Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery (16350 Views)

I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari / Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban / I Was One Of The Reasons Why US Barred Nigeria From DV Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 20, 2013
xtayle:

Did I just talk about Nannies? Did I say anyone applied for visa to be a Nanny? Where is your comparative sense or reasoning?

Dude just keep quiet. Your entire post didnt make any sense and was completely off tangent.

For example... you said this - Bottomline: Labour is expensive in d US and that's why everyone is now Manufacturing in China, Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, et al. Its also d reason employers consider labour from outside of d US because it will be cheaper. The American lifestyle has become very expensive and so is Labour. Today, you can get an expert of d same qualification in India for half the wage u will get it in d US. Even "Plastic Valley" will push to benefit from that.

Obviously you didnt comprehend what i was saying. Silicon valley lobbies hard for the government to maintain and even increase the H1B visa quota not because labor is expensive in the US but because they cannot find the skilled labor IN THE USA. H1B visas are for skilled labor in the US not in China or India.

1 Like

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by xtayle(m): 1:26pm On Apr 20, 2013
davidylan:

Dude just keep quiet. Your entire post didnt make any sense and was completely off tangent.

For example... you said this - Bottomline: Labour is expensive in d US and that's why everyone is now Manufacturing in China, Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, et al. Its also d reason employers consider labour from outside of d US because it will be cheaper. The American lifestyle has become very expensive and so is Labour. Today, you can get an expert of d same qualification in India for half the wage u will get it in d US. Even "Plastic Valley" will push to benefit from that.

Obviously you didnt comprehend what i was saying. Silicon valley lobbies hard for the government to maintain and even increase the H1B visa quota not because labor is expensive in the US but because they cannot find the skilled labor IN THE USA. H1B visas are for skilled labor in the US not in China or India.

Your understanding is horribly shallow! Too bad you have terribly poor comparative mind.
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by xtayle(m): 1:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
davidylan:

Your understanding is horribly shallow! Too bad you have terribly poor comparative mind.
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by xtayle(m): 1:31pm On Apr 20, 2013
davidylan:

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2013
xtayle:

I pointed out the fact that you really do not understand the point and you're busy blabbing about? Just because your mother has a green card does not automatically make you an expert on US issues. Restrict yourself to discussions you understand.
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by xtayle(m): 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
davidylan:

I pointed out the fact that you really do not understand the point and you're busy blabbing about? Just because your mother has a green card does not automatically make you an expert on US issues. Restrict yourself to discussions you understand.

oh! u are the expert? bloody monkey
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 24, 2013
xtayle:

oh! u are the expert? bloody monkey

I live here... you dont.
I use and have used the visas in question... you dont.

Besides exposing yourself as just another uncouth loudmouth, your point is?

1 Like

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by biolabee(m): 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
davidylan... ignore

really disappointing people cant have a discussion on this land without descending into unprovoked rofo rofo.. area fada behaviour

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Open Fire In Kaduna; Kill 9, Abduct Many / FG To Tackle JAMBS Another Boko-Haram Group / Jonathan Received Land In Abuja Green Area— Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.