Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,344 members, 7,860,882 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:59 PM

Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery (22543 Views)

Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos / Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy / Dangote To Site $8bn Refinery In Olokola FTZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Dreal1247: 10:59am On Apr 13, 2013
If it is 4 him 2 increase the price of petroleum products like cement, flour and its byproducts, salt(which he claims contains vitamin A where it doesnt) , then the refinery will never see the light of the day. I stand to b criticised, but he has succeeded in using the federal govt to close many potential companies through his monopolistic approach. He even went to the extent of challenging the court ruling for Ibeto Cement to be compensated for undue delay of the raw materials for wears. And i believe that he(Dangote) must be the brain behind the undue delay. Please Naija dont rejoice, because it is another avenue of introducing unnecessary inflation. And i repeat if it is for inflation to set in, mark it the refinery will never be completed. Enough of this amassing of wealth through making life difficult for Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by adeyak83(m): 11:01am On Apr 13, 2013
ok, legs crossed.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by jomogbomo: 11:05am On Apr 13, 2013
1st ola:

[size=20pt]INGRATE[/size]

Ingrate?! Hahahaha, why and how is he an ingrate and why should he be grateful to Dangote for making more money for himself? You know keeping quiet sometimes is really the best action to take.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ichidodo: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2013
Equity and Debt? How much of HIS equity will be riding on the project? And if he is going to be indebted to the banks then to what tune? Isnt he going push the high cost of the debt down to the consumers thereby impoverishing them? Am not against capitalism but that is so messed up.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Pergrace: 11:14am On Apr 13, 2013
KingPradas: [size=15pt]Another way for the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer. This guy will monopolise the oil industry. Greedy Man[/size]

He is not greedy..It is called Pareto Principle at work.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by kabba7(m): 11:14am On Apr 13, 2013
oluwadare26: I'm wouldnt be surprise if the refinery is built in one of the Northern state.

Should he go build the refinery in Igbo land not withstanding the well known dangers he surely will encounter ie kidnapping , robberies etc
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by jomogbomo: 11:16am On Apr 13, 2013
Pergrace:

He is not greedy..It is called Pareto Principle at work.

Its called MONOPOLY!

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2013
oluwadare26: I'm wouldnt be surprise if the refinery is built in one of the Northern state.
You are mad man . Whats the your problem, even if he built it Northern State, HoW many have we build in southwest. Instead of silly azz like u to support him, u are there being tribalistic. Ode oponu. Koshi soun joor.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ebuka247: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2013
This guy is a serious threat to my business ideologies. Why nah Dan my man But, seriously that's what we need as a nation. I'm impressed!
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by hardniola(m): 11:21am On Apr 13, 2013
the loacation for d refinary we one of dis state
OSUN
KWARA
NIGER:.......
I can bet wit ma joystickkk.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by UncleJJ(m): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2013
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ypzilanti: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2013
phreakabit: In a sane community most of his business ventures, will be labeled as unethical, due to their MONOPOLISTIC nature. Yet a lot of people don't see it :

[size=18pt]IF WE CAN HAVE A 100 NEW MILLIONAIRES EVERY YEAR. . .WHY HAVE THE SAME BILLIONAIRE EVERY OTHER YEAR?[/size]

Dangotes businesses have created other billionaires and millionaires. His staff and distributors of his products are doing really well. How do you think millionaires are made? By government sharing out money? People are so ignorant. What we need in Nigeria is more billionaires in the mould of Dangote...rich people who actually produce something that others can key into and make some change too. The progress South Korea is experiencing today is because of about 5 'Dangotes' in that country. The families that own Hyndai, Daewoo, Samsung,etc, made korea what it is today.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by naptu2: 11:25am On Apr 13, 2013
ypzilanti:

Dangotes businesses have created other billionaires and millionaires. His staff and distributors of his products are doing really well. How do you think millionaires are made? By government sharing out money? People are so ignorant. What we need in Nigeria is more billionaires in the mould of Dangote...rich people who actually produce something that others can key into and make some change too. The progress South Korea is experiencing today is because of about 5 'Dangotes' in that country. The families that own Hyndai, Daewoo, Samsung,etc, made korea what it is today.

+100

(Or the Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerbergs, Larry Ellison, etc in the US).
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Sibrah: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2013
Tolexander: So after sleeping overnight in my house built with dangote cement, i will still need waking up in the morning to boil my water for tea which has dangote's sugar with gas from dangote's refinery, and cook my shaggetti also with dangote's kerosene.
Drive to my working place with my car running on dangote's petrol. Only to gat to work and realised there is no PHCN light then thinking of how to run our generator on Dangote's diesel.
Even about 5% of the air breathe in will be dangote from the combustion of his fuels to the atmosphere likewise the air breathe out will be dangote from the catabolism of the sugar, spaghetti and indomine i eat everyday.
Applied for dangote's truck driving school, but wasn't admitted but still putting my hope on the post of the dangote group company financial manager i recently applied for.

Why all these God? when am not a product of dangote's company!
Imagine if Ibori, Ibru, OGD, Akala, Ngige, Jonathan, Omokri, Uduahan, Igbinedion, Oyinlola, Yuguda, OBJ, IBB, David Mark Bonaventure all invested 20% of what the stole back into the economy.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by naptu2: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2013
He is benefiting from his family tradition of taking risks where no one else will, investing where no one else will and investing even more than their competitors. (Note: competitors. He said it in the interview, he doesn't have a monopoly in any of the sectors he invests in. There is always a competitor, just that he invests more than his competitors. He is prepared to take the risk. He is a volume player).

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by kabaka1: 11:35am On Apr 13, 2013
He's a true lion in d forest. Kudos 2 him on this move grin
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ypzilanti: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2013
naptu2: He is benefiting from his family tradition of taking risks where no one else will, investing where no one else will and investing even more than their competitors. (Note: competitors. He said it in the interview, he doesn't have a monopoly in any of the sectors he invests in. There is always a competitor, just that he invests more than his competitors. He is prepared to take the risk. He is a volume player).

Don't mind Nigerians. A smart businessman always aligns himself with government. The word 'lobby' was invented in USA. It is left to government to protect the interest of the citizens vis a vis the interest of the businessman. It is not the job of the businessman to protect Nigerian's interest against his own aim of making money. Why will you not align with government when a single policy change can wipe billions off your net worth? Any businessman that could be close to government will do so, so as not to catch cold from policy somersaults.

It's not a fair world, but the closest that mankind has ever got to fair income distribution is by allowing entreprenuers to become billioniares by working hard and taking good risks. The result is that the business of the billionaire employs people, engages other partners and distributors, etc...in the end the society benefits.

10 dangotes in Nigeria will half the unemployment rate in 10 years faster than any yeye government employment scheme that will engage people in unproductive ventures.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by wengerjay(m): 11:47am On Apr 13, 2013
Dangote invests his money in foods,clothing and shelter.These are the basic needs in life.What a smart businessman!
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 13, 2013
Dangote, a pacesetter. Tomorrow, today!
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Easy1401(m): 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
If we av 2 or 3pple lyk Dangote in dis country unemployment will drastically reduce.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
KingPradas: [size=15pt]Another way for the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer. This guy will monopolise the oil industry. Greedy Man[/size]
Greedy man?
Do you know how many people this man employs? Can you even begin to imagine the number of families that benefits from that? How many childeren, youths and the elderly who are dependent on his workers across the nation? Dealers, sub contractors, suppliers, farmers, NGO's, academic instituitions, hospitals, communities, SME's, banks and other financial institutions, brokers, even artisans get jobs from dangote staff (and that may be their breakthrough), some of his staff own businesses and employ others!
Greedy man?
Pls have a rethink? Always look at the bigger pic? Who knows, you may even "hammer" through dangote, one way or the other!
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ichidodo: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
That you want to make money does it mean at the very much expense of the people? Your people?! Now i understand what Karl Max must have been hammering all these years. Forget fair and unfair in our world today for if the society was in chaos because of total injustice do you think you'd be alive today? If Dangote should build and complete that refinery the price of fuel will increase astronomically,yeah he is making moneybut at whose expense? High cost of fuel means high cost of living, can dangote tell that to over 60 percent of Nigerians living under 1 dollar per day? Dangote should pls practice capitalism with a human face or ask Michael Adenuga for tips.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ok
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by jomogbomo: 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
ypzilanti:

What Nigeria need is more angel investors, not greedy men who use others to enrich themselves. These people here mentioning Zuckerberg, Gates etc should always remember they got thier capital from angel investors and not from years of slaving for a "demigod". BTW, anyone care to explain why he has licenses to be "SOLE" importer of some items in the country?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ypzilanti: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2013
jomogbomo:

What Nigeria need is more angel investors, not greedy men who use others to enrich themselves. These people here mentioning Zuckerberg, Gates etc should always remember they got thier capital from angel investors and not from years of slaving for a "demigod". BTW, anyone care to explain why he has licenses to be "SOLE" importer of some items in the country?

What exactly is 'using others to enrich yourself?'. Do people not work for Zuckerberg and Gates? Gates was also accused of monopoly and charged to US court in the 90s. Rockerfeller was prosecuted in similar fashion too. Billionaires in business are driven by raw ambition to dominate the sectors they operate in. There is no other way. The so called angel investors do not just drop from the sky and give money to you unless they sense progress in your business.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by toluxa1(m): 12:45pm On Apr 13, 2013

Ode, you too find something to monopolize.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by seunfly: 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
Gombs:

Umm, frm d above bolded, can you explain why there's a refinery in kaduna?...cos it beats me to comprehend why your above bolded wasn't considered while siting kaduna refinery.

Your post smells like horse poo to me tho #NoVex
i will advice u to go back and read my post very well.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by naptu2: 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
ypzilanti:

What exactly is 'using others to enrich yourself?'. Do people not work for Zuckerberg and Gates? Gates was also accused of monopoly and charged to US court in the 90s. Rockerfeller was prosecuted in similar fashion too. Billionaires in business are driven by raw ambition to dominate the sectors they operate in. There is no other way. The so called angel investors do not just drop from the sky and give money to you unless they sense progress in your business.

Exactly!

The following semester in January 2004, Zuckerberg began writing code for a new website. He was inspired, he said, by an editorial in The Harvard Crimson about the Facemash incident however subsequent events have revealed this to be untrue.[26] On February 4, 2004, Zuckerberg launched "Thefacebook", originally located at thefacebook.com.

Six days after the site launched, three Harvard seniors, Cameron Winklevoss, Tyler Winklevoss, and Divya Narendra, accused Zuckerberg of intentionally misleading them into believing he would help them build a social network called HarvardConnection.com, while he was instead using their ideas to build a competing product. The three complained to the Harvard Crimson, and the newspaper began an investigation. The three later filed a lawsuit against Zuckerberg, subsequently settling. The agreed settlement was for 1.2m Facebook shares which were worth $300m at Facebook's IPO.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by Reference(m): 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
PapaBrowne:

The man has two legs,two hands and one head. Do you have half head or one leg and hand??
Why is he rich and you poor? If he monopolizes the oil industry, cant you duopolize it?
Dont you think the only reason you are not as rich as he is is your mind set?
Poverty is a mind set!

Dangote sees a problem and asks himself, how can I fix this and make money.
Others see a problem and say, why cant government fix this problem!

Abi oh. Next thing is why can't government reduce poverty, why can't government provide petrol, why is kerosine scarce what is government doing. As if Royal Dutch Shell, Exxon Mobil and Chevron belong to government. These companies are owned by bloody civilians like you and I who see a great opportunity amongst lazy people and while they are wailing steals their candy.

Poverty is not the weight of your wallet but what shade of grey is the matter in one's coconut head.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by ichidodo: 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
Down with the capitalists!.
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by miqos02(m): 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
zizman:

There is uncertainty in the sector and only a mad businessman will put up a refinery now, but we are set to do that," he said.

so is he a mad man
Re: Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery by naptu2: 1:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
miqos02:
so is he a mad man

Yes, a successful madman who goes where others are scared to go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Medinah For Lesser Hajj (Photos) / Ivara Esu Commissions One Solar Traffic Light In Cross River State / Nigeria @ 60: Nigeria Has Changed Beyond Recognition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.