Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,811 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs (79915 Views)

Why Islam Prohibits Gambling / Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South / American Company Sells Pork-laced Bullets To Fight Islamic Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Koolking(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
mastercee: 1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

Gross...**tweaked face**
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
Here in yankee, pork is a delicacy. Some days ago one of my female Mexican colleagues gave me some dried pork to taste. I gobbled that sucker up and asked for more cheesy

Imma buy me some pork today from Valu Plus. I'm eating pink meat and not garbage. The pig has a very efficient liver that detoxifies all that garbage and turns it into sweet meat wink

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nacl: 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
EVEN IF I DIDNT PRACTICE ANY RELIGION,, I WOULD NEVER GO CLOSE TO PORK..

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by maclatunji: 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
Marine*etyon:
Nonsense... If you like ban me...it can be found in the bible that not what enters into our system via the mouth that corrupts but what cometh thereof. So park well ok?

Bible

"And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass."
[Deuteronomy 14:8]

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by dddaaayyyooo(m): 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
The Meat is very Sweeeet, IF U DON'T EAT (pig meat), SOME1 ELSE WILL grin
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Bible

"And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass."

That rule applies to Israelites. I am Nigerian and not Israeli wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by dokunbam(m): 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
Pls cook it very well and kill all the germs and the toxin
then enjoy it
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
dddaaayyyooo: The Meat is very Sweeeet, IF U DON'T EAT (pig meat), SOME1 ELSE WILL grin

Gbam!!!

I go buy you big stout grin
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by DoctorAbu(m): 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
pDude:

Oh thanks Brainy, so the bible was made for Israelites huh? What do Nigerian Christians read please?

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Evestar200(f): 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
Haba! Una dy miss die!
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by maclatunji: 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
pDude:

I hope you don't also claim to be a Christian.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by maclatunji: 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
DoctorAbu:
Oh thanks Brainy, so the bible was made for Israelites huh? What do Nigerian Christians read please?

Their whims and caprices it seems.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by IleIfe2(m): 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
lmao. Tunji stop hiding my post grin grin grin
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by IlCapitano(m): 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
pDude:

Bravo!! Continue arguing. Your grandkids will reopen your account after you're banned till 2092.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by idriis: 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
mastercee: 1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.

6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.

7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.

cool Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts,and eggs will be killed.

9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.

11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:cool.

12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.

13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig.

14) According to Jewish law, pork is one of a number of foods forbidden from consumption by Jews. These foods are known as "non-kosher" foods. In order for a meat to be kosher, it must first come from a kosher animal. A kosher animal must be a ruminant and have split hooves - therefore cows, sheep, goats and deer are all kosher, whereas camels and pigs (having each only one sign of kashrut) are not kosher.

15) Quran, Holy book of Muslims also prohibits consumption of pork.

"He has made unlawful for you that which dies of itself and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which the name of any other than Allah has been invoked. But he who is driven by necessity, being neither disobedient nor exceeding the limit, then surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful." Quran 2:173
Nice write bruv cool

Testimony: I ate the shit once And I since then I took an oath never to even near it, not to talk of eating the shit again

Although I must confess, the chinese noodles soup with vegetable and the shit(pork) is so deliciouswink As the Chinko man serve with their long chinese stick(wetin be dat tin name sef?), as I started eating it men I had put the chinese stick away and get nice spoon to eat it fast.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
DoctorAbu:

Bruv, use your brain. When God was making those rules, was he making it for Egyptians, Philistines, Jebusites, Ammonites, Nigerians or Israelites?

Did you see anyone besides Israelites in the picture when those rules were being made? undecided

And don't tell me it was made for Christians because there was nothing like christianity in those day, just Israelites and the rest (the Heathens). I am a Heathen therefore I am allowed to eat bacon and pork chops grin
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
Much ado and scientific rambling about nothing. People don't eat them raw, do they? It is well cooked before eating which takes care of all this issues you raised.

For instance, soya bean contains trypsin inhibitors ,which kills animals when not properly toasted but its the main source of protein in animal feeds.

Has this stopped feed millers world wide from using soybean meal as a major component in animal feed? Hell no.

Like soyabeans, when swine is properly cooked, you got nothing to worry about.

I don't eat it anyway.

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Bible

huh? that was in the old testament.

In the new testament, in Acts 10: 9-15

9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray.
10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners.
12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds.
13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”
14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”
15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

Guy, abeg just leave matter for mathias jor.

4 Likes

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by sweetgala(m): 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2013
Last I checked most religions prohibit the consumption of pork and other animals. Islam and Christianity both follow the commandments as handed to Moses
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by esther4real(f): 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2013
Yea, i'm a jew am its forbidden 2 eat pork, read leviticus 11-end
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by daywatcher: 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
modern farming techniques can remove all the impurities right? abi you dont believe in modern techniques and science? if so why are you using the internet?
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by diarra94(m): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
The fact is, in this world today its hard to completely abstain from pork especially those in diaspora as it is being processed and used in so many ways.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by nikkyshyne(f): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
I wanted to comment and i saw this in red at the comment box. grin To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

Back to topic. The original post is eewwwy to think i like the taste of pork.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
sweet_gala: Last I checked most religions prohibit the consumption of pork and other animals. Islam and Christianity both follow the commandments as handed to Moses

So na who go come chop the pork naw?

My mum, some years ago decided to stop us all from eating pork because RCCG spoke against it. When I finally became a man and left her house, oh boy I begin consume pork like say tomorrow nor dey grin grin grin.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by MostHigh: 2:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
diarra94: I dont understand, was it scientist then who researched all this and told prophet mohammed about it and he made it a comandment nt to eat pork or what? cos ur ONLY giving us scientific and not religious reasons nt to eat pork.

When you read history you can at once see that religion and science were one in the past ages

It is only recently that mankind has divided both

all the great spiritual men of old were all conversant with the sciences
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2013
Mark 7:18-19, Jesus says to his disciples,

18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.”

By saying this, he declared all foods clean.

Jesus gave us the go ahead so me, I go chop pork till I die. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
1st ola: A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals. angry angry angry

only pigs eat pigs. grin
chicken also eat maggots.

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
Nonsense. Which meat sweet pass pork meat? Since over 27yrs i begin chop pork meat why i never die? Dirty ke dirty ni.

The garri and fufu wey una dey chop no be for inside ground dey grow am? person fit come for on top am inside bush drop big shit on top of am come call am manure, later dem go harvest am come fry am and you go chop clean mouth, wash hands come begin claim clean human being. Omoh na God dey guard person for wetin we dey chop no be dirty this dirty that.

I hope my post is not offensive to Islam
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
honey86:
chicken also eat maggots.

And eat cockroaches too. Cockroaches in turn eat faeces and decaying stuff.

What's the argument about again? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by chops33(m): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
How about DogsI know muslims don't eat Dogs either...when do we get the write up for "15 things you should know about Dogs sad
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Pigs will never be clean, no matter how hard you try.
Is it their fault that they are dirty? I know one of the reasons why they keep their body in mud is because of their skin. If you blame the pigs for being dirty, you should blame God for creating them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Arewa Girls Celebrate Sallah With Stunning Photos / What Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) Thought Of Black People / How To Get Rid Of Jinn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.