Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,991 members, 7,838,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation (14100 Views)

THE IGBO AGENDA AGAINST THE YORUBA IN LAGOS - / Jimi Agbaje Should Desist From Making His Mandate An Igbo Agenda / APC Has No Igbo Agenda. We 'll Vote For Jonathan-ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
ckkris:
Unnecessarily defensive.
Looolz i or Mrs Ngozi?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
chess guru:
I agree
yeah, there is nothing tribalistic in what she says...............twas a lecture she delivered in ''Igbo'' symposium...!!!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
ckkris:
Are they Yoruba?
Looolz not everybody that doesn't speak yoruba or hausa must turn out to be igbo.
She said she is, so am not disputing anything. But J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ because ikwerri speak igbo doesn't mean they consider themselves one. So what does that make them?...yoruba?
Anyways I was only asking that cos my delta igbo friends here always emphasis the "delta" part when they call themselves.
That's where I developed the notion that the delta igbo where a bit like the ikwerri. Like I said, I stand to be corrected
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chi4ik(m): 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
The perception people has against igbo's in this nation is very awful, igbo's aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ hard-working, Educated A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ business oriented! A̶̲̥̅♏ with objection τ̅ђa̶̲̥̅̊t igbo's love money A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ can kill because of money! Let me ask, who hate money? No matter ♓☺w the hatred escalate, igbo's aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ still united A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ progressive than any other tribe in Nigeria! If U̶̲̥̅̊ doubt, check the ecenomy of any easthern state A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ their development A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ compaire t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ any other tribe/state in Nigeria! Long live Igbo's, long live my tribe A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ igbo till l die A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ even in my next world. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by nagoma(m): 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
fr3do:
idiote (in spanish accent)
do u know what bigot means?
Not being a bigot doesnt mean u shud completely 4get ur origin.
She is igbo and she is proud.
If u dont like igbos u can kiss my a$$,french kiss

You are too shallow to understand ( I never said she should forget her Igbonness) . You need a real tutorial. All you can do is insult , which is very easy. Perhaps I have worse insults I could pour on you but that would be too low.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by asha80(m): 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2013
chess guru:
Looolz i or Mrs Ngozi?
you guys are just funny.igbos not being 'united' is seen as a negative thing by other groups yet if for any reason an igbo person decides to favour another igbo person it is seen as igbo agenda of domination.you guys should just make up your mind.that is how people make noise that igbo peoiple do not allow other ethnics to trade in the same market igbos dominate because they are not accomodating of other ethnics.you now wonder how igbos that 'hate' each other or are 'disunited' would unite to fustrate others ethnics from trading in the same market.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2013
asha 80: you guys are just funny.igbos not being 'united' is seen as a negative thing by other groups yet if for any reason an igbo person decides to favour another igbo person it is seen as igbo agenda of domination.you guys should just make up your mind.that is how people make noise that igbo peoiple do not allow other ethnics to trade in the same market igbos dominate because they are not accomodating of other ethnics.you now wonder how igbos that 'hate' each other or are 'disunited' would unite to fustrate others ethnics from trading in the same market.
Am on my own ooo smiley I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ maintain the woman was making sense. Where u come from shouldn't matter. In an ideal system, only the best should be chosen. That's my take
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by asha80(m): 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
also for those saying that noi is not igbo then i guess apart from ifeajuna and ademulegun then that 66 coup was not an 'igbo' coup but a delta coup since the others are from present day delta.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by asha80(m): 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
chess guru:
Am on my own ooo smiley I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ maintain the woman was making sense. Where u come from shouldn't matter. In an ideal system, only the best should be chosen. That's my take
however you implied from your first statement in this thread that the so called igbo 'disunity' is a bad thing.that parapo is ultimate and that people that practice parapo are highly revered.you then wonder why the country is in a big mess.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by kirian202: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
ckkris:
Only Nzogwu coups is Ibo coups, but they're not Ibos?
My brother I tire ooooh!!!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
asha 80: however you implied from your first statement in this thread that the so called igbo 'disunity' is a bad thing.that parapo is ultimate and that people that practice parapo are highly revered.you then wonder why the country is in a big mess.
Hmmm
Would you then say "disunity" is a good thing?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Gamji007: 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2013
ckkris:
Born-to-be-enslaved.

cheesy
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by oturugo(m): 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
ckkris:
Only Nzogwu coups is Ibo coups, but they're not Ibos?
Is there any reason why you have to switch from Igbo to Ibo. In the original thread, there was no where ibo was mentioned yet you come here writing ibo. Is there anything you want to tell us that we do not know about ourselves.
Respect your self please.
At the topic, for Nigeria to progress, everything has to be based on merit.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
oturugo:
Is there any reason why you have to switch from Igbo to Ibo. In the original thread, there was no where ibo was mentioned yet you come here writing ibo. Is there anything you want to tell us that we do not know about ourselves.
Respect your self please.
[B]At the topic, for Nigeria to progress, everything has to be based on merit.[/b]
Well said

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by asha80(m): 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
chess guru:
Hmmm
Would you then say "disunity" is a good thing?
united in doing what exactly?i am sure if i head an organisation and conduct a test where probably you scored highest and then another igbo guy scored lower than you but i still went ahead and chose the igbo guy because he is my brother and speaks my language you go hail am abi as correct move(especially govt organisations)?how many hausas or fulanis are in dangotes companies especially top level management?this goes to show that the problems we have in this country are not the rulers but ourselves and our mentality.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by anonimi: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
I did not hear any hausa-fulani being so defensive when they were in charge and making the country waste awy for so many decades.
Why are we so afraid of their grunts when they contribute almost nothing to the national economy

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
In Nigeria, all it takes for an Igbo personality to be a "bigot" is to say "Igbo", "Hausa" or "Yoruba" or any other tribe in one sentence.

I keep saying that Igbos are held to a far higher standard than others... because if this was a leader of another ethnic extraction making far worse comments (i.e. actual bigoted statements), no one would blink an eyelid.

Even worse, people would come to that person's defense if the attacked group was Igbo.

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
asha 80: united in doing what exactly?i am sure if i head an organisation and conduct a test where probably you scored highest and then another igbo guy scored lower than you but i still went ahead and chose the igbo guy because he is my brother and speaks my language you go hail am abi as correct move(especially govt organisations)?how many hausas or fulanis are in dangotes companies especially top level management?this goes to show that the problems we have in this country are not the rulers but ourselves and our mentality.
Hmm I see your point sha. Then I guess all forms of individual tribal or ethinic unity will lead to tribalisim in one form or the other.
In that case, we have a circular argument, more questions than answer.
*at this junction of the thread, I kindly exit and search for my panadol.*
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
J12:
She is from Asaba and they see themselves as Igbos.

Why are you guys always bothering yourselves over things that doesn't make sense. We know where exactly Anioma came from in Anambra and they know this themselves. Ask that busy body who in Delta doesn't see themselves as Igbo ? You guys need to learn how to ignore people sometimes. Gosh!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2013
chess guru:
@ the bolded above....haba why do we choose to skew statements. What made u think her call for unity of the igbo folks was purely for those in government!
Its a general call to do something about the igbo penchant for dividing @ the time unity is needed most. She used the example of how the rest of the county see the igbo's as people who only dance to the highest bidder, and will even go against themselves for the right price. This was the reason for her call of unity. Claiming that she was only referring to igbo's in government is highly narrow minded

Did you read this:

“We don’t support each other, let’s be very clear about that. We don’t, so we need to change because of the way others perceive us. Let me just tell you when I was in Obasanjo’s administration, I was in the midst of some northerners who were having a conversation and I think theyforgot maybe because they think I came from the US. The conversation was quite free and their perception of the Igbo was that any Igbo person is for sale. You just name a price; there must be a price that will get that person to do something even if it’s killing a fellow Igbo person. They will do it for a price. That day, I felt like crawling under the table but I was brave. After they finished, I said “well, I just want to remind you I am Igbo and not everybody has a price but they said Ngozi no it is not you we are talking about. We know you don’t have a price. I said: ‘no,I am not talking about myself. I mean that 99 per cent of Igbo people don’t have a
price. They are honest people doing their jobs. So this is the perception and I think we need to do something about that now. How? It begins with you. It begins with the individual, if you decide to maintain those Igbo values of honesty, integrity, dignity,” she said

^^^Read that and understand she isn't really that smart and her brain cells her tucked in her fat lips...

I never liked the woman because she's a world bank puppet... Now, add ethnic chauvinist to that equation and see why Nigeria has been a failure since she became the Finance Minister

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by jessyz(f): 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2013
She said that she is igbo and some bigots are saying she's not. Smh for oversabi people.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2013
nnenna.1:
In Nigeria, all it takes for an Igbo personality to be a "bigot" is to say "Igbo", "Hausa" or "Yoruba" or any other tribe in one sentence.

I keep saying that Igbos are held to a far higher standard than others... because if this was a leader of another ethnic extraction making far worse comments (i.e. actual bigoted statements), no one would blink an eyelid.

Even worse, people would come to that person's defense if the attacked group was Igbo.

What the feck are you on about? This woman is "educated" and "exposed" enough to do things without ethnic sentiments... No one's holding Igbos to a higher standard - Igbos just like shooting themselves in the foot...

It's all about tribe with you savages in that country - how about get the most qualified people with proven problem solving skills to get the country out of the doldrums? My tribe this, my people that - who gives a fvck?

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2013
shymexx:

Did you read this:

^^^Read that and understand she isn't really that smart and her brain cells her tucked in her fat lips...

I never liked the woman because she's a world bank puppet... Now, add ethnic chauvinist to that equation and see why Nigeria has been a failure since she became the Finance Minister
Hehehehe @ d bolded. U dey vex o. Don't really knw much about world bank, so can't talk about that
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Abel202: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
[b]Madam Ngozu Okonjo Iweala made a very clear statement. And she made sense for that matter.
Fact is that we Igbos are goal-getters. We are ambitious. We always want to go to the top of any endearvour we find ourselves. Each Igbo man has it in his DNA to be an achiever. We don't give up so easily. And we are proud of who we are.
This is why anybody that has to compete with an Igboman feels threatened. Because the Igbo man will always manage to get to the top if everything is left on merit.
It is because the Igbo man learnt fast from the colonial masters and was poised to take over every reign of the top echelon of Nigeria's political cum economic sphere, that the Yorubas felt threatened and connived with the never-do-well Hausas to run out the Igbos resulting into the civil war. The Yorubas then used the period to consolidate their grip on the economy while the Hausas consolidated their grip on the Army and the political space.
Now beacuse the Igbo man's DNA is wired for success, we can fall as many times as possible, but we always rise to the top. Now the Igbo man's rise to power is looking imminent with our cousin Jonathan already in the sit of power, and so many people are already feeling threatened and jittery. Wao similar like the fear of the Jew.
Truth is that if everything is left on merit the people that can compete with the Igbo man is the South South and South West. The North will not even get anything. And the northerners know it very well. That is why they use Federal character and their lopsided quota system to weigh us down.
THE PARADOX OF NIGERIA IS THAT SINCE THE YORUBAS CONNIVED WITH THE NEVER-DO-WELL-IN-ANY-FIELD HAUSAS TO ENSURE THAT AN IGBO MAN NEVER GETS TO BE NIGERIA'S PRESIDENT, NIGERIA HAS NEVER DONE WELL AS ONLY MEDIOCRES MANAGE TO FIND THEMSELVES IN POWER.
If the fear of the Igbo man is removed in Nigeria and everything is done on Merit, I assure you Nigeria will be better for it. The people that can compete will compete and the ones that can not might decide to opt out of Nigeria.
Competition is good, and healthy competition is very good. This federal character and quota system bullshit is stiffling growth in Nigeria. Until we do everything on merit we might as well remain a sleeping giant.[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by mandarin: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2013
claremont:
On the contrary, I would argue that there is actually a positive perception of Igbos, not only in Nigeria, but also around the world. They are known for their entrepreneurial spirit against all odds, that is the first thing that comes to my mind when I meet one of them. I'm not Igbo by the way.

Yes and that would have made the Igbo person someone to admire if the culture of get rich at any cost is not involved.I love the Igbo for their struggles, they are self reliant and independent.But this has its own negativity which is playing out in everyone playing king of my backyard system. There is the need to evolve a communal system that cares for the up coming, parents need to know what their children do for a living and see that they succeed. More supports for the young folks will make them think with good sense of community relations.
Madam Ngozi may have her rhetorics like saying the economy is growing yet we don't see opportunities created! One thing is sure to every action there is an equal and opposite reactions, so consider others on merit so that you don't over kill your future opportunities!
I pray this woman will help create more opportunities in the economy and not give us the kind of world bank/IMF stimulated policies that will bring us down into the abyss.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
chess guru:
Hehehehe @ d bolded. U dey vex o. Don't really knw much about world bank, so can't talk about that

Can you educate me on when being book smart and being a willing puppet became the yardstick for judging problem solving skills?

Every time this woman opens her mouth, she continues to prove me right about how inarticulate and dumb she's... Go watch the fuel subsidy interview with CNN and see how she couldn't defend the policy... She just kept citing female mortality rate and some bogus crap about all buses in Nigeria using diesel... Heck, the petroleum minister and Sanusi did a far better job than her at articulating the reason behind the fuel subsidy removal..

And now this...

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by slimghost(m): 1:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
shymexx:

Can you educate me on when being book smart and being a willing puppet became the yardstick for judging problem solving skills?

Every time this woman opens her mouth, she continues to prove me right about how inarticulate and dumb she's... Go watch the fuel subsidy interview with CNN and see how she couldn't defend the policy... She just keep citing female mortality rate and some bogus crap about all buses in Nigeria using diesel... Heck, the petroleum minister and Sanusi did a far better job than her at articulating the reason behind the fuel subsidy removal..

And now this...

What exactly is your Problem dude? The woman is advocating for Merit over favoritism, whats wrong with that? Take your hatred somewhere else dude.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan To Drag EFCC To West African Court / $151m Deposits: Bankers, Civil Servants To Face Trial / Ambode Confirms Justice Opeyemi As Chief Judge Of Lagos State - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.