Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala (11607 Views)

For Criticising Aregbesola, Thugs Attack Newspaper Readers At Newsstand / I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi / Boko Haram Spokeman - Nigeria Belongs To ALLAH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2013
stjudas: Nna lekwenu ifeanyi oooo. Ndi awusaa cho iri nwanyia...... Finally, ghost mode. Dem no go see you!!

Rotflmao
Dude, you are crazy. Seriously.
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by batstan(m): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
i tot they couldn't sack abdulrashid maina, the pension rogue, cos of 1tin 1tin civil service rules of engage. Kai they r good
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by ckkris: 4:37pm On Apr 19, 2013
inaluf: We are watching.
Is this a threat? From which 'WE'?

1 Like

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by ckkris: 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
Jarus: OMG!!!!

YA is a very good friend.

I almost called him to ask him how he can do that as a government officer - spokesman of NEMA.

The article was ill-thought.

OMG, Yushau.
The man knows what he is doing. Those that shouted ARABA in 1966 are still around? Walahi if they say ARABA again every one will thank God. They created the debts and problems that Ngozi has been resolving.

2 Likes

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by ayodejisunday: 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
It doesn't make sense at all to believe this kind of story. It is not logical that minister of finance will sack an officer from ministry of information.
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by hercules07: 5:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
nwando:

You cannot malign a boss that pays your salary with accusations one quarter as grievous as those and expect to still be employed
That is common sense
He deserves the right to let you go
The day you decide to be an activist and bad mouth the govt,you had better be self employed or privately employed
Period
This eediot has learned the hard way
Serves him right
He should have quit his job first

She does not pay his Salary, he should not have done what he did, but she is being overbearing too if the information is right.
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by ckkris: 5:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
inaluf, Your topic posted @ 8:14am has generated nearly 5000 viewers by 5:30pm. Great. But only 70 comments or posts. There is no reaction from the South-west. And you just signed up in Nairaland only yesterday for the purpose of attacking Ngozi, the Finance Minister. LET THE TRUTH PREVAIL/

3 Likes

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by kutchs: 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
ayodejisunday: It doesn't make sense at all to believe this kind of story. It is not logical that minister of finance will sack an officer from ministry of information.
And whats the business of an officer from “ministry of information“ with the affairs of the Ministry of Finance? Do I believe that there‘s no more work for him at NEMA that will make him dabble into appointments and promotions in the MofF?

4 Likes

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
hercules07:

She does not pay his Salary, he should not have done what he did, but she is being overbearing too if the information is right.

Who is now at home without a job?

1 Like

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Biafradiplomat: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2013
The arrogance of these aboki people is so nauseating! Nigeria is in this palous state just because the worst dregs of the society were kept in strategic places courtesy of the aboki perpetrated military junta that left us in this prostrate state. This clowns are always fast to accuse others of favouritism yet they revel in nepotism. Imagine this fuul trying to justify the pogrom of 1966, now justapose this with a public figure in today's Germany to justify the holocaust! This dude is crassly incompetent and is not even supposed to be the PRO of NEMA, I know him at their Maitama HQ, he is as black as coal and should be in his mid thirties. Let him go to the labour market with his mediocrity!
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by phoenix28: 8:04pm On Apr 19, 2013
Enough of this brouhaha about Okonjo Iweala , I will like to know her qualification to serve Nigeria,
I mean her moral justification , did she ever partake in the national youth service ?
We are still suffering from her Benetton/IMF backed debt payment package. Nigeria is the only nation in the world that paid her debt and there was no strengthening of the currency.

Prosperity will judge her, she was a major minister in the failing government of GEJ and there will be no excuse on her part in the future.I will not await another after my service best seller like El-rufai.
Until she comes out to exonerate herself I will like to believe all this insinuation about her personality to be true.
Did Shuaibu comment about the government in past ? If yes what was the reaction ?Time will tell
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by EMMABC1(m): 9:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
Did u know that in 1988, Lukman Rilwanu the then minister of petroleum sent 280 boys from the north to petroleum training institute, warri for training. On getting there, they were examined and to the mgt's surprise they did not possess even d minimum qualification and cud not speak english. The school had no option than to send them back. Lukman on hearing this got annoyed and sacked d entire mgt and imposed his own people loyal to him and prevailed on them to reabsorb those boys. Today those boys are in middle mgt class of NNPC, PPPRA, DPR, etc waiting to take over soon. This is d kind of country we live in that is full of hatred, tribalism, mediocrity, wickedness, favouritsm and pull him down syndrome, where merits are sacrificed on d alter of d above mentioned. The northerners are the major problem of nigeria and have to be put where they belong- limbo.

7 Likes

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
Willy7: They started with d Aviation minister,it didnt work,they moved over to Chief of Army staff,their daftness was laid bare,now they have switched over to Finance minster,they will also be put to shame where they belong.Bunch of cowards and senseless propagandists.Though i have no love for this administration but then all this cow brains that see themselves as born to rule should just let sensible Nigerians be.If they know so much,why is Nigeria still like this after so many years of their piloting d affairs of the Nation?Or did they just discovered their developmental zeal or progressive brains?Pls lets allow this people to do their works,and by 2015 we have a choice to kick them out.We can criticize d govt constructively,not those outdated ethnic jagons often used by failures and disgruntled elements.Who uses what happened in the 60's to judge what will happen in 2013?Some people are still living in d past,and they intend ruling a 21st century people?If what happened in d 60's should repeat itself,Nigeria will be a desert,no ethnic group will survive it,no matter ur military strength and capabilities.As for me,his sack is on point.

The guy's I.Q. must have been very low to permit him write that...

2 Likes

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by kardoso(m): 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2013
Whenever I hear idiots like that NEMA fool talk. I kinda wonder why I came to this world a black man.
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Policewoman(f): 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2013
inaluf: National Emergency Management Agency Public Relations Officer, Yushau Shuaibu, has been removed from office for reportedly publishing an article that was critical of the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

Shuaibu’s removal, it was gathered, took place last Thursday.

Besides, there are fears that he might face further sanction from the authorities for daring to raise issues on Okonjo-Iweala’s alleged involvement in the appointment of her relatives to top positions.

Shuaibu in a newspaper article had said, “Dr. Okonjo-Iweala should also note that blatant disregard for the sensitivities and sensibilities of others while arrogantly promoting only people from her tribe may expose them to hatred with potentially explosive consequences such as those experienced in the 1960s when most federal positions were occupied by a particular tribal group.

“For those of us who still respect the Minister of Finance and Economic Development, we strongly believe she should dissociate herself from current allegations of ‘biafranisation’ of top public offices in Nigeria. We are in democratic government where policy issues should not be done in dictatorial manner of ‘we-are-now-in-power’.”

Our correspondents gathered that Okonjo-Iweala had complained about the article to Vice-President Namadi Sambo, who conveyed the minister’s dissatisfaction to the NEMA Director-General, Alhaji Mohammed Sani-Sidi.

It was learnt on Thursday that the finance minister called Shuaibu and reprimanded the NEMA image-maker over the article and even insisted that he should write a rebuttal in some dailies.

A source said, “Okonjo-Iweala was not satisfied with Shuaibu’s explanation that the article was not sponsored and she insisted that he should write a rebuttal. Shuaibu was subsequently removed from his position through a letter last week.”
When contacted, the former NEMA spokesman confirmed his removal, but declined further comments.

Meanwhile, the minister, who spoke through her Senior Special Assistant, Communication, Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu, said, “I have seen several reports, especially online, which claimed that the Finance Minister is using her power to oppress Mr. Yushau Shuiabu. That is false and unfair. The minister is the one oppressed here.

“Mr. Shuaibu accused her of pursuing an ethnic agenda. But those he mentioned as beneficiaries of the so-called agenda are people who were already in office before she returned as minister.

“So she is the victim of a serial campaign based on lies sponsored by people, who are angry that due process rather than politics is being upheld in the recruitment of a new Chair for Federal Inland Revenue Service.

“But we believe that every part of this country has brilliant people. who have what it takes to go through a competitive process and perform well at any level. No part of Nigeria has a monopoly of capable people. Our history confirms so.
“To invoke the tragic events of 1966 based on these lies so flippantly as he did in the article is indeed unfortunate. I won’t say more than that.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/nema-spokesman-loses-position-for-criticising-okonjo-iweala/
FROM THE ABOVE STATEMENTS THE MAN DESERVES NOT ONLY TO LOSE HIS JOB, BUT PROSECUTION AND IMPRISONMENT FOR INCITING VIOLENCE AND POGROM AGAINST THE EASTERNERS angry

2 Likes

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Policewoman(f): 10:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
lacasa:

Yeea, and the Immigration woman dat was dismissed some months back is from which Tribe?

And is it not the same offence she was dismissed for?

Aabeeg, keep shut!
You dimwit, are the one that needs to shut up angry

1 Like

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by OneNaira6: 11:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
LMFAO. The Northerners no dey shame sometimes. So all this years, they made the entire Nigeria FG their second home, they never realized they needed to diverse it to every ethnicity. They saw nothing wrong with what they were doing. Everyone kept quiet and cried silently. It is now that people are correcting their wrong, they cry foul. Abeg carry go. We'll pay una mind if una actually did not do what una are accusing NOI of doing. If she actually did what una are accusing her, which I doubt, look in the damn mirror. She learned it from the best. Be proud your protege now surpassed the master. Look at the kettle calling the pot black. Mschewwwww. Always bitching and moaning when sh1t isn't going there way. Na only you people are allowed to rule and be members of the FG of that f2ked up nation. Nkita ara. He deserved the sack. That was even being generous if you ask me. The man need to be flogged 1000 times and jailed for 10 years. Ewu dika ya.

3 Likes

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by LivingSaint(m): 1:15am On Apr 20, 2013
I wonder what the West and the North are up to, raising aspersions of ethnic agenda pursuance against officials of Eastern Nigerian origin. Why such hatred and disdain to the extent of crying wolf where there is none? And this, after decades of committing the same crime against the Eastern Zone. The Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba are making it clearer each day they want no other peoples to benefit from Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by biolabee(m): 1:20am On Apr 20, 2013
nwando:

You cannot malign a boss that pays your salary with accusations one quarter as grievous as those and expect to still be employed
That is common sense
He deserves the right to let you go
The day you decide to be an activist and bad mouth the govt,you had better be self employed or privately employed
Period
This eediot has learned the hard way
Serves him right
He should have quit his job first

He reported what is bein said by eveyone and his conclusion is devoid of any accusation
you shd read what Ed Balls writes about dave and george

She took it personal unnnecessarily

The choice of her nominees into top public appointments and even the composition of her associates cut across every segment of Nigeria including those in her Economic Team like Nasir Elrufai, Nuhu Ribadu, Bode Agusto, Dr. Mansur Mukhtar and Chukwuma Soludo among others.

Her achievements too were glaring. We recall that in 2005 she led Nigeria to striking a deal with the Paris Club, a group of bilateral creditors, to pay a portion of Nigeria's external debt amounting US $12 billion in return for an $18 billion debt write-off.

She ensured transparency in monthly federation account allocation by the introduction of monthly publication of the disbursements in selected media. She was instrumental to helping Nigeria obtain its first ever sovereign credit rating (of BB minus) from an international ratings agency. Even when she left the government in 2006, her nongovernmental organisation, NOI Global Consulting, partnered with the Gallup Organization to introduce what may be described as the first credible opinion poll, the NOI poll, into the Nigerian polity.

With these at the background, it was not surprising that when she were reappointed by President Jonathan as Finance Minister and when she were shortlisted for the post of President of the World Bank in 2012, she received overwhelming support from all Nigerians. An online publication even claimed that some Northern Mallams were praying for her success in the mosques. Everyone at that period believed that she were a detribalized Nigerian with real-world experience of policy-making.

The reason for writing this write-up is to alert her to some disturbing trends as regards some recent appointments into top public offices in Nigeria in view of their economic and political implications. As the most powerful minister and an Igbo Princess from the Niger Delta by virtue of being a daughter of Obi of Ogwashi-Uku community in Delta State, I believe she should continue to live above board.

For those of us who still respect the Hon Minister of Finance and Economic Development, we strongly believe she should dissociate herself from current allegations of ‘biafranization’ of top public offices in Nigeria. We are in democratic government where policy issues should not be done in dictatorial manner of ‘we-are-now-in-power’.

I therefore urge her to ensure that appointments into important positions should be done in credible and transparent manners that can withstand public scrutiny. I believe strongly that only those that mean well will dare to tell the truth on the general feeling in the country.

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by kokoA(m): 2:26am On Apr 20, 2013
Lol @Some Nigerians. Its funny how some of us reason. This is what I have gathered over the years: When Ngozi mess, dem go say "oh she is a havard graduate, dis mess smells like italian perfume. Great mess from a great daughter of Naija", when Ngozi do mistake, they'd be like "oh she is from world bank. She must know what she's doing", Ngozi slap person, "oh she gave naija debt relieve, why dat person go vex am? Infact she for shoot am" blah blah.. Ngozi is never wrong. This is not right for a nation with about a hundred and fifty million people. Inasmuch as I respect this woman for her personal achievements,some nigerians need to know that nobody is above mistake including Ngozi. With due respect to her, can she or any of her ass-lickers tell us one economic policy she has engineered to benefit the poor masses? Why does she always pursue policies that favour the elites? Having said that, @ topic. It is wrong for a civil servant to openly criticize a public official considering the fact that they are part of one government, though we have freedom of information but the civil service rule kicks against this. The dude should have known better.
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2013
[quote author=Afam4eva]

That's exactly what came to bare as soon as i read the news article. Which kain amebo journalism be this sef. This is the part that really caught my eye:

Our correspondents gathered that Okonjo-Iweala had complained about the article to Vice-President Namadi Sambo, who conveyed the minister’s dissatisfaction to the NEMA Director-General, Alhaji Mohammed Sani-Sidi.

Were they there when Okonjo Iweala was complaining to Sambo or did the latter organize a public complaint to Sambo or what? Whoever wrote this news article deserves to be rounded up and locked up.

[/quot

no apologies whatsoever, you must be an off-spring of a tyrannical, myopic, ruthless, power-drunk, and trigger-happy military personnel. Your comment is a pointer to that fact.
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 20, 2013
EMMA BC: Did u know that in 1988, Lukman Rilwanu the then minister of petroleum sent 280 boys from the north to petroleum training institute, warri for training. On getting there, they were examined and to the mgt's surprise they did not possess even d minimum qualification and cud not speak english. The school had no option than to send them back. Lukman on hearing this got annoyed and sacked d entire mgt and imposed his own people loyal to him and prevailed on them to reabsorb those boys. Today those boys are in middle mgt class of NNPC, PPPRA, DPR, etc waiting to take over soon. This is d kind of country we live in that is full of hatred, tribalism, mediocrity, wickedness, favouritsm and pull him down syndrome, where merits are sacrificed on d alter of d above mentioned. The northerners are the major problem of nigeria and have to be put where they belong- limbo.

In as much as the Image Maker of NEMA may have to a gross extent hit below the belt, you shouldn't sound too crude and abusive towards our Northern brothers. If you must know, you're also propagating religious feud, nepotism, tribalism and sectionalism capable of causing public unrest and disorder.
I think Operators of this site should have posts like this one censored so as not to incur the wrath of the authorities concerned
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by ckkris: 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
@ visionless, why are you against tribalism? People have for decades reaped enormous benefits from it. Why are you against the only CULTURE that everyone accepts, unanimously? Dem send you?
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by bloggernaija: 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
Apart from the yoruba who more often than others, rise above the fray,the rest of the country is riddled with gross nepotism,prejudice and ethnic paranoia and hatred.go to any civil service department ,it is either dominated by the northerners or the Ibos. The only place you will see yorubas in the majority is the oil industry and you know the oil coys employ people on merit.Those government departments are usually so badly run that they will be crying to be transferred to the southwest from their home state or headquarters..they will forever cry marginalization until they start killing each other.
The yorubas in most cases have voted with their feet. Many have had to seek employment overseas. The only ones I pity are those left at home who are not part of the Oga at the top . i also know that there are many competent people from all ethnic nationalities in nigeria. Only a tribalists would say there are are none. Nigeria remains a combustible and unsophisticated country. Only a fool would fail to notice the rapid increase and high concentration within a short period, of policy makers of ibo extraction at the helms of the financial industry .it would have been different their policies are improving the lots of nigerian . However, it is a sea of red ink and debt galore. My take is that people should avoid actions that will be hanged on the neck of a whole ethnic nationality

1 Like

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by ckkris: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2013
[quote author=bloggernai]
Only a fool would fail to notice the rapid increase and high concentration within a short period, of policy makers of ibo extraction at the helms ]
1. Awolowo created the CAPITAL FLIGHT that Ngozi is labouring to solve. In 1973, Awo seized ALL foreign-owned Manufacturing Companies, and DISTRIBUTED them to his cronies. In ten years, 1983, ALL the companies became bankrupt, and have mostly relocated outside Nigeria.
Sir, do you agree that since 1973, no INVESTOR would bring a dime into Nigeria? Obasanjo knows how he begged VODACOM with all incentives to come to Nigeria. Now Ngozi has resolved the huge debts caused by such massive net Capital outflows.
2. If you know what Asari Dokubo said in NTA 7 Ikeja, about massive Yoruba looting of the oil industry, you'll be more careful next time. And Governor Amechi has said the same thing this year.
Oga, just leave'm, God dey.

1 Like

Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by musak27: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
Willy7: They started with d Aviation minister,it didnt work,they moved over to Chief of Army staff,their daftness was laid bare,now they have switched over to Finance minster,they will also be put to shame where they belong.Bunch of cowards and senseless propagandists.Though i have no love for this administration but then all this cow brains that see themselves as born to rule should just let sensible Nigerians be.If they know so much,why is Nigeria still like this after so many years of their piloting d affairs of the Nation?Or did they just discovered their developmental zeal or progressive brains?Pls lets allow this people to do their works,and by 2015 we have a choice to kick them out.We can criticize d govt constructively,not those outdated ethnic jagons often used by failures and disgruntled elements.Who uses what happened in the 60's to judge what will happen in 2013?Some people are still living in d past,and they intend ruling a 21st century people?If what happened in d 60's should repeat itself,Nigeria will be a desert,no ethnic group will survive it,no matter ur military strength and capabilities.As for me,his sack is on point.
I cry bitterly when I see one person correcting another's mistake with a mistake. Don't you know how to build on your points, without attacking the man. That is one fallacy inherent in almost every comment I see on nairaland. With all sincerity and no obscurity and no obnoxiousness, I feel he was truly bias . But the bone of contention here is are not also bias. If you want to be an intellectual ,think and talk like one. Nairalanders deserve an apology from you, for your string of abuses ,ballyhoo comments and mediocre critic of this piece.
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Raymondgabriel(m): 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
kamez: HMmmmmm so much for freedom of speech in naija

is lyk u dont knw d diff. Btw freedom of speech & defamation, slander & libel. Beta b sure b4 u talk!!!
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
ckkris: @ visionless, why are you against tribalism? People have for decades reaped enormous benefits from it. Why are you against the only CULTURE that everyone accepts, unanimously? Dem send you?

It will only be demeaning to trade words with you considering your short-sightedness and virtually empty educational portfolio which I can tell judging from your low mentality. As such, I reserve further comments.
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Raymondgabriel(m): 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2013
ayodejisunday: It doesn't make sense at all to believe this kind of story. It is not logical that minister of finance will sack an officer from ministry of information.
wot re u sayin? So u can nt undastand simple english. Hu said dat d minister of finance sack sumbdy?? Beta read dat article again. Na fake news de take start!!!
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Raymondgabriel(m): 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
wot re u sayin? So u can nt undastand simple english. Hu said dat d minister of finance sack sumbdy?? Beta read dat article again. Na so fake news de take start!!!
Re: NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala by Raymondgabriel(m): 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2013
okpara ugo:

The guy's I.Q. must have been very low to permit him write that...
ur own is vry high! Aboki!! Akpa Amu!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari And APC Leaders To Hold First NEC Meeting Since Defection Gale / Vote For Me, I’ll Work For You, Obaseki Tells Electorate / Fayemi Congratulates Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, APC Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.