Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate (22412 Views)

Lagos Killer Squad Names Bode George As Sponsor / Buhari And Obasanjo Had A Secret Meeting At Abuja. Against Who? See More / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by AZeD1(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2013
Insincere Nigerian

I am terribly disappointed in you. After all your bashing and accusation of sahara reporters as an organisation full of lies you still had the guts to post an article by them...geez

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by dbride: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
This is not news. Every known and unknown prophet and some men of God pointed accusing fingers at the presidency for the death of Bola Ige. Pastor Bakare announced severally how after prayers concerning Ige's murder God always showed him an arrow pointing to the presidency. Human beings ask for evidence for judgement but God does not need evidence because He witnessed the planning and its execution. Just the way the presidency used men God will also use the same men to begin judgement. While we are screaming for evidence, God is busy doing His work which no man can stop.

Only men who dont know or fear God commit such evil and think it will remain secret. F.o.o.l.s
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Abujabir24: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
solomon111: we will dissociate from you when the North stops to parasitically feed on the niger-delta.
we will dissociate from you the day your 'born to rule' elites supports the division of the mirage called Nigeria.
Please do so cuz we are tired of you guys using oil as an excuse. Na oil we go chop? When we no even get correct refinery to refine am. And last I checked, kaduna refinery is d one still functioning to refine part of the oil. And by the time we stop sending u guys food or we start selling it to you at an alarming rate, then let's see how u will survive. And talking of rulings, u guys keep saying the malos are illiterates, the fulanis are cattle rearers, the hausas are abokis. Then how come is d same malos, abokis and illitrates that have ruled for long?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by dbride: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abujabir24:
Please do so cuz we are tired of you guys using oil as an excuse. Na oil we go chop? When we no even get correct refinery to refine am. And last I checked, kaduna refinery is d one still functioning to refine part of the oil. And by the time we stop sending u guys food or we start selling it to you at an alarming rate, then let's see how u will survive. And talking of rulings, u guys keep saying the malos are illiterates, the fulanis are cattle rearers, the hausas are abokis. Then how come is d same malos, abokis and illitrates that have ruled for long?

...because they controlled the military and therefore got to power through the barrel of gun/by force. How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by vislabraye(m): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2013
Idokojimmy: When Nigerians begin to read between lines, the hiden messsage in any piece will be revealed. This man said he believes a killer squad was established. He also believes it was housed at the SS headquaters. The implication is that he was suspicion of the fact that such existed. He wasn't sure. Moreover, why is he blabbing now? After these years. Why didn't he lend his voice when investigation over d death of Ige started. Let's be weary of blackmail. Moreover, the SSS that remains the only reputable org may not dabble into such.

4get the man's inconsistency, if there is. One thing for sure OBJ hands are soiled with blood.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2013
Kzinne: so david cameron has got a killer squad abi? nicompoop

Pele ooo Omo Britiko ..... see this is mr. call another person names. So are u a Brit? or u are a very close relative of Cameron that he confides in you whenever he wants to play dirty?. Every Damn Government have their own secret and that's a FACT
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by vislabraye(m): 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abujabir24:

Na oil una go chop? Can you do without oil in de first place?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by everyday: 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
Please you guys should leave obasanjo alone.This is a very serious accusation.Lets watch and see how it unfolds
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by meforyou1(m): 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
If he knew the killers, why didn't he mention their names?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by meforyou1(m): 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2013
Obasanjo has nothing to answer. Constitutionally, presidents have immunity for life. Omisore killed Bola Ige. Everybody knows that
everyday: Please you guys should leave obasanjo alone.This is a very serious accusation.Lets watch and see how it unfolds
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by meforyou1(m): 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2013
Obasanjo has nothing to answer. Constitutionally, presidents have immunity for life. Omisore killed Bola Ige. Everybody knows that
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by mu2sa2: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
GenBuhari: Why do they have to drag Abacha's name into it?

There were no more than two unsolved murders during Abacha's rule whilst there were dozens of unsolved murders during Obasanjo's rule.

Ironically the only murder Obasanjo "resolved" was that of Kudirat Abiola, which occured during Abacha's rule approx 3years before he started his investigation.
Abacha was not a murderer as SW tribalists and newspapers owned by them have depicted him. Diya plotted against him, but as a humane person Abacha let him go (remember the hanky to tearful Diya). The kudirat Abiola killing has never been linked to Abacha himself - in any case the woman wanted Abacha dead, but she got a dose of her own medicine. Abacha, hate or like him, was one of nigeria's greatest heros. Only tribalists and fake democrats are trying to besmirch him.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by YoungGame: 3:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Abujabir24: 3:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
dbride:

...because they controlled the military and therefore got to power through the barrel of gun/by force. How old are you?
What has age got to do with our discussion? Maybe they had a reason. What do you mean controlled the military? The military has always been dominated by southerners. The northern soldiers only have guts why southern soldiers are always afraid. The list of COAS, CNS CAS from inception has always been dominated buy d south.-
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Abujabir24: 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
vislabraye:

Na oil una go chop? Can you do without oil in de first place?
Yes we can do without oil. We have done without, we are doing without it, and we will do without it. And i thought the govt has found oil in sokoto, maiduguri and ilorin?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by emmatok(m): 3:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
A-ZeD:
Insincere Nigerian

I am terribly disappointed in you. After all your bashing and accusation of sahara reporters as an organisation full of lies you still had the guts to post an article by them...geez

Don't mind that guy.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by vanstanzy(m): 3:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
Who didn't have a killer squad amongst them? Even their "beloved" Buhari, had a killer squad too.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by 50calibre(m): 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
SLIDE waxie: well, av got a more 'badder' news for u: u can't be a president!
Bigoted lower animal!

No son! You are mistaken. I can and i will if i want to, you are the one who can't.

Anyway your anger is understood provided you aren't corrupt else I would kill you as well
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Inioluwa01(m): 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
baynix: ALL PRESIDENTS DOES.. So Y'all Shld Just STFU!!
What Abt Uncle Jona's Family Members Killing Ppl Like Rat?? I Mean Boko Haram!! undecided undecided
JESU KRISTI OLUGBALA
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by 50calibre(m): 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abujabir24: what brought hausa into this? Its clear you don't like hausa people. You despise them and I bet there isn't any reason for that. That's what many southerners say when they come to the north. My question is why would you travel from the south and go to the north since you all said you despise the people. That's how one useless bank worker said "you this hausa people sef" and she's working in Kaduna. Can u imagine? If she hates the hausas, why would she travel to the north to work? I believe if you hate people then u shld diassociate with them completely instead of been a hypocrite. That's how youth would say all this abokis sef or malos. But at d end of the day, they would go for nysc in the north and screw our sisters. Useless people. Mtwss

I don't hate Hausas, I just hate the corrupt ones be it Igbo, Yoruba or any other tribe.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by IME1: 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
the spokesman said where is the evidence? do you realize that no being able to provide evidence has sunk a great number of genuine matters? you alone witness a crime and no one can back up your story even if it is true, then the case is thrown out for lack of evidence. E-v-i-d-e-n-c-e, would not always be available! so what do we do go and sleep?
really @op what do we do with this info now? hate Obasanjo, hate him more? kill him? prosecute him? start blame game and turn the tables to Buhari, Abdulsallam, IBB, Gowon, Murtala? really? we are in a country where we see things blatantly wrong but 'we cannot do anything.' Really what can we do? we are tired of these stories and facts, whether some believe in the existence of a killer squad or not, what do we do with this info? how can we help?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
50calibre:

It's quite clear you are an Hausa man and a fan of buhari. Well I have bad news for you because when I'm president, buhari is one of the first people I would kill, that's if he is still alive then.

U cannot kill a corpse!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Samabu07(m): 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abujabir24:
Thank Goodness you admitted fully well the north ruled for so long. Other Regions should be given better opportunity to govern the affairs just as d north did. Shall I say as the constitution portrays. Nigeria might be heading for rocks 2015
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2013
mu2sa2: Abacha was not a murderer as SW tribalists and newspapers owned by them have depicted him. Diya plotted against him, but as a humane person Abacha let him go (remember the hanky to tearful Diya). The kudirat Abiola killing has never been linked to Abacha himself - in any case the woman wanted Abacha dead, but she got a dose of her own medicine. Abacha, hate or like him, was one of nigeria's greatest heros. Only tribalists and fake democrats are trying to besmirch him.

I am nt suprised cos buhari shares this opinion too. Buhari went further to declare Abacha corrupt-free. The irony is that some 'enlightened' chaps are clamouring for him to come back. That, shall be a return to worse than d Abacha yrs.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by jude33084(m): 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
GenBuhari:
Ok list the unresolved murders during Abacha rule if you can - do not mention Ken Saro Wiwa as he was tried and convicted and therefore not an unresolved murder.

In what court ken Saro Wiwa tried? undecided
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Mrevildoer(m): 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: A former associate of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, Mr. Richard Odusanya, on Saturday alleged that the former chairman of theruling Peoples Democratic Party's Board of Trustees was in charge of a killer squad that was formed under the military regime of late Gen. Sani Abacha.

Odusanya reportedly worked behind the scenes when Obasanjo was in power.

In a live interview, with an online news portal, Sahara Reporters , Odusanya alleged that the former President lodged the killer squad at a State Security Service headquarters, known as 'Yellow House.'

He appeared on the programme alongside Mr. Segun Seriki, a PDP member in Ogun State and a member of the House of Representatives in the Third Republic, under the Social Democratic Party.

According to Odusanya, the squad was used for political assassinations and was responsible for the unresolved killings of politicians under Obasanjo's administration.

He further alleged that Obasanjo knew about the murder of the former Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Chief Bola Ige, and a South-South politician, Chief Harry Marshall.

Odusanya said, "I believe that a killer squad created during the Abacha regime was kept by Obasanjo and housed at SSS headquarters, known as Yellow House, and was used for political assassinations."

Explaining Obasanjo's alleged link with Ige's death, Odusanya said, "The night Chief Bola Ige was assassinated, a top PDP member confided in me that Obasanjo told him Bola Ige was down."

Concerning the murder of Marshall, he said, "I also took a gift to Marshall and he was assassinated just a few weeks later."

Odusanya also alleged that the ex-president benefitted from an account with the defunct Trans-International Bank and that from the funds in the account, Obasanjo, asked him to deliver a Peugeot 607 and the sum of N500,000 to a woman (name withheld).

When contacted for Obasanjo's comments, his Chief of Staff, Mr. Victor Durodola, said his boss was not available to react to theallegations.
He challenged those who made the allegations to come out with their evidence.

Durodola said, "The former president is not available. Therefore, he is not in a position to respond to the allegations. However, my personal comment is that these are people who indulge in blackmail.

"Why are they using online television? They should come to Channels , AIT , or NTA ; these are television stations that are known.

"Definitely, that is not Obasanjo's character they are describing and everybody knows that. Of all the military rulers, the issue of killer squad cannot be attributed to him. That was not his style. He is not around now but I doubt if he would even give it any attention whatsoever.
He stressed that the ex-president could not have been responsible for the unresolved killings under his administration.

He further argued that Obasanjo had no reason to be involved in Ige's assassination.
"We would like to see it (the interview) but these are issues you know cannot be possible. The killings were unresolved, yes, but you know that nobody could have attributed that to him. He would kill his minister for what? So that he (Obasanjo)could be minister?" Durodola said.

Another Obasanjo aide, Vitalis Ortese, told one of our correspondents on the telephone that the allegation was a non-issue.

He said, "I don't know them. Let them prove the allegation. I don't know any Segun Seriki or Richard Odusanya."

Also reacting to the allegations, Bola Ige's eldest child, Mrs. Funsho Adegbola, told SUNDAY PUNCH that her father's killers are still alive.

Adegbola, a lawyer, called for the reopening of the Bola Ige murder case.
She said, "I can't put anything past them. I haven't seen the interview. I don't know the content of the report but I can'tput anything past them. I believe the people who killed my father - the foot soldiers and the people who sent them -are alive. They are not people from Mars.
"A murder case can go on for 30 years or more. If there is political will and the government wants to show that people should pay for theircrimes, this can be done. The family can't do anything about it because it is the state versus the suspects. The family can't sue; it is the state that can take action."

Ige, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, was shot dead in his Ibadan home on December 23, 2001.

Following a mass protest over the killing, the Federal Government had deployed troops in the South-Western state to prevent a breakdown of law and order.

While security agencies had arrested some suspects allegedly involved in the murder, including the then deputy governor of Osun State -Ige's home state - Mr. Iyiola Omisore, they were however discharged and acquitted.

Read more http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-had-a-killer-squad-as-president-former-associate/

MEHN I CANT QUOTE THiS SH!T
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
obj is a capon,all that was said against him true.and i bet you no one in the political regim can aprihend him onless PDP first go down with its power over nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by jentlsoul: 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abujabir24: what brought hausa into this? Its clear you don't like hausa people. You despise them and I bet there isn't any reason for that. That's what many southerners say when they come to the north. My question is why would you travel from the south and go to the north since you all said you despise the people. That's how one useless bank worker said "you this hausa people sef" and she's working in Kaduna. Can u imagine? If she hates the hausas, why would she travel to the north to work? I believe if you hate people then u shld diassociate with them completely instead of been a hypocrite. That's how youth would say all this abokis sef or malos. But at d end of the day, they would go for nysc in the north and screw our sisters. Useless people. Mtwss
aboki shoe makers, gate men etc. they a folk their ladies just because of money.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by 50calibre(m): 5:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
Obijulius:

U r derilous! This is mere fantasy, a childish dream and d stuff of day dreams.

If u had a plan u will shut ur trap and boast after d act! Ur type can neva work in any state intelligence service, ur loud and careless mouth gives u away as a loud person. Even ordinary spy work no go fit u.

Pls wake up from ur slumber!!!!

The goals and aspirations of great men are but dreams and castles to a mere man. I'm sure low expectant joe blow on the streets like you told Neil Armstrong he couldnt go to the moon

Everyone ain't equal bro, you should know that
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by calabardick(m): 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
Yomieluv: Every government has a killer squad,this is nothing new. They are neccessary at times to silent some people for the continual existence of a country,and to crush opponent that can destabilize the ruling government..

Every government has its secrets,if you doubt me,ask a political scientist.

tell them!
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by 50calibre(m): 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
Horo:
Continue day dreaming people like u that have evil mind and wicked soul can never become anything great in Naija again by God grace ur whole generation will die a painful death since that is what u wish others idiot

Hahaha! Funny boy. Why not direct your curses to GEJ and his cronies who keep you and your kith and kin in ravaging penury.

Foolish boy chasing rat while his house burns.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by 50calibre(m): 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
victorD3:

Its my pleasure to inform you that you are on my own list

But I'm not corrupt, I only seek to rid Nigeria of those who keep impeding our progress and its saddens me you guys don't share the same sentiment. I just might have to kill all of you and leave people with thinking faculties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeboye To Pray For Buhari, Jonathan In Abuja Tomorrow - Vanguard / Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries / Mohammed Idris: Why Bandits Kidnapped Me – Niger Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.