Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not (35897 Views)

How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original / Some Places Where Use Of Phone Is Prohibited But People Dont Obey / What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
ayando:

you are absolutely on point on that.I watch films with that

I don't see the point of having a blackberry with unlimited internet access, if you can't stream with it.

2 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by spikesC(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
Mrkuvuki: Why do I love my blackberry?Email,ability to interact with hundreds of my customers via bbm,my physical Qwerty key pad...my RSS feed application,low charges for internet services,Droids are cool buh a heavy data user like me would burn close to N5000 per month,whatsapp also kips on bringing up unsolicited chats which is a no no,more over Qwerty is more covenient for me over touch screen phones...and nope I do not play games,I only do business

1.Email: Oga, blackberry restricts the number of emails you can integrate. Meanwhile, we've been getting email push since symbian v1

2. Qwerty keypad: Not all android phones are touch/full touch. Research well

3.RSS feed apps: like, wtf? you can as well say your calculator application grin

4. Data charges: its actually relative, airtel,mtn and etisalat allows the usage of BB plans on all other phones. Getting the unlimited version of them is a thing of knowing where to get the info.

3 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by rman: 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
I will continue to say it that all these TECHNO kids need to validate thier choice of phone by bashing BB.

If Android is great for your purposes, fine, if it is IOS or Windows Fine.

Coming online to rant about BB users preference shows you are pained they have their own click ( especially in Nigeria ), which you don't belong.

It is not everyone that plays games, it is not everyone that watch movies on phone, it is not everyone that buys BB to ping.

But, if I like pinging, why should anyone discourage me from buying the phone with the best chat platform ( BBM )?

We all cant use the same phone. And yes, some buy expensive phone because it just fits their class not because they are not aware there are cheaper ones. Can this same arguement be made for wrist watches? They all tell time shey? So why buy an espensive wrist watch?

Nigerians rant about the number selling IT product in computer village.

I have used all the high end phones and can blodly say the best phones in the world right now are ( not in any particualrt order):

The LUMINA 920
SAMSUNG S3 ( S4 should be better)
IPHONE 5
Blackberry z10/q10
SONY XPERA X
and finally, the newly lauched HTC ONE.

True multitasking, live tiles, smooth OS, phone and data security, Keyboard,camera, fast browsers with flash support, beautiful hardware, clear call reception signal etc are key features of a good phone.

To the techno FANS? Tell me which of the above parameters does your 15k techno do better than BB10? People that can not afford proper game consoles have substituted them with phones. smh

10 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by kinsab(f): 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
spikes make i shutdown the the fucking site of yours grin mind how you talk pls i'm not on NL to hurt anyone pls pls mind how you talk to people tongue

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BizBloke(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
miky_mouse: Another BlackBerry vs Android comparison. Are some people really jobless, I took my money and bought a Z10 for 100k, how is that your business? It's my choice, Pls free blackberry users and enjoy with your Android. To use android is not by force.
Help me ask ooo
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by kinsab(f): 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
spikes C:
ok sir cool

So, you do penetration testing
or script kiddie stuffs undecided
sad mtcheeeew
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BizBloke(m): 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
mr.drizzy:
ur question are so lame#no offence#.. Bbm and whatsapp are both different companies,how u do expect dis to ping d other,its jst like saying fbchat to ping skype or mozat
My oga don show...lol

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by kinsab(f): 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
BizBloke: Help me ask ooo

brother nawa ooo people get problem oo make them go for dia android and stop beefing blackberry users hmmm
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BizBloke(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
Mrkuvuki: Why do I love my blackberry?Email,ability to interact with hundreds of my customers via bbm,my physical Qwerty key pad...my RSS feed application,low charges for internet services,Droids are cool buh a heavy data user like me would burn close to N5000 per month,whatsapp also kips on bringing up unsolicited chats which is a no no,more over Qwerty is more covenient for me over touch screen phones...and nope I do not play games,I only do business
Correct! So far, I can't rule out the fact that BB is better for business. I think we should bring in the business and pleasure/fun factors into this comparison.
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by mrdrizzy(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
rman: I will continue to say it that all these TECHNO kids need to validate thier choice of phone by bashing BB.

Coming online to rant about BB users preference shows you are pained they have their own click ( especially in Nigeria ), which you don't belong.

It is not everyone that plays games, it is not everyone that watch movies on phone, it is not everyone that buys BB to ping.

But, if I like pinging, why should anyone discourage me from buying the phone with the best chat platform ( BBM )?

We all cant use the same phone. And yes, some buy expensive phone because it just fits their class not because they are not aware there are cheaper ones. Can this same arguement be made for wrist watches? They all tell time shey? So why buy an espensive wrist watch?

I have used all the high end phones and can blodly say the best phones in the world right now are ( not in any particualrt order):

The LUMINA 920
IPHONE 5
Blackberry z10/q10
SONY XPERA X

True multitasking, live tiles, smooth OS, phone and data security, Keyboard,camera, fast browsers with flash support, beautiful hardware, clear call reception signal etc are key features of a good phone.

To the techno FANS? Tell me which of the above parameters does your 15k techno do better than BB10? People that can not afford proper game consoles have substituted them with phones. smh

will u stop rantling rubbish,the htc one is yet to be seen in nigeria/westafrica, xperia x is on stock demandpls stop forming,yes i knw tecno users form too much and use their fones mostly for games,bt u dnt have to form a lie for u to look big pls
note: i aint a techno user,am a sony/nokia b4 u start saying am siding

2 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by mrdrizzy(m): 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
BizBloke: My oga don show...lol
boss i dey ur side oh.lol

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by samilo88(m): 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
rman: I will continue to say it that all these TECHNO kids need to validate thier choice of phone by bashing BB.

The LUMINA 920
IPHONE 5
Blackberry z10/q10
SONY XPERA X

Do u have a BB10? If not then u made no sense with ur write up. Besides the OP neva asked if Tecno phones are better than BB10?

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Vegasailin: 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
You can use any phone you like.... We live in a free world. . . It's not possible we like the same thing... As for me, Am in love with my Android Phone .. Blackberry can turn to BRT lane *drops mic*

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by wonlasewonimi: 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
Emmysteve: I just pray that Nigerian youths discover this great innovation frm tecno and stop impoverasing themselves with BB outragious price.

Professor Wole Soyinka dey use Tecno?
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BizBloke(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
kinsab:

brother nawa ooo people get problem oo make them go for dia android and stop beefing blackberry users hmmm
For sure. I hate stupid comparisons. It's just like the chicken and egg argument, or better still, the male-female argument. In short, who start this thread sef?
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by ibietela2(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
Who still uses bb these days? Some Nigerians dont know anything on bb apart from pinging. @poster tecno android phone can do everything a bb can do and even more.

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BizBloke(m): 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
ibietela2: Who still uses bb these days? Some Nigerians dont know anything on bb apart from pinging. @poster tecno android phone can do everything a bb can do and even more.
1. People still use BB. Corporate jobbers, ladies and others.
2. Do you mean Tecno D3, or D5? undecided

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BizBloke(m): 1:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
mr.drizzy:
boss i dey ur side oh.lol
hehehe! I dey feel you. #TeamNokia
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
spikes C:

1.Email: Oga, blackberry restricts the number of emails you can integrate. Meanwhile, we've been getting email push since symbian v1

2. Qwerty keypad: Not all android phones are touch/full touch. Research well

3.RSS feed apps: like, wtf? you can as well say your calculator application grin

4. Data charges: its actually relative, airtel,mtn and etisalat allows the usage of BB plans on all other phones. Getting the unlimited version of them is a thing of knowing where to get the info.

Oga I don hear,blackberry has limited emails u can integrate,yes u are right buh I only have two emails and my bb is doing the both of em perfectly for me,I like RSS reader because its simpler for me ,I use a playbook,u'll still bring up argument abt how better galaxy tab is,buh I like the bb as a brand. I noticed y'all tend 2 see droid and ios users as ppl that have come up in life,that's bullshit,buh even if I have 2 switch platforms,I'd go IOS or Even WP...Nawa oo,see as ppl dey here dey preach abt android,if u want to preach follow likes of oyedepo,I might as well pay u my tithe

2 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by mrdrizzy(m): 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
ibietela2: Who still uses bb these days? Some Nigerians dont know anything on bb apart from pinging. @poster tecno android phone can do everything a bb can do and even more.
pls there other fones in d market,nt only tecno,mk una stop dey call tecno b4 novice think tecno is the only android,infinix is there
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by bionicdude(m): 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
Bleep bb only bbm rocks on it.tecno android is value for money.my wifi is enough for me. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by gidig(m): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
I have finally come to the conclusion that some techno salesperson has decided to open a thread to promote their phone again. Let people use what suits them. We are not all kids playing games on our phones. My tablet will be android but I am not giving up my BB anytime soon. The people who make the decisions that fetch me money are also on BB. That matters to me. If you and your geek squad are techno users as well as android users, no wahala. It does not mean you are smarter-it just shows you have made a choice. creating threads every now and again to bash BB is getting very ridiculous now. Iphone users used to do that regularly until they got distracted by samsung. Grow up folks. its just a piece of equipments. its not an extension of your self esteem!

2 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by mrdrizzy(m): 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
Mrkuvuki:

Oga I don hear,blackberry has limited emails u can integrate,yes u are right buh I only have two emails and my bb is doing the both of em perfectly for me,I like RSS reader because its simpler for me ,I use a playbook,u'll still bring up argument abt how better galaxy tab is,buh I like the bb as a brand. I noticed y'all tend 2 see droid and ios users as ppl that have come up in life,that's bullshit,buh even if I have 2 switch platforms,I'd go IOS or Even WP...Nawa oo,see as ppl dey here dey preach abt android,if u want to preach follow likes of oyedepo,I might as well pay u my tithe
hahaha..lols u no well,anyway lets be plain,android is so far the most populous and most used os in the world,android also gives oppurtunity to java programmers and software developers,which to me is called employment, unlike the ios and rim dat are stock,anyway all na preference.ur choice,the customers choice
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by rman: 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
samilo88:
Do u have a BB10? If not then u made no sense with ur write up. Besides the OP neva asked if Tecno phones are better than BB10?

You are still a kid. It is so obvious cant make sense to you
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by rman: 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2013
mr.drizzy:
will u stop rantling rubbish,the htc one is yet to be seen in nigeria/westafrica, xperia x is on stock demandpls stop forming,yes i knw tecno users form too much and use their fones mostly for games,bt u dnt have to form a lie for u to look big pls
note: i aint a techno user,am a sony/nokia b4 u start saying am siding

So everone in the world is a Nigerian. On the same forum that some of you claim blackberry is dead?

Facts will be rubbish for an ignorant mind. So, if a phone is not launched officially here that means you can not use it here. My S2 was the T-MOBILE version. Go figure how I got it. I bought the Z10 before it was launched here, you can figure that out too.

Nairaland so full of ignorant kids that think they know.

And for your big part, some ofyou don't know the kind of people you respondto on anonymous forums. 10years plus experience in IT/Telecoms industry isn't a joke. I bet you are still in school 10 years ago.

Learn to respond to people properly even if you have a contrary opinion
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BizBloke(m): 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2013
gidig: I have finally come to the conclusion that some techno salesperson has decided to open a thread to promote their phone again. Let people use what suits them. We are not all kids playing games on our phones. My tablet will be android but I am not giving up my BB anytime soon. The people who make the decisions that fetch me money are also on BB. That matters to me. If you and your geek squad are techno users as well as android users, no wahala. It does not mean you are smarter-it just shows you have made a choice. creating threads every now and again to bash BB is getting very ridiculous now. Iphone users used to do that regularly until they got distracted by samsung. Grow up folks. its just a piece of equipments. its not an extension of your self esteem!
I love the last sentence.

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by ibietela2(m): 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
mr.drizzy:
pls there other fones in d market,nt only tecno,mk una stop dey call tecno b4 novice think tecno is the only android,infinix is there

The guy say na tecno phone vs bb
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by mrdrizzy(m): 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
BizBloke:
1. People still use BB. Corporate jobbers, ladies and others.
2. Do you mean Tecno D3, or D5? undecided
hahhaha
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by jaymichael(m): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
gidig: I have finally come to the conclusion that some techno salesperson has decided to open a thread to promote their phone again. Let people use what suits them. We are not all kids playing games on our phones. My tablet will be android but I am not giving up my BB anytime soon. The people who make the decisions that fetch me money are also on BB. That matters to me. If you and your geek squad are techno users as well as android users, no wahala. It does not mean you are smarter-it just shows you have made a choice. creating threads every now and again to bash BB is getting very ridiculous now. Iphone users used to do that regularly until they got distracted by samsung. Grow up folks. its just a piece of equipments. its not an extension of your self esteem!
Abi o!

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by mrdrizzy(m): 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
ibietela2:

The guy say na tecno phone vs bb
bros u read d headline so?

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by rman: 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2013

God bless you!!!

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
;
mr.drizzy:
hahaha..lols u no well,anyway lets be plain,android is so far the most populous and most used os in the world,android also gives oppurtunity to java programmers and software developers,which to me is called employment, unlike the ios and rim dat are stock,anyway all na preference.ur choice,the customers choice

Most populous os in the world? Yes ur right on that,that's what it should be,samsung,LG,Sony,HTC,Motorola,+ the chinese gangs(huawei,techno and bout 100 other tiny firms too all make mostly android gadgets, Blackberry and IOS are just two firms running their own OS, thankGod for the Android OS,they kinda made blackberry buckle up,and The result is the Z10...its good to have competition here and there,it benefits consumers
For now I'm in nigeria,and im sporting the most popular and widely used OS in Naija...
Ehen I dey sell designer perfumes wholesale and retail add me on pin:25F0D1C0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sowore: Elon Musk Smokes Weed On Live Show. (PHOTOS) / 5 Android Phones With 21MP Shooter For Camera Freaks This December / Great App For Watching Live Matches (android)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.