Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? (5946 Views)

My Wife Does Not Like Sex. What Else Should I Do?. / My Wife DOES NOT WORK !!! Conversation Between A Husband And A Psychologist / Husband Has HIV But Wife Does Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
Pulls out all the wings and thoraxes off and chew the head off cool
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by biolabee(m): 8:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
opari...
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now who's crazier ??
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by damiso(f): 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
MMotimo: @Jide

Who is lemon and what's the talk about multiplying money and spending yours on yourself?

I agree with Biola, the younger generation is more into the openness and cooperation when it comes to household finances. I do not know a single couple in my parents' circle that have joint anything. It's MY account, MY tenants, MY shares, MY land, etc then OUR church and maybe OUR children grin. In my Naija circle, which is a small one by the way, I know of only one jointer couple. My best friend is a jointer though but she's from a different culture.

. . . . . and thanks for announcing my 6 decades on a public forum angry tongue

@ damiso

Ok but even for those who have to ask, if it works for their marriage, does it really matter to any of us? Naija women are very full of "I can't take that" even though they accept worse from their own husbands. Personally, don't like to put mouth in other people's marriages and the way they do things. Even my own Father doesn't get how/why I handle household finances and everything is joint

@ biolabee

That your crush wink wink Is she Ada or Kishanna Sands? Or is Kishanna Bahamian-Igbo?

Mmotimo i agree with you on it not being anybody's business.I am a no 1 advocate for letting people be as long as they are ready to live with the consequences of their actions or inactions.I am not one who would let anyone feel bad if a friend is comfortable being a SAHM(i know loads of people cant just mind their own bizwax and keep making the woman feel bad)then so be it,if it works for them.

My comment was more like a general one,esp as you touched on affordability.If a woman has to be nagging for funds,it might probably be a good idea to find a source of additional income.Its either one he cant afford living expenses or 2 he just wants to sweat her or 3 he sees her as a liability.
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
Make I grab my chair and kool aid for this corner jare.
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by MMotimo: 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
Jide aka Ijogbon Major cheesy
See me feeling sorry that TGirl banned you till 2015. You can exaggerate sha! tongue Good to have you back and please no more street fights, tres unbecoming

Where is that thread? Can't trust you not to exaggerate. I'm sure you took the post out of context tongue

@ biola, that's one mystery I would like to know. The more reason why there's no point fighting on the WWW. Your opponent could very well not be whom you think they are. Imagine taunting guys with another babe's bo..obs. Hilarious!

@ damiso
I agree smiley
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
Ijongbon niyen oh cheesy

Actually it was true, she banned my comeback moniker I created till 2015 I was like WTF ? lipsrsealed

street fights? don't count on that grin

That's the thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/1253893/she-not-liability/4#15198930

Dami.. my daughter added clorox to colors cheesy she felt really bad about it. Just got those tops for them ( spring graphic Tees), oh well undecided practice makes perfect... I'll supervise closer next time.
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by biolabee(m): 11:55pm On Apr 16, 2013
MMotimo:

@ biola, that's one mystery I would like to know. The more reason why there's no point fighting on the WWW. Your opponent could very well not be whom you think they are. Imagine taunting guys with another babe's bo..obs. Hilarious!

i had no interest in her actually but the xter was really noxious ... but im watching to see how the saga plays out
cool
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by bethnals: 1:08am On Apr 17, 2013
women should work if they want. BUT their priority should be their children and husband not a 'career'.
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by ifyalways(f): 1:55am On Apr 17, 2013
MMotimo: @Jide

That your crush wink wink Is she Ada or Kishanna Sands? Or is Kishanna Bahamian-Igbo?
Boy
I just googled the name and i am awed. shocked

If my mail is not in your inbox,kindly check spam.Sent 2 replies already. wink
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 17, 2013
biolabee:

i had no interest in her actually but the xter was really noxious ... but im watching to see how the saga plays out
cool

Pants on fire cheesy Pftttttt tongue

Ify so is Ada = Bahamian Igbo or shocked shocked shocked

MMtimo yawa cheesy
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by ifyalways(f): 2:45am On Apr 17, 2013
Jide,I don't know oh.
I'm confused already with the stoopid account i'm trying to reconcile and not willing to add NLD algebra to that.
X - 2y = 0 xy cheesy
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 17, 2013
Apply Pythagoras theorem cheesy jeez I detest calculus grin

Na wa oh grin
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by MMotimo: 6:19am On Apr 17, 2013
ifyalways: Boy
I just googled the name and i am awed. shocked

If my mail is not in your inbox,kindly check spam.Sent 2 replies already. wink
Nothing in my mailbox but if it's about Kishanna, her pix are on a fashion thread. Thread's about black gals killing it or something to that effect

Jide, I skipped through the thread. My people get bad mouth, no be small. Calling someone's wife a financial liability when you are not the one feeding them. In this day and age?

I don't think the OP's married, that shows through in some of her comments. Some sort of reverse chauvinism (if there is such a term). She had some good points though, buy forgot that. . . .

"Irorun igi ni irorun eye"

It has to be well for the tree in order for it to be well with the bird. The marriage is still a partnership, has to still be mutually beneficial to both partners
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by biolabee(m): 6:50am On Apr 17, 2013
jidegirl12:

Pants on fire cheesy Pftttttt tongue

Ify so is Ada = Bahamian Igbo or shocked shocked shocked

MMtimo yawa cheesy

Emi opuro
O badi e lemeji sef

Shuo na so una go implicate persin wey the person sef no go know

#myHandsareClean (Father please Forgive me daily grin)
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 17, 2013
biolabee:

Emi opuro
O badi e lemeji sef

Shuo na so una go implicate persin wey the person sef no go know

#myHandsareClean (Father please Forgive me daily grin)

Lmao cheesy ma tan lantern , your hands are filthy tongue... Anyways @bolded which kain language be dat? grin

@MMtimo..... Your own don tire me... tell ęyę( bird) to get a JOB to take load off eeku's chest. cheesy
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 17, 2013
jidegirl12:

Lmao cheesy ma tan lantern , your hands are filthy tongue... Anyways @bolded which kain language be dat? grin

@MMtimo..... Your own don tire me... tell ęyę( bird) to get a JOB to take load off eeku's chest. cheesy

Figures, you be gambari after all.
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by biolabee(m): 8:15am On Apr 17, 2013
jidegirl12:

owo mi Mo bajebaje

Owo mi ma re fufu nene
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2013
naijababe:

Figures, you be gambari after all.

Bursted! cheesy

biolabee:

owo mi Mo bajebaje

Owo mi ma re fufu nene

Yimu
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by MMotimo: 6:14am On Apr 26, 2013
Wrong thread
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
I think this whole debate between to work or not to work comes in at a personal decision. Some women find that raising a child takes a lot of emotional and physical demands and thus will not be able to work, that's ok. Some don't mind staying at home and having a side job/business for her own mad money and free time. Others cannot imagine spending all day at home and are career driven. Others still work, but miss home. All of these situations and many more are typical and can occur over the lifetime of one woman. As the babies are young to big kids, they will require different types of care. Not forgetting the biggest one, aka oga, depending on you're own arrangement with each other, financial needs and wants, etc. the decision is yours to make together.

I for one am a full time worker, who takes care of the kids at home in the evenings/mornings. As my kids are still young, and my career just beginning there's more flexibility. However, I am going back to pursue my eng degree, which means more time with the kids! I am so happy about that (Don't worry all, this isn't the first time I went back to school to earn a degree and my daughter was only 9 months at the time!) I'm lucky to live in Canada, so this decision is very easy to make, and financially my family is very secure. That doesn't mean that I don't understand the different lifestyles and cultures that make up NL. I just know that in every situation there will be times of peace and business. Finally, my mother was a stay-at-home, with a degree no less, and she was a very good one at that! She had a little catering business on the side and raised all 6 of us as Daddy worked. Now, we are all except of the 2 youngest (ages 11&14) out of the family home in our own families or studying. And she can now work to her heart's content and enjoy her life, she had kids young and she's enjoying her middle age in paradise with my daddy. So, to those who look short-term, take off those glasses and realise that child-rearing is a season, and eventually things will need to adapt. So instead of seeing those educated women as lazy or a waste realise that the education was spent making sure the kids are as well rounded and educated as the mothers are. After all, I'm pretty sure that its easier for kids whose parents attended post-secondary education to enroll than those whose parents never did.

2 Likes

Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by dayokanu(m): 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
Would check back
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by dayokanu(m): 10:37pm On Apr 26, 2013
@ Op,

There are millions of women who do all that and still have careers.

Those market women have families, those tailors and hardressers have families, those women working in offices have families, even women who are teachers and lecturers have families and still take care of them
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by MMotimo: 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2013
vivalableue: I think this whole debate between to work or not to work comes in at a personal decision. Some women find that raising a child takes a lot of emotional and physical demands and thus will not be able to work, that's ok. Some don't mind staying at home and having a side job/business for her own mad money and free time. Others cannot imagine spending all day at home and are career driven. Others still work, but miss home. All of these situations and many more are typical and can occur over the lifetime of one woman. As the babies are young to big kids, they will require different types of care. Not forgetting the biggest one, aka oga, depending on you're own arrangement with each other, financial needs and wants, etc. the decision is yours to make together.

I for one am a full time worker, who takes care of the kids at home in the evenings/mornings. As my kids are still young, and my career just beginning there's more flexibility. However, I am going back to pursue my eng degree, which means more time with the kids! I am so happy about that (Don't worry all, this isn't the first time I went back to school to earn a degree and my daughter was only 9 months at the time!) I'm lucky to live in Canada, so this decision is very easy to make, and financially my family is very secure. That doesn't mean that I don't understand the different lifestyles and cultures that make up NL. I just know that in every situation there will be times of peace and business. Finally, my mother was a stay-at-home, with a degree no less, and she was a very good one at that! She had a little catering business on the side and raised all 6 of us as Daddy worked. Now, we are all except of the 2 youngest (ages 11&14) out of the family home in our own families or studying. And she can now work to her heart's content and enjoy her life, she had kids young and she's enjoying her middle age in paradise with my daddy. So, to those who look short-term, take off those glasses and realise that child-rearing is a season, and eventually things will need to adapt. So instead of seeing those educated women as lazy or a waste realise that the education was spent making sure the kids are as well rounded and educated as the mothers are. After all, I'm pretty sure that its easier for kids whose parents attended post-secondary education to enroll than those whose parents never did.

I'm happy we are at last, in this forum, getting more balanced views on the subject and from people with positive testimonies and real life experience too.
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
vivalableue: I think this whole debate between to work or not to work comes in at a personal decision. Some women find that raising a child takes a lot of emotional and physical demands and thus will not be able to work, that's ok. Some don't mind staying at home and having a side job/business for her own mad money and free time. Others cannot imagine spending all day at home and are career driven. Others still work, but miss home. All of these situations and many more are typical and can occur over the lifetime of one woman. As the babies are young to big kids, they will require different types of care. Not forgetting the biggest one, aka oga, depending on you're own arrangement with each other, financial needs and wants, etc. the decision is yours to make together.

I for one am a full time worker, who takes care of the kids at home in the evenings/mornings. As my kids are still young, and my career just beginning there's more flexibility. However, I am going back to pursue my eng degree, which means more time with the kids! I am so happy about that (Don't worry all, this isn't the first time I went back to school to earn a degree and my daughter was only 9 months at the time!) I'm lucky to live in Canada, so this decision is very easy to make, and financially my family is very secure. That doesn't mean that I don't understand the different lifestyles and cultures that make up NL. I just know that in every situation there will be times of peace and business. Finally, my mother was a stay-at-home, with a degree no less, and she was a very good one at that! She had a little catering business on the side and raised all 6 of us as Daddy worked. Now, we are all except of the 2 youngest (ages 11&14) out of the family home in our own families or studying. And she can now work to her heart's content and enjoy her life, she had kids young and she's enjoying her middle age in paradise with my daddy. So, to those who look short-term, take off those glasses and realise that child-rearing is a season, and eventually things will need to adapt. So instead of seeing those educated women as lazy or a waste realise that the education was spent making sure the kids are as well rounded and educated as the mothers are. After all, I'm pretty sure that its easier for kids whose parents attended post-secondary education to enroll than those whose parents never did .

^^^ Meaning?

Like one wise poster said:

Your youth is time to build, work and grow, may you not in old age with kids start to try to do what you should have done for yourself in youth

Bitter but true.
Re: Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? by Nobody: 3:30am On Apr 28, 2013
@jidegirl12 idk how things are in your place, but in my country the stats prove over and over educated parents beget educated offspring. Yes, it sounds weird to some but the reasoning is that children will always model themselves after their parents. Now, of course people do choose their own paths, but the educated parent does have more m methods at their disposal to send their kids to school.

Now, the preferred route is to complete your education, get married etc. However, i had my kids before i completed my education. Well at least higher degrees. But, as to how that pertains to the discussion at hand My family is still rolling along, my man supports all my moves towards independence, and my kids benefit from a mom who is young enough to take care of them, I'm hands on ad in parks extra curricular activities church play dates, and i still cook clean work on my appearance and I'm a full time corporate employee. I was able to negotiate my hours and i telecommute as much as possible. So like i said to each his own as long as everyone is happy and is aware of all caveats in play.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Ten Sandals Design Gift For Your Spouse / Why Do Grown-up,matured,educated People Behave Stuppid To Make Babies Laugh? / How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.