Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? (7615 Views)

Poll: Pirated CD Buying:

I do it and I don't care: 21% (3 votes)
I feel guilty about it: 57% (8 votes)
I don't do it at all: 21% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

When Last Did You Buy An Album & Whose Was It? / How Much Do Original Cd's Cost In Naija & Why Do We Buy Pirated Copies? / Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2008
bless d internet. . . i downloaded mariah carey's e=mc2 2 days ago grin
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by Ivvie: 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2008
|
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by amaikama(m): 10:07am On Apr 12, 2008
First of all, what the cost of the original if its affordable to all concern? and if not, u go for the substitute at ur own expense helping someone to keep his business going in return he is spoiling the real artist work and depriving him of the money acrue to him.

Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by Coldasiyce(m): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2008
are we talking about naija CDs or all music in general? Naija albums come out with low quality packaging to max profit, if they were to bring out high quality CDs, we won't be buying albums for 150. cos then the cost of duplicating the CD might even go up to about that same price so where's the profit?

again, naija artists or marketers seem to target only the local market with music sales that's why u don't find our music on iTunes, cos nigerians in naija just don't buy music online.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by TCUBE(m): 2:01am On Apr 16, 2008
I hope y'all aint suggesting that we should start buying naija music CD's for 9'99 or 13'99 , ?
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by kjott(f): 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2008
Me ke! Neva had to buy one.they are so cheap that i get them as gifts.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by JUNIT1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2008
they cheap because you don't know that they are pirated shocked
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by FemiLDN: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2008
Nothing be wrong with it. I live in london people still buy from top shops like HMV. AND people still buy off chinese men or download it off the internet. It has got to a time where artist even no them selves there will be people selling their cds.

1 luv
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by JUNIT1(m): 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2008
ever heard of copyrights and patents.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by Tylenol: 5:08am On Apr 18, 2008
I don't buy pirated CDs but I download music through file sharing networks like Limewire. I don't believe this is wrong. Someone buys the music, decides to share with others, I mean, it's theirs to do what they want with it. All that "No lending, hiring, public viewing , " bit is ignored.
As for the piracy thing, the loss of revenue might not be that much considering the fact that most of the people who buy pirated CDs would not buy the original if the pirated ones became unavailable. Just my two pence!
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by JUNIT1(m): 6:44am On Apr 18, 2008
is downloading from the internet the same as pirating?
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by KeiiArz: 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2008
i don't think it's wrong when you buy foreign cds are pirated. they too expensive. but as for the naija ones. come on, you cud help out our fellow country man now haba. but the thing is i've tried and tried but its so hard to differntiate btw original and pirated when it comes t naija artiste cds. wink
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by TmeD0(m): 3:04am On Apr 19, 2008
so, pipu still dey buy cds for this day and age when u fit make your own (original artist copy) for your own domot!
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by lammyshegs(f): 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2008
i actually agree with crazy legs.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2008
i can honestly say that i neva bought a cd in my life
all movies, songs and other media stuff r limewire or just google simple as

limewire is d future, dunno if its illegal tellin u bout limewire but every1 uses it so must b legal

download limewire, anythin u want it's got it

y waste money on cd wen u can download for free?
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by Phemzy(m): 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2008
Hey friends, na naija we dey, so i believe that we are not like the white, so the white behave like white while the black behave like blacks. Nothing can stop nothing in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by zarazara: 12:23am On Apr 25, 2008
For the record, i do not buy pirated CD's. It is so wrong. I know people will tell me to siddon jare, but how would you like it if people stole from you? That's what piracy is,
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by shockreaction(m): 6:24am On Apr 25, 2008
So you guys are perfectly okay with breaking the law just because of the price?

Seriously.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by JUNIT1(m): 6:43am On Apr 25, 2008
WHAT LAW ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, IS THERE ANY LAW AGAINST PIRACY, I JUST HEAR PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT IT, BUT I ACTUALLY HAVEN'T SEEN IT, OR IS IT JUST ABOUT MORALS, AND SOME TIMES YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE THAT YOU BUYING A PIRATED CD, IT WOULD HAVE ALL THE COVERS AND STUFF JUST LIKE THE REAL DEAL, .HOW DO KNOW I AM ACTUALLY BUYING A PIRATED CD?
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by nextdoor: 1:52pm On Apr 29, 2008
Why must you by pirated CD's? it not normal now, or any of you that supported it pray that you work and another person should spoil it?
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by deleson: 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2008
Oh boy!
Considering the price of pirated cds to original cds then you will have a very good reason why pple but pirated cds.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? by JUNIT1(m): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2008
money is not everything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mention Foreign Songs That Are Worthy Of Download / Kennis Music-is This The End? / Download Timi Dakolo Iyawo Mi Instrumental

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.