Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,423 members, 7,826,651 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

How Do I Sell My Shares? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Do I Sell My Shares? (9472 Views)

How To Claim My Shares Dividend / Please, How Do I Sell My Shares With First Bank / How To Reclaim My Shares, Bonuses And Dividends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Sell My Shares? by qeemus: 9:21am On Apr 18, 2013
Hi all.I bought some ECOBANK Transnational shares as well as JAPAUL shares about 5 years ago. All I have is the certificate. I've never received any form of divided (maybe because I changed location).

My question is: how do I go about selling these shares? I currently do not have any stock broker!
Re: How Do I Sell My Shares? by janykute: 11:40am On Apr 18, 2013
The first thing to do is to get a stockbroker.Without a stockbroker you wont be able to sale your shares.The stockbroker also would be able to advise if you are entitled to any dividend or not.
Re: How Do I Sell My Shares? by qeemus: 11:50am On Apr 18, 2013
Thanks for your response,can you kindly recomend a good broker here in Lagos?
Re: How Do I Sell My Shares? by janykute: 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
Cashcraft has of recent been good.You can check out their website at www.cashcraft.com
Re: How Do I Sell My Shares? by Elai147: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
You must first dematerialise the certificates and have them lodged in to your CSCS account so that they will no longer be in paper form but electronically stored in your CSCS. To be able to do this, you need a stock broker. Go to The Nigerian Stock Exchange website for a list of stock brokers that you can choose from. You will be required to open an account with them and let them lodge in your certificates for you. Don't just keep your certificates inside your house, you missing a lot.
Re: How Do I Sell My Shares? by qeemus: 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
Thanks for your advice.I really appreciate
Re: How Do I Sell My Shares? by janykute: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: How Do I Sell My Shares? by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 28, 2013
i kept my own transcorp certificate at home cuz d big fall in the value, am i also missing alot?
Re: How Do I Sell My Shares? by Elai147: 3:14pm On May 01, 2013
As long as you get your dividend and bonus posted to your address you may keep it and lodge it in when you are ready.
Re: How Do I Sell My Shares? by gideonchris: 7:24am On Jul 12, 2017
pls guys i have similar issue. my dad bought shares with intercontinental bank which is now ACCESS ...AND ITS MORE THAN TEN YEARS NOW SINCE HE BOUGHT IT ...I NOW WANT TO SELL IT FOR HIM AND WE DONT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT ...THE BANK IS STILL SENDING US SOME ENVELOPE...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Best To Start Haulage Business / Investment Guidelines / Buying Shit Coins At Their Early Stage Is The New Money Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.