Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? (3064 Views)

Ese Oruru's Parents House In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (photos) / What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / Married Couples: Would You Feel Comfortable Having Sex In Your Parents House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 8:31am On Apr 20, 2013
I see grown up men nowadays who should ordinarily be on their own but still lives with their parents or guardians. At what age should a man leave his parents and start fending for himself? What age did you leave ur family's house to stay alone?
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by honeric01(m): 8:36am On Apr 20, 2013
uboma: I see grown up men nowadays who should ordinarily be on their own but still lives with their parents or guardians. At what age should a man leave his parents and start fending for himself? What age did you leave ur family's house to stay alone?

Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 8:54am On Apr 20, 2013
honeric01:

Wow! Were u thru with schooling then? Or u sponsored urself in school. It is noteworthy to note that some may have left earlier to hustle on their own. Whatever the situation, was it an action you later regretted or benefited from? Let's have more comments pls.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by jmoore(m): 9:03am On Apr 20, 2013
There is no specific age.
Some leave when they have job.
Some have job yet they still live with their parents and leave when they marry.

Many factors come into play

I am still in my parents house and I work. I will leave to my own house when I am about to marry.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by sholay2011(m): 9:06am On Apr 20, 2013
As much as it's advisable to leave early, say age 24 and below; there are some factors that may come in.

What if the individual finished school at age 25 because he had problem getting admission into d university or course of his choice?

What if this individual is unfortunately among the statistics of the unemployed and even unemployable graduates (which may be as a result of the school he went, not necessarily his unseriousness)?

There are many 'what ifs'. It's commendable for a man to stay independent of his parents at an early age; but what matters more is his desire to stay independent of his parents, even for decision-making, and not just about changing locatn from his father's house.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by honeric01(m): 9:08am On Apr 20, 2013
uboma:

Wow! Were u thru with schooling then? Or u sponsored urself in school. It is noteworthy to note that some may have left earlier to hustle on their own. Whatever the situation, was it an action you later regretted or benefited from? Let's have more comments pls.

only took a leaf from my elderly siblings
no regrets cos i had no choice but to become a man as early as possible
yes to the school question.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2013
jmoore: There is no specific age.
Some leave when they have job.
Some have job yet they still live with their parents and leave when they marry.

Many factors come into play

I am still in my parents house and I work. I will leave to my own house when I am about to marry.

Yes, so many factors come into play. But do u enjoy living with your parents? Do you have the freedom and privacy that others who are on their own may enjoy? Remember to invite us for ur wedding ooo! Cheers
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2013
sholay2011: As much as it's advisable to leave early, say age 24 and below; there are some factors that may come in.

What if the individual finished school at age 25 because he had problem getting admission into d university or course of his choice?

What if this individual is unfortunately among the statistics of the unemployed and even unemployable graduates (which may be as a result of the school he went, not necessarily his unseriousness)?

There are many 'what ifs'. It's commendable for a man to stay independent of his parents at an early age; but what matters more is his desire to stay independent of his parents, even for decision-making, and not just about changing locatn from his father's house.

There is no fixed age or age range that a growing man should attain before leaving his parents house. I have seen some even at the age of 34 still eats from his mother's pot in the family's house. I do not subscribe to allowing a graduate to continue staying with his parents simply because he has no job. Nowadays, u don't wait for jobs, u should instead create a job that will put food on ur table and some cash in ur pocket.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 9:21am On Apr 20, 2013
honeric01:

only took a leaf from my elderly siblings
no regrets cos i had no choice but to become a man as early as possible
yes to the school question.

I admire your bold step brother.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by sholay2011(m): 9:31am On Apr 20, 2013
uboma:

There is no fixed age or age range that a growing man should attain before leaving his parents house. I have seen some even at the age of 34 still eats from his mother's pot in the family's house. I do not subscribe to allowing a graduate to continue staying with his parents simply because he has no job. Nowadays, u don't wait for jobs, u should instead create a job that will put food on ur table and some cash in ur pocket.
Did you read my post well? If the man desires to stay independent of his parent, even if he doesn't have a job yet, he would. So, he wouldn't wait till he clocks 34 before he stops clinging to mummy.

But my focus is not about changing locatn (which is gud at an early age but circumstances may nt allow), but rather being independent in decison-making (especially in marriage).

We still have people who moved out of their parents' house at an early age (maybe to enjoy their privacy) but still run to their parents whenever there is problem in their marriage even when a third party shouldn't be involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by jmoore(m): 9:48am On Apr 20, 2013
uboma:

Yes, so many factors come into play. But do u enjoy living with your parents? Do you have the freedom and privacy that others who are on their own may enjoy? Remember to invite us for ur wedding ooo! Cheers
I do have freedom and privacy but not to be compared to those that live on their own , I am under their roof so I do house chores even when I don't have the strength to do so.
In terms of privacy, I have my own room. I am not in a relationship so a girl coming to visit me is not even in the picture.
There will always be pros and cons.
I don't have to worry about cooking smiley
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2013
jmoore:
I do have freedom and privacy but not to be compared to those that live on their own , I am under their roof so I do house chores even when I don't have the strength to do so.
In terms of privacy, I have my own room. I am not in a relationship so a girl coming to visit me is not even the picture.
There will always be pros and cons.
I don't have to worry about cooking smiley

different strokes for different folks. Enjoy urself bro
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 20, 2013
I still live happily with my mum and siblings and loving it grin

And leaving is going to be in a couple of years from now.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by vivianc(f): 10:54am On Apr 20, 2013
Between 16 and 18.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza: Between 16 and 18.

And where did you go to at that age? shocked
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Truckpusher(m): 11:31am On Apr 20, 2013
grin grin grin
Tashamania:

Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2013
Truckpusher: grin grin grin

Seriously, I await her response. I really wanna know. Its quite too young.

Did she go do a maid for someone or something undecided
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 20, 2013
22. 3 months after graduating from college.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by vivianc(f): 11:38am On Apr 20, 2013
Tashamania:

grin you really wanna know huh? Ok.

Finished secondary school at almost 17, there was no money to further my education. I'm the first child and you know how is it with first issues in igbo land, especially when your parents are poor and not educated. You are supposed to get married and help train the others. That's btw.
So I did a road side computer training (crash) for 3months and the demand of computer operator was low in the city my parents lived. So I had to leave, I went to Owerri where the demand for computer operators was high and got a job. Was bonking with a friend at Alvan Ikoku COE, the potters found out and chased me away grin. I moved in with 1 of my friends that was in IMSU, they squatted me and I was paying like 1k every month, then I was 17 and some months but I looked 25 grin.
The rest they say is history tongue

I kinda envy you tho.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Truckpusher(m): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Finished secondary school at almost 17, there was no money to further my education. I'm the first child and you know how is it with first issues in igbo land, especially when your parents are poor and not educated. You are supposed to get married and help train the others. That's btw.
So I did a road side computer training (crash) for 3months and the demand of computer operator was low in the city my parents lived. So I had to leave, I went to Owerri where the demand for computer operators was high and got a job. Was bonking with a friend at Alvan Ikoku COE, the potters found out and chased me away grin. I moved in with 1 of my friends that was in IMSU, they squatted me and I was paying like 1k every month, then I was 17 and some months but I looked 25 grin.

I kinda envy you tho.
*giving her a standing ovation with respect*
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

I kinda envy you tho.

Awww I understand now. Seriously, I kept refreshing my 'followed topics' just to know when you reply.
But 17? Wow! You really tried, How did you cope with all the evils and malicious acts of this wicked world at such age?
Your mum or dad wasnt worried?
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

I kinda envy you tho.

Much respect!
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Truckpusher(m): 11:47am On Apr 20, 2013
Tashamania:

Awww I understand now. Seriously, I kept refreshing my 'followed topics' just to know when you reply.
But 17? Wow! You really tried, How did you cope with all the evils and malicious acts of this wicked world at such age?
You have lots of folks out there,sometimes i see this imaginary hand of nature shielding them from the vices of men until they are smart enough to fend for themselves properly.......Our collective humanity engineers our survival instinct.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 11:48am On Apr 20, 2013
Tashamania:

Seriously, I await her response. I really wanna know. Its quite too young.

Did she go do a maid for someone or something undecided

you don't have to be sarcastic.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

you really wanna know huh? Ok.

I kinda envy you tho.

I admire your strength; your a strong lady

@ OP
I'm still putting up with my parents
Thinking of leaving soon
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 20, 2013
Double post cool
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Truckpusher(m): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2013
hottiechoco: Double post cool
Thank God you know grin grin
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by vivianc(f): 11:53am On Apr 20, 2013
Tashamania:

And it wasn't easy, there were a lot midnight tears, I was made fun of, I was insulted and humiliated. grin I remember those days, those IMSU students that I lived with used to call me Jabez. grin funny huh?

My parents were worried, but they also trusted me. I was really focused and that was my compass. And at the end of the day, it actually paid off. It feels so good to make them proud.

P.S I'd kill any Mod that puts this thread on FP.
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by uboma(m): 11:55am On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

I kinda envy you tho.

I admire your hustling spirit sister. Cheers
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 20, 2013
Truckpusher: Thank God you know grin grin

undecided tongue
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Truckpusher(m): 11:57am On Apr 20, 2013
vivian chinaza:

And it wasn't easy, there were a lot midnight tears, I was made fun of, I was insulted and humiliated. grin I remember those days, those IMSU students that I lived with used to call me Jabez. grin funny huh?

My parents were worried, but they also trusted me. I was really focused and that was my compass. And at the end of the day, it actually paid off. It feels so good to make them proud.

P.S I'd kill any Mod that puts this thread on FP.
You have a history ,a rich and proud one that would be a learning point for your generations unborn.....little wonder you don't go about running your mouth like some touts that call themselves educated ,classy ladies but with fish brain right here in NL grin grin.....THREE CALABAR GUN SHOT FOR YOU JAREE
Re: At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? by Truckpusher(m): 11:58am On Apr 20, 2013
uboma:

I admire your hustling spirit sister. Cheers
There must be something for the hustler cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Make Love To Your Wife In Her Father's House? / Word For Single Girls About To Get Married / Every Family Must Have Only 1 Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.