Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,432 members, 7,843,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation (14102 Views)

THE IGBO AGENDA AGAINST THE YORUBA IN LAGOS - / Jimi Agbaje Should Desist From Making His Mandate An Igbo Agenda / APC Has No Igbo Agenda. We 'll Vote For Jonathan-ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Yeske2(m): 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
Abel202: [b]Madam Ngozu Okonjo Iweala made a very clear statement. And she made sense for that matter.
Fact is that we Igbos are goal-getters. We are ambitious. We always want to go to the top of any endearvour we find ourselves. Each Igbo man has it in his DNA to be an achiever. We don't give up so easily. And we are proud of who we are.
This is why anybody that has to compete with an Igboman feels threatened. Because the Igbo man will always manage to get to the top if everything is left on merit.
It is because the Igbo man learnt fast from the colonial masters and was poised to take over every reign of the top echelon of Nigeria's political cum economic sphere, that the Yorubas felt threatened and connived with the never-do-well Hausas to run out the Igbos resulting into the civil war. The Yorubas then used the period to consolidate their grip on the economy while the Hausas consolidated their grip on the Army and the political space.
Now beacuse the Igbo man's DNA is wired for success, we can fall as many times as possible, but we always rise to the top. Now the Igbo man's rise to power is looking imminent with our cousin Jonathan already in the sit of power, and so many people are already feeling threatened and jittery. Wao similar like the fear of the Jew.
Truth is that if everything is left on merit the people that can compete with the Igbo man is the South South and South West. The North will not even get anything. And the northerners know it very well. That is why they use Federal character and their lopsided quota system to weigh us down.
THE PARADOX OF NIGERIA IS THAT SINCE THE YORUBAS CONNIVED WITH THE NEVER-DO-WELL-IN-ANY-FIELD HAUSAS TO ENSURE THAT AN IGBO MAN NEVER GETS TO BE NIGERIA'S PRESIDENT, NIGERIA HAS NEVER DONE WELL AS ONLY MEDIOCRES MANAGE TO FIND THEMSELVES IN POWER.
If the fear of the Igbo man is removed in Nigeria and everything is done on Merit, I assure you Nigeria will be better for it. The people that can compete will compete and the ones that can not might decide to opt out of Nigeria.
Competition is good, and healthy competition is very good. This federal character and quota system bullshit is stiffling growth in Nigeria. Until we do everything on merit we might as well remain a sleeping giant.[/b]
You just said it all, 1000 likes.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Yeske2(m): 5:06pm On Apr 15, 2013
^^^
Grow up for once and argue more maturedly.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by maasoap(m): 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2013
slimghost:
How am i supposed to counter such a senseless post? When you are finally cured of tribalism and blind hatred, we can sit down and have a decent discussion. I know your type too well.
Still living in denial? May be we can start from aviation favouritism to immigration to finance to defence recruitment and forced retirements and subsequent undue promotions. You've got nothing to say kid.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by nagoma(m): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
purpleclouds:
No they are just misunderstood cheesy
I always laugh at his backwardness. He's a teacher but he must be one of those quota teachers from the North that got in Teacher's College with a zero pass mark. I pity the kids he teaches, if hates Igbo people and Southerners in general what do you think will happen to the minds under his tutelage? Creating future zombies that will done the robes of Boko Haram.He talks about how smart the North is but their "smarts" has them dealing with Polio a disease killing his forefathers a century ago when there was no cure is still killing them today undecided
Now they have one flesh eating disease, I bet Northern smarts will prevail again cheesy
Assuming that I am a teacher as you said I need to teach youa few things before we talk. Polio is not generally a killer disease although a rare type of polio (bulbar polio can affect the respiratory center and paralyze breathing and cause death). Meningitis, respiratory infections and diarrhoeal illnesses cause much more (thousands of times more death than polio in children).So I got into teachers college with zero pass mark? I wonder how Oga at the top got his PhD but I know that all hype about Igbo education is exam malpractice. A family of 6 can share one certificate and you know this better than I do.My students are not Zombies, 5hey don't cheat in exams and they do very well.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by sliimghost: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
maasoap: Still living in denial? May be we can start from aviation favouritism to immigration to finance to defence recruitment and forced retirements and subsequent undue promotions. You've got nothing to say kid.

Like i told u kid, you are one unrepentant bigot and i hope you don't die one. I thought the senate investigated the bogus aviation claims and came out with nothing? The same way Ihejirika cleared the air on the Military rumors? But born tribalists like you wont let it go, i really feel for you because from all indications, you need serious help!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by purpleclouds: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
nagoma:
Assuming that I am a teacher as you said I need to teach youa few things before we talk. Polio is not generally a killer disease although a rare type of polio (bulbar polio can affect the respiratory center and paralyze breathing and cause death). Meningitis, respiratory infections and diarrhoeal illnesses cause much more (thousands of times more death than polio in children).So I got into teachers college with zero pass mark? I wonder how Oga at the top got his PhD but I know that all hype about Igbo education is exam malpractice. A family of 6 can share one certificate and you know this better than I do.My students are not Zombies, 5hey don't cheat in exams and they do very well.

Definitely a quota teacher grin

Polio:
Although approximately 90% of polio infections cause no symptoms at all, affected individuals can exhibit a range of symptoms if the virus enters the blood stream.[3] In about 1% of cases, the virus enters the central nervous system, preferentially infecting and destroying motor neurons, leading to muscle weakness and acute flaccid paralysis. Different types of paralysis may occur, depending on the nerves involved. Spinal polio is the most common form, characterized by asymmetric paralysis that most often involves the legs. Bulbar polio leads to weakness of muscles innervated by cranial nerves. Bulbospinal polio is a combination of bulbar and spinal paralysis.

So because it doesn't kill its ok for it to be propagating uncontrolled in the North? Of course now, you guys are fans of low expectations. You may not be able to walk but, you are alive thanks to Allah

So Meningitis is the big killer in the North. So how is swearing off Western Medicine working for you tongue

So all the hype about Northerners coming dead last in education is lies?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Kingspin(m): 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
Let other Nigerian take it or leave it,most part of this country hates igbo people and their problem is that they (igbo) are hard working,industrial,special etc people.I must tell u they are envy of igbos not because of the name but what an Igbo man and woman can do.If you watch closely every other tribe is fighting,talking against the igbo while they forget to take care of theirs odds .
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by ayswags2: 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2013
chi4ik: The perception people has against igbo's in this nation is very awful, igbo's aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ hard-working, Educated A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ business oriented! A̶̲̥̅♏ with objection τ̅ђa̶̲̥̅̊t igbo's love money A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ can kill because of money! Let me ask, who hate money? No matter ♓☺w the hatred escalate, igbo's aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ still united A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ progressive than any other tribe in Nigeria! If U̶̲̥̅̊ doubt, check the ecenomy of any easthern state A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ their development A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ compaire t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ any other tribe/state in Nigeria! Long live Igbo's, long live my tribe A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ igbo till l die A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ even in my next world. Shalom
and what is the economy of igbos state to other states or are u high on sometin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by nagoma(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
purpleclouds:

Polio:
Although approximately 90% of polio infections cause no symptoms at all, affected individuals can exhibit a range of symptoms if the virus enters the blood stream.[3] In about 1% of cases, the virus enters the central nervous system, preferentially infecting and destroying motor neurons, leading to muscle weakness and acute flaccid paralysis. Different types of paralysis may occur, depending on the nerves involved. Spinal polio is the most common form, characterized by asymmetric paralysis that most often involves the legs. Bulbar polio leads to weakness of muscles innervated by cranial nerves. Bulbospinal polio is a combination of bulbar and spinal paralysis.
So because it doesn't kill its ok for it to be propagating uncontrolled in the North? Of course now, you guys are fans of low expectations. You may not be able to walk but, you are alive thanks to Allah
So Meningitis is the big killer in the North. So how is swearing off Western Medicine working for you tongue

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by nagoma(m): 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
purpleclouds:
Polio:
Although approximately 90% of polio infections cause no symptoms at all, affected individuals can exhibit a range of symptoms if the virus enters the blood stream.[3] In about 1% of cases, the virus enters the central nervous system, preferentially infecting and destroying motor neurons, leading to muscle weakness and acute
Just because I made an important correction to you you rushed to google and copy and paste what they said about polio. I know that polio is a serious illness with far reaching cosequences and nobody should have it.about 10 cases were found in kano and 3 in theFCT within the last one year.this is bad and the effort is to ensure it's eradication and we are working towards that. You can describe Polio as crippling disease, a debilitating disease a disabling disease and you are right and you will score marks in my exam. When you say that it's a killer disease then I the teacher know that you don't know what you are talking about so I mark you accordingly. It's just my instinct to correct a student whose so called education was through expo and does not really understand what he is talking about. I only gave you an example of killer diseases to guide you right. I wonder how much you paid for your certificate.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by sbeezy8: 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
-she said that at an igbo cultural showcase which is expected- when she said that people gained positions on Merritt was she also talking about GEJ? His whole political career was based on backdoor.

-this speech would have held more weight if she said it in the midst of ijaw yoruba hausa edos urhobo igalas fulani efik kanuri,

I don't believe she or anyone has an igbo agenda but that was quite dumb of her to say 99% of igbo dont have a price, 99% of humans have a price regardless or race/ethnicity. With all her education and years of experience she reason like a child.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by purpleclouds: 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
nagoma:
Just because I made an important correction to you you rushed to google and copy and paste what they said about polio. I know that polio is a serious illness with far reaching cosequences and nobody should have it.about 10 cases were found in kano and 3 in theFCT within the last one year.this is bad and the effort is to ensure it's eradication and we are working towards that. You can describe Polio as crippling disease, a debilitating disease a disabling disease and you are right and you will score marks in my exam. When you say that it's a killer disease then I the teacher know that you don't know what you are talking about so I mark you accordingly. It's just my instinct to correct a student whose so called education was through expo and does not really understand what he is talking about. I only gave you an example of killer diseases to guide you right. I wonder how much you paid for your certificate.

AIDS doesn't kill people but complications from AIDS kills people are you going to now say that AIDS is not a deadly condition without treatment?

Or are you one those half clever idiotas?

Polio is known as a debilitating and deadly disease, if that wasn't the case WHO and Bill Gates would not be running around trying to eradicate it.

But some literate iliterate who sabi book small knows better than the scientists of the world.

Yes you guys are hard at work trying to rid the North of polio by killing doctors who free of charge vaccinate people.

Even if you survive a disease if your quality of life is reduced to crawling the streets of Lagos with slippers on your hands begging for alms is that a life worth living?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by dbride: 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
nagoma: I have always thought that NOI was detribalized international Nigerian but this lecture has convinced me beyond doubt that she is just another Igbo bigot , with more education than most.

As usual, your brain is remotely controlled to view every comment made by a southerner anti north. You didnt read where she said some northerners were having a conversation and making derogatory remarks regarding the igbos? What in her comment describes NOI as tribalistic? You always expose your wicked thoughts even when they have no bearing with what is being said.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by sbeezy8: 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
Everyone has a price mrs-

sbeezy8:
[size=13pt]Suspected Kidnappers Of Iweala’s Mom Paraded
[/size][/b]Published on April 15, 2013 by · 2 Comments

The Lagos State Police Command Monday paraded suspected kidnappers of the mother of the Coordinating Minister and Minister of Finance, Mrs Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, in Lagos, southwest Nigeria.
Professor Kamene Okonjo, the mother of Okonjo-Iweala, was kidnapped by gunmen 9 December, 2012 in Delta state, southsouth Nigeria.
[b]The eight suspects paraded Monday in Lagos are Ejiofor Ogbue a.k.a. Marvelous, 22, Michael Ojeabulu, 23, Endurance Oke, 22, Ibrahim Abubakar, 28, Buhari Amadora, 27, Hassan Oseni, 29, Chiejine Onochie, 32, and Chukwuma Okoh, 31.
Some of the suspects were arrested in Port Harcourt on 2 April, 2013 following the arrest of their suspected gang leader, Ejiofor Marvelous, and Okoh on 27 March, 2013 at about 1000hrs by men of the State Investigation Burea, SID, in the Lagos Police Command.

[size=15pt]EVERYONE HAS A PRICE REGARDLESS OF TRIBE
[/size]
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
Quite disappointing to hear someone as exposed as NOI advancing views that portray her as an ethnocentric chump partaking in one of those "we are better than the rest" discussion threads one gets to read on Nairaland angry

Unfortunate - this is.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by dbride: 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
Consider NAGOMA.......

Please let nagoma be. We are from different backgrounds, have different ideologies, different beliefs. Nagoma and his kind are neither comfortable among the blacks nor whites. They enjoy their own company only; change is an abomination, conservatism is their food, the thought of being in power is their daily preoccupation and birth right.

Be warned, dont expect anything constructive from him. He thinks one-way even if it leads to hell. Nagoma go on soun.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Abagworo(m): 7:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
eGuerrilla: Quite disappointing to hear someone as exposed as NOI advancing views that portray her as an ethnocentric chump partaking in one of those "we are better than the rest" discussion threads one gets to read on Nairaland angry

Unfortunate - this is.

I don't think Dr Iweala made any such remarks as you alleged. She only made it clear that those Igbos got there by merit and not that all Igbos are better than every other people.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
Bad example, unless you are insinuating that everyone regardless of tribe is a kidnapper/criminal in the making.

I also find it funny that you overlooked the Northerners who ascribed this to Igbos only.

sbeezy8: Everyone has a price mrs-

[size=15pt]EVERYONE HAS A PRICE REGARDLESS OF TRIBE
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
eGuerrilla: Quite disappointing to hear someone as exposed as NOI advancing views that portray her as an ethnocentric chump partaking in one of those "we are better than the rest" discussion threads one gets to read on Nairaland angry

Unfortunate - this is.
I think you'r absolutely wrong this time. There's nothing to suggest "we are better than the rest" in that report. NOI narrated an experience where some persons said certain uncharitable things about Igbos and she as an Igbo woman felt bad. So whats wrong with that? That is only natural. She went on to criticise the Igbos for lack of unity. What is wrong with that? Note she was speaking to a gathering of Igbos. In terms of merit, she said "But by the way, when you think of merit and competition Igbos don’t do badly and that is a problem, we do rather well". I also see nothing wrong with such commendation. That I do well in something does not mean others do not also do well.

In conclusion, your "we are better than the rest" claim is just a figment of your imagination.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
Abagworo:

I don't think Dr Iweala made any such remarks as you alleged. She only made it clear that those Igbos got there by merit and not that all Igbos are better than every other people.

Did you read the statement copied in below?

I mean that 99 per cent of Igbo people don’t have a price. They are honest people doing their jobs

Substitute NOI for Sanusi and then reflect on how it comes across?

Yes, I am holding her to higher set of standards than your average NL commentator.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
Quoted for emphasis.

Notice how almost no one is commenting on the Northern officials who have strong views against Igbos, per Iweala's narrative.

It's bigotry unless Igbos are attacked.

nnenna.1:
In Nigeria, all it takes for an Igbo personality to be a "bigot" is to say "Igbo", "Hausa" or "Yoruba" or any other tribe in one sentence.

I keep saying that Igbos are held to a far higher standard than others... because if this was a leader of another ethnic extraction making far worse comments (i.e. actual bigoted statements), no one would blink an eyelid.

Even worse, people would come to that person's defense if the attacked group was Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
People should stop reasoning with the detractors. They know exactly what they are doing and your clarifying NOI's statements will not change anything.

Just call out their BS for what it is.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I think you'r absolutely wrong this time. There's nothing to suggest "we are better than the rest" in that report. NOI narrated an experience where some persons said certain uncharitable things about Igbos and she as an Igbo woman felt bad. So whats wrong with that? That is only natural. She went on to criticise the Igbos for lack of unity. What is wrong with that? Note she was speaking to a gathering of Igbos. In terms of merit, she said "But by the way, when you think of merit and competition Igbos don’t do badly and that is a problem, we do rather well". I also see nothing wrong with such commendation. That I do well in something does not mean others do not also do well.

In conclusion, your "we are better than the rest" claim is just a figment of your imagination.

When you arrogate to yourself the responsibility of projecting a statistic which is, at best, a figment of your imagination - as she did - you are playing the "we are better than the rest" card in my book.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
How can I even take some of you seriously when you use archaic words/grammar?

What the feck is "some persons?" Sincere Nigerian, take note.

The next time I see "some persons" and "whom" on my iMac screen, I'll P.O.D nairaland!! grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2013
hypeman: How can I even take some of you seriously when you use archaic words/grammar?

What the feck is "some persons?" Sincere Nigerian, take note.

The next time I see "some persons" and "whom" on my iMac screen, I'll P.O.D nairaland!! grin
Ok sir. But grammar na grammar. Anyway, noted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Asiwaju Tinubu : The Limits Of Political Influence By Joseph Edgar / House Of Reps Grill Kemi Adeosun & Others Over Nonpayment Of Pensioners(pics) / Akwa Ibom State Government Donates New Vehicles To Police (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.