Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,963 members, 7,838,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation (14098 Views)

THE IGBO AGENDA AGAINST THE YORUBA IN LAGOS - / Jimi Agbaje Should Desist From Making His Mandate An Igbo Agenda / APC Has No Igbo Agenda. We 'll Vote For Jonathan-ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2013
euromilion:

For ur information she is not even an ibo woman.

Yeah, she is an IGBO woman. Ode!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by PHIPEX(m): 11:31am On Apr 15, 2013
euromilion:

For ur information she is not even an ibo woman.

That day, I felt like crawling under the table but I was brave. After they finished, I said “well, I just want to remind you I am Igbo and not everybody has a price but they said Ngozi no it is not you we are talking about.
Don't claim to be over-wise, it makes you look ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 15, 2013
ceaz4r:

Pls can u explain to me how she got it wrong on the emboldened as u put it.

As a neutral observer reading that speech, I got the message that she is saying that Hausas think of Igbos as greedy and selfish even though 99% of Igbos are honest and hard working people. She inadvertently created showed her own bias in an attempt defend her people.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 15, 2013
Notmany Delta Igbos like this woman will accept to be Igbo. If we have people like her and The Chief of Army Staff, Ihejirika then Igbos would be a greater place. Not Anyim who is SGF and can't boast of any assistance for his brothers.
and sisters.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Chillypelly(m): 11:35am On Apr 15, 2013
P e r s o n a l l y , i l i k e t h i s h a t e g a m e o n t h e I g b o s because we tend to move faster to the top while the haters sip and fill their hate bellies with gutter water.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 15, 2013
naijababe:

As a neutral observer reading that speech, I got the message that she is saying that Hausas think of Igbos as greedy and selfish even though 99% of Igbos are honest and hard working people. She inadvertently created showed her own bias in an attempt defend her people.

Your comment exposed your unfair judgement towards Mrs Okonjo.
She cited an instance(a fact for that matter) to buttress her point. It could've been Hausas, Yoruba's or foreigners.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 15, 2013
J12:

Your comment exposed your unfair judgement towards Mrs Okonjo.
She cited an instance(a fact for that matter) to buttress her point. It could've been Hausas, Yoruba's or foreigners.

Really?! Why didnt she just say ' I was among some people' ?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by PHIPEX(m): 11:49am On Apr 15, 2013
euromilion:

U could think watever u want,But we kno that we are not ibo.
What really makes someone an Igbo?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Gamji007: 11:52am On Apr 15, 2013
I always thought Madam Ngozi to be a neutral Nigerian and I loved her for that untill NOW! She started her speech well but later exposed her real identity- A BIGOT!

Any hope for Nija? sad

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 15, 2013
This woman isn't really tha smartt and she crucified herself in the rants that followed the denial of ethnic agenda... How can you go from denying an Igbo agenda, then turn around to give a silly conjucture about Igbos not sticking together and helping one another in government - isn't that oxymoronic?

Can Nigeria rid the polity off these ethnic chauvinists disguised as technocrats with massive endless paper qualifcations? Hell yeah, they got there on merit - yet have been a failure since they got there, no? It's either the "merit" in naija translates to inability to perform, or this woman is lying..

She's a tribalistic world bank puppet!

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 15, 2013
naijababe:

Really?! Why didnt she just say ' I was among some people' ?
Wouldn't make much sense if she'd used "some people" instead of saying who those people were.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2013
euromilion:

Who's "we"?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 15, 2013
naijababe:

Her response would have excellent if it had not included the bolded. SMH!
Her response still have excellence despite the ''included line'' ...........NOI is IGBO.....!!!

Check for the Paper Title she delivered and the symposium........u would be convinced that the ''included line'' is necessary .......!!!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Gamji007: 11:59am On Apr 15, 2013
shymexx: This woman isn't really tha smartt and she crucified herself in the rants that followed the denial of ethnic agenda... How can you go from denying an Igbo agenda, then turn around to give a silly conjucture about Igbos not sticking together and helping one another in government - isn't that oxymoronic?

Can Nigeria rid the polity off these ethnic chauvinists disguised as technocrats with massive endless paper qualifcations? Hell yeah, they got there on merit - yet have been a failure since they got there, no? It's either the "merit" in naija translates to inability to perform, or this woman is lying..

She just crucified herself.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by bloggernaija: 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
shymexx: This woman isn't really tha smartt and she crucified herself in the rants that followed the denial of ethnic agenda... How can you go from denying an Igbo agenda, then turn around to give a silly conjucture about Igbos not sticking together and helping one another in government - isn't that oxymoronic?

Exactly my point.check that YouTube documentary on nigerian poverty .she was there parroting the same lies used in chile,Argentina ,Margaret thatcher to wreck havoc on people's lives and economy.she is definitely overrated.
Ekwesili is far better and more hands on. iweala is nothing but a new world order ,neo liberal apostle.
I would rather do without both.both of them are world bank ettins.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2013
J12:

Yeah, she is an IGBO woman. Ode!
Thought she is from Delta state. I serve there, and many don't really consider themselves to be igbo.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by slimghost(m): 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
euromilion:

What an imbecil.e! The woman has told the world that she is IGBO and you are here disgracing your family!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by slimghost(m): 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
chess guru:
Thought she is from Delta state. I serve there, and many don't really consider themselves to be igbo.

And are you trying to tell the woman her tribe? shocked shocked shocked. She said she is IGBO and she is truly IGBO, so end it and stop sounding funny.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by ckkris: 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
chess guru:
Are they Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
NOI is just talking bout how un-unified Igbo people are and the perception of other Nigerians on Igbo group .......

She said she heard some Hausas saying Igbo are ''easily sell-out'' .......also,any slight move by a Igbo man is tagged 'IGBO AGENDA'' .......

All I deduced from the article and NOI (with regards to the Title of the Paper and the symposium ''Ola Ndigbo) is a call to Igbo Ethnic Group to Build ''TRUST'' and Re-Create a positive perception among their fellow Nigerians.....!!!

Xiscky .........

12 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2013

@ the bolded above....haba why do we choose to skew statements. What made u think her call for unity of the igbo folks was purely for those in government!
Its a general call to do something about the igbo penchant for dividing @ the time unity is needed most. She used the example of how the rest of the county see the igbo's as people who only dance to the highest bidder, and will even go against themselves for the right price. This was the reason for her call of unity. Claiming that she was only referring to igbo's in government is highly narrow minded

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by ckkris: 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2013
euromilion:

Please what is your tribe. Bini? Yoruba?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
donroxy: NOI is just talking bout how un-unified Igbo people are and the perception of other Nigerians on Igbo group .......

She said she heard some Hausas saying Igbo are ''easily sell-out'' .......also,any slight move by a Igbo man is tagged 'IGBO AGENDA'' .......

All I deduced from the article and NOI (with regards to the Title of the Paper and the symposium ''Ola Ndigbo) is a call to Igbo Ethnic Group to Build ''TRUST'' and Re-Create a positive perception among their fellow Nigerians.....!!!

Xiscky .........
I agree

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:14pm On Apr 15, 2013
ckkris:
Are they Yoruba?
Really shouldn't matter, but am cross river. Why do u ask bro
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 15, 2013
chess guru:
She is from Asaba and they see themselves as Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
ckkris:
Are they Yoruba?
Really shouldn't matter, but am from cross river. Why do u ask bro
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by ckkris: 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
chess guru:
@ the bolded above....haba why do we choose to skew statements. What made u think her call for unity of the igbo folks was purely for those in government!
Its a general call to do something about the igbo penchant for dividing @ the time unity is needed most. She used the example of how the rest of the county see the igbo's as people who only dance to the highest bidder, and will even go against themselves for the right price. This was the reason for her call of unity. Claiming that she was only referring to igbo's in government is highly narrow minded
Unnecessarily defensive.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by chessguru1(m): 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
J12:
She is from Asaba and they see themselves as Igbos.
Hmm I stand to be corrected then.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
euromilion:

Speak for urself, You this Warri man..... We know the ppl from Delta thats not IGBO
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation by ckkris: 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2013
Gamji007: I always thought Madam Ngozi to be a neutral Nigerian and I loved her for that untill NOW! She started her speech well but later exposed her real identity- A BIGOT!

Any hope for Nija? sad
Born-to-ruin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Falana: Border Closure And Hate Speech Bill Are Illegal / PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ / Magu’s Investigation: Discordant Tunes Over Style Of Justice Salami’s Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.