Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

How To Deal With A Selfish And Self Centred Spouse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Deal With A Selfish And Self Centred Spouse (7422 Views)

Why Are Men So Selfish During Sex? / Why Are Some Women Generally Selfish And Always Think That They Are Smart? / Boyfriends And Girlfriends Says I Am Selfish And Stingy, Any Clue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With A Selfish And Self Centred Spouse by mumzizi: 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2013
Okay, before I begin I would like to plead no insults but sincere advice,
Been married for 5yrs now and my husband exhibit such selfish traits that am really not happy about.
I am a giver I mean I give even if it is to inconvincence myself I know we can't be the same as some would say, but the thing is he is so selfish that he passes the responsibilty of the kids to me. He earns thrice more than I do but I spend 90% when it comes to our monthly expenses. I have sat him down several times to talk about it but he still refuses to change.
Is it a crime to want to assist my husband cos he has completely hands off his responsibilites as the bread winner and left everyting for me to do I mean everything including fees, feeding and clothing for the kids. I am beginning to feel stupid cos have not saved or have anything tangible for all the yrs of my work life. We go shopping together and when it is time to pay he stylishly excuses himself leaving me at the till feeling stupid.
I feel used. Please I want experienced married pple to advice me on what to do.
Re: How To Deal With A Selfish And Self Centred Spouse by MrCork17: 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2013
mumzizi: Okay, before I begin I would like to plead no insults but sincere advice,
Been married for 5yrs now and my husband exhibit such selfish traits that am really not happy about.
I am a giver I mean I give even if it is to inconvincence myself I know we can't be the same as some would say, but the thing is he is so selfish that he passes the responsibilty of the kids to me. He earns thrice more than I do but I spend 90% when it comes to our monthly expenses. I have sat him down several times to talk about it but he still refuses to change.
Is it a crime to want to assist my husband cos he has completely hands off his responsibilites as the bread winner and left everyting for me to do I mean everything including fees, feeding and clothing for the kids. I am beginning to feel stupid cos have not saved or have anything tangible for all the yrs of my work life. We go shopping together and when it is time to pay he stylishly excuses himself leaving me at the till feeling stupid.
I feel used. Please I want experienced married pple to advice me on what to do.

..tank you Maggi.. are u light skin? angry
Re: How To Deal With A Selfish And Self Centred Spouse by akinreals: 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2013
OP, may be ur hubby is working on something for the family, i.e. Building, business or any capital intensive project but even at dat, both of u are supposed to agree, dat is d essence of marriage. I beleive as a good wife, u should be able to tame ur hubby. Check urself very well, make ammend where necessary, pray and talk to ur hubby. God bless.
Re: How To Deal With A Selfish And Self Centred Spouse by ednut1(m): 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2013
when u were courting y didnt u look out for such character, but cos u wanna satisy society ur jst afta let him propose, u don enter am , deal wit it or leave, i bet if ur hubby is asked to say his side, d fault he will say is urs, such is life. promised my self neva to marry, baby mama tins is d way lol
Re: How To Deal With A Selfish And Self Centred Spouse by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
Is he an Mbaise man? Many Mbaise people are opportunists.
Re: How To Deal With A Selfish And Self Centred Spouse by NoQualms1(f): 12:03am On Apr 16, 2013
OP, this thread should be in the family sectiom. You will get better replies there.
Re: How To Deal With A Selfish And Self Centred Spouse by eforce01: 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
Your spouse is something we call a parasite, there are a lot of men that fall into this category as explained below.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/03/parasitic-relationships-are-you-in-one.html

(1) (Reply)

Curvaceous Lady Sets Social Media On Fire With Seductive And Alluring Photos / World’s Most Sexual Cities – See The Cities Where Women Have The Best Sex Lives / 10 Top Sandals To Wear On A Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.