Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam (36671 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / Muslims Can I Ask You Some Questions? / Today's Muslims Can Never Obey Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 3:22pm On May 01, 2013
deSika:

do you what. you are actually confirming wat i said. we are not saying difernt things at all

i say there were idols in kabba before Muhammed
and you say
Muhamed destroyed the idols.

so both of us agree that there were idols.. it does not help you. because as it is if idols were worshipped in your Kabba. one of them is the stone that you kiss. one of them is the Allah that you worship. truth. this is truth. there were idols. there were idols. there were idols in kabba.. i feel like shouting it to you from here.. Muhamed destroyed some but not all.. he retained Allah. he retained black stone. he retained kabba. he retained circumbulation. he retained pilgrimage yes the pagans used to come for pilgrimage. the truth i feel like shouting it out to you. think about it wat does kissing a stone got to do with God. you kiss what you cherish. its idolatry bro. its idolatry. you stone Shaitan year in year out. ask yourself. why am i stoning this shaitan everytime. is it not supposed to have died as a result of a million stones. if its stil living then your stoning is ineffective. why should you continue doing an inneffective thing. the truth. my brother you need to accept it.. your religion is idolatry.

do you know that Muhamed ate food presented to idols..
Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said that he met Zaid bin 'Amr Nufail at a place near Baldah and this had happened before Allah's Apostle received the Divine Inspiration. Allah's Apostle presented a dish of meat (that had been offered to him by the pagans) to Zaid bin 'Amr, but Zaid refused to eat of it and then said (to the pagans), "I do not eat of what you slaughter on your stone altars (Ansabs) nor do I eat except that on which Allah's Name has been mentioned on slaughtering." (Sahih al- Bukhari 7:407 )

this is bukhari hadith saying Muhammed presented an idolatrous food to Zaid. it seems Zaid is more pious than Muhammed

read this

"And when the apostle of God had finished his period of seclusion and returned (to Mecca), in the first place he performed the circumambulation of the Ka'ba, AS WAS HIS WONT. While he was doing it , Waraqa met him and said, ‘O son of my brother, tell me what thou hast seen and heard.'" (Sirat Rasulullah, trans. Alfred Guillaume, The Life of Muhammad [Oxford University Press, Karachi], p. 107;

AS WAS HIS WONT means that before his revelations he used to perform circumbulation as a pagan.

i write this with so much passionn in my heart for you..

the problem u have is that u dont understand arabic and also you copied from anti-islam website, dont worry this is arabic and english translate below:

حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ أَبِي بَكْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا فُضَيْلُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ، حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى، حَدَّثَنَا سَالِمُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، رضى الله عنهما أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم لَقِيَ زَيْدَ بْنَ عَمْرِو بْنِ نُفَيْلٍ بِأَسْفَلِ بَلْدَحَ، قَبْلَ أَنْ يَنْزِلَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم الْوَحْىُ فَقُدِّمَتْ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم سُفْرَةٌ، فَأَبَى أَنْ يَأْكُلَ مِنْهَا ثُمَّ قَالَ زَيْدٌ إِنِّي لَسْتُ آكُلُ مِمَّا تَذْبَحُونَ عَلَى أَنْصَابِكُمْ، وَلاَ آكُلُ إِلاَّ مَا ذُكِرَ اسْمُ اللَّهِ عَلَيْهِ‏.‏ وَأَنَّ زَيْدَ بْنَ عَمْرٍو كَانَ يَعِيبُ عَلَى قُرَيْشٍ ذَبَائِحَهُمْ، وَيَقُولُ الشَّاةُ خَلَقَهَا اللَّهُ، وَأَنْزَلَ لَهَا مِنَ السَّمَاءِ الْمَاءَ، وَأَنْبَتَ لَهَا مِنَ الأَرْضِ، ثُمَّ تَذْبَحُونَهَا عَلَى غَيْرِ اسْمِ اللَّهِ إِنْكَارًا لِذَلِكَ وَإِعْظَامًا لَهُ‏.‏ .

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: The Prophet met Zaid bin \'Amr bin Nufail in the bottom of (the valley of) Baldah before any Divine Inspiration came to the Prophet. A meal was presented to the Prophet but he refused to eat from it. (Then it was presented to Zaid) who said, "I do not eat anything which you slaughter in the name of your stone idols. I eat none but those things on which Allah's Name has been mentioned at the time of slaughtering.

3 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 3:44pm On May 01, 2013
whu is Abraham?
what a question
Abraham is a man. father of isaac and ishmael. married to sarai
i am answering your questions pls return the favour and answer mine

4 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 3:45pm On May 01, 2013
deSika: do you know that budhas and hindus. the religion you accuse of idolatory also engages in circumbulation.

do you know that Zoroastrians an idolatrous group also recite prayers five times after ablutions.

if you have read all i have written and still continue in your idolatory. then am afraid for you.
There are so many sects, cults, religions, philosophies, and movements in the world, all of which claim to be the right way or the only true path to God. How can one determine which one is correct or if, in fact, all are correct?

The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The religion of Islam is not named after a person as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gotama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, and Marxism after Karl Marx. Nor was it named after a tribe like Judaism after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam is the true religion of "Allah" and as such, its name represents the central principle of Allah's "God's" religion; the total submission to the will of Allah "God". The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true god worthy of worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim", The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of Allah.

6 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 3:47pm On May 01, 2013
ayenny02:

the problem u have is that u dont understand arabic and also you copied from anti-islam website, dont worry this is arabic and english translate below:

حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ أَبِي بَكْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا فُضَيْلُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ، حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى، حَدَّثَنَا سَالِمُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، رضى الله عنهما أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم لَقِيَ زَيْدَ بْنَ عَمْرِو بْنِ نُفَيْلٍ بِأَسْفَلِ بَلْدَحَ، قَبْلَ أَنْ يَنْزِلَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم الْوَحْىُ فَقُدِّمَتْ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم سُفْرَةٌ، فَأَبَى أَنْ يَأْكُلَ مِنْهَا ثُمَّ قَالَ زَيْدٌ إِنِّي لَسْتُ آكُلُ مِمَّا تَذْبَحُونَ عَلَى أَنْصَابِكُمْ، وَلاَ آكُلُ إِلاَّ مَا ذُكِرَ اسْمُ اللَّهِ عَلَيْهِ‏.‏ وَأَنَّ زَيْدَ بْنَ عَمْرٍو كَانَ يَعِيبُ عَلَى قُرَيْشٍ ذَبَائِحَهُمْ، وَيَقُولُ الشَّاةُ خَلَقَهَا اللَّهُ، وَأَنْزَلَ لَهَا مِنَ السَّمَاءِ الْمَاءَ، وَأَنْبَتَ لَهَا مِنَ الأَرْضِ، ثُمَّ تَذْبَحُونَهَا عَلَى غَيْرِ اسْمِ اللَّهِ إِنْكَارًا لِذَلِكَ وَإِعْظَامًا لَهُ‏.‏ .

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: The Prophet met Zaid bin \'Amr bin Nufail in the bottom of (the valley of) Baldah before any Divine Inspiration came to the Prophet. A meal was presented to the Prophet but he refused to eat from it. (Then it was presented to Zaid) who said, "I do not eat anything which you slaughter in the name of your stone idols. I eat none but those things on which Allah's Name has been mentioned at the time of slaughtering.

ok. wronngly translated. i take that one back. i will check further. but thats just one of all i have said
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 3:50pm On May 01, 2013
deSika: whu is Abraham?
what a question
Abraham is a man. father of isaac and ishmael. married to sarai
i am answering your questions pls return the favour and answer mine

was Abraham a jew?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 3:55pm On May 01, 2013
deSika:

ok. wronngly translated. i take that one back. i will check further. but thats just one of all i have said

thank God that you accepted that you lied
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 4:10pm On May 01, 2013
ayenny02:
you may have to give me the source of your translation.

this is from an islamic site www.gowister.com/sahihbukhari-7-407.html

Book 67: Hunting, Slaughtering
Hadith 407 (Volume 7)

Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said that he met Zaid bin 'Amr Nufail at a place near Baldah and this had happened before Allah's Apostle received the Divine Inspiration. Allah's Apostle presented a dish of meat (that had been offered to him by the pagans) to Zaid bin 'Amr, but Zaid refused to eat of it and then said (to the pagans), "I do not eat of what you slaughter on your stonealtars (Ansabs) nor do I eat except that on which Allah's Name has been mentioned on slaughtering."

Copyright © 2013 Wister All rights reserved

this is from an islamic site
www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=67&translator=1&start=19&number=402

407 Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said that he met Zaid bin 'Amr Nufail at a place near Baldah and this had happened before Allah's Apostle received the Divine Inspiration. Allah's Apostle presented a dish of meat (that had been offered to him by the pagans) to Zaid bin 'Amr, but Zaid refused to eat of it and then said (to the pagans), "I do not eat of what you slaughter on your stonealtars (Ansabs) nor do I eat except that on which Allah's Name has been mentioned on slaughtering."

so what are you saying. bro

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 5:04pm On May 01, 2013
deSika:
you may have to give me the source of your translation.

this is from an islamic site www.gowister.com/sahihbukhari-7-407.html

Book 67: Hunting, Slaughtering
Hadith 407 (Volume 7)

Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said that he met Zaid bin 'Amr Nufail at a place near Baldah and this had happened before Allah's Apostle received the Divine Inspiration. Allah's Apostle presented a dish of meat (that had been offered to him by the pagans) to Zaid bin 'Amr, but Zaid refused to eat of it and then said (to the pagans), "I do not eat of what you slaughter on your stonealtars (Ansabs) nor do I eat except that on which Allah's Name has been mentioned on slaughtering."

Copyright © 2013 Wister All rights reserved

this is from an islamic site
www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=67&translator=1&start=19&number=402

407 Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said that he met Zaid bin 'Amr Nufail at a place near Baldah and this had happened before Allah's Apostle received the Divine Inspiration. Allah's Apostle presented a dish of meat (that had been offered to him by the pagans) to Zaid bin 'Amr, but Zaid refused to eat of it and then said (to the pagans), "I do not eat of what you slaughter on your stonealtars (Ansabs) nor do I eat except that on which Allah's Name has been mentioned on slaughtering."

so what are you saying. bro

ALL THE HADITHS WERE ARABIC LANGUAGE NOT ENGLISH LANGUAGE, PLEASE FIND THE ARABIC HABITH AND TRANSLATE IT TO ENGLISH YOU WILL SEE THE MEANING. LET ME GIVE YOU ONE. THIS IS ARABIC OF THE HADITH; حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ أَبِي بَكْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا فُضَيْلُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ، حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى، حَدَّثَنَا سَالِمُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، رضى الله عنهما أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم لَقِيَ زَيْدَ بْنَ عَمْرِو بْنِ نُفَيْلٍ بِأَسْفَلِ بَلْدَحَ، قَبْلَ أَنْ يَنْزِلَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم الْوَحْىُ فَقُدِّمَتْ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم سُفْرَةٌ، فَأَبَى أَنْ يَأْكُلَ مِنْهَا ثُمَّ قَالَ زَيْدٌ إِنِّي لَسْتُ آكُلُ مِمَّا تَذْبَحُونَ عَلَى أَنْصَابِكُمْ، وَلاَ آكُلُ إِلاَّ مَا ذُكِرَ اسْمُ اللَّهِ عَلَيْهِ‏.‏ وَأَنَّ زَيْدَ بْنَ عَمْرٍو كَانَ يَعِيبُ عَلَى قُرَيْشٍ ذَبَائِحَهُمْ، وَيَقُولُ الشَّاةُ خَلَقَهَا اللَّهُ، وَأَنْزَلَ لَهَا مِنَ السَّمَاءِ الْمَاءَ، وَأَنْبَتَ لَهَا مِنَ الأَرْضِ، ثُمَّ تَذْبَحُونَهَا عَلَى غَيْرِ اسْمِ اللَّهِ إِنْكَارًا لِذَلِكَ وَإِعْظَامًا لَهُ‏.‏
(THE FOOD PRESENTED TO THE PROPHET AND HE REFUSED TO EAT)

DONT DODGE MY QUESTION: was Abraham a jew?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 8:44pm On May 02, 2013
ayenny02:

thank God that you accepted that you lied
am sori boy. I did not lie. I even went to islamic sites and got same tin. So it seems u r d one lieing. Do me a favor show me your source

3 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 8:55pm On May 02, 2013
d jews are offsprings of Abraham. Abraham is the father of the jews. Pls answer my questions. Show me where Abraham, Adam, moses engaged d 5 pillars of islam
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 9:07pm On May 02, 2013
ayenny02:
There are so many sects, cults, religions, philosophies, and movements in the world, all of which claim to be the right way or the only true path to God. How can one determine which one is correct or if, in fact, all are correct?

The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The religion of Islam is not named after a person as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gotama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, and Marxism after Karl Marx. Nor was it named after a tribe like Judaism after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam is the true religion of "Allah" and as such, its name represents the central principle of Allah's "God's" religion; the total submission to the will of Allah "God". The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true god worthy of worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim", The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of Allah.
my dear name does not determine authencity of islam. Its the rituals am tryin to show u dat they are idolatrous. If dat is authentic 2 u den u r on ur own

3 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 9:41pm On May 02, 2013
@Desika,I can see the level of your reasoning is not that high,you are just an anti islamic guy,no problem.To your question,firstly what's the meaning of an idol? An idol as defined by the collins oxford dictionary said 'a material or an object,especially carved image that is worshipped as god'.You said prophet muhammed(pbuh) destroyed all the idols at kabba(agreed),but left the kabba,the black stone,ALLAH,the circumambulation.Firstly,is ALLAH an object? The answer is capital NO,ALLAH is a living being the absolute,the eternal,secondly circumambulation is an acy of moving round a thing,how can that be an idol? Think before you talk.Thirdly the kabba is a house of worship built by abraham(pbuh) not an idol of worship.Lastly,the black stone is the place when abraham(pbuh) stood on when he first made the call of worship to the whole of mankind.One of the companion of the prophet reported that 'I saw MUHAMMAD(pbuh)kissing the black stone,that's why I also kissed it can never benefit me nor harm me.During the early years of islam,people do stand on the black stone and make the call for prayer(adhan),now tell who amongst the idol worshippers will ever stands on its idol and make the call? The answer is none.No muslim ever worship the kabba nor black stone.The kabba is the qiblah(prayer's direction) and the act of circumambulating around the kabba signifies that we muslims worship only one ALLAH.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 9:41pm On May 02, 2013
@Desika,I can see the level of your reasoning is not that high,you are just an anti islamic guy,no problem.To your question,firstly what's the meaning of an idol? An idol as defined by the collins oxford dictionary said 'a material or an object,especially carved image that is worshipped as god'.You said prophet muhammed(pbuh) destroyed all the idols at kabba(agreed),but left the kabba,the black stone,ALLAH,the circumambulation.Firstly,is ALLAH an object? The answer is capital NO,ALLAH is a living being the absolute,the eternal,secondly circumambulation is an act of moving round a thing,how can that be an idol? Think before you talk.Thirdly the kabba is a house of worship built by abraham(pbuh) not an idol of worship.Lastly,the black stone is the place when abraham(pbuh) stood on when he first made the call of worship to the whole of mankind.One of the companion of the prophet reported that 'I saw MUHAMMAD(pbuh)kissing the black stone,that's why I also kissed it can never benefit me nor harm me.During the early years of islam,people do stand on the black stone and make the call for prayer(adhan),now tell who amongst the idol worshippers will ever stands on its idol and make the call? The answer is none.No muslim ever worship the kabba nor black stone.The kabba is the qiblah(prayer's direction) and the act of circumambulating around the kabba signifies that we muslims worship only one ALLAH.

3 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 10:59pm On May 02, 2013
finally, another muslim. u are welcome bro
lanrexlan: @Desika,I can see the level of your reasoning is not that high,you are just an anti islamic guy,no problem.
no. am onnly here to show the truth. you guys have to come out from all this ur anti islam accusations and discuss
lanrexlan:
To your question,firstly what's the meaning of an idol? An idol as defined by the collins oxford dictionary said 'a material or an object,especially carved image that is worshipped as god'.You said prophet muhammed(pbuh) destroyed all the idols at kabba(agreed),but left the kabba,the black stone,ALLAH,the circumambulation. Firstly,is ALLAH an object? The answer is capital NO,ALLAH is a living being the absolute,the eternal,secondly circumambulation is an act of moving round a thing,how can that be an idol? Think before you talk.Thirdly the kabba is a house of worship built by abraham(pbuh) not an idol of worship.Lastly,the black stone is the place when abraham(pbuh) stood on when he first made the call of worship to the whole of mankind.One of the companion of the prophet reported that 'I saw MUHAMMAD(pbuh)kissing the black stone,that's why I also kissed it can never benefit me nor harm me.During the early years of islam,people do stand on the black stone and make the call for prayer(adhan),now tell who amongst the idol worshippers will ever stands on its idol and make the call? The answer is none.No muslim ever worship the kabba nor black stone.The kabba is the qiblah(prayer's direction) and the act of circumambulating around the kabba signifies that we muslims worship only one ALLAH.

if you notice i use the word idol, idolatrous, gods, pagan interchangeably. truth is that when pagans were worshipping other idols/gods Allah was one of them. that is a fact. what Mohammed did was to eliminate the other gods. leaving Allah.

i didnt say Kabba is idol. the Kabba was the exact building used for worshipping idols/gods.. if you destroy the idols you should also destroy the building were they were worshipped..

the blackstone is an idol.. read ayennyo2's post here
ayenny02:
Later generations lost track of the reasons why stones were originally venerated and the Quraysh were happy to worship stone idols just like the people were doing in surrounding countries.
the blackstone is one of them.
and read this one

read this One day when the Quraysh had assembled on a feast day to venerate and circumambulate the idol to which they offered sacrifices, this being a feast which they held annually, four men drew apart secretly and agreed to keep their counsel in the bonds of friendship. They were Waraqa b.Naufal, Ubaydullah b.Jahsh, whose mother was Umayma d.'Abdu'l Muttalib, Uthman b.al- Huwayrith and Zayd b.'Amr. They were of the opinion that their people had corrupted the religion of their father Abraham, and that the STONE they went round was of no account, it could neither hear nor see, nor hurt nor help. ``Find yourselves a religion,'' they said, ``for by God you have none.'' So they went their ways seeking the ``Hanaffiya'' -- the religion of Abraham." (Ibn Ishaq, Life of Muhammad, tr. Guillaume, p. 99)

This people were talking to pagans. guess wat moslems are still doing this very pagan act. yes circumbulation is a pagan act

the kabba is the qiblah(prayer's direction) and the act of circumambulating around the kabba signifies that we muslims worship only one ALLAH.

fact Kabbah was a place of idol worship. questionnn for you is God not everywhere why face only one direction. it seems to me that your Allah is only in Kabba.

the act of circumambulating was used by pagans my dear around the Kabba. so wats the difference between you annd the pagans. you are still doing what the pagans did. and as such i can say you are a pagan..

6 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 7:45am On May 03, 2013
deSika: finally, another muslim. u are welcome bro

no. am onnly here to show the truth. you guys have to come out from all this ur anti islam accusations and discuss

if you notice i use the word idol, idolatrous, gods, pagan interchangeably. truth is that when pagans were worshipping other idols/gods Allah was one of them. that is a fact. what Mohammed did was to eliminate the other gods. leaving Allah.

i didnt say Kabba is idol. the Kabba was the exact building used for worshipping idols/gods.. if you destroy the idols you should also destroy the building were they were worshipped..

the blackstone is an idol.. read ayennyo2's post here
the blackstone is one of them.
and read this one

This people were talking to pagans. guess wat moslems are still doing this very pagan act. yes circumbulation is a pagan act

fact Kabbah was a place of idol worship. questionnn for you is God not everywhere why face only one direction. it seems to me that your Allah is only in Kabba.

the act of circumambulating was used by pagans my dear around the Kabba. so wats the difference between you annd the pagans. you are still doing what the pagans did. and as such i can say you are a pagan..
Thanks for your comment,to your first one you said we muslims do face the kabba when and that signifies that ALLAH is not everywhere and ALLAH is in the kabba,Let me correct that error of yours brother,we face the kabba in prayer because ALLAH instructed us to do so,if there is a group of muslims and they are about to pray,some will say let's face the east,some may say south,some may say west and some may even say north.So because of there's unity in islam and our lord(ALLAH) is one,so we all face the same direction.To the 2nd point you raised,the kabba was the place all the 300 idols were kept,i agreed with you when prophet muhammed(pbuh) came and became a prophet he destroyed all leaving none behind,how can ALLAH be an idol when my lord(ALLAH) is not an inanimate object? Subhanallah.Before islam conquered the city of makkah,the pagans of makkah used to go round the kabba in a naked state but islam conquered makkah,islam demolished it if we are practising a paganistic act,why are we not circumambulating the kabba in a naked state? And even the kabba was built by abraham(pbuh) a prophet,a muslim he prayed in the kabba as a muslim,but due to change in time disbelief set in into makkah,but when prophet muhammed(pbuh) came,the house of ALLAH became a place of worship for ALLAH alone,and disbelief was eradicated.That's why non muslims are not allowed to go near the kabba.Kabba is a the first place of worship on earth,not an object of worship.Lastly,the black can neither harm the muslims nor benefit us,muslims just kissed because prophet muhammed(pbuh) kissed it,the call for prayer(adhan) was made on it,no idol worshipper will never stand on its idol,not possible.If the black stone is an idol then we muslims should be bowing to it(nauosubillah)but we never bow,bow only to ALLAH....Salam

5 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by druid06(m): 5:09pm On May 03, 2013
deSika: i answered you boy.

the religion of Abraham was not christianity. the jews worships the El that Abraham worship. as Abraham named his son IshmaEL. so Moses religion is derived from Abrahams relationship with God.

so my answer is this.
As Abraham was not a idol worshipper and also as at the time of Abraham there was no institionalised organised religion. its safe to say That Abraham had no religion with set down doctrines. ABRAHAM HAD A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. same with Adam.

#Abraham and Adam canot be said to be muslims why.
they didnt have mosques or temples. they didnt go to mecca. yes Adam didnt go to Mecca. they didnt fast in ramadan. they didnt pay zakat.. they didnt say "there is only one God and Muhammed is a prophet" are these not symbols of islam how could they have been muslim when they did not do this. if you say they can be muslims without doing this. then again all the people that do dont do these are muslims.

SUMMARY
Abrahams religion: Relationship with God
why
you must undertstand that man has become more developed over the years better than he was when he first started as Adam. Now people fly to distant countries in just days this was not the case with Adam, Abraham etc. this development includes Religion. as at when Adam started there was no religion. he had a Relationship with God. as time went on men began to seek ways of worshipping other spiritual entities. this now resulted in religions.. atleast you must agree that Adam didnt have any relationship with Mecca your most holy site as Kabba was built by Abraham. this means that atleast Adam didnt pray to or on any Kabba. so i can say your religion started with Abraham but not Adam so stop roping Adam into it..so you see from your records that religion evolved from Adam with no kabba to Abraham with Kabba.. this is not to say that i agree with such baseless assumptions. but just to let you know that the supposed religion of Adam was less developed than that of Abraham.. this explains why i say Adam,. Abraham didnt have a relgion. organised Religion started with Moses. but if you think otherwise show me where these guys upheld the five pillar of islam.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ELOHIM
Elohim means God

<< 429 430. elohim 431 >>

elohim: God, god
Original Word: םיִהֹלֱא
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: elohim
Phonetic Spelling: (el-o-heem')
Short Definition: God
Word Origin pl. of eloah
Definition God, god

NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved Lockman.org

#take note that i answered you. pls return the favour and answer me. can you show me where Adam and Abraham
1.. recited "there is no God but Allah, and Muhammed is his last prophet"
2.. where they went to mecca on pilgrimage. especially Adam as Abraham is reputed to have built kabba
3. where they fasted this one is important IN RAMADAN
4.. Where they payed zakat and to who
5. where they prayed five times

WOW, You knocked me off my feet. I just learnt a great deal from your post. Thank you brother for the enlightenment.

4 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by nagoma(m): 5:26pm On May 03, 2013
ayenny02: .

Thank you for you patience brother Ayenny02. But this fellow deSlika is not worth your time. He is not out to learn but to ridicule and enhance hatred. His religion of 3 gods cannot answer even one of similar questions. You are too good for him.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Plutarch: 5:28pm On May 03, 2013
Boko haram, Hezebollah,Al Shabab,Osama,Banning of freedom of worship in some Islamic nations while mosques are springing up everyday to the delight of many muslims in Europe and America........what other thing can non muslims be taught about Islam? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 03, 2013
Who cares, just passing to the Jamb result thread and i mistakenly click on this thread.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by spywareczar(m): 5:31pm On May 03, 2013
from the book of peace angry angry

3 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by salt1: 5:36pm On May 03, 2013
deSika: yes non muslims have [blots[/b] of questions. one of the ways you could teach them about islam is by responding to their questions.by so doing u dispel wrong notions and replace with the right knowledge.

questions like the following
how can muslims show a non muslim how islam was practised before Mohamed. how did the early muslims worship their God.pls show with proofs
1.. did thay recite the shadadah
2. did they believe in one God (Allah).
3. did they believe that Mohammed is his prophet. (seal of the prophets)
4. did they pray five times a day
5. did they pay zakat
6. did they fast during the ramadan
7. did they go to Mecca for pilgrimage and what did they do when they went there

this is islam as practised by today'[/b]s muslims. was it this same islam that the muslims practised before Muhammed. did the early muslims worship their God as highlighted in the above points.

i ask this question because i believe that when u make a statement one should be able to provide proofs.
Muslims have always said that Islam had existed before Muhammed came [b]into
the scene.

now in answering these questions u must show proofs from Allah's word the quran. u are free to run to the "corrupted book" for help as long as u can prove that Allah was what they were worshipping and not Yahweh. (Nb Allah is not same with Elohim/Yahweh because it has not be proven yet. see this thread for reason why
www.nairaland.com/1256820/prove-me-allah-yahweh-same#15276612)

if u can answer the questions with proofs then u have bin able to educate a non muslim. IF U CANNOT then the statement that islam existed before the prophet is an assumption and a false one at that.
#[b]remember [/b]u r educating non muslims.

These are not the questions that non Moslems ask. You can see from your response that only another Moslem is replying you. I am a non-Moslem and my questions are
1. why does Islam allow girls as young as nine to be married? Is it religion or is it culture? I heard of a Yemeni proverb that says that if you want a peaceful marriage, you should marry a 9year old girl. Is it truly cultural or religious?
2. How come the more fundamentalist/pious a Moslem is, the more he is prone to violence?
3. What is the reward for being a good Moslem woman? We agree that all that 72 virgin stuff is hype but what is the real reward?
4. Is it true, really true, that Islam allows wives to be beaten joyfully by an angry husband?
5. How has Islam made the world a better, safer, healthier place? What are the scientific advances made by man as a result of studying the Koran?
6. How come when discrepancies in Islam are highlighted, the Moslems hack back at the Bible or History? Can't Islam defend its PRESENT position without comparison/contrasts with Christianity? They hardly attack other faiths; even pagan countries are all lumped as Christians. Why

These are the ways you can teach me about your religion, not whether Abraham and Jesus were also Moslems.
I hope you're not angry that I did a little spelling correction on your post

3 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by dabrake(m): 5:37pm On May 03, 2013
abeg, keep your violent religion to yourself. Islam my foot.

@Gaddafi @Maclatunji, ban me if you like.

3 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 5:49pm On May 03, 2013
lanrexlan: Thanks for your comment,

you are welcome
lanrexlan:
to your first one you said we muslims do face the kabba when and that signifies that ALLAH is not everywhere and ALLAH is in the kabba,Let me correct that error of yours brother,we face the kabba in prayer because ALLAH instructed us to do so,if there is a group of muslims and they are about to pray,some will say let's face the east,some may say south,some may say west and some may even say north.So because of there's unity in islam and our lord(ALLAH) is one,so we all face the same direction.
facing anywhere is not significant as far as you know that whatsoever direction you face you have Gods attention. why would direction of prayers cause disunity. fact is GOD IS EVERYWHERE. and as such you can face ANYWHERE.
I was trying to point out to you that this Kabba u are facing was used to worship pagan gods.
lanrexlan:
To the 2nd point you raised,the kabba was the place all the 300 idols were kept,i agreed with you when prophet muhammed(pbuh) came and became a prophet he destroyed all leaving none behind,
now thats what am trying to point to you. you have evidence that idols were worshipped but you dont have evidence of Abraham building the mosque, its best an assumptionn. except you can prove it.
lanrexlan:
how can ALLAH be an idol when my lord(ALLAH) is not an inanimate object? Subhanallah.Before islam conquered the city of makkah,the pagans of makkah used to go round the kabba in a naked state but islam conquered makkah,islam demolished it if we are practising a paganistic act,why are we not circumambulating the kabba in a naked state
my dear, you are still circumambulating and that is a pagan act in itself as pagans did it.
lanrexlan:
And even the kabba was built by abraham(pbuh) a prophet,a muslim he prayed in the kabba as a muslim,
evidence pls
lanrexlan:
but due to change in time disbelief set in into makkah,but when prophet muhammed(pbuh) came,the house of ALLAH became a place of worship for ALLAH alone,and disbelief was eradicated.
. it has always been idolatrous from time immemorial..disbelief did not set in guy. as it is there is noevidence of people praying in a mosque, engaging the five pillars of islam before Mohammed.
lanrexlan:
That's why non muslims are not allowed to go near the kabba.Kabba is a the first place of worship on earth,not an object of worship.
lie. if Adam was a muslim where did he worship.. if Abraham built the first place of worship that means Adam was not a muslim as he didnt have a Kabba to worship. but you say he is a Muslim. Can you do yourself a favour and stop spinning yourself into lies. its not helping you..[/quote]
lanrexlan:
Lastly,the black can neither harm the muslims nor benefit us,muslims just kissed because prophet muhammed(pbuh) kissed it,
you do what you cant explain why its been done. what else defines blindly following than this. Kissing is a sign of affection.. you kiss what you admire or love... when Muhamed kissed the stone. he was showing affection,. admiration. worship for the stone. and guess wat the stone was an idol/god..
lanrexlan:
the call for prayer(adhan) was made on it,no idol worshipper will never stand on its idol,not possible.If the black stone is an idol then we muslims should be bowing to it(nauosubillah)but we never bow,bow only to ALLAH....Salam
does not remove the fact that the stone was an idol/god..

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by nagoma(m): 5:56pm On May 03, 2013
salt 1:

These are not the questions that non Moslems ask. You can see from your response that only another Moslem is replying you. I am a non-Moslem and my questions are
1. why does Islam allow girls as young as nine to be married? Is it religion or is it culture? I heard of a Yemeni proverb that says that if you want a peaceful marriage, you should marry a 9year old girl. Is it truly cultural or religious?
2. How come the more fundamentalist/pious a Moslem is, the more he is prone to violence?
3. What is the reward for being a good Moslem woman? We agree that all that 72 virgin stuff is hype but what is the real reward?
4. Is it true, really true, that Islam allows wives to be beaten joyfully by

These are the ways you can teach me about your religion, not whether Abraham and Jesus were also Moslems.
I hope you're not angry that I did a little spelling correction on your post

You certainly need a lot of education as you are full of misinformation. Talking about spellings- The correct spelling is MUSLIM and not Moslem. Thanks.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Tonae: 5:57pm On May 03, 2013
@Ayenny02 - Islam or even such other religions for that matter are a crap, they`ve done nothing but to give misery to mankind. I am a disciple of KARL MAX who rightly said that religion is an opium to the people.

Muslims discriminating / fighting against Muslims e.g shia vs Sunni etc. Christians at each others throat, Catholics, Methodists, Anglicans etc against protestants churches. Why is there no uniform God doctrine guiding all religions which pretend to serve same God.

Islam in fact is the worst culprit in this religious mess, nothing they preach makes an iota of sense to any witty / discerning mind. Please answer these questions if you can. (1) Why does Islam urge it`s adherents to kill those they regard as infidels, (2) Why encourage so called Jihad? (3) why does it treat women inhumanely even though you people are instructed by same doctrine to marry as many as possible and you people swim in these women all day and night producing children all over the place. Same women who are not accorded any form of respect are the ones who carry you in their wombs, deliver you through their private part, wash your excrements and breast feed you from infancy to adulthood only to be spited in your maturity. (4) Why prohibit women from mixing or rather sitting in front of mosques during prayers but instead herd them right behind the mosque. These and many more others to me makes no sense. Christianity and other such religions have their secrets and lies as well. It`s the bane of humanity i must say.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by druid06(m): 5:58pm On May 03, 2013
When it comes to religion, I have learned from other peoples experience to keep my mouth shut but this dude Desika has really enlightened my mind and filled some hole in my heart about Christianity and Islam. I already know Christianity started as a cult most of it's worships were derived from other religion like the sun god and others. I now know islam too was derived from idolatory so my question is, which religion is the true religion. Is there nothing like religion as it was made by man? Maybe there's no religion at all and our almight father just wants to keep a relationship with his as Moses, Abraham and Adam did.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Gabrielsylar(m): 6:03pm On May 03, 2013
Am trying all my best and common best to understand islam I just can't gerrit

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by bomijuwon(m): 6:11pm On May 03, 2013
ayenny02:
ISLAM is arabic word which means surrender to d will of God, Those who practice religion of islam are called Muslim. Muslim is an arabic word and which means worshiper of none except Allah alone.

Also Allah is an Arabic word which means God, Supreme Being. In Hebrew language God means ELOHA but jews use plural form ELOHIM. It is not subject to plurality or gender. It is confusing to use the word God as many English-speaking Christian still consider Jesus as God, even the word creator is also confusing, as many christians still maintain that jesus had created the world.

If u can access to Arabic Bible that those christian arabs are using, you will see that God in that bible translate to Allah

Not only the name of Allah is strange, but also the way muslims worship Allah with ablution, bowing, kneeling, prostration and fasting is strange to non-muslim, but not strange to all prophets.

While ablution (washing of face, arms, feet and moistening of d hair) prior to worship is abandoned by modern christian, it is still required by muslim and previous prophets, as seen in the following passages of the Bible: Exodus 40:31-32
31 And Moses and Aaron and his sons washed their hands and their feet thereat:
32 When they went into the tent of the congregation, and when they came near unto the altar, they washed; as the Lord commanded Moses.

John 13:12-15
12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Although Paul made many changes in jesus teaching, he was still faithful in respect to ablution(purification) as seen in Act 21:26;
26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Muslim Women perform their prayer with their head covered as 1 cor 11:5, 6 and 13;
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

Muslims worship with bowing, kneeling, prostration and without shoes as done by previous Prophet;
Psalm 95:6
6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.

Joshua 5:14
14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?

Nehemiah 8:4-6
4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.

5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the peoplewink and when he opened it, all the people stood up:

6 And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

Matthew 4:10
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

And if all these be true!
Why has the so claimed Religion of PEACE failed to AFFIRM the LORDSHIP of PRINCE OF PEACE?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by salt1: 6:24pm On May 03, 2013
nagoma:

You certainly need a lot of education as you are full of misinformation. Talking about spellings- The correct spelling is MUSLIM and not Moslem. Thanks.

Thanks for the correction. Now begin to answer my questions. I'm a non Muslim

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 03, 2013
Now that it is a Muslim thread, Seun has permanently fixed a warning to dissuade people from mocking allah and Muhammed but it is completely cool for people to ridicule and mock God the mighty Father and Jesus.

Like this comment if you agree with me that there should be a warning like this with Christian threads.

14 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 6:27pm On May 03, 2013
nagoma:

Thank you for you patience brother Ayenny02. But this fellow deSlika is not worth your time. He is not out to learn but to ridicule and enhance hatred. His religion of 3 gods cannot answer even one of similar questions. You are too good for him.
is this all you have to say. not even one proof that islam existed before Muhammed.

......you are welcome to the world of truth.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by druid06(m): 6:27pm On May 03, 2013
blink182: Now that it is a Muslim thread, Seun has permanently fixed a warning to dissuade people from mocking allah and Muhammed but it is completely cool for people to ridicule and mock God the mighty Father and Jesus.

Like this comment if you agree with me that there should be a warning like this with Christian threads.

I wish I could have given more likes. Nice one though!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40)

Is Applying Of Relaxer A Sin In Islam? / Ogun Prophet & His Sons Convert To Islam, Cut Off Their Dreadlocks (Photos) / Dangote Sultan Adamawa Converts British Woman, Delgado To Islam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.