Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate (22418 Views)

Lagos Killer Squad Names Bode George As Sponsor / Buhari And Obasanjo Had A Secret Meeting At Abuja. Against Who? See More / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by RedLight1: 10:47am On Apr 21, 2013
Yomieluv: Every government has a killer squad,this is nothing new. They are neccessary at times to silent some people for the continual existence of a country,and to crush opponent that can destabilize the ruling government..

Every government has its secrets,if you doubt me,ask a political scientist.
killing people injudiciously? anyone who doenot support him abi killed? and u are simply proud of it ....is that how democracy suppose to be?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 21, 2013
.i am
GenBuhari: Are your taking drugs?
no.............. i am as sane as a saint
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by ewet: 10:49am On Apr 21, 2013
Why is this cominng from a GEJ ass licker? Sincere shuld you descend so low to start pelting your opponents with rumours all in the name of 2015.dont worry we will soon hear tht your GEJ is behind all the bombings in the north.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by brownlord: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2013
Kamanda: Corruption Massive Under Jonathan-U.S.

The United States government on Friday indicted the President Goodluck Jonathan led Federal Government of massive and widespread corruption.

According to the United States Department of State, government officials and agencies frequently engage in corrupt practices with impunity.

This was contained in the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2012, which was released on Friday evening.

In the report, the judiciary and security agencies, especially the police, were said be lacking in transparency.

It read in part,“The law provides criminal penalties for official corruption; however, the government did not implement the law effectively, and officials frequently engaged in corrupt practices with impunity. Massive, widespread, and pervasive corruption affected all levels of government and the security forces. The constitution provides immunity from civil and criminal prosecution for the president, vice president, governors, and deputy governors while in office.

“There was a widespread perception judges were easily bribed and litigants could not rely on the courts to render impartial judgments. Citizens encountered long delays and alleged requests from judicial officials for bribes to expedite cases or obtain favourable rulings.

“Police corruption remained rampant. Reports of checkpoint bribery and shooting incidents decreased in February after newly appointed Inspector General of Police Mohammed Abubakar announced the closure of all police checkpoints across the country; however, illegal checkpoints remained common in some regions. Police routinely stopped drivers who did not commit traffic infractions, refusing to allow them to continue until they paid bribes,” it stated.

Highlighting events that occurred in the country in last year that portrayed lack of transparency and probity, the US government listed the escape of the suspected mastermind of the Boko Haram 2011 Christmas Day bombing from custody, noting how the police commissioner, who aided the suspect went unpunished; the conviction of former Delta State governor James Ibori in the Southwark Crown Court in London of charges of money laundering and other financial crimes totaling N12.4bn, after he was acquitted by a Nigerian court; and the N1.067trn fuel subsidy fund lost to “endemic corruption and entrenched inefficiency” as examples.

It stated that, “In July, the government released a list of those who had benefited illegally from the subsidy program, which included relatives and colleagues of key government officials. In late July, the EFCC began arraigning suspects, first with a group of 20 indictments, including six oil companies and 11 individuals. By year’s end, the EFCC initiated prosecutions of approximately 50 cases related to the subsidy scam. The majority of these cases involved companies and individuals who had fraudulently received subsidy revenue. Investigations and trials had not produced any convictions by year’s end.”

The US document also faulted the refusal of public officials to declare their assets as stipulated by law.

It stated that in June 2012, the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project and other groups demanded that President Jonathan should disclose his assets from 2007 to 2012 but that Jonathan refused.

The report also rated the anticorruption efforts of the Independent Corrupt Practises and other related offences Commission and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission as “largely ineffectual,” adding that despite ICPC’s wide mandate, it had only achieved 60 convictions since its inauguration in 2000.

It also listed a number of cases being handled by the EFCC that have remained inconclusive, including the case of alleged misappropriation of one N1bn against former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, and N40bn against his deputy Usman Nafada; and the cases against four former governors Gbenga Daniel, Adebayo Alao-Akala, Aliyu Akwe Doma, and Muhammed Danjuma Goje, for allegedly misappropriating N58bn, N25bn, N18bn, and N12.8bn, respectively.

Apart from corruption, the US accused the Federal Government of numerous unlawful killings.

It decried frequent abduction of civilians and lack of press freedom, highlighting cases, where journalists were harassed and beaten up.

It also noted widespread discrimination against persons with disability.

The Presidency, however, described the report as an incorrect assessment of the situation in the country.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, warned Nigerians to be wary of such assessments which he described as “parachute researches.”

He said contrary to the picture the report painted, the present administration has remained the most transparent government since the return of democracy to Nigeria.

He said it was in the spirit of transparency that the present administration exposed the scam in the downstream sector of the petroleum industry and passed the Freedom of Information Bill.

He said, “In 2012 that the report is talking about, the EFCC alone got more than 200 convictions. This is in public domain.

“This government did an audit to eliminate waste and leakages in the system.

“On the checkpoints they talked about, it is important that they identify the difference between checkpoints and stop-and-search operation which is required especially in tackling security challenges.

“Nigerians should be wary of these external assessors that jump into conclusion. What are the parameters used in arriving at their conclusion? How scientific are the analysis?

“They assess Nigeria based on the instinct of a parachuter who jumps put of an aircraft without a fair knowledge of where he is landing.”

Source:http://www.punchng.com/news/corruption-massive-under-jonathan-us/

(Quote)

Please see your doctor, you need brain transplant

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by jhydebaba(m): 10:53am On Apr 21, 2013
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by bknight: 10:54am On Apr 21, 2013
Oga Kamanda why not open a thread for that
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Abujabir24: 10:56am On Apr 21, 2013
50calibre:

It's quite clear you are an Hausa man and a fan of buhari. Well I have bad news for you because when I'm president, buhari is one of the first people I would kill, that's if he is still alive then.
what brought hausa into this? Its clear you don't like hausa people. You despise them and I bet there isn't any reason for that. That's what many southerners say when they come to the north. My question is why would you travel from the south and go to the north since you all said you despise the people. That's how one useless bank worker said "you this hausa people sef" and she's working in Kaduna. Can u imagine? If she hates the hausas, why would she travel to the north to work? I believe if you hate people then u shld diassociate with them completely instead of been a hypocrite. That's how youth would say all this abokis sef or malos. But at d end of the day, they would go for nysc in the north and screw our sisters. Useless people. Mtwss
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by jhydebaba(m): 10:56am On Apr 21, 2013
Baba na killer I don't think so.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 21, 2013
i like dis movie....wahs d title?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by solomon111(m): 11:01am On Apr 21, 2013
Abujabir24: what brought hausa into this? Its clear you don't like hausa people. You despise them and I bet there isn't any reason for that. That's what many southerners say when they come to the north. My question is why would you travel from the south and go to the north since you all said you despise the people. That's how one useless bank worker said "you this hausa people sef" and she's working in Kaduna. Can u imagine? If she hates the hausas, why would she travel to the north to work? I believe if you hate people then u shld diassociate with them completely instead of been a hypocrite. That's how youth would say all this abokis sef or malos. But at d end of the day, they would go for nysc in the north and screw our sisters. Useless people. Mtwss
we will dissociate from you when the North stops to parasitically feed on the niger-delta.
we will dissociate from you the day your 'born to rule' elites supports the division of the mirage called Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by OmoEziokwu: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2013
Obasanjo's Chief of Staff, Mr. Victor Durodola:
"Why are they using online television? They should come to Channels , AIT , or NTA ; these are television stations that are known."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha funny Chief of Staff! grin
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by OmoEziokwu: 11:34am On Apr 21, 2013
50calibre: This Is quite sad, and we claim to have a democracy. Although when I rise to power, I plan to kill much more people (corrupt people hindering Nigeria from progressing) I am going to have a highly trained hit-squad like hitler's secret police The Gestapo.

I have already started compiling the list of guys I plan to terminate. Nigeria needs a radical to clean it up and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Nice one, mate. wink
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Melahou(m): 11:35am On Apr 21, 2013
Its not a new thing
All pressident does.
So what?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Jhulyan(m): 11:45am On Apr 21, 2013
so the police should arrest him?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by OmoEziokwu: 11:51am On Apr 21, 2013
AFRICANGLOBE: Two African students have created a malaria-repellant soap using local herbs, and have won, consequently, a $25,000 Global Social Venture Competition (GSVC) award.

The GSVC is the only international competition of Social Business Plans, dedicated to students, young graduates, and entrepreneurs with high social and/or environmental startups.

Moctar Dembélé who hails from Burukina Faso and Gérard Niyondiko, from Burundi, are the first non American born/citizen, to win the Global Social Venture Competition.

Both are students of the Intsitut International de l’Eau et de l’Envirronement de Ouagadougou (International Institute of water and environment), in Burkina Faso.

The invention will carry the name Faso soap.

“The soap will be available first here, and then given to NGO”, Gerard Niyondiko, Technical Manager of Faso soap said in a video that was posted online today.

The soap is made from karate citronella, and other herbs that are still a secret.

“We want a simple solution, because every one uses soaps, even in the very poor communities”, Moktar Dembélé, General Manager of Faso soap said.

In Africa, the most dangerous is mosquito that is the only cause of malaria. 300 million cases of Malaria each year are reported in Africa, especially where 90% cases are and still the main cause of death, according to the explanation of the introduction video.

Faso soap becomes then a solution from Africa to African problems as it requires nothing, even mindset change or big economic efforts.

SOURCE: http://www.africanglobe.net/business/african-students-invented-anti-malaria-soap-awarded-25000/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by OsunOriginal: 11:53am On Apr 21, 2013
ewet: Why is this cominng from a GEJ ass licker? Sincere shuld you descend so low to start pelting your opponents with rumours all in the name of 2015.dont worry we will soon hear tht your GEJ is behind all the bombings in the north.

You should know why... However, I know beyond reasonable doubt that OBJ arranged Ige's murder. If we get more evidence, I am sure we can approach even ICC on OBJ because local courts will not give us justice.

Now back to insincere9gerian, we know why you are doing this and therefore will not be carried away by this your report - OBJ working against the interest of your pay master is the issue. When the time comes, OBJ will face the music if he is still alive. The predator that needs to be tamed now is GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Obijulius: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2013
50calibre: This Is quite sad, and we claim to have a democracy. Although when I rise to power, I plan to kill much more people (corrupt people hindering Nigeria from progressing) I am going to have a highly trained hit-squad like hitler's secret police The Gestapo.

I have already started compiling the list of guys I plan to terminate. Nigeria needs a radical to clean it up and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

U r derilous! This is mere fantasy, a childish dream and d stuff of day dreams.

If u had a plan u will shut ur trap and boast after d act! Ur type can neva work in any state intelligence service, ur loud and careless mouth gives u away as a loud person. Even ordinary spy work no go fit u.

Pls wake up from ur slumber!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Horo(m): 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2013
50calibre:

It's quite clear you are an Hausa man and a fan of buhari. Well I have bad news for you because when I'm president, buhari is one of the first people I would kill, that's if he is still alive then.
Continue day dreaming people like u that have evil mind and wicked soul can never become anything great in Naija again by God grace ur whole generation will die a painful death since that is what u wish others idiot
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by vislabraye(m): 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
In Nigeria, hardly any case gets solved. If we are sincere OBJ should be tried for war crimes and corruption. Sentiments apart.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by MahatmaGhandi: 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abujabir24: what brought hausa into this? Its clear you don't like hausa people. You despise them and I bet there isn't any reason for that. That's what many southerners say when they come to the north. My question is why would you travel from the south and go to the north since you all said you despise the people. That's how one useless bank worker said "you this hausa people sef" and she's working in Kaduna. Can u imagine? If she hates the hausas, why would she travel to the north to work? I believe if you hate people then u shld diassociate with them completely instead of been a hypocrite. That's how youth would say all this abokis sef or malos. But at d end of the day, they would go for nysc in the north and screw our sisters. Useless people. Mtwss

grin
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by victorD3: 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2013

Its my pleasure to inform you that you are on my own list
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2013
Kzinne: so david cameron has got a killer squad abi? nicompoop
I don't blame you,illiteracy is truly a disease,what so special about David cameron,see every govt has it,its one of the unofficial machinery of the govt.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by dokunbam(m): 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
Yomieluv: Every government has a killer squad,this is nothing new. They are necessary at times to silent some people for the continual existence of a country,and to crush opponent that can destabilize the ruling government..

Every government has its secrets,if you doubt me,ask a political scientist.

Even in the advance country
some times in the interest of national security
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Idokojimmy: 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
When Nigerians begin to read between lines, the hiden messsage in any piece will be revealed. This man said he believes a killer squad was established. He also believes it was housed at the SS headquaters. The implication is that he was suspicion of the fact that such existed. He wasn't sure. Moreover, why is he blabbing now? After these years. Why didn't he lend his voice when investigation over d death of Ige started. Let's be weary of blackmail. Moreover, the SSS that remains the only reputable org may not dabble into such.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Masiya(m): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2013

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Masiya(m): 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
Guy am of the same notion. That is exactly the only solution to nigerias problem. We will champion the course. Radical revolution is the way forward
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Ninilowo(m): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
That man needs a brain check at ARO or YABA left. How would OBJ "inherit" a killer squad formed by abacha that framed him up?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by anonimi: 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
Idokojimmy: When Nigerians begin to read between lines, the hiden messsage in any piece will be revealed. This man said he believes a killer squad was established. He also believes it was housed at the SS headquaters. The implication is that he was suspicion of the fact that such existed. He wasn't sure. Moreover, why is he blabbing now? After these years. Why didn't he lend his voice when investigation over d death of Ige started. Let's be weary of blackmail. Moreover, the SSS that remains the only reputable org may not dabble into such.

Thank you o jare for breaking it down for those who get excited easily with beer parlour gists.
The man BELIEVES. He does not know nada! And people are giving him credence.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
dokunbam:

Even in the advance country
some times in the interest of national security
abeg help me tell them ooo.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
Why did he keep silent all these years? He is lying.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by ocelot2006(m): 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
As much as I like Obj, I won't be suprised if he had a unit such as that. There were reports that some operators/intelligence officers from the defunct Strike Force were not returned to their parent units, but used as instructors to creat new black Op unit. Even the NIA & DSS/SSS possess the capability to carry such operations, and I'm pretty sure they have units similar to the Kidon Group of the Isreali Mosssad.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by dbride: 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
Walexz02: Until I know the main reason(s) why this man is exposing this shíts... I will believe he still saying nonsense! Why now? Why has he been keeping it?

...because there is a time for everything under the sun, a time to kill and a time to be exposed, a time to loot and a time to be caught, a time to sow and a time to reap. Judgement time already! Nothing is hidden forever. All is in God's time, no questions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Seizes 14 Properties Traced To Ex-fct Minister Mohammed, Son / N30,000 Minimum Wage Will Cause Inflation – Umahi / Governor Fayemi Shuts Down People's FM 104.1 - Lere Olayinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.