Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,846 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs (79916 Views)

Why Islam Prohibits Gambling / Why Islam In Northern Nigeria Is Different From The South / American Company Sells Pork-laced Bullets To Fight Islamic Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
ItsModella:
If so, then I'm proud to be a demon tongue tongue

Epic reply! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by kwajahafiz(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2013
Theres not a damn thing wrong with pork...humans institute injunctions and rules for purposes of proporgating an idealism.
Some say the same things about other animals they find repulsive, forgeting that all manner of animal consumption could be vile and repugnant to other religions who abhore the acts, and also to people that just plain dont consume any manner of flesh.
there are a million reasons both speculative and real why an act could be termed inhuman or abhorant.
Goat which is widely consumed is one of the filthiest animals with regards to what it eats and digests.
I am vegeterian by choice, not by a religious injunction. people should eat what they like in moderation, and nothing more....
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by ManofSteel1: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2013
I dont know how true this is but a friend of mine just told me that new research by some scientist has revealed that those who abstain from pork strickly on religious grounds have a higher tendency to be violent, easily provoked or in other words ''less religiously tolerant of others''.I think their is something in pork DNA that calms the rest of the population down.

4 Likes

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Jamisco: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
javalove:

Well, my dear brother. Allah created man and every other thing scientists are researching into. They are only researching what he already knew. Hence, the commandment for muslims not to eat pork is not scientific but spiritual. There was no way our prophet Muhammed (Peace Be Upon Him) could have known how dangerous pork was at that time. It only meant that the commandment came from a higher authority.

If you pick uo the Qur'an, not just the issue of eating pork, there are so many other commandments/admonitions and information that could not have been possible to know back then. It is only now that we have microscopes and all "other forms of scopes" grin that we can tell.

For further reading, google scientific miracles of the Qur'an.

is there any thing miracle in Qur'an? one sheik ever said that the prophet forbid eating of pork meat because it dug water for him when he was tasty in a desert.

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Jamisco: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
javalove:

Well, my dear brother. Allah created man and every other thing scientists are researching into. They are only researching what he already knew. Hence, the commandment for muslims not to eat pork is not scientific but spiritual. There was no way our prophet Muhammed (Peace Be Upon Him) could have known how dangerous pork was at that time. It only meant that the commandment came from a higher authority.

If you pick uo the Qur'an, not just the issue of eating pork, there are so many other commandments/admonitions and information that could not have been possible to know back then. It is only now that we have microscopes and all "other forms of scopes" grin that we can tell.

For further reading, google scientific miracles of the Qur'an.

is there any thing miracle in Qur'an? one sheik ever said that the prophet forbid eating of pork meat because it dug water for him when he was tasty in a desert.

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by femu(m): 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
Start your Pig farm today and be financially liberated.
Farm raised Pigs are healthy and clean. So many muslims own Pig farms
Learn more at:
http://no1pigfan.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by maclatunji: 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2013
ItsModella:
huh? that was in the old testament.

In the new testament, in Acts 10: 9-15

Guy, abeg just leave matter for mathias jor.

Then kindly stop believing in Genesis and remove the old testament from the Bible altogether.

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Samsantos9: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
tintingz: Matthew 8:31 The demons begged Jesus, "If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs."

Becareful of what you eat madam grin
The pigs were the only creatures there at that time had it been they were goats the would have also been sent to the goats.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by jhidey08(m): 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
Abbey2sam:

Thought islam was a religion.........lols
thought u were a sensible guy. U lack manner of posting. Ur post sucks
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by maclatunji: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
ItsModella:
huh? that was in the old testament.

In the new testament, in Acts 10: 9-15

Guy, abeg just leave matter for mathias jor.

Bible
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Matthew 5:17
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by sammynaijaguy(m): 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
lol at king bauers comment
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by maclatunji: 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
ItsModella: Mark 7:18-19, Jesus says to his disciples,

By saying this, he declared all foods clean.

Jesus gave us the go ahead so me, I go chop pork till I die. grin

Can you prove this verse by drinking Otapiapia? Abeg no try am.

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by kolamilan(m): 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thank God say i no dey dat am
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by kolamilan(m): 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thank God say i no dey eat am
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Then kindly stop believing in Genesis and remove the old testament from the Bible altogether.
The Bible is a progressive book. The first 5 books of the bible (which includes Deuteronomy) consists of sermons and laws given to the Isrealites by the Lord through Moses. In the new testament, God sent his son, Jesus who came and redefined things. So stop chatting nonsense.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by jhidey08(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
Samsantos9: Pork is one of the sweetest meat. If well cooked it is totally harmless and pigs have a very efficient liver that detoxify any toxin it takes in. BTW chickens eat cockroaches, worms, maggots, e.t.c and cow also contains tape worms why didn't Muhammad ban the eating of chicken and beef?
do u knw dat dere r some harmful bacterias dat don't die even if cooked for 2yrs. And u can direct ur question to google, it'll giv u d bst answer. Olorinla!

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Can you prove this verse by drinking Otapiapia? Abeg no try am.
is otapiapia food? no offense but you're starting to sound daft.

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Bible
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Matthew 5:17

oh, so this Muslim thinks he can interpret the Bible better than me....go sit your down, son.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2013
ItsModella ban dey hungry you shey? cheesy cheesy ride on
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by initiate: 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
ItsModella:
oh, so this Muslim thinks he can interpret the Bible better than me....go sit your azz down, son.

Why not? Haven't you seen Islam in the Bible? It is portrayed in both Old and New Testaments. Check http:///dgE8g
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
~vicky~:
ItsModella ban dey hungry you shey? cheesy cheesy ride on
shuo, wetin concern me for this section sef? I never visit religion finish, na islam I wan visit. If no be say I see pork for frontpage, I no go even comment. He can ban me for eternity, I don't give a rats azz.

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by swtdarling(f): 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
i like d way this matter is being deliberated without insults.its being a while i saw d two religions deliberatin on issues intelligently.keep it up guys.quite educative.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by maclatunji: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
ItsModella:
oh, so this Muslim thinks he can interpret the Bible better than me....go sit your down, son.

Someone got caught-out. That statement is crystal clear.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
Pigs are reared in the most hygienic of conditions these days, therefore, all the reasons given above do not hold water. From my point of view, the pig was created by God for our consumption. Why else was it created?
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by toprealman: 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
ednut1: used to hate pork cos of d misconceptions, but one day at work a d chinese chef gave me bacon, was askin d dude what it was, but his accent was crap,naso i chop dis tin, he sweeet die, later wen to tesco to get it, as i check ingredients i saw pork(86%) tongue, abeg pig sweet, leave all dis one for mathais
I agree die. Can't resist a bargain from tesco....omo no dulling abeg.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Someone got caught-out. That statement is crystal clear.
Then, he says in Luke 24:44

"This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

You think you can understand the words of Jesus with just one verse? I pity you
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by BashToks: 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
Arsenate: So basically, Islam prohibits pork eating for medical/health reasons not for spiritual reasons. I see. So it simply means that if one can breed pigs in clean hygienic environment, a muslim eating it won't be a bad thing, no?

Lol.. breed a pig in a castle for all I care it wud still be a filthy animal.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by BashToks: 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
Marine*etyon:
Nonsense... If you like ban me...it can be found in the bible that not what enters into our system via the mouth that corrupts but what cometh thereof. So park well ok?

Gawd!! Dey hear talk. Not what enters that corrupts?? Go drink GAMALIN 20 MUMU!!
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by FindOut(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
The extent people will go to justify sin...even down to disputing loud and clear Bible quotes and hiding behind ambiguous and general quotes instead. Its a pity sad but then sha, when some people's minds are already hardened on certainthings, no matter how clear the proof you bring them, they will still argue with you and reject it, though in their heart of hearts, they know they are wrong.

Nothing that enters the system via the mouth corrupts indeed. I guess those who fall ill (whether lung cancer or kidney failure or food poisoning) and those who get intoxicated are not corrupted by what enters their mouth then. Mumu logic.

Continue eating your pork, no one's stopping you but stop denying/ deliberately misinterpreting explicit Bible quotes that have forbidden you from eating it. But dont forget that a day is coming when human logic will fail & you'll be asked "Were you not told?" God help us.

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by ednut1(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
toprealman:
I agree die. Can't resist a bargain from tesco....omo no dulling abeg.
hehehehehe
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2013
Find Out!:
The extent people will go to justify sin...even down to disputing loud and clear Bible quotes and hiding behind ambiguous and general quotes instead. Its a pity sad but then sha, when some people's minds are already hardened on certainthings, no matter how clear the proof you bring them, they will still argue with you and reject it, though in their heart of hearts, they know they are wrong.

Nothing that enters the system via the mouth corrupts indeed. I guess those who fall ill (whether lung cancer or kidney failure or food poisoning) and those who get intoxicated are not corrupted by what enters their mouth then. Mumu logic.

Continue eating your pork, no one's stopping you but stop denying/ deliberately misinterpreting explicit Bible quotes that have forbidden you from eating it.
I don't know if to classify this one's post as religious ignorance. Seriously, where in the Bible does it say eating pork is a sin? Isn't Mark 7:18-19 explicit enough for you? Or Acts 10:9-15?

The extent you people go to deny that something is not a sin baffles me.
Re: Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hypocrisy at its finest. Because na you holy pass...nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Arewa Girls Celebrate Sallah With Stunning Photos / What Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) Thought Of Black People / How To Get Rid Of Jinn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.