Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs (79918 Views)

Why Islam Prohibits Gambling / Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South / American Company Sells Pork-laced Bullets To Fight Islamic Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by twilliamx(m): 12:48am On Apr 24, 2013
maclatunji:

Then kindly stop believing in Genesis and remove the old testament from the Bible altogether.
Acts 10-11-15
and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” 14 But Peter said, “By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.” 15 And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has made clean, do not call common.
Shikena..if u like @ tunji vex na u sabi..as them they talk for X files.. D truth is out there..so make u go find am

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by twilliamx(m): 1:02am On Apr 24, 2013
JaaizTech:

I think it is time for Christians to really tell us the source of the religion they practice, they mostly violate the dictates of the Bible and yet keep claiming that it is their holy book, especially Pentecostalism, I think those ones just follow the whims and caprices of their self-acclaimed pastors.

Well..if you must know, jesus came and changed a lot of old thinkings, like the type you have found your self in and he emancipated many minds out of the prison of their of own head because he brought GRACE which is why all of us still exist today, that is why the bible is a complete book, because there's the life before grace which is full of laws and there is the life after grace which is full of love. Jesus loves you..and once u prepare your pork properly and bless it, it is safe to eat...believe me bro, the meat sweet die..but as per all other things in life you must apply moderation..Drinking cocacola on the regular as far as am concerned is more dangerous than eating pork on the regular.

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by hussainahlami(f): 1:40am On Apr 24, 2013
careytommy: Any muslim that has eaten 'akpu' or 'fufu' before please identify yourself.
Av eaten fufu thousand times,I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ dere anytin wrng?
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 24, 2013
Tbh I've never eaten pork, I just naturally always hated it. This post just means even in my next life, I won't go near pork.. Yuck!
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by fr3do(m): 5:52am On Apr 24, 2013
Think Ham
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nadoson: 8:34am On Apr 24, 2013
diarra94: I dont understand, was it scientist then who researched all this and told prophet mohammed about it and he made it a comandment nt to eat pork or what? cos ur ONLY giving us scientific and not religious reasons nt to eat pork.
sir, pork, swine or pig was among d animals called by dia name as unclean animals wch shud nt b eatin (Lev. 11)
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 24, 2013
991: "only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about th'universe" - Albert Einstein

I always ask, why expose a topic to front page(worldwide) environment when you know that people have different views on any subject. If the topic is so delicate that it's gonna offend a particular religion, then keep it at the appropriate section for those it interests. there are more mature ways of handling delicate religious issues than exposing them to abuse and then tagging a warning on it. somehow it makes things of that particular religion a bit scary/frightening.
it is not encouraging to non believer willing to convert.

internet traffic bros....
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nadoson: 9:50am On Apr 24, 2013
Marine*etyon:
Nonsense... If you like ban me...it can be found in the bible that not what enters into our system via the mouth that corrupts but what cometh thereof. So park well ok?
im a xtian, pork or pig is realy bad & it was among d unclean animals mentiond in d bible (LIV. 11)
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 24, 2013
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

First of all, I was told from a reliable source that Muslims were banned from eating pig cos... there was a war, which Prophet Mohammed (SAW) was in attendance, got killed and was eaten by a pig. I really do not believe that story but I would like someone to please give me verses from the Holy Koran advising us to stay away from eating Pork.

Thank You

Well, we know what path history then took. Muhammad was portrayed in Europe as an imposter, a scheming cardinal who founded his own religion after failing to become the Pope. The Muslim prohibition on eating the pig was because at his death Muhammad was eaten by swine. To Martin Luther, Muhammad was second in wickedness only to the Pope (who was, of course, the real anti-Christ).
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2007/oct/11/thechallengeofmuhammad
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by chax100(f): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2013
Religeous alibi! Not even your Koran can stop me from enjoying my pork meat. For all your jargons, I owe you guys a big bowl of some red delicious hot fried yummie pork meat. Come and dine with me and you lives will never remain the same. *oruwé*
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by FindOut(m): 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
ledafaze: To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

First of all, I was told from a reliable source that Muslims were banned from eating pig cos... there was a war, which Prophet Mohammed (SAW) was in attendance, got killed and was eaten by a pig. I really do not believe that story but I would like someone to please give me verses from the Holy Koran advising us to stay away from eating Pork.

Thank You

Go and read that article (again). Obviously you didnt realise the author was using that as an example of the false stories peddled against Mohammed in Europe of yore. This is an excerpt of the article containing what you posted:

In his book, Western Views of Islam in the Middle Ages, the Oxford scholar, Sir Richard W Southern, noted that:

The existence of Islam was the most far-reaching problem in medieval Christendom. It was a problem at every level of experience. As a practical problem it called for action and for discrimination between the competing possibilities of Crusade, conversion, coexistence, and commercial exchange. As a theological problem it called persistently for some answer to the mystery of its existence: what was its providential role in history - was it a symptom of the world's last days or a stage in the Christian development; a heresy, a schism, or a new religion; a work of man or devil; an obscene parody of Christianity, or a system of thought that deserved to be treated with respect?

Well, we know what path history then took. Muhammad was portrayed in Europe as an imposter, a scheming cardinal who founded his own religion after failing to become the Pope. The Muslim prohibition on eating the pig was because at his death Muhammad was eaten by swine. To Martin Luther, Muhammad was second in wickedness only to the Pope (who was, of course, the real anti-Christ).

Since the middle of the 19th century, there has been a gradual reappraisal of the role of Muhammad and Islam by many western scholars. The Scottish essayist, Thomas Carlyle, led the way:

Our current hypothesis about Mahomet, that he was a scheming Imposter, a Falsehood incarnate, that his religion is a mere mass of quackery and fatuity, begins really to be now untenable to anyone. The lies, which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man, are disgraceful to ourselves only.'

Today, there is a far wider recognition that Muhammad's role was similar to that of the biblical prophet Moses who united the Israelite tribes, except that Muhammad saw himself as being sent as a messenger to all of humanity, not just to one ethnic group.

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by bola4dprec(m): 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
Dextra:

Thanks for all the insults, unfortunately for you... I HAVE IMMUNITY FOR SUCH. If all faithful muslims will know every details about their religion I guess only few will remain. Many of them want freedom but they are afraid to ask for it. This is a muslim thread and I don't even like to comment on it just that this one was on the front page, sorry I came in here. You don't have to reply to this one because I won't see it. smiley
may God almighty help us in this country, we love religion pass God
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
Find Out!:

Go and read that article (again). Obviously you didnt realise the author was using that as an example of the false stories peddled against Mohammed in Europe of yore. This is an excerpt of the article containing what you posted:

What you need to know is that it is only a truth that can be rumoured.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by kayles: 2:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
When will pple get to know that some commandments were handed down to them because its progenitor wasnt just feeling those things and selfishly commanded his/her followers to follow same footstep. I heard of one who married 4 wives because he didn't get a male child and so commanded his followers to marry not more than 4. Thats the most selfish thing since the beginning of human evolution. If u married 4 why cant i have 6 if it would make me happy. Plural is plural and singular is singular, get it right pple and don't be a religious dogma.
P.S Pork tastes better than beef and as human we've always wanted wats better, maybe it was a selfish act all this long, think about it.

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by FindOut(m): 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
Hmmm...posts hidden? Oh well, I understand sha smiley.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Ninilowo(m): 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
All these ar not applicable to AFRICANS o jare. A beg next round of PORK
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by NOLONGTIN1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
Normally, I wouldn't respond to this, cos its all crap, there are animals that carry more dangerious diseases, dirtier than the pig, so therefore this crap is all lies, I don't mind though cos it means more pork 4 me, since saome set of ppl refuse to eat it. Anyway, my reason for replyin this is because, a reference to the bible was posted here to support this rubbish. But he forgot to mention that it is written that no animal created by God should called unclean or forbidden. God told paul when he(paul) refused to eat some animals
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by maclatunji: 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2013
NO LONG TIN: Normally, I wouldn't respond to this, cos its all crap, there are animals that carry more dangerious diseases, dirtier than the pig, so therefore this crap is all lies, I don't mind though cos it means more pork 4 me, since saome set of ppl refuse to eat it. Anyway, my reason for replyin this is because, a reference to the bible was posted here to support this rubbish. But he forgot to mention that it is written that no animal created by God should called unclean or forbidden. God told paul when he(paul) refused to eat some animals

No wonder Christianity is what it is. You mean to tell me that Paul's testimony supersedes Jesus'(AS) very clear and unambiguous declaration? What a fallacy.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
maclatunji:

No wonder Christianity is what it is. You mean to tell me that Paul's testimony supersedes Jesus'(AS) very clear and unambiguous declaration? What a fallacy.
What is this one saying? Jesus declared all foods clean when he told his disciples in Mark 7:18-19, "“Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.”

If this statement isn't concise enough for you, that is your issue. Just stop saying stuff you don't know or understand.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by maclatunji: 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
ItsModella:
What is this one saying? Jesus declared all foods clean when he told his disciples in Mark 7:18-19, "“Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.”

If this statement isn't concise enough for you, that is your issue. Just stop saying stuff you don't know or understand.

You know this your position means that Jesus (AS) supports cannibalism or feeding on blood. Food can be anything you choose to eat.

No need to repeat clear verses from the Bible that prohibit pork as food.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
maclatunji:

You know this your position means that Jesus (AS) supports cannibalism or feeding on blood. Food can be anything you choose to eat.

No need to repeat clear verses from the Bible that prohibit pork as food.
I know what my position supports. Jesus explained in his teachings that it is not what goes into a man that makes him spiritually unclean but what is in his heart. It's not rocket science. The verse you're referring to was in the old testament, the rules were changed in the new testament. The message is clear.

Some posts back, you said Jesus' message was clear and ambiguous, now you're changing it to "clear verses from the Bible that prohibit pork"....see your life.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by maclatunji: 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
ItsModella:
I know what my position supports. Jesus explained in his teachings that it is not what goes into a man that makes him spiritually unclean but what is in his heart. It's not rocket science. The verse you're referring to was in the old testament, the rules were changed in the new testament. The message is clear.

Some posts back, you said Jesus' message was clear and ambiguous, now you're changing it to "clear verses from the Bible that prohibit pork"....see your life.

And what was my response to this same assertion some pages ago? Good to see that you believe that anything you can put in your mouth and ends up in your stomach is 'pure' including poop.

I know for certain Jesus (AS) never taught that.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by toygod2: 10:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
aite
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
maclatunji:

And what was my response to this same assertion some pages ago? Good to see that you believe that anything you can put in your mouth and ends up in your stomach is 'pure' including poop.

I know for certain Jesus (AS) never taught that.
Stop talking nonsense. Everyone should have common sense. A person eating his poop doesn't even make him morally bankrupt, it is just physically unhealthy. Apply common sense, Mr Tunji.

In regards to your second statement, I can see that you're too bullheaded to acknowledge that the concise verse I gave of Jesus teaching his disciples actually accounts for something. The next time I decide to comment on an Islam thread and I choose to question the teachings of Mohammed, do not quote me or try to ban me.

This is my last reply to you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by twilliamx(m): 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
Nadoson:
im a xtian, pork or pig is realy bad & it was among d unclean animals mentiond in d bible (LIV. 11)

Dnt call ur self a christian, cos if you were you would should know better,where you quoted from was from the old testament, prior to the coming of jesus. Read acts 10 you will know better..don't just come and make post without knowing what you are talking about. Jesus brought change to a lot of things, they are right in the bible..study it before you claim to defend it..
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by diarra94(m): 5:21am On Apr 25, 2013
usayab: prophet Muhammad is the father of science. Can you name any scientis b4 the coming of prophet Muhammad? no! Do you know it was prophet Muhammad that is first person to pronounce there are 24 hours in a day. Many things we see in physics,biology,chemistry e.t.c. Are there available in Quran! Don't let sentiment to manifest ur high level of ignorancy.
i am sorry, i never knew prophet mohammed researched and made publications on pig. Tell me who is being ignorant here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Arewa Girls Celebrate Sallah With Stunning Photos / What Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) Thought Of Black People / How To Get Rid Of Jinn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.