Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? (9869 Views)

Will Everyone Watch Our Life History On Judgement Day / What Will Be The Fate Of Those Mentally Challenged on Judgement Day? / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by jowizee(m): 6:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
yuzedo: Judgement day is one BIG movie theater. There will be a large 1000inch Sony HDTV screen where everybody will queue up and watch videos of other peoples lives on earth. I'm looking forward to that day cos i will have my vaseline in my hand while watching peoples videos. All these NL babes wey dey form varchin.. We go watch una sexxx tape dat day! grin grin grin

All you girlfriends that lied you are in church night vigil, meanwhile ya in one hotel sucking lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ya boyfriend go know that day.. angry angry angry

Infact, judgement day go too sweet. You go watch people life movie die! i am bidding to be the sole distributor of popcorn that day. Chei!!! tongue tongue tongue

loooooool....that will be so funny to watch....
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by GooseBaba: 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ayoakinkahunsi: If you had already known the answer why asking
Well
The world is a market place and heaven is our home
That is leaving on earth is temporal we shall surely return to our fathers house but the bastards must have been exempted

Your papa go judge you before he lets you inside his house. Are you sure you are not a bastard.. !?
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
avuekwe: Judgement day is not a day to be afraid of. Infact it is not a '24 hour' period but lasts a thousand years in which christ will judge in righteousness by restoring man to perfection and bringing kingdom blessings upon mankind here on earth. Judgement day is quite different from 'the day of judgement' .

#my own 2 cents

that was not worth even a quarter. .
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by achu442(m): 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Doesnt god already know who is good and who is bad? What is the point of the judgement day when god already knows what you have done and where you are going to? Is God into ceremonies and entertaining court cases?
Every man would give account of how they lived their life on earth.So yow won't be able to say "i didn't do it"when you actually did...cos your works will speak for you.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
achu442: Every man would give account of how they lived their life on earth.So yow won't be able to say "i didn't do it"when you actually did...cos your works will speak for you.

but then isnt your christian God all knowing why does he ned to ask them the same thins again and waste time?

abi what kind of foolishness be this
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2013
GooseBaba:

I though the bagger created you in his own image.. Are you now saying a gave you an ants brain... Excuses upon excuse ....
shocked :oGoosebaba please stop that! Did you just insult God? I can't believe this. Even if you do not believe God, why not just err on the side of caution. You don't need the insults, believe me.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
Edenitis: Revelation 20:11-15
Revelation 22: 11-16

The whole purpose of our existence is a selection process
where people make their choices.
Characters are formed, alliances are made, positions are taken for or against the owner of the universe.
As you make your bed, so you will lie on it.
Judgement is not a trial or the charade you seem to describe.
Position have been taken. The trial has been completed.
The Lord now comes and delivers judgement at the Supreme Court level.
No appeal: No surrender.

Take your position and keep on with it.

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
holamiday: shocked :oGoosebaba please stop that! Did you just insult God? I can't believe this. Even if you do not believe God, why not just err on the side of caution. You don't need the insults, believe me.

he did not insult God exactly. he insulted the false CHRISTIAN God.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by godman01(m): 7:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
Wait till the judgment day and u will know!

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by dnawah(m): 7:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
Jamb is going to the university.
Judgement day is going to Heaven or hell.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by 3kay945(m): 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
@op, another important thing to note is that we won't really be judged based on our deeds but by our beliefs. Imagine going to hell for not getting a chance to hear about Jesus; our ancestors are in big soup.

Purely rubbish, if there is going to be then it must absolutely be through deed and not beliefs.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

he did not insult God exactly. he insulted the false CHRISTIAN God.
shocked shocked shocked which one be false christian God again??
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
holamiday: shocked shocked shocked which one be false christian God again??

that fellow jesus and his bloodthirsty dad.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
avuekwe: Judgement day is not a day to be afraid of. Infact it is not a '24 hour' period but lasts a thousand years in which christ will judge in righteousness by restoring man to perfection and bringing kingdom blessings upon mankind here on earth. Judgement day is quite different from 'the day of judgement' .

#my own 2 cents
JW in d building
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
If afta death u go to hell/heaven immediately and if during Judgement Day everione is still gonna line up to be judged,... Does it mean dat those in hell/heaven will hve to come and line up to be judged again
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by mrofficial2(m): 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Doesnt god already know who is good and who is bad? What is the point of the judgement day when god already knows what you have done and where you are going to? Is God into ceremonies and entertaining court cases?

Let's agree God is gaming us. Now, play the good way.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by GooseBaba: 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
holamiday: shocked :oGoosebaba please stop that! Did you just insult God? I can't believe this. Even if you do not believe God, why not just err on the side of caution. You don't need the insults, believe me.

Look a god that takes side is not a true god. A god that sets traps is not a true god. A god that takes credit for everything good and blames his so called creation for everything bad is not a true god. I will take olodumare before I look Jehovah corner. Olodumare no write book, you as a human being you seek your path in life and everything that befalls you is within the cosmos. that means you hold him responsible.. And the followers of olodumare do not go about demonizing other gods while promoting a god which was forced upon their ancestors.

Given that, I believe in God. The one true God that does not demand worship nor set rules and regulations. The elements of this world that sustains life is God. Look around you when a child is born we clear his/ her air passage for breathing. Every living being needs oxygen, every human being NEEDS oxygen.. But not everybody need Buhda, Allah, Jesus or olodumare or your village juju. And one harness these elements that sustains life and can also destroy life free of charge. When we expire we go back to the source of life which science call pure energy. A God that created this magnificent universe will not create a furnace as a tool for purnishment and deem it wise...

Even olodumare worshippers do not make excuses on behalf of thier god same cannot be said of Yahweh and him pikin.. Excuses full ya pa!!!
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Solozzo(m): 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Abi o!!

Reminds me of the Egyptian mythology of the book of the dead in which you are tried after death by Horus/Ra and his son Osiris, and your heart is weighed against a feather. If guilty you are eaten by a monster . If not guilty you enter everlasting life.

The judgement day to me is an unnecessary myth created out of man's mode of ditching out justice but devoid of natural justice, the chance to defend your actions. Punishment or reward after death is not required as everyone must have experienced the consequences of their actions on earth or their descendants would in the future. It's all about how intelligent u are and circumstances you face. If smart and with the right circumstances you can evade punishment. How about influence of culture, creed, religion and other factors such as genes, parenting, illnesses contributing to sin. Surely God has to put these together when meting justice, not fair on others.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Solozzo(m): 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

that fellow jesus and his bloodthirsty dad.

.....myths with no iota of truth. How about animals and plants any judgement for them? Same bible says in Ecclesiastes that man is no different from the animals, and after death there is nothing only permanent rest in the grave
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Solozzo(m): 9:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
mendax: @OP, to understand the need for a judgement day, you first need to understand the purpose of why you exist on this earth.

secondly, I believe the Lord has sent me guidelines. A set of dos and donts which we as human beings need to adhere to. Part of those rules apply to my relationship between myself and the Lord directly, while the other part has to do with my relationship with other beings like me. The judgement has nothing to do with giving me a fair hairing, because by definition God cannot cheat (because cheating/oppression is unGodly). Hence, on that day, your deeds will be made manifest to you.

Now take for example, a guy called hitler comes along and decides to kill a million people and then commits suicide. Does that mean that this hitler guy has gone scot free? No way! He'll be judged. If another guy named Sani decides to steal our collective commonwealth as Nigerians but then dies or is poisoned, does he go scot free or is he made to account for his actions. Or lets say, a guy kills my father but has a very powerful lawyer to defend him on this earth, on that day, that Judgement will be repeated and what is due to the murderer and lawyer will be handed back to them etc

When your deeds are presented to you, there is no issue of defending yourself, because you will know that very well that you committed them. It is not an issue of defence that will save you, it is an issue of the Lords mercy.

You must understand that on earth nothing is fair. Shakespeare says fair is foul and foul is fair. If the whole armies on earth cannot wrest or kill hitler and he commits suicide good for him but he suffered notoriety, unhappiness fear and suicide. Sani got away but dies from alcoholic liver disease and poison possibly from harlots. We are no different from animals only more intelligent aggressive and sex thirsty and highly sophisticated social life. We DO NOT know how the universe came to be for sure and myths created religion, gods and demons because of fear, ignorance. Science is a more objective search for the truth. Religion succeeds because it gives an explanation of things origin in the language of babies.

Thus for me there is no known evidence of judgement day and is logically unnecessary.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Debeloved87(m): 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
I wonder why the christian faith is being tackled today. There is no reason defending God or our Lord Jesus, they are all powerful in every way and right to defend themselves, even the Devil cant question or Judge Jesus, Jesus said "the prince of this world finds nothing in me" i.e even the devil, lucifer or whatever you call him, the godfather of the atheist find no fault in Jesus or in his works.. And let me tell you, go and find out, the devil is not an atheist...he just cant find his way back up there, thats why he turns you to an atheist, not to even think of the place at all.

Pertaining to what Judgement day is, its a day to judge the works of each person...everything we do is penned down. The reason why some people are to have everlasting life will be revealed and reward given,some people will make heaven but their works might not yield any reward, and the reason why some are condem to everlasting damnation will also be revealed too. Even hell and hades too will be judge and the final destination for evil is LAKE OF FIRE, where all casted will burn and finally melt away like vapour and the final destination of the good ones will be THE KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH......
.,....If u call your self an atheist you are just deceiving yourself, even your body belief in God and thats why is stil alive, and you can make all those noise, you are just a body inhibiting soul, inhabiting a body not made by you. Its a gift of life you need to appreciate the All-Creator and the Creator-son for rather you got your soul corrupted by the evil one, spewing blasphemy...umnhn, well, ALL IS WELL..
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by kilmix: 10:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
yuzedo: Judgement day is one BIG movie theater. There will be a large 1000inch Sony HDTV screen where everybody will queue up and watch videos of other peoples lives on earth. I'm looking forward to that day cos i will have my vaseline in my hand while watching peoples videos. All these NL babes wey dey form varchin.. We go watch una sexxx tape dat day! grin grin grin

All you girlfriends that lied you are in church night vigil, meanwhile ya in one hotel sucking lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ya boyfriend go know that day.. angry angry angry

Infact, judgement day go too sweet. You go watch people life movie die! i am bidding to be the sole distributor of popcorn that day. Chei!!! tongue tongue tongue
Guy you funny die

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by frank317: 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
Debeloved87: I wonder why the christian faith is being tackled today. There is no reason defending God or our Lord Jesus, they are all powerful in every way and right to defend themselves, even the Devil cant question or Judge Jesus, Jesus said "the prince of this world finds nothing in me" i.e even the devil, lucifer or whatever you call him, the godfather of the atheist find no fault in Jesus or in his works.. And let me tell you, go and find out, the devil is not an atheist...he just cant find his way back up there, thats why he turns you to an atheist, not to even think of the place at all.

Pertaining to what Judgement day is, its a day to judge the works of each person...everything we do is penned down. The reason why some people are to have everlasting life will be revealed and reward given,some people will make heaven but their works might not yield any reward, and the reason why some are condem to everlasting damnation will also be revealed too. Even hell and hades too will be judge and the final destination for evil is LAKE OF FIRE, where all casted will burn and finally melt away like vapour and the final destination of the good ones will be THE KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH......
.,....If u call your self an atheist you are just deceiving yourself, even your body belief in God and thats why is stil alive, and you can make all those noise, you are just a body inhibiting soul, inhabiting a body not made by you. Its a gift of life you need to appreciate the All-Creator and the Creator-son for rather you got your soul corrupted by the evil one, spewing blasphemy...umnhn, well, ALL IS WELL..

i expected you to just answer my question and make me understand what i want to know, not callin me an atheist an giving me long preaching. shouldnt i ask questions that bother me?
now the bolded in ur long speech means that the body of those who have died have stopped believing in God? have u ever seen people who live on this earth forever? why do we just talk anyhow because we believe in one thing?

now i still need to be clearified on one thing that have been bothering em, abi are we not here to learn? i posted it earlier and everybody ignored it, i will repost it below:

honestly i am yet to understand how this judgement will be fair or how it is even a judgement at all.

for instance... if in the course of my life here on earth i am from India and someone preaches about Christ to me and i disagree with the preaching with the confident that what the preacher says are false. how will God just point out my sins based on that and judge me without giving me a fair hearing.

i want to ask you. what if on that judgement day God announces that Islam was the right religion after all do you think it will be fair that God throws you into hell without hearing from you?
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Debeloved87(m): 11:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
frank3.16:

i expected you to just answer my question and make me understand what i want to know, not callin me an atheist an giving me long preaching. shouldnt i ask questions that bother me?
now the bolded in ur long speech means that the body of those who have died have stopped believing in God? have u ever seen people who live on this earth forever? why do we just talk anyhow because we believe in one thing?

now i still need to be clearified on one thing that have been bothering em, abi are we not here to learn? i posted it earlier and everybody ignored it, i will repost it below:

honestly i am yet to understand how this judgement will be fair or how it is even a judgement at all.

for instance... if in the course of my life here on earth i am from India and someone preaches about Christ to me and i disagree with the preaching with the confident that what the preacher says are false. how will God just point out my sins based on that and judge me without giving me a fair hearing.

i want to ask you. what if on that judgement day God announces that Islam was the right religion after all do you think it will be fair that God throws you into hell without hearing from you?
hey friend am not calling you an atheist....you only ask a question and i think i have answered that, am only reffering to those that call themselves atheist. The body responds to life as the creator orders it, no matter how bad or corrupted the soul might be the body stil responds to life normally as the creator orders it, its enough to know that their is God. The body is just a vessel for the soul, when its dead, its completely gone, and separated from the soul. It lays stil in the tomb and cant appreciate the essence of life..thats why people say "the dead or dead body cant give glory to God in the grave"....i hope am now understood....if you are an indian, God will still judge you according to the things you have done, right or wrong whether you believe in one religion or not and sincerely thats the reason for the jugement day....what would those that have died before christ came be saying on that day,thats why i said everyone will be judge according to his works,but it will be better to be on christ side because Jesus said it will have been better if he hadnt come but now they have no cloak for their sins...you cant hide under any religion cloak, the truth has been given and revealed about who God is and how he wants us to worship him.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by frank317: 11:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
Debeloved87: hey friend am not calling you an atheist....you only ask a question and i think i have answered that, am only reffering to those that call themselves atheist. The body responds to life as the creator orders it, no matter how bad or corrupted the soul might be the body stil responds to life normally as the creator orders it, its enough to know that their is God. The body is just a vessel for the soul, when its dead, its completely gone, and separated from the soul. It lays stil in the tomb and cant appreciate the essence of life..thats why people say "the dead or dead body cant give glory to God in the grave"....i hope am now understood....if you are an indian, God will still judge you according to the things you have done, right or wrong whether you believe in one religion or not and sincerely thats the reason for the jugement day....what would those that have died before christ came be saying on that day,thats why i said everyone will be judge according to his works,but it will be better to be on christ side because Jesus said it will have been better if he hadnt come but now they have no cloak for their sins...you cant hide under any religion cloak, the truth has been given and revealed about who God is and how he wants us to worship him.

thank u. the problem now is that a lot of truth has been revealed... but any way, i have read a lot of responses... lets seee how it goes
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Solozzo(m): 4:30am On Apr 19, 2013
3kay945:

Purely rubbish, if there is going to be then it must absolutely be through deed and not beliefs.

Absolutely. This is how they sell their religion. Smart huh! They frighten you with judgement day to believe in their dogmas, and if you do till you die, you will never find out if they lied to you because dead bones do not see or hear. Man created myths of judgement day because they could not accept the harsh reality of finality of death. Our greed for more and more of earthly pleasures and narcissism drive us to invent mythical consolations in heaven paradise and that our enemies suffer an eternal pain - again our sadistic nature. We want to sow little and reap a lot - just accept Jesus and paradise is yours, yet we never stop sins.

Death in reality is a natural part of the cycle of life. It's survival of the fittest among creatures for a place on this rocky planet. Your genes continue in your offsprings or relatives. Why no judgement day for my dog. Reminds me of the Egyptian myth of judgement after death and eternal life. It was only for pharaoh and the noble men. The masses died like animals.

Face the truth death is final for everyone. No life after death, spiritual or physical,. So live your life to the full, live it well so you go peacefully." There is no joy, no pain in the grave to which you are going" says the preacher in Ecclesiastes in the bible, and " a living dog is better than a dead lion" So no judgement day!
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 4:51am On Apr 19, 2013
GooseBaba:

Your papa go judge you before he lets you inside his house. Are you sure you are not a bastard.. !?

Ask your father if he is your real father
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by cychioma: 7:09am On Apr 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

do u know that there is something called investigative judgement. Dat is wot we r facing now, God is watching n wishing dat we repent by using his people to direct us bk to him. When we die our fate is already determined, u hv faced ur own judgement.that is y god is telling us dat we shud!nt be afrai of because he calls dis sleeping. When he comes again , d dead will rise again.those dat lived according to his standards will be caught up with him n d sinners with d enemy satan wud be destroyed forever.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 19, 2013
The only opportunity you have now is to accept JESUS CHRIST into your heart.If you ever fail to do that now, there is no repentance in the grave.
frank3.16:

sounds like he want humans to know they are guilty and accept their punishment in good fate. of what use is this if you wont b given opportunity to defend urself?
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by tooblessed: 8:10am On Apr 19, 2013
My brother, it is to prove that God is just. The account of the fall of man in the garden of Eden might through more light. To make us understand we deserve what the punishment or reward will be. I think there wouldn't be any judgement if God had not given us laws to live by. The essence of this is to show whether we obeyed or disobey God as while we lived here on earth. My opinion! If we live right as God's word instructs we do not need to be afraid of the judgement. I ask the spirit of God to make the rest clearer to you my brother. stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by normalcent(m): 8:30am On Apr 19, 2013
Becarful abt wat u say,do or tink cos u wil be judge accordinly.what ever u sow so shall u reap shocked
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by normalcent(m): 8:42am On Apr 19, 2013
Absolutely. This is how they sell their religion. Smart huh! They frighten you with judgement day to believe in their dogmas, and if you do till you die, you will never find out if they lied to you becausedead bones do not see or hear. Man created myths of judgement day because they could not accept the harsh reality of finality of death. Our greed for more and more of earthly pleasures and narcissism drive us to invent mythical consolations in heaven paradise and that our enemies suffer an eternal pain - again our sadistic nature. We want to sow little and reap a lot - just accept Jesus and paradise is yours, yet we never stop sins.
Death in reality is a natural part ofthe cycle of life. It's survival of the fittest among creatures for a placeon this rocky planet. Your genes continue in your offsprings or relatives. Why no judgement day for my dog. Reminds me of the Egyptian myth of judgement afterdeath and eternal life. It was only for pharaoh and the noble men. The masses died like animals.
Face the truth death is final for everyone. No life after death, spiritual or physical,. So live your life to the full, live it well so you go peacefully." There is no joy, no pain in the grave to which you aregoing" says the preacher in Ecclesiastes in the bible, and " a living dog is better than a dead lion" So no judgement day!@solozzo
sori 4 ur life[color=#550000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MFM Power Must Change Hands Programme Message January 2014 / How Jesus Has Deceived The Christians / Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.