Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach (25575 Views)

Graduate Slips Into Gutter, Drowns After Downpour / 200 Level Unilorin Student Drowns / Fire Guts UNILAG Medical Students’ Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by biolabee(m): 7:44am On Apr 17, 2013
didicold: Its a public beach i think, so no life guard, d best we could have hoped for is the coastguard which is virtually non-existent in lag, d only thing dey pay attention to are ships

Nother tragedy here the fees we pay to enter the beach should be used to set up a lifeguard system and a place where near drowning incidents can be stabilised before they are sent to the hospital

Also the beach should be well lit

In other parts of the world, people go to beach parties at night so it's not unnormal for people to groove at night

Ever heard of skinny dipping
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by 1ndidi2(f): 7:46am On Apr 17, 2013
[b][/b]
oweniwe: Sad . .

Same thing happened at Novena about 2 years ago. Some students celebrating department day went to Abraka 'beach' to caught fun shocked. A 100L student drowned in d waters.

Some people will still not learn from these incidents sha. .

May her soul rest in d bosom of the lord.

Abasi mbo! To caught which fun again?

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by kumari089(m): 7:51am On Apr 17, 2013
My condolence, RIP
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by stjames07: 7:55am On Apr 17, 2013
May her gentle soul rest in peace. This is sad
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by shawndhabi: 7:57am On Apr 17, 2013
Lilimax: Eniola Abiola, a 200L student of Dentistry at the University of Lagos Medical School located at Idi-araba met her untimely death as she drowned at the popular Elegushi Beach in Lagos on Friday the 12th of April 2013.
For the past few years, some UNILAG students have been carried away by the ferrocious waves of the Lagos coast in their bid to relax and catch fun with friends.
Despite this, beach outings remain a popular event amongst students of UNILAG.

May the soul of this beautiful girl that met an untimely death rest in peace and may GOD grant her family the fortitude to bear the loss.

http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/04/rip-unilag-medical-student-drowns-at-elegushi-beach.html

may her soul RIP. but dopeople still go to the shore at elegushi? cos na only the bars people dey go ooo eg voodoo, black lounge, 360
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 17, 2013
lola.luv:
I never thought I'd see some of the cruel comments I'm seeing here.
Since when did going to the beach become an anathema to be described as 'careless living and phucking'? Are Nigerians so used to suffering that the little pleasures of life now seem strange?

Who here has not gone on some little adventure or the other? Who here has not attended a bash or a youth gathering? Some have even travelled miles to visit a lover while in school.

Let him without sin cast the first stone. Or is it because during your time, no evil befell you that you can now act in this cold manner?
Please, have a rethink.

RIP to the departed.

DELETE THIS POO U JUST SPEWED THE FACT REMAINS THAT THE BI.TCH IS GONNA ROT IN HELL
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 17, 2013
cr7lomo.:

U r wicked, jst because u r very ugly wit ur scared face nd no1 eva 1ted 2 tk u out 2 party wit ur stinkin mouth nd body odour, dats y u jealous of d beautiful 1s dat r opportund. Hu told u she sleeps ard? All book nd no leisure time mks u a dull child like u r. Am sure u r so ugly dat u sweat on d reverse cos ur sweat wil even nt wanna mk contact wit dat ugly face of urs

WHO IS THIS LOWLIFE CRYING OVER SPILLED MILK TRY TO DIE THIS WEEK AND I PROMISE TO WHICH YOU THE R.I.P YOU EXPECTED ME TO WISH THE GIRL. COCONUT HEAD
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by NigerianAsshole(f): 8:04am On Apr 17, 2013
@kayusfity. But u can vex sha!
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Achieverbaba: 8:08am On Apr 17, 2013
Gentle Naaz: Is it because a medical stdnt met his water loo dat maks it a news? Many hv died dat same way n no news broadcastd it. Neverthless, RIP dear stdnt

For ur mind now, u don make comment be dt o
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by biolabee(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2013
Kayusfity:

DELETE THIS POO U JUST SPEWED THE FACT REMAINS THAT THE BI.TCH IS GONNA ROT IN HELL

who says you will not get there before her
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by AMossley(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2013
By the power that made Jesus to walk on the sea without drowning,eniola,rise from the dead in Jesus name.#has she risen?#
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by biolabee(m): 8:12am On Apr 17, 2013
lola.luv:
I never thought I'd see some of the cruel comments I'm seeing here.
Since when did going to the beach become an anathema to be described as 'careless living and phucking'? Are Nigerians so used to suffering that the little pleasures of life now seem strange?

Who here has not gone on some little adventure or the other? Who here has not attended a bash or a youth gathering? Some have even travelled miles to visit a lover while in school.

Let him without sin cast the first stone. Or is it because during your time, no evil befell you that you can now act in this cold manner?
Please, have a rethink.

RIP to the departed.
Its tragic really
These are things that are done normally and no one sees anything wrong with it

Our poverty mentality has so warped our senses that we condemn any and everything

In the west festivals like Burning Man, Woodstock are highly anticipated and are successful tourist attractions yet people are safe and secure

It is Nigeria that let this young lady down
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by biolabee(m): 8:12am On Apr 17, 2013
A.Mossley:
By the power that made Jesus to walk on the sea without drowning,eniola,rise from the dead in Jesus name.#has she risen?#

izz it OK here
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Jarus(m): 8:13am On Apr 17, 2013
I was in a beach close to Elegushi (the one on Jakande) the Saturday before.

Well, I don't move near water anytime I'm in beach. I only enjoy the fresh air and go back home in the very few times I visit beach.

I don't do swimming pools either.
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Lilimax(f): 8:15am On Apr 17, 2013
slimyem: I don't pity her.Its her parents i pity.
Heard they left for the beach at about 10 p.m for a birthday party...
Death will come when it will but some incidents are just avoidable like this one.
I'm sure her parents must have thought she was in school sleeping in her hostel while she was partying away.
RIP to her though...
Such an insensitive statements angry. She dosen't need your pity at this moment but it could have happen to anybody. Show some respect to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by chocopearl(f): 8:15am On Apr 17, 2013
1ndidi2: [b][/b]

Abasi mbo! To caught which fun again?
looool i wonder oh...RIP beautiful
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by biolabee(m): 8:18am On Apr 17, 2013
Lilimax: Such an insensitive statements angry. She dosen't need your pity at this momment but it could have happen to anybody. Show some respect to the dead.

I tire for us o
Really I tire
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by ZACHIE: 8:22am On Apr 17, 2013
oweniwe: Sad . .

Same thing happened at Novena about 2 years ago. Some students celebrating department day went to Abraka 'beach' to caught fun. A 100L student drowned in d waters.

I was thier.
As they were caughting the fun, water blow one student a way
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Oluwaife: 8:23am On Apr 17, 2013
RIP
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 17, 2013
A.Mossley:

E BE LIKE U JUST GRADUATE FOR SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY. CONTINUE DEY FOOL URSEF. DIDIRIN
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by resty4(m): 8:30am On Apr 17, 2013
May God com4 their family

Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by joanana(f): 8:31am On Apr 17, 2013
Kayusfity: SERVES HER RIGHT. INSTEAD OF THESE YEYE GIRLS TO CONCENTRATE ON THEIR STUDIES NA SWIMMING AND PHUCKING THEM GO DEY DO. ROT IN HELL

May God have mercy on your soul! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry thou shall not not judge ..... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry you need some serious knock in the head
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by loyanet(m): 8:32am On Apr 17, 2013
Rest in peace Eniola...
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 17, 2013
biolabee:

A tragedy sir, may she rest in perfect peace

And for the person screaming over indulgence, karma will meet you
I wonder the kind of people we have today no iota of empathy

Laughing at people mauled by dogs, dancing on peoples graves who have been hit by suicide or calling those who were hit at the running marathon phools for running for pleasure.

You will all get yours
I hope you find that empathy you playfully or maliciously deny others

Tell me in one word what makes you different from whoever it is youre referring to right now? Pure hypocriticidiotic. Wishing someone dead and saying horrible things because he was stuupid enough to mock the dead. I hate people like you .

May she find peace. My thoughts goes to her family

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Policewoman(f): 8:34am On Apr 17, 2013
A.Mossley:
Beware of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit lest thou incur God's wrath.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by poisonivy19(f): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2013
Kayusfity: SERVES HER RIGHT. INSTEAD OF THESE YEYE GIRLS TO CONCENTRATE ON THEIR STUDIES NA SWIMMING AND PHUCKING THEM GO DEY DO. ROT IN HELL
u ve to be a psyco!cos there z no oda reason y u wud ve writtn such statement!
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 17, 2013
Jarus: I was in a beach close to Elegushi (the one on Jakande) the Saturday before.

Well, I don't move near water anytime I'm in beach. I only enjoy the fresh air and go back home in the very few times I visit beach.

I don't do swimming pools either.

Just like me, I do not go close to the waters for any reason.
There's are some myths about those beaches tht marine spirits are in it. If one thro ws a dirt in it, it will come ryt back.
One tym I was close to d water, it kept pulling my feet. Since then I dey always kip distance, cos u never can tell when the sea myt surge towards.

I also don't do pools coss my life is so precious ryt nowcheesy
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 17, 2013
Mr UZO.. how far ja we.. How much you wan sell? Make i get your digit ja we.. Them sha no dey go eleguishi go pray to God. She go shaye abi.. Maybe she take too much SK.. water come turn to dry land for her mind..
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 17, 2013
Msheeeeeeew sad, off to the loo
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by lexylexy(m): 8:41am On Apr 17, 2013
If everybody wuld jst learn frm me. I don't go near d water wenever am at d beach. Ok...maybe its because I don't knw hw to swim cry

Rest In Peace Eniola,God knws best. cry
Re: UNILAG Medical Student Drowns At Elegushi Beach by mikeapollo: 8:43am On Apr 17, 2013
People should steer clear of ALL THE BEACH IN LAGOS because there are no 'natural' beach/shoreline in Lagos anymore.

Any beach/shoreline that had been massively sand-filled to reclaim land is a dangerous place to swim!

In the olden days, you could walk some kilometres from the shore before stepping into the sea. That was when the beaches were natural and the continental shelves were shallow at the edges.
Nowadays the shorelines are heavily sand-filled and that makes the continental shelves to be deeper and more dangerous to swimmers!
Any beach with a sand-fiiled and narrow strecth of shoreline and that is difficult to walk on is a dangerous place to swim!

I shake my head in pity nowadays when people talk about going to the beach to catch fun!

Please take note!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Native Doctor Poses As Vice-chancellor In Imo / WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria / ABSU vs MOUAU: Hilarious Tweets!! !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.