Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. (25434 Views)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / 11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by justsmile(f): 11:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
jakesund: tell her you think you've also lost the feelings you have for her and u want a DIVORCE that madness in her will flee with immediate effect .women tend to act crazy when given too much attention and control .if u don't act now it'll only get worse. WAKE UP AND TAKE CHARGE angry

can anyone please give me a cogent reason to get married . cuz all i see is people's lives getting messed up after taking a walk down that dreadful ONE WAY road called MARRIAGE. sad sad shocked

Oh pls! Just like you have peeps 'crying' in their union, so also do you those 'smiling and laughing' in their marriage!
When you fail to prepare your self for marriage (spiritually, mentally, emotinally, character, financially etc)......then be prepared to fail! And this goes for both the guy and the lady!
Let me state again.........there are soooooooo many peeps out their enjoying marriage! Look out for those enjoying it and find out what is making theirs work. Look out for those failing and pin point why they failed or are failing! Marriage is no rocket science.......... Its just like mathematics, follow the right formula and get the right result! Follow the simple steps of the one (GOD via His word) who instituted this beautiful gift of marriage to humanity and see yourself enjoy it!
Now you wanna marry......how many books have you read on marriage or even r/ships?! How many impactful tapes have you listened to or seminars have you attended?! Do you have a picture of what your own marriage should look like ( this will help in the choice of a partner) Have you ever sincerely asked God to guide your choice of a partner?! "Wisdom is profitable to direct. Therefore,get wisdom and in all your getting, get understanding"
It is not marriage that fail, it is people that fail marriage!........for whatever reason!
Am not here to convince you to marry.......if you like marry, if you like don't marry.....na for pocket! I personally hate when fellas make a 'caricature' of marriage. People make the choice of a partner......kindly live with the choice you made instead crying foul! 'Its not marriage that is doing you, it is you doing marriage'...deal with it! In fact marriage should be for the 'selfless' IMO.
I can go on and on but I'll stop here.
Simply be the right person and marry the right person!......this last statement is like a basic foundation and another topic for discussion all together!
I hope you get my drift!!!
Yours truly!!!
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 22, 2013
justsmile:

Oh pls! Just like you have peeps 'crying' in their union, so also do you those 'smiling and laughing' in their marriage!
When you fail to prepare your self for marriage (spiritually, mentally, emotinally, character, financially etc)......then be prepared to fail! And this goes for both the guy and the lady!
Let me state again.........there are soooooooo many peeps out their enjoying marriage! Look out for those enjoying it and find out what is making theirs work. Look out for those failing and pin point why they failed or are failing! Marriage is no rocket science.......... Its just like mathematics, follow the right formula and get the right result! Follow the simple steps of the one (GOD via His word) who instituted this beautiful gift of marriage to humanity and see yourself enjoy it!
Now you wanna marry......how many books have you read on marriage or even r/ships?! How many impactful tapes have you listened to or seminars have you attended?! Do you have a picture of what your own marriage should look like ( this will help in the choice of a partner) Have you ever sincerely asked God to guide your choice of a partner?! "Wisdom is profitable to direct. Therefore,get wisdom and in all your getting, get understanding"
It is not marriage that fail, it is people that fail marriage!........for whatever reason!
Am not here to convince you to marry.......if you like marry, if you like don't marry.....na for pocket! I personally hate when fellas make a 'caricature' of marriage. People make the choice of a partner......kindly live with the choice you made instead crying foul! 'Its not marriage that is doing you, it is you doing marriage'...deal with it! In fact marriage should be for the 'selfless' IMO.
I can go on and on but I'll stop here.
Simply be the right person and marry the right person!......this last statement is like a basic foundation and another topic for discussion all together!
I hope you get my drift!!!
Yours truly!!!

Very good and thoughtful words my sister. I am not married and hoping to do so soon but let me just add to your words of wisdom... marriage is also for those who have learned that love is NOT a feeling but a determined decision to love the one you have chosen to be with through thick and thin.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by justsmile(f): 12:18am On Apr 22, 2013
davidylan:

Very good and thoughtful words my sister. I am not married and hoping to do so soon but let me just add to your words of wisdom... marriage is also for those who have learned that love is NOT a feeling but a determined decision to love the one you have chosen to be with through thick and thin.

Thanks jare!!! This is another nugget....... I'll keep it in mind!
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by NLGwoodey: 6:47am On Apr 22, 2013

Marriage is like anything else. Either it works or it does not.
Everything is not fixable, likewise marriage.
OP your wife has shown you that there is no love.
In love, one party tends to be more in love than the other.

Are you sure that there is no one bobo wey dey side dey shine her kongo?

@Dr. that talked about psychiatry___kini problem?
Which kind hospital dey treat psych problem pass koboko?
Na serious caning dem dey use pursue psych/madness comot.
OP don't try the kobokoing at home.

As women plenty reach, na im you want make one woman give you hypertension abi stroke?
If you die from all these stress, she go still move on.
Why don't you move on now while you still have your health?
You are in an unhealthy relationship. Period!

I sincerely believe that God don tire to dey listen to Nigerians problems.
No be only Nigerians create. Small thing God this, God that.
Una no go leave God make he rest small?
God helps those who help themselves. Leave this ogbanje alone!
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Katier00(f): 7:24am On Apr 22, 2013
Okon.akpan:
She threatened divorce not long ago. I think she is fed up with our marriage cos she is not having her way as she wants. There is always quarrel whenever things are not done her way cos she want to be in control.
belive me or nt she is havin an affair
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by adconline(m): 7:59am On Apr 22, 2013
omonnakoda:
1.You need to get a sense of humour and stop taking things so serious.I think he was teasing/joking
2. There is actually a word ; "worsted" though it is not a superlative of "bad" as in worsted wool grin grin
I guess the joke is on me cos I did not see " worster" in OP's post
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 22, 2013
Okon.akpan:
My wife and I have been married for about two years now with a son, we reside in Calabar and I work at Eket. I spend some weeks at work due to the nature of my work. We dated for more than a yr before we married but knew and dated when we were in the university for few months. When we were dating, she was nice, respectful, understanding, caring and tolerating.

Things changed when we married, she became hot tempered, impatient, stonehearted, unforgiving, isolates my friends and rants angrily if things are not done her way. She complains whenever I present a gift to her either is too expensive or too cheap (fake). She cannot be pleased or satisfied; its either what I did is too much or not enough. She has issues with neighbours and the previous places we have resided.

She has issues with almost all her siblings, she don't trust anybody not even me, and she suspects anybody when negative incident occurs and thinks everybody around her is diabolic. She is very economical and complains when I spend money on my people but wants me to be spending money on her people and on her. She told me that she don't have feelings for me again which shows in her.

Things became worst when her mother came for child birth visit, she became more aggressive in everything, she nags a lot and would keep on talking for hours even if I decide to ignore her, in-short, the more I ignore her, the more she talks. During any argument between us when I’m at work, she cuts the phone on me and does not answer my calls nor call me for days or weeks until I come back home.

Previously we resolve our differences within a day but this had changed. She wants to do all the talking while I just sit and listen to her, when I speak, she would want to raise her voice on me and as I resist her, she would wear a stony face, snub me and start crying moments later, the snubbing will continue for days.

I need advice from this house on what to do, I can't continue like this. I don't know how my child is; I don't know what is going on in my house as I'm in Off Shore. My wife has changed into what I cannot explain, she want to have the final say in my house and control me but I've refused. What do I do cos, I must confess, it disturbing at work and I don't know the future of our marriage.

Yea . . . . . right!
Your wife woke up one morning and suddenly changed . . . what is she? a chameleon?
I'll advice you to be truthful to yourself . . . ONLY you can fix your marriage!
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 22, 2013
Ujujoan:

Yea . . . . . right!
Your wife woke up one morning and suddenly changed . . . what is she? a chameleon?
I'll advice you to be truthful to yourself . . . ONLY you can fix your marriage!
Is dat d right thing to say? Can't u figure it out that something is wrong, and if sumtin is wrong must it be frm the man's side? I dnt undastand hw most u ladies visualise things sometimes. Its clear frm his assertions..... the wife dosen't have feeling for him anymore. And all she wants to do is control everything which is a clear evidence and d product of nt having feelings for him anymore. The question should be... How cn he get her back to feel for him?.. Whats d reason or cause of d lost feeling?.. And dats wia u get it wrong, it musn't be frm d man, the cause had every possibility that it can b frm d woman..u knw women and their intimate,material and pleasure issues.
@OP I dnt knw yet what to tel u. I wil get back to you but dnt succumb for her. Still be d man and if possible seek nt her opinion any longer. If u let her control d family, her mission for nt feeling for u anymore would be accomplished.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 22, 2013
Kzinne: then why are you pussyfooting. give her what she wants
lol.... Dude get a work
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 22, 2013
tithe: To be frank she's possessed by evil spirit, take her for deliverance. I recommend synagogue.
lol
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by cece12: 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
Okon.akpan:
My wife and I have been married for about two years now with a son, we reside in Calabar and I work at Eket. I spend some weeks at work due to the nature of my work. We dated for more than a yr before we married but knew and dated when we were in the university for few months. When we were dating, she was nice, respectful, understanding, caring and tolerating.

Things changed when we married, she became hot tempered, impatient, stonehearted, unforgiving, isolates my friends and rants angrily if things are not done her way. She complains whenever I present a gift to her either is too expensive or too cheap (fake). She cannot be pleased or satisfied; its either what I did is too much or not enough. She has issues with neighbours and the previous places we have resided.

She has issues with almost all her siblings, she don't trust anybody not even me, and she suspects anybody when negative incident occurs and thinks everybody around her is diabolic. She is very economical and complains when I spend money on my people but wants me to be spending money on her people and on her. She told me that she don't have feelings for me again which shows in her.

Things became worst when her mother came for child birth visit, she became more aggressive in everything, she nags a lot and would keep on talking for hours even if I decide to ignore her, in-short, the more I ignore her, the more she talks. During any argument between us when I’m at work, she cuts the phone on me and does not answer my calls nor call me for days or weeks until I come back home.

Previously we resolve our differences within a day but this had changed. She wants to do all the talking while I just sit and listen to her, when I speak, she would want to raise her voice on me and as I resist her, she would wear a stony face, snub me and start crying moments later, the snubbing will continue for days.

I need advice from this house on what to do, I can't continue like this. I don't know how my child is; I don't know what is going on in my house as I'm in Off Shore. My wife has changed into what I cannot explain, she want to have the final say in my house and control me but I've refused. What do I do cos, I must confess, it disturbing at work and I don't know the future of our marriage.

marriage is a different ball game...tell her u want a divorce jor rather than suffer...
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by babylast(f): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
Okon.akpan:

i will advice u go for counselling, call for a meeting wt her and her parents present n tell them ur observations while u let her defend herslf. abve all tell God in prayer
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by birdman(m): 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
justsmile:

Thanks jare!!! This is another nugget....... I'll keep it in mind!

Lets see how much this nugget will help you if your husband starts to use you as a punching bag. You can do all the counseling and seminars you want, but the successs of the marriage still boils down to your partner actually wanting it to work out. And you have absolutely no control over what an adult decides to do. You can pray, fast, beg, go on vacation all you want, but if they arent interested, you are wasting your time
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by troy20(m): 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
"alota pple r enjoying marriage"? Well dts highly exagerated.my guy face reality.dis is no romance fiction of those teen years anymore.this is REAL.if dis bothers u dt much dt u cant concentrate at wrk nor sleep, believe me it arnt worth it.u'l just watch life sip out of u.women arnt always d angels de seem.giv it ur best shot.if it doesnt wrk, get RID of her ASAP!
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
troy20: "alota pple r enjoying marriage"? Well dts highly exagerated.my guy face reality.dis is no romance fiction of those teen years anymore.this is REAL.if dis bothers u dt much dt u cant concentrate at wrk nor sleep, believe me it arnt worth it.u'l just watch life sip out of u.women arnt always d angels de seem.giv it ur best shot.if it doesnt wrk, get RID of her ASAP!

1000%
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by justsmile(f): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
birdman:

Lets see how much this nugget will help you if your husband starts to use you as a punching bag. You can do all the counseling and seminars you want, but the successs of the marriage still boils down to your partner actually wanting it to work out. And you have absolutely no control over what an adult decides to do. You can pray, fast, beg, go on vacation all you want, but if they arent interested, you are wasting your time

Mr man! That can never happen to me!!! It can to the females in your life but not me! Thank you!
Seem like you are a wife beater and a puncher yourself that's why you could spew such rubbish without shame!
Who told you every man is a wife puncher?! What disrespect to the male folk!
My dear, there are lots of good guys out there that don't have such barbaric character!
Just like there are lots of beautiful women with good character out there!
For the fact that someone made a choice to choose wrongly does not mean every husband or wife is bad! Trust me, their are lots of lovely partners out there!
If you refuse to acquire the right knowledge and choose wrongly......... That's your biz!
I usually don't reply to peeps that are not on the same 'frequency' with me!
I simply drop my comment and walk.......if you like take it, if you like don't! Just like I read others comment and take the ones that I like and discard the rest!
So Oga once again....... MY HUSBAND WILL NEVER BEAT ME!
Tnk u!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by johnwell(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
lari03: for those saying we have listened to one side of the story before giving advice, this post is from someone who is in the same location and industry, not a faceless person. I lived in eket for a year and I know how it goes down.
Ibibio and efik communities are down to earth and accommodating, but presently many of their young women have lost their moral bearings and that's an issue, there is also a spiritual perspective to this, but nairalanders may not appreciate it. but these are the issues men there are dealing with, you may consider this a stereotype but it is the reality on ground.

you are right brother, it's not easy up here, but I know God will give us the grace to identify and overcome them.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by johnwell(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
Katier00 :
belive me or nt she is havin an affair

I SUSPECT SAME!
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by birdman(m): 3:32am On Apr 25, 2013
justsmile:

Mr man! That can never happen to me!!! It can to the females in your life but not me! Thank you!
Seem like you are a wife beater and a puncher yourself that's why you could spew such rubbish without shame!
Who told you every man is a wife puncher?! What disrespect to the male folk!
My dear, there are lots of good guys out there that don't have such barbaric character!
Just like there are lots of beautiful women with good character out there!
For the fact that someone made a choice to choose wrongly does not mean every husband or wife is bad! Trust me, their are lots of lovely partners out there!
If you refuse to acquire the right knowledge and choose wrongly......... That's your biz!
I usually don't reply to peeps that are not on the same 'frequency' with me!
I simply drop my comment and walk.......if you like take it, if you like don't! Just like I read others comment and take the ones that I like and discard the rest!
So Oga once again....... MY HUSBAND WILL NEVER BEAT ME!
Tnk u!

So what if he does beat you. What then? You are not the first one to think it cant happen. You have no control over another adult's decisions no matter how much you fast, pray and do seminars all day
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by birdman(m): 3:33am On Apr 25, 2013
johnwell:

I SUSPECT SAME!

Agreed. This is the most likely reason. She is trying to head fake the guy and keep him confused so he doesnt suspect an affair.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Princesszoe: 11:50am On Apr 25, 2013
And what about him cheating on his wife or hasnt he ? Oga, if you really believe in the existance of life after death , i.e heaven and hell, you should never divorce your wife except on the ground of adultery in which you must have been faithful to her ever since you both have been married otherwise fix your marriage. God is the creator and the re-creator, ask Him to do the remoulding . Some women have changed their husbands through prayers, why not do so? She is a woman and not a man. No matter how hard she depicts herself, she cannot overcome her emotions. Try and show her love , i mean sincere love, as a woman, she will get the signal, confess your unfaithfulness if there is any because you may have done that and she might have known (am talking from experience)which is responsible for her hating some part of you. After this storm (ofcourse this issue must calm) always fast and pray together. Infidelity( this has introduced demons in many homes) MUST BE A NO GO AREA for the both of you otherwise devil will have a field day again.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by fibonacciseries(f): 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
[quote author=Doncolio]Take a deep breath, then follow this few steps.
Take time off work, then prepare a vacation of two(2) days exclusive for you and her. Make sure the place is a place she wuld have loved to be. Take along with you things that could bring back the memories of the past when you were courting or when the marriage was sweet. After the fun of the day, try open a table for discussion and speak ur mind. Try understand if are response are selfish meaning she doesn't care about you- meaning t
In fact i am inpired by all the reasonable, meticulous and sensitive advisers here. You are highly appreciated. If the wife could be here to tell her side of the story ...
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
10 Sex Moves She Craves More than 1,000 women took our poll and confessed the top things they wish guys would do in bed. Behold, the 10 most popular, ranked in order. To make sure you satisfy her desires, we included tips on exactly how to pull off every last move...right down to number one.

BY msol muzik

10. Give her bosoms more attention
Lots of guys pamper a woman's bosoms during pre-intimacy but forget about them during the main event, which is a shame because the extra stimulation can lead to a bigger heavenly feeling for her. Plus, it's important to pay attention to more than just her Tips, since her entire bosom is packed with nerves, especially the underside. When she's on top, use your fingertips to draw wide, slow circles, starting around the perimeter of one bosom and spiraling in until you're just about at her Tip. Then use your hand to cup and lift the underside of her bosom, and lick around her Tip before covering it entirely with your mouth and sucking gently.

To continue reading pls click the below link..........................
http://muzikhitz9ja..com/2013/10/sex-tips-for-partners.html
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 12, 2015
iamswizz:
I SUGGEST YOU GET A SECOND WIFE undecided
Some advise tho, smh
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by jadelyn007(f): 9:24pm On Jan 12, 2015
Back in the days when most nairaland men had sense. Now the majority is high on horseshiit. Only a minority got sense

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 13, 2015
Whew! Oluwa o
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Barezzi(m): 10:55am On Jan 13, 2015
Very sad case...
Most married offshore guyz are in this same shit grin
I know quite a number of them...kpele...
you've received enough counsel here, go and do the needful!
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 14, 2015
Send her back to her family
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by Arsenate(m): 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
jadelyn007:
Back in the days when most nairaland men had sense. Now the majority is high on horseshiit. Only a minority got sense
but same can be said of the women. most women on this thread sound reasonable, unlike what we have on Nairaland these days; bunch of bitter misandrists masquerading as feminists.
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by nikkyshyne(f): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
I wonder if Op and wifey are now in good terms...
Re: My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
Doncolio:
Take a deep breath, then follow this few steps.
Take time off work, then prepare a vacation of two(2) days exclusive for you and her. Make sure the place is a place she wuld have loved to be. Take along with you things that could bring back the memories of the past when you were courting or when the marriage was sweet. After the fun of the day, try open a table for discussion and speak ur mind. Try understand if are response are selfish meaning she doesn't care about you- meaning the marriage has hit d rock(then inform her to go have a rethink of ur marriage) or concerened and scared she might loose you,then u'll have to reassure her. But u know her best so act accordingly and man up. Also have at the back of ur mind that women like to have their way and can be capable of even what you don't know.

#WishUluck

This is very bad advice.

You are essentially rewarding her for bad behaviour.

What she deserves, at this point, is some good ol' whippin', as uncle Mohammed wisely advised (abeg na Uncle Mo. from ITALY I dey talk, no be the one from Madina - before person go come blow up for pesin side... lipsrsealed)

On a serious note though, if it's not postpartum depression, or whatever they call it...give her times 2 of whatever she is giving you.

If you are not prepared for everything to go to hell, you've lost.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? / My Husband Is A Sex Freak / Woman Births Triplet After 19Years Of Marriage | Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.