55am On Apr 13, 2013
oluwadare26: I'm wouldnt be surprise if the refinery is built in one of the Northern state.
It may likely be Ondo state.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Landflight4eva(m): 9:57am On Apr 13, 2013
ebucha: Source pls. Since the govt is sleeping, private individual should venture into refining crude.
i,m waiting for d time Aso rock and national assembly will b privatised then nigeria will move on......

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Gombs(m): 9:57am On Apr 13, 2013
seunfly:
Dangote is a business man and his location will be based on market force and availability of raw materials, that is why most of his investments are in the south.
I don't really believe he uses sentiments in his choice of location.

Umm, frm d above bolded, can you explain why there's a refinery in kaduna?...cos it beats me to comprehend why your above bolded wasn't considered while siting kaduna refinery.

Your post smells like horse poo to me tho #NoVex
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 13, 2013
wengerjay: I wil nt be surprised if it is Dangote Ankara u intend to wear for ur outing today.

Dangote doesn't think like a Nigerian when it comes to business, one of the reason he made a small boy like GEJ is best pal after he noticed it was the SS turn. His refinery won't be built in North as it might get blown up by his crazy families over there, besides the north is more interested in bomb making chemicals than anything right now...this is a hint for my Ibo brothers to start eyeing the importation of these goods. He won't build it in SE, SS as it would be too costly paying all that kidnapping insurance to the bad boys over there. He will definitely be adding it to one of his many empires in Lagos or Ogun State. The South West people might be called too timid and too open and accommodating, but this is benefiting them tremendously.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by IGBOSON1: 9:57am On Apr 13, 2013
Brotherman: come to abia we will give land free for the refinery

^^^Hehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by shangpearlz(f): 9:58am On Apr 13, 2013
All d best as u embark on it...wud av bin long 4gotten if greed wasn't d order of d day.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by dapo338(m): 9:58am On Apr 13, 2013
$8billion, Omo no be small thing oooo, the prince of Dubai built number 1 Hotel with just $1 billion, so it will be 8times expensive. thts gud.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by SamConquer(m): 10:00am On Apr 13, 2013
Ok
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by fellory: 10:02am On Apr 13, 2013
ikwere militant: no he wil build it in sango ota becos dias no land in the north were he wil build his refinery.hopless yoruba man so u want him to invest in ur land while d highest investment a yoruba man has outside d west is a trado medical shop or a jalopy used for taxi,u tink others re fools nd ure d only wise folks.shame on u folks

Easy man no be our fault say the southwest is the most habitable and conducive for bizness.

Dangote abeg put ur refinery where u like.Na ya money
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by 175(m): 10:02am On Apr 13, 2013
ikwere militant: no he wil build it in sango ota becos dias no land in the north were he wil build his refinery.hopless yoruba man so u want him to invest in ur land while d highest investment a yoruba man has outside d west is a trado medical shop or a jalopy used for taxi,u tink others re fools nd ure d only wise folks.shame on u folks

hahahahahhahaha my broda no be lie at all. This our southwest brodas ehn!!!!!!!! Lol @ trado-medical shop aka agbo malaika and jaloppy taxis. U need to see as dem full PHC walai dem smart oooo. Hehehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2013
Investing in ur country is great, but when every vital economic channel is under one person, it poses a security risk.
Ever wondered what will happen to Nigeria if dangote becomes a Boko haram sympathizer.... Nigerian Government needs to be pro active not reactive.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2013
He will have to source from business mogul who are interested in being stake holders.

Cause given his net worth, how does he intend to pull 8billion dollars?
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by gergemam: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2013
Tolexander: So after sleeping overnight in my house built with dangote cement, i will still need waking up in the morning to boil my water for tea which has dangote's sugar with gas from dangote's refinery, and cook my shaggetti also with dangote's kerosene.
Drive to my working place with my car running on dangote's petrol. Only to gat to work and realised there is no PHCN light then thinking of how to run our generator on Dangote's diesel.
Even about 5% of the air breathe in will be dangote from the combustion of his fuels to the atmosphere likewise the air breathe out will be dangote from the catabolism of the sugar, spaghetti and indomine i eat everyday.
Applied for dangote's truck driving school, but wasn't admitted but still putting my hope on the post of the dangote group company financial manager i recently applied for.

Why all these God? when am not a product of dangote's company!

Bro... no vex, This is the man I do respect in Business so much cos in the next 5-10 or more Years this man will be just like Carlos Slim who controls the Agric. Communication and Most of what the Mexican are using today, they Breathe in Carlos every single day in Mexico
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by watchindelta(m): 10:05am On Apr 13, 2013
hope our yeyegovernment no go come put their yeye mouth put smh grin
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by gerald09(m): 10:05am On Apr 13, 2013
This is a dude with big balls, eventually all dis men that believe they good in business will start saying dangote has monopolised the market. That why Nigeria business fail cos every1 does the same thing, first it was church business, music, govt work etc. That Dangote man will forever be my mentor.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by nanzozo(m): 10:05am On Apr 13, 2013
He is bold and Naija should surport him by protecting the structures.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by gergemam: 10:06am On Apr 13, 2013
ARES: Investing in ur country is great, but when every vital economic channel is under one person, it poses a security risk.
Ever wondered what will happen to Nigeria if dangote becomes a Boko haram sympathizer.... Nigerian Government needs to be pro active not reactive.

Sorry Bro... Read this.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Slim
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ichidodo: 10:06am On Apr 13, 2013
8 billion?! How much is Dangote's networth? Hope the dude wont go bankrupt because of refinery.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ecosanders: 10:10am On Apr 13, 2013
u must b m*a*d Dangote hv most of his investment down south, yet u r already whining ova where he wil cite d refinery if he cite it in d North, u n ur fada shld go n relocate it oloshi omo kekere, bigot lasan lasan!
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Franky9584(m): 10:10am On Apr 13, 2013
Oil oil oil. Y wont d govt diversify d economy instead of a mono-economy. Well, it z a nice idea bt nt in a country wia govt have 2 determine d price of petrol
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Evestar200(f): 10:10am On Apr 13, 2013
Nice development
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by pillzthadrugz(m): 10:11am On Apr 13, 2013
¤¤¤¤¤¤Na for your papa compound dem suppose build am before??
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by nap2: 10:13am On Apr 13, 2013
Hm! Is Dangote a monopolist? Listen to his answer to that question.

The Aliko Dangote interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx_H_LrZ1DE

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Itoroetti(m): 10:13am On Apr 13, 2013

And so?where is he from?where does charity begins from?stop bin myopic my boy.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Tolexander: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2013
wengerjay: I wil nt be surprised if it is Dangote Ankara u intend to wear for ur outing today.
and on getting to the outing, now served dangote akara while putting on dangote ankara!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles / Supreme Court Strips Governors Of Power To Sack Local Government Officials / Okorocha To Buhari: Sack All Your Cabinet Members, Aides, They Have Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.