Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship (28591 Views)

Photos Of Two Women Fighting Over A Man.. / 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids / 1 Of My Best Friend's Constant Veneration On My Mom :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Bootylicious(f): 7:48am On Apr 15, 2013
There are a lot of ways to stop fighting in a relationship, but do you always want to follow them? Constant fighting in a relationship isn't healthy, but sometimes it happens. If you're finding yourself constantly fighting with your boyfriend or girlfriend, you've got to take a look at my ways to stop fighting in a relationship so you can really get back to enjoying each other! Remember, fights are typically caused by misunderstandings and underlying issues!

1. Don't Bring up The past:This is a huge step that I need to learn. I would say, one of the key ways to stop fighting in a relationship is to stop bringing up the past. The past is the past and the more that you bring it up, the worse the fight can actually be. Bringing up the past can also bring up a lot of old emotions, which is never good.

2. Don't Leave Things Unresolved:I know it's hard and you've probably heard it before, but going to bed angry is not going to solve anything. This can leave you both feeling extremely resentful and actually can make the fight last a lot longer. Why not resolve the fight before bed or at least talk it all out, so that you both can feel better?

3. Learn to Accept Each Other:Everyone in the world has flaws, some of the flaws are things that you've got to deal with, some of the flaws are things that you need to accept. This is where accepting each other for who you are comes in handy. Your boyfriend might never be the guy that brings home flowers and your girlfriend may never be the girl that can't stop nagging, but these are things that you need to learn to accept.

4. Figure Out The Root of The Problem:Every fight in the world has a root at the end of it. Once you figure out exactly what the root of the problem is, you'll be able to solve the problem and also solve the fight. It's not going to be easy, but it is going to be worth it.

5. Own up to Your Part of The Fight:One of the biggest problems that I have when I'm in a fight is that I get into my own head space – and I don't necessarily own up to my own part of the fight. It's hard to admit that you are wrong and to take the blame. Do it though. It's healthy and it'll make your partner appreciate you!

6. Ban The 'but':'But if you did this,' 'but if you did that,' eliminate the 'but' from your vocab when you are in a fight and you'll be way better off! I use the 'but' all of the time and truthfully, when I cut it out, the fight doesn't last nearly as long. Just curb your tongue a little!

7. Is This a Repeat Performance?I know that issues come up, but do you constantly have the same fight? Over and over again? Do you think that could be a sign? If you are constantly having a fight that revolves around a certain thing that your spouse does, why not bring it up to them calmly to stop the fight?

8. Remember What's Important:Finally, you always want to keep in mind that your relationship is very important and that you two are together for a reason. It's hard to keep that in mind when you are fighting, but it's so important.

While you might not feel like your relationship is amazing because of the constant fighting, there are tons of ways to stop fighting in your relationship, you just have to work at it. So, are you constantly fighting in your relationship?

SOURCE:http://abidemionline.com/relationship/ways-to-stop-constant-fighting-in-a-relationship/

17 Likes

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by djeezy(m): 8:05am On Apr 15, 2013
Nice article, to be frank I'm guilty of no 1. I use it to score cheap points and also a justification for my lack or decline in trust. I wish to change someday though.

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 15, 2013
Nice article smiley
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Bootylicious(f): 11:52am On Apr 15, 2013
Thank You
Subomi-luv:
Nice article smiley

1 Like

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by 190: 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
I love fighting embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
Great!!!
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by MadCow1: 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2013
Knock her out!! angry

6 Likes

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by devigblegble: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
Ok na
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by MMM2(m): 4:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
Steady supply of punny or pussy 2 ur man undecided
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by MMM2(m): 4:12pm On Apr 15, 2013
Steady supply of punny or pu ssy 2 ur man undecided
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by fuckluv(f): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
190: I love fighting embarassed embarassed
clap for yourself then cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by slimming: 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
Praying together will surely stop it

1 Like

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by dridowu: 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2013
9ce 1
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by ifyfaith: 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
NOTED
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by eforce01: 4:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
Even though you should not be quick to write off a relationship but constant fighting and disagreement without any headway or change is one of the sure signs that you are not compatible and should just forget it.

It may also be a sign that you are in an abusive relationships. Other signs are listed here.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/02/signs-of-abusive-relationship.html

1 Like

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
Some ladies can't do without fighting.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by SincereBigot: 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
splash some cash.... Daz all!
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Shankboye(m): 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
Na una sabi

1 Like

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
nice write up...

we shld also learn to tolerate and endure to some extent and nt nag at any slightest mistake...dont also be a fault finder, alwys findin fault where there's none...

1 Like

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by gabzzy: 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
nyz write up diz will really help ma relationshi
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by 50calibre(m): 4:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
There shouldn't be fighting in the first place, that's a bad omen. Relationship should not be a democracy, it's should be an authoritarianism, with the man's decisions unquestioned and unchallenged just as It was in the days of old. Like abraham and Sarah.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by kcjazz(m): 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
Choose your battles. Fights happen!
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by MEILYN(m): 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
wen u dey 4 relationship nd d fighting dey consistent, Broda,Sister abeg break up nd run 4 ur life, Find d perfect man or woman 4 u.Consistent fighting in a Relationship is a childs play
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
its part of the whole thing, even u d op cant change d fact, two pple r involved u knw
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Temismith(f): 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
sorry, dere is no way to stop it, u can rather reduce it.

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by jydmak(m): 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
grin
gud of u, man.
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
Owk sir
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by syras: 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
This is a nice write-up. Well, working at those points is the real work.
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by ichommy(m): 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
Great 1
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Bootylicious(f): 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
Reminiscing over bitter issues is one thing that ruins d relationship, since you know you are guilty of that try and work on it and am sure almost every1 is guilty of point 1 , but takes a conscious effort to work on it.
djeezy: Nice article, to be frank I'm guilty of no 1. I use it to score cheap points and also a justification for my lack or decline in trust. I wish to change someday though.
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Bootylicious(f): 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
Thanks
syras: This is a nice write-up. Well, working at those points is the real work.
Re: Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship by Bootylicious(f): 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
Thank You
ichommy: Great 1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whats The Male Version Of Side Chicks? / Have U Ever Have Sex With A Married Woman Share Yr Experience / Who A Big Girl Is NOT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.